Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4882127 times)

Jcdarden

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7100 on: 2018-07-23 02:27:37 »
I'm not sure if this is just the mod working appropriately or me missing something, but for the last couple of save points where I've checked a rank up, it has told me a character is ready to rank up to a level for which I've already given them sources. For example, I just finished the Ancient Forest in disc 2. I went to a save point to check rank ups, and it said Cloud was ready for a rank up, with current rank at 3/8. I'm 100% sure I've already given him sources for this upgrade and rank. Are there multiple upgrades per rank or something?

Edit: for what it's worth, the rank ups seem to be working properly for at least Cid and Vincent, who are at 6/8 and 7/8 respectively. Barrett, Cloud, Red XII, Aeris, and Tifa have all been stuck at 3/8 for a long time now.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-23 02:30:44 by Jcdarden »

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7101 on: 2018-07-23 02:28:29 »
Another point of feedback I'd like to give is regarding weapon choice and character niches.

One of my favourite aspects of New Threat is the overall feel of characters compared to vanilla, the balancing of stats and ranking up with individual traits and the plethora of build options you have through weapon/acc/armor choices really distinguishes each character from the other, which is my favourite thing about NT.

However, regarding the weapons, I feel there is some, perhaps? missed opportunities. Some of the weapons truly created a unique niche for the character that really made them that much more enjoyable for me.

For example; I've been using Cid as a frontline fighter, and I really like his survivability compared to tifa, and the more I played with him, the more I started to see him as a "quasi-tank" in my party, but due to the fact that he couldn't back row without massive damage penalty, and just took too much damage overall, I opted to use barret as a pure tank, and since how I've built my party, Yuffie had much better synergy with Barrett than Cid, so I dropped Cid :(

But then, I get to the north crater, and all of a sudden I get a long range weapon for Cid! A significant drop in damage (as it should be) but now I can comfortably use Cid as a tank along with Yuffie (my favourite party). The super high luck combined with really great damage and a long-range weapon makes him a completely different tank than barret and I've been enjoying it so much.

So, I feel this is a missed opportunity, it's a very viable, awesomely unique niche for Cid.... but it's only available from the last dungeon on. I'd really like to see it become available closer to the start of when you get him, so you can use that build throughout, a big drop off in weapon attack for long-range capability, just like the grow lance.
If I had of known that I would get that sort of option, I would have built Cid more Tank orientated (surprisingly he's awesome at it regardless).

And while this one may be pushing it a bit, when I started the game before I had used any ranks, Red XIIIs magic damage became a complete stand out due to his trait powering up in longer fights,  and when I came up against Lambadas, he was a game changer. But I wasn't sure on how I'd build him yet, so I held off using the ranks. When I got to nibelheim dungeon and discovered the Plus Barrette (0 attack 104%, drains MP) I decided then and there that would be his niche in my party, and that would essentially be his end game weapon.

I wanted to use him as +10 mag +10 dex, but that option was removed on my version of the game, and instead, there was +10 mag +10 vit, so I tried that and set him up with sadness/backrow/counter/cover. And the build has been sooo much fun, he's been an infinite MP, super high magic damage, tank, throughout the game.

Although this weapon in itself was enough, and it's good enough for the final build, I would have liked to see an "End Game Version" of this weapon. Something like linked slots instead of single slots, drain MP with something like +20 magic?. Like I said, thats pushing it, but this build has made him so unique, and so, so useful throughout the game. And I feel, it would work even better with +10 mag/dex build (which I plan to use next time, as it was reimplemented).

The next point about weapons isn't as big a deal, as those examples really made characters very unique through traits you can't achieve through stats, and the next point is purely about stats, so really not as big an effect. But anyways, throughout the game I would notice weapons that would compliment particular styles/builds, like cloud getting dex weapons and a crit weapon, and barret getting a few dex weapons. But for both characters, there is no later game equivalent for them. I've noticed this trend throughout the characters, and while I feel like it's not the biggest deal, at the same time, I feel like, well what if I really liked that +50 crit weapon for Cloud, and wanted to have that build for  his end game? And with barret if I built him as a frontline fighter, a melee weapon that better represented that builds intent (+dex) would be much better suited than the options that are currently available. It just feels a bit inconsistent to me. Again, that point is minor, but I do feel it could open up build variations a lot more and increase the enjoyability of the game.

The last point would mostly be reiterating, but since certain niches when combined with certain weapons really define a playstyle, I'd really like to see more of that.

For example Barret + front row stacks, built for damage, wearing a chainsaw (+20 dex) this really stands out and feels great while it's relevant

Red Xiii built for magic damage + back row/sadness drain MP weapon = really cool infinite MP decent tank/damage dealer, or super fast, infinite MP caster

Yuffie built for anything, with her super high dex and dex weapon and awesome trait make her feel so unique and fun, she just works so, so well.

I don't have ideas Per se, just wanted to share that these were some really, really fun things I found in NT, and would definitely like to see more of them, or see them viable at more than one point of the game.

Sorry for the essay.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-23 04:13:58 by jugend »

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7102 on: 2018-07-23 03:43:31 »
Hmm, so reflect is pretty hard to deal with in this game. As you got rely on item-healing with reflect up, maybe a mid/high-tier restorative item would be in order? Personally, I really like the idea of scaling items that heal percentages of max health - keeps items relevant throughout the whole game.

I do realize how powerful reflect can be, though. It is a very extreme effect. Main concern really is the powerof Big Guard for me. As it is, Big Guard is not as useful as it should be for most battles.

I tried on the Shinra Mansion piano for a good while to make sure I got it right. Do I maybe need to revisit it on disc 2 or 3?

kamek523

• View Profile
« Reply #7103 on: 2018-07-23 14:21:05 »
Hi, so I just started playing NT 1.5. I accidentally found the "Security Captain" mini-boss that drops the Chocobracer.

I assume this fight is missable. Is there a compiled list of all missable bosses/events and/or items? I really don't want to miss any of the cool custom content you've created. Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7104 on: 2018-07-24 01:22:01 »
I'm not sure if this is just the mod working appropriately or me missing something, but for the last couple of save points where I've checked a rank up, it has told me a character is ready to rank up to a level for which I've already given them sources. For example, I just finished the Ancient Forest in disc 2. I went to a save point to check rank ups, and it said Cloud was ready for a rank up, with current rank at 3/8. I'm 100% sure I've already given him sources for this upgrade and rank. Are there multiple upgrades per rank or something?

Edit: for what it's worth, the rank ups seem to be working properly for at least Cid and Vincent, who are at 6/8 and 7/8 respectively. Barrett, Cloud, Red XII, Aeris, and Tifa have all been stuck at 3/8 for a long time now.

This was an issue that came up recently. I added a debug script to the Highwind to sort this out. If you talk to the technician that's moving around near the Highwind's Chocobo Pen (he's moving up and down, doing squats, etc.) he'll go through a few scripts; cancel the ones you don't want to trigger and set your ranks to what you want (1/8, 4/8, or 8/8).

Another point of feedback I'd like to give is regarding weapon choice and character niches.

One of my favourite aspects of New Threat is the overall feel of characters compared to vanilla, the balancing of stats and ranking up with individual traits and the plethora of build options you have through weapon/acc/armor choices really distinguishes each character from the other, which is my favourite thing about NT.

However, regarding the weapons, I feel there is some, perhaps? missed opportunities. Some of the weapons truly created a unique niche for the character that really made them that much more enjoyable for me.

For example; I've been using Cid as a frontline fighter, and I really like his survivability compared to tifa, and the more I played with him, the more I started to see him as a "quasi-tank" in my party, but due to the fact that he couldn't back row without massive damage penalty, and just took too much damage overall, I opted to use barret as a pure tank, and since how I've built my party, Yuffie had much better synergy with Barrett than Cid, so I dropped Cid :(

But then, I get to the north crater, and all of a sudden I get a long range weapon for Cid! A significant drop in damage (as it should be) but now I can comfortably use Cid as a tank along with Yuffie (my favourite party). The super high luck combined with really great damage and a long-range weapon makes him a completely different tank than barret and I've been enjoying it so much.

So, I feel this is a missed opportunity, it's a very viable, awesomely unique niche for Cid.... but it's only available from the last dungeon on. I'd really like to see it become available closer to the start of when you get him, so you can use that build throughout, a big drop off in weapon attack for long-range capability, just like the grow lance.
If I had of known that I would get that sort of option, I would have built Cid more Tank orientated (surprisingly he's awesome at it regardless).

And while this one may be pushing it a bit, when I started the game before I had used any ranks, Red XIIIs magic damage became a complete stand out due to his trait powering up in longer fights,  and when I came up against Lambadas, he was a game changer. But I wasn't sure on how I'd build him yet, so I held off using the ranks. When I got to nibelheim dungeon and discovered the Plus Barrette (0 attack 104%, drains MP) I decided then and there that would be his niche in my party, and that would essentially be his end game weapon.

I wanted to use him as +10 mag +10 dex, but that option was removed on my version of the game, and instead, there was +10 mag +10 vit, so I tried that and set him up with sadness/backrow/counter/cover. And the build has been sooo much fun, he's been an infinite MP, super high magic damage, tank, throughout the game.

Although this weapon in itself was enough, and it's good enough for the final build, I would have liked to see an "End Game Version" of this weapon. Something like linked slots instead of single slots, drain MP with something like +20 magic?. Like I said, thats pushing it, but this build has made him so unique, and so, so useful throughout the game. And I feel, it would work even better with +10 mag/dex build (which I plan to use next time, as it was reimplemented).

The next point about weapons isn't as big a deal, as those examples really made characters very unique through traits you can't achieve through stats, and the next point is purely about stats, so really not as big an effect. But anyways, throughout the game I would notice weapons that would compliment particular styles/builds, like cloud getting dex weapons and a crit weapon, and barret getting a few dex weapons. But for both characters, there is no later game equivalent for them. I've noticed this trend throughout the characters, and while I feel like it's not the biggest deal, at the same time, I feel like, well what if I really liked that +50 crit weapon for Cloud, and wanted to have that build for  his end game? And with barret if I built him as a frontline fighter, a melee weapon that better represented that builds intent (+dex) would be much better suited than the options that are currently available. It just feels a bit inconsistent to me. Again, that point is minor, but I do feel it could open up build variations a lot more and increase the enjoyability of the game.

The last point would mostly be reiterating, but since certain niches when combined with certain weapons really define a playstyle, I'd really like to see more of that.

For example Barret + front row stacks, built for damage, wearing a chainsaw (+20 dex) this really stands out and feels great while it's relevant

Red Xiii built for magic damage + back row/sadness drain MP weapon = really cool infinite MP decent tank/damage dealer, or super fast, infinite MP caster

Yuffie built for anything, with her super high dex and dex weapon and awesome trait make her feel so unique and fun, she just works so, so well.

I don't have ideas Per se, just wanted to share that these were some really, really fun things I found in NT, and would definitely like to see more of them, or see them viable at more than one point of the game.

Sorry for the essay.

Well, we're going to have a free weapon to mess with when Triple AP weapons are converted and Ancient Weapons are going to drop their Kills formula so that's two opportunities there mid-game and end-game to fill in some effects to compliment builds.

I think originally, Javelin was Long-Range so that could be a way to get that Cid tank build going mid-game.

Hmm, so reflect is pretty hard to deal with in this game. As you got rely on item-healing with reflect up, maybe a mid/high-tier restorative item would be in order? Personally, I really like the idea of scaling items that heal percentages of max health - keeps items relevant throughout the whole game.

I do realize how powerful reflect can be, though. It is a very extreme effect. Main concern really is the powerof Big Guard for me. As it is, Big Guard is not as useful as it should be for most battles.

I tried on the Shinra Mansion piano for a good while to make sure I got it right. Do I maybe need to revisit it on disc 2 or 3?

%-based healing from items can be bad early on as you'll get little HP from it. As for Reflect, Big Guard was set up to be a bit more situational to get working effectively. You can turn the Reflect it gives to your advantage by casting a +All spell on your own party which reflects all 3 iterations of it for tripled magic.

I checked the piano; it does have a game moment check, which means you'll need to go to the bottom of north crater then come back (the last screen before the final descent/point of no return). I'll remove this check for next patch.

Hi, so I just started playing NT 1.5. I accidentally found the "Security Captain" mini-boss that drops the Chocobracer.

I assume this fight is missable. Is there a compiled list of all missable bosses/events and/or items? I really don't want to miss any of the cool custom content you've created. Thanks!

I think that's one of the very few missable things in the game, the other involves the piano that Vaylen posted about.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-24 01:36:15 by Sega Chief »

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7105 on: 2018-07-24 01:53:26 »
Recently did the Pagoda in Wutai... is it even possible to morph Shake and Chekhov?
The former seems basically unhittable with Morph, while the latter takes no dmg from physical attacks.

Additionally, isn't haste considered kind of overpowered? It seems to speed up the ATB gauge way too much and, even on arrange mode, feels like its trivializing some battles. If possible, I'd call for toning the speed increase down.

I encountered a bug with an enemy called Magpie(I think, it was somewhere in the Mideel area - a frog-looking thing).
I turned it into a frog(maybe mini, too) via added effect - and the game froze up.

Chronoseth

• View Profile
« Reply #7106 on: 2018-07-24 14:05:27 »
Recently did the Pagoda in Wutai... is it even possible to morph Shake and Chekhov?
The former seems basically unhittable with Morph, while the latter takes no dmg from physical attacks.

Chekhov can't be morphed. Shake can be morphed with patience and stacking a lot of accuracy (via dexterity and defense%).

Additionally, isn't haste considered kind of overpowered? It seems to speed up the ATB gauge way too much and, even on arrange mode, feels like its trivializing some battles. If possible, I'd call for toning the speed increase down.
Haste is strong, but it does have drawbacks. It makes buffs like Barrier and Shield expire faster, causes Dual and Poison to tick faster, and is much less effective at higher battle speeds or when a character is already very fast.

Battle speed is a particularly large factor in how useful haste and slow are. I thought they were overpowered when I typically played at low battle speed, but now I more often play with it maxed out and they're often not worth bothering with.

Also, between things like the Powersoul, Master Fist, Mime, Barrier, sadness, Cover + back row, Elemental, Conformer, White Wind, Magic Counter + Cure, Force Stealer + Counter Attack, 4x cut, and Bad Breath, Haste doesn't stand out as relatively overpowered to me.

malexj93

• View Profile
« Reply #7107 on: 2018-07-24 16:11:31 »
Sega Chief,

I'm nearing completion of this mod and plan to post some thoughts and minor bug reports. However, there's a somewhat "major" bug I'm experiencing. When trying to enter the crater with Cid or Tifa as my party leader, instead of entering the crater I'm instead taken to the Chocobo coop in the Highwind (actually in the black space on the other side of the entrance). This means that, in order for me to enter the crater, I need to have Cloud in my party. This seems to defeat the purpose of allowing the party leader to change in Disc 3. There are some other instances of Cid/Tifa entering rooms in weird places (for example, entering the cockpit area of the Highwind, Cid and Tifa will spawn where their NPC models are rather than the entrance to that room), but this is the only one that really affects the game. Apologies if this has been pointed out before or is intentional, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7108 on: 2018-07-24 16:56:06 »
Well, we're going to have a free weapon to mess with when Triple AP weapons are converted and Ancient Weapons are going to drop their Kills formula so that's two opportunities there mid-game and end-game to fill in some effects to compliment builds.

I assumed with the ancient weapons you were just going to keep the same sort of niche for it, high damage low slots? Or do you think reworking them entirely is a good idea?

I'm curious what sort of ideas you have for the triple AP weapons.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7109 on: 2018-07-24 18:47:10 »
Chekhov can't be morphed. Shake can be morphed with patience and stacking a lot of accuracy (via dexterity and defense%).
Haste is strong, but it does have drawbacks. It makes buffs like Barrier and Shield expire faster, causes Dual and Poison to tick faster, and is much less effective at higher battle speeds or when a character is already very fast.

Battle speed is a particularly large factor in how useful haste and slow are. I thought they were overpowered when I typically played at low battle speed, but now I more often play with it maxed out and they're often not worth bothering with.

Also, between things like the Powersoul, Master Fist, Mime, Barrier, sadness, Cover + back row, Elemental, Conformer, White Wind, Magic Counter + Cure, Force Stealer + Counter Attack, 4x cut, and Bad Breath, Haste doesn't stand out as relatively overpowered to me.
I don't deny that there is other borderline "OP" stuff in this mod. But... "relatively" makes no sense. It's either too strong or not, no matter how strong other things are.
Haste still feels like it trivializes some encounters too hard(Slow does, too, now that I think about it).
But... it is very well possible that gamespeed is the root cause there. I play on very low battle speed, hence my perception might be warped by that.
This is kind of a nuisance, isn't it? I guess I'll try around with higher battle speeds... but I think there is merit in working on haste/slow being balanced at lower battle speeds.

Furthermore, if high dex diminishes the effects of haste, dex is a worse as a stat - setting haste is pretty easy, after all~ and the main purpose of dex is speed - the same as haste. As Haste is easier to obtain than Dex, the optimal strategy would be to limit the dex growth due to the existence of Haste.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7110 on: 2018-07-24 23:27:26 »

I encountered a bug with an enemy called Magpie(I think, it was somewhere in the Mideel area - a frog-looking thing).
I turned it into a frog(maybe mini, too) via added effect - and the game froze up.

I think Shake can be, but it's very difficult; probably not worth going for it.

About the Magpie bug, are you using menu overhaul/beacause mods or anything like that?

Sega Chief,

I'm nearing completion of this mod and plan to post some thoughts and minor bug reports. However, there's a somewhat "major" bug I'm experiencing. When trying to enter the crater with Cid or Tifa as my party leader, instead of entering the crater I'm instead taken to the Chocobo coop in the Highwind (actually in the black space on the other side of the entrance). This means that, in order for me to enter the crater, I need to have Cloud in my party. This seems to defeat the purpose of allowing the party leader to change in Disc 3. There are some other instances of Cid/Tifa entering rooms in weird places (for example, entering the cockpit area of the Highwind, Cid and Tifa will spawn where their NPC models are rather than the entrance to that room), but this is the only one that really affects the game. Apologies if this has been pointed out before or is intentional, and thanks for taking the time to read this.

Ah yeah that, it should have been removed as of the latest patch. I think it was added to fix something but started acting up. If you're on latest version and it's still doing it, let me know.

I don't deny that there is other borderline "OP" stuff in this mod. But... "relatively" makes no sense. It's either too strong or not, no matter how strong other things are.
Haste still feels like it trivializes some encounters too hard(Slow does, too, now that I think about it).
But... it is very well possible that gamespeed is the root cause there. I play on very low battle speed, hence my perception might be warped by that.
This is kind of a nuisance, isn't it? I guess I'll try around with higher battle speeds... but I think there is merit in working on haste/slow being balanced at lower battle speeds.

Furthermore, if high dex diminishes the effects of haste, dex is a worse as a stat - setting haste is pretty easy, after all~ and the main purpose of dex is speed - the same as haste. As Haste is easier to obtain than Dex, the optimal strategy would be to limit the dex growth due to the existence of Haste.

I'm fine with using Haste/Slow, mostly because I used it a lot when playing through the Hardcore mod and Nightmare7 mod; it feels good gameplay-wise to manage your speed to get the most out of your turns and curbstomp a boss that would otherwise be a handful. I'm willing to sacrifice balance at the upper end of things so long as it's fun.

As far as the gauges go, there's a point where they will get too fast for high Dex + Haste to give as significant an advantage as it would at lower gauge speeds but I see adjusting your ATB setting and gauge speed as part of your set-up. If the gauge goes too fast for it to be giving an advantage, then I'd just set the speed down a bit so I can make use of it properly.

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7111 on: 2018-07-25 03:37:09 »
Yeah, I am using the menu overhaul. Is that the cause there?

As long as it's fun... that's a good stance to take. I'll probably adjust the battle speed a little to reduce the effects of those effects.
Still, I remain that it may be worth nerfing in some way. Not a necessity, as I see the reasoning for it now.

KittyJaws

• Person who isn't a person
    • View Profile
« Reply #7112 on: 2018-07-25 05:21:30 »
if i open my master save file of this mod (to reorder my characters) while not having the mod downloaded will anything be damaged?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7113 on: 2018-07-25 13:10:12 »
if i open my master save file of this mod (to reorder my characters) while not having the mod downloaded will anything be damaged?

I don't think so, but your exp gauges might look overflowed until you've levelled up.

adj998

• View Profile
« Reply #7114 on: 2018-07-25 14:54:51 »
Sorry I didn't know where else to post this. Where are the save files located? Somehow my saves are just gone and I really don't want to have to start over again. My install location is C:/Program Files (x86)/Square Enix. But a folder was also installed in my documents with the same folder name but only has cache and a bunch of P files.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7115 on: 2018-07-25 21:15:30 »
For steam: D:\UserName\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_######

For 7H converted/original 1998 PC: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\save

Steam has a checksum for save files that is initiated when the FF7 Launcher is started. If any of the save files have been tampered with or were not made/updated with your copy, then it automatically deletes them. Save editors can cause this, but sometimes the cloud saving feature can also cause it.

Jcdarden

• View Profile
« Reply #7116 on: 2018-07-26 01:40:19 »
This was an issue that came up recently. I added a debug script to the Highwind to sort this out. If you talk to the technician that's moving around near the Highwind's Chocobo Pen (he's moving up and down, doing squats, etc.) he'll go through a few scripts; cancel the ones you don't want to trigger and set your ranks to what you want (1/8, 4/8, or 8/8).

The only script opportunity this guy is giving me is the Aeris alive/dead debug option. Do I need to reach the bottom of the crater or something for the rank script you mentioned to appear?

adj998

• View Profile
« Reply #7117 on: 2018-07-26 02:27:39 »
so....I'm screwed then? I don't use cloudsync for save files. I literally turned my laptop on and off and thats it

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7118 on: 2018-07-26 02:46:52 »
The only script opportunity this guy is giving me is the Aeris alive/dead debug option. Do I need to reach the bottom of the crater or something for the rank script you mentioned to appear?

You need to be on the latest version of the files, should be 17th July.

so....I'm screwed then? I don't use cloudsync for save files. I literally turned my laptop on and off and thats it

It looks like it, I've never had my Steam saves delete on me so if cloud saves aren't being used then I don't know what the underlying cause would be or why it only affects some users and not others.

This is a copy of my own save files that I used for a test playthrough, with one at (most) points of the game:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/2dvuaivt0de5bbv/save_-_Copy.zip/file

What you could do is use the one that's closest to where you were (with adjustments using Black Chocobo save editor); to use them, open the FF7 Launcher and then place the save files in your user_##### folder for steam save files in D:\UserName\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam\user_######. When you load a file, save the game and this should lock that particular set of files in with the checksum and prevent them from being deleted when the launcher is next started.

The save file checksum is no longer a factor when converting the steam installation using the Game Converter as part of 7H's set-up. This recreates the game into the 1998 PC set-up and only requires that a drive or mounted blank ISO be called FF7DISC1 in order for the game to run (don't need to run 7H with it either, can just be run on its own). If FF7 Steam is going to wipe your save files, then this is likely the best route to go so you don't have to constantly make backups of your save files after you stop playing.

adj998

• View Profile
« Reply #7119 on: 2018-07-26 15:52:09 »
Thank you for the info. Couldn't I just move thee game directory somewhere else on my laptop? Like in documents, or some other place so it won't get overwritten? Or are the save files at risk of being over written no matter what? Also I never had the Steam/user ### directory before. It's always been just Square Enix folder and all the files needed to run the game. But every time I saved it always said it was stored locally so they had to have gone somewhere.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7120 on: 2018-07-26 23:45:43 »
Thank you for the info. Couldn't I just move thee game directory somewhere else on my laptop? Like in documents, or some other place so it won't get overwritten? Or are the save files at risk of being over written no matter what? Also I never had the Steam/user ### directory before. It's always been just Square Enix folder and all the files needed to run the game. But every time I saved it always said it was stored locally so they had to have gone somewhere.

Not sure, sounds like your setup is different. You'll need to locate your save files first of all, wherever they've ended up. Check through MyDocuments and also if there's a save folder in the FF7 folders anywhere.

littlemac

• View Profile
« Reply #7121 on: 2018-07-27 22:39:42 »
I don't know if this exists but is there a bestiary somewhere online? Something that just lists hp and whatnot of monsters in the mod? Really love it, btw.

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7122 on: 2018-07-28 01:24:50 »
Regarding the Cosmo memory getting Aeris's Fury brand from vanilla effect....

I like the idea of his LB granting party support, but honestly, I find current cosmo memory way too overpowered.

In vanilla, I viewed Aeris as the best character, because everyone could essentially become the same and have the exact same strengths, and what separates them is ultimately, Limit Breaks, and Aeris had the ability to give 2 LB's for 1 (and great gospel).

Now as it stands with Red XIII, I'm getting 9999 on all targets (damage on Carmine weapon) with Cosmo Memory, and 2 free Limit breaks, which are for me Omnislash and highwind/big brawl (cause I just got highwind).

This makes Red XIII's Level 4 Limit Break Objectively the strongest LB in NT, as it basically three for one, which makes his final LB god tier, no one else LB's can compete as it's worth is literally triple that of anyone else's.

I think the reason why Aeris limits were so crazily strong in normal is that they knew you couldn't take her to end game and to help immortalize her, they gave her incredible LB's.
So I really don't think their effects should have a place in NT. And I'd also like to add, Fury Brand was understandable on Aeris, even if it was overpowered. It did no damage, and she had no damage LB's so it made sense and fit in with her self-sacrifice character-arc. But it doesn't fit in with red XIII at all really.

I'd also like to point out that Aeris essentially Sacrificed her Limit for yours, making it two LB's for one. Red XIII's is not sacrificing his, he's just giving two extra on top of his, which makes it so much stronger than Fury Brand.

I like the idea of restoring some balance for Red XIII's limits, but this goes too far imo. As I've said before, I use all characters, and I find pretty equal worth in them all, and so far at least nothing massively elevates one character above them all without having some negatives, but this LB changes that. I'm now nerfing my party if I'm not using Red XIII due to Cosmo Memory alone.

Like I said I like the idea of his LB supporting, but I'd try it in another way. Maybe take on effect buffs for red xiii instead? Like maybe lucky pills effect, or maybe the vanillas effect of Big Guard? Lot of possibilities with buffs alone. If you do want to keep it with him filling other party members LB's, I'd at the least limit it to one party members instead of both. It's just too powerful as is imo.
« Last Edit: 2018-07-28 02:06:29 by jugend »

Vaylen

• View Profile
« Reply #7123 on: 2018-07-28 01:59:04 »
I don't know if this exists but is there a bestiary somewhere online? Something that just lists hp and whatnot of monsters in the mod? Really love it, btw.
I support the idea of a bestiary.
In addition to that, I'd also like a document that lists weapons and abilities in detail(Showing their strength, too, for example).
Giving the player information in a strategy game is a good thing. It allows for informed decision making.
A spreadsheet containing information about magic, abilities, limit breaks and weapons(Especially the ones with special formulas/effects) would be really nice.

Manifestations2

• View Profile
« Reply #7124 on: 2018-07-28 03:37:37 »
Hi I don't know if this is a bug, or I'm just missing something massive, but Powersoul Keeper is impossible for me. He does not enter berserk and casts trine constantly once his HP reaches around 16k. He cast Trine, then attacked a character, I chose an action (quake 2 I think) then he immediately cast trine again before my characters performed anything. That is just one example, I've tried him for hours. Looking at other playthoughs on Youtube he barely casts trine, and goes into berserk at low level. They were playing the 1.4 version though. Any information you could provide would be great. Thanks.