Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4825567 times)

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7525 on: 2019-02-15 23:27:53 »
Hey Chief is this some sort of bug, it seems like I am fighting Tifa's martial arts instructor inside the first reactor, and getting my ass handed to me. Is this correct or is it some sort of bug.   
« Last Edit: 2019-02-15 23:39:48 by Yuffie1983 »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7526 on: 2019-02-15 23:58:57 »
That's not a bug. You've mixed together multiple installations without cleaning your registry, so now your lookup tables for the scene.bin are broken.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: 2019-02-16 18:29:02 »
That's not a bug. You've mixed together multiple installations without cleaning your registry, so now your lookup tables for the scene.bin are broken.

No sorry I assure you, I did not. Yes I did reinstall FF VII and but before I did I did run the FF VII registry cleaner tool found on this forum, and then did a clean install of FF VII and the 7th Heaven mod.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7528 on: 2019-02-16 21:30:24 »
I haven't played through NT yet, so it could be a part of the mod.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: 2019-02-17 15:22:44 »
I haven't played through NT yet, so it could be a part of the mod.

Hey Chief is this some sort of bug, it seems like I am fighting Tifa's martial arts instructor inside the first reactor, and getting my ass handed to me. Is this correct or is it some sort of bug.   

The encounter isn't intended for that area, and has been loaded because the kernel isn't synched to the scene.bin. This typically happens either if 7H hasn't been installed correctly or there are mod conflicts. From the screencap, you're running the Jessie mod which is incompatible with most gameplay mods as it changes the field script + kernel.

There's been some logic put into 7H's catalog to try and stop incompatible mods from being activated together, but some of the newer ones (or NT's up-to-date stand-alone IRO) don't have these checks. As for which mods are compatible, any visual mods should be fine; field backgrounds, character models, etc. Menu Overhaul should also be OK so long as the ff7_bc.exe is used.

One final thing, make sure you're using NT's latest IRO which isn't in the catalog. It's on the front page of this thread and can be imported through the library tab. In addition to the IRO, the folder contains several .exe files that have been modified with NT-specific changes. Replace the .exe files you have in your FF7 folder directly (but keep them as backups so you can revert to the vanilla 7H .exes when needed). It's a clunky step but I found out recently that IROs can be packaged with hextedit scripts so it'll be gone in a future update.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7530 on: 2019-02-17 19:15:11 »
The encounter isn't intended for that area, and has been loaded because the kernel isn't synched to the scene.bin. This typically happens either if 7H hasn't been installed correctly or there are mod conflicts. From the screencap, you're running the Jessie mod which is incompatible with most gameplay mods as it changes the field script + kernel.

There's been some logic put into 7H's catalog to try and stop incompatible mods from being activated together, but some of the newer ones (or NT's up-to-date stand-alone IRO) don't have these checks. As for which mods are compatible, any visual mods should be fine; field backgrounds, character models, etc. Menu Overhaul should also be OK so long as the ff7_bc.exe is used.

One final thing, make sure you're using NT's latest IRO which isn't in the catalog. It's on the front page of this thread and can be imported through the library tab. In addition to the IRO, the folder contains several .exe files that have been modified with NT-specific changes. Replace the .exe files you have in your FF7 folder directly (but keep them as backups so you can revert to the vanilla 7H .exes when needed). It's a clunky step but I found out recently that IROs can be packaged with hextedit scripts so it'll be gone in a future update.

Right thank you very much for the swift and detailed answer, yes I have been using the newest version on the the front page of this thread. So it seems it likely be the Jessie mod causing the issue, any how thank you and looking forward to 2.0.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7531 on: 2019-02-18 06:15:38 »
Right thank you very much for the swift and detailed answer, yes I have been using the newest version on the the front page of this thread. So it seems it likely be the Jessie mod causing the issue, any how thank you and looking forward to 2.0.

I looked into the issue a bit more, the source of conflict with the jessie mod is that it contains a flevel chunk that enforces default encounter tables. Removing it allows NT and Jessie Mod to work together with minor issues (some text boxes get misaligned but I can prob sort that). I'll upload an adjusted version of the jessie mod iro that doesn't have the encounter chunk tomorrow.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7532 on: 2019-02-18 18:24:44 »
I looked into the issue a bit more, the source of conflict with the jessie mod is that it contains a flevel chunk that enforces default encounter tables. Removing it allows NT and Jessie Mod to work together with minor issues (some text boxes get misaligned but I can prob sort that). I'll upload an adjusted version of the jessie mod iro that doesn't have the encounter chunk tomorrow.

On man, Mr Chief you did not need to go through all that trouble, but still very much appreciated thank you. :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7533 on: 2019-02-18 23:16:31 »
Here's the IRO:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/825mu1w33g83ruh/Jessie_IRO_proto.iro/file

This is Grimmy's Jessie mod, with the encounter table chunk removed. Functionally it should be identical to the one available on the catalog except it can be used with NT and any other gameplay mod that alters their encounter table in field screens.

There are some issues with the Jessie mod that I noticed but these seem to be specific to the mod itself, rather than compatibility issues (as in, they appear even when playing with no other mods enabled); text boxes are misaligned in the elevator, and the portrait looks a bit off.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: 2019-02-19 14:01:01 »
I hope this is the right place to post this.

So I am currently giving New Threat a playthrough, and I've noticed that during some of the FMV's including ones with the field models in them, the audio will cut out. I know there is a skip feature, but I don't even know how to use it; so I don't. It is important to note that I have this running alongside the menu overhaul portion of the 7H version of Reunion and I'm also using Grimmy's FMV pack.  I've also noticed that the field music will play during battles despite choosing the regular option.

The last thing, and I'm most likely just not far enough in the game to grasp the mechanics,  but I noticed that when you equip material, especially ones like fire,  thunder, etc... It takes away from your Max mana. I'm not sure I grasp why you would take from the one resource needed to cast the very spell that is depleting it. My Caster ends up having the lowest MP in the party. Again to be fair,  I've only just acquired Tifa.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: 2019-02-19 19:57:53 »
Here's the IRO:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/825mu1w33g83ruh/Jessie_IRO_proto.iro/file

This is Grimmy's Jessie mod, with the encounter table chunk removed. Functionally it should be identical to the one available on the catalog except it can be used with NT and any other gameplay mod that alters their encounter table in field screens.

There are some issues with the Jessie mod that I noticed but these seem to be specific to the mod itself, rather than compatibility issues (as in, they appear even when playing with no other mods enabled); text boxes are misaligned in the elevator, and the portrait looks a bit off.

You are a good man, Mr Chief and thank you very much again. ;D

janlex1990

• View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: 2019-02-19 22:58:29 »
Hello everyone,

im a big fan of FF7 and looked for something to play until the HD Remake released :P
Ive just heard about the "New Threat Mod v1.5" and downloaded it for my Steam Version. First question, is there a overview about the differences of Normal and Average mode? :S
Guess ill start with Normal mode for now :)

Greetz janlex1990

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: 2019-02-19 23:27:01 »
I hope this is the right place to post this.

So I am currently giving New Threat a playthrough, and I've noticed that during some of the FMV's including ones with the field models in them, the audio will cut out. I know there is a skip feature, but I don't even know how to use it; so I don't. It is important to note that I have this running alongside the menu overhaul portion of the 7H version of Reunion and I'm also using Grimmy's FMV pack.  I've also noticed that the field music will play during battles despite choosing the regular option.

The last thing, and I'm most likely just not far enough in the game to grasp the mechanics,  but I noticed that when you equip material, especially ones like fire,  thunder, etc... It takes away from your Max mana. I'm not sure I grasp why you would take from the one resource needed to cast the very spell that is depleting it. My Caster ends up having the lowest MP in the party. Again to be fair,  I've only just acquired Tifa.

NT doesn't change the movies or how they behave, so it may be another mod like that FMV pack or menu overhaul (or the way the game is set-up; windows10 can cause audio problems) that is causing the audio to skip.

The toggle for battle music behaviour should be functional; if the save points in Reactor 5 can't fix it then I'll do some testing with those mods enabled. Maybe there's a variable clash?

NT adds 3% to MP for elemental attack materia so it sounds like something is up. Are you using the correct .exe? The NT IRO on this thread has some .exe files packaged with it to replace the ones created by 7H (in this case, I think you need ff7_bc.exe if using menu overhaul). I'll be adding direct .exe patching to NT's IRO soon within the next day or so which should sort this out without the need for juggling .exe files around.

Hello everyone,

im a big fan of FF7 and looked for something to play until the HD Remake released :P
Ive just heard about the "New Threat Mod v1.5" and downloaded it for my Steam Version. First question, is there a overview about the differences of Normal and Average mode? :S
Guess ill start with Normal mode for now :)

Greetz janlex1990

Normal mode is the NT mod as it's intended; arrange is to make the game a little more difficult by upping enemy level, adding extra conditions to some bosses or changing them for a new boss altogether. Normal mode is intended for first run.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: 2019-02-20 14:19:57 »
I've had a chance to run this on vanilla FF7 and I still have the audio issue.  The first time it happens is right after you beat the bombing mission. I am using the exe's from the mod. (I'm using the iro version of New Threat.) Although, I was using the FF7_mo.exe because I was just using reunion for the menu overhaul not the translation. (would like to use both if it could be compatible with this mod.) I also had New threat above Reunion in my load order. It didn't seem to work if loaded after.

Also, the MP problem was definitely because I was using the wrong exe.

Just so I'm not all criticism,  I do want to say I've very interested in using this mod.  I'm not usually one for difficulty mods, but this mod does so much I cant pass it up.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-20 14:47:52 by Meical »

Squall_Strife

• View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: 2019-02-20 17:41:55 »
I Know this has been asked before but I am still a tad confused. Is there way,  or is a Future update going to make Because  from Reunion  useable together ? I am running through the FF games and like the consistency of the Spell and item names such as Fira, Blizzard and Megaelixers. I really like what I have read in this mod and would love to try it but that is pretty important to me to to get the very best experience possible.

Also is there a FFVIII equivalent as this mod fixes the everyone is the same issue with with VII and brings classes back in a new form I like I was wondering if there is anything for FFVIII as well.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: 2019-02-21 21:35:25 »
I've had a chance to run this on vanilla FF7 and I still have the audio issue.  The first time it happens is right after you beat the bombing mission. I am using the exe's from the mod. (I'm using the iro version of New Threat.) Although, I was using the FF7_mo.exe because I was just using reunion for the menu overhaul not the translation. (would like to use both if it could be compatible with this mod.) I also had New threat above Reunion in my load order. It didn't seem to work if loaded after.

Also, the MP problem was definitely because I was using the wrong exe.

Just so I'm not all criticism,  I do want to say I've very interested in using this mod.  I'm not usually one for difficulty mods, but this mod does so much I cant pass it up.

I Know this has been asked before but I am still a tad confused. Is there way,  or is a Future update going to make Because  from Reunion  useable together ? I am running through the FF games and like the consistency of the Spell and item names such as Fira, Blizzard and Megaelixers. I really like what I have read in this mod and would love to try it but that is pretty important to me to to get the very best experience possible.

Also is there a FFVIII equivalent as this mod fixes the everyone is the same issue with with VII and brings classes back in a new form I like I was wondering if there is anything for FFVIII as well.

When I rebuild the mod, I'll be making a Reunion/Beacause version (assuming DLPB's mod has also been finished by that point) to bring compatibility in.

For FF8, you could try Callisto's Ragnarok mod in the FF8 section of gameplay releases. I've also made a Disc 1 beta prototype mod that was released yesterday but it's quite rough and in the early stages.

janlex1990

• View Profile
« Reply #7541 on: 2019-02-24 02:14:57 »
Hiya :)
Ive a lil problem with the "Level:"-display when gaining exp after a battle. For some reason its looking like this:

https://imgur.com/u2qLQpZ

Any advice?

Greetz Janlex

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: 2019-02-24 05:17:49 »
What version are you using? The regular installer or the 7thHeaven IRO?

janlex1990

• View Profile
« Reply #7543 on: 2019-02-24 10:24:24 »
The regular New Threat Mod (v1.5) for Steam.

Yuffie1983

• View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: 2019-02-24 21:56:36 »
The regular New Threat Mod (v1.5) for Steam.

Have you tried turning on the DPI settings on the FF VII EXE, right click the exe, go to the compatibility tab go to change DPI settings and tick both boxes.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #7545 on: 2019-02-27 19:06:28 »
How does one get Chocobuckle if the Mu gives you Quarry Fuse instead of LV. 4 Suicide. Asking for a friend.
« Last Edit: 2019-02-27 19:15:39 by Meical »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: 2019-02-27 21:56:38 »
How does one get Chocobuckle if the Mu gives you Quarry Fuse instead of LV. 4 Suicide. Asking for a friend.

On latest releases, feed the chocobo a mimett green like normal then use Quarry Fuse; it should hit and cause Chocobuckle to be used.

Meical

• View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: 2019-02-28 15:21:57 »
On latest releases, feed the chocobo a mimett green like normal then use Quarry Fuse; it should hit and cause Chocobuckle to be used.

Awesome, thanks for the info. My friend will greatly appreciate it.  So through some very light hacking I've noticed quite a few moves have changed in the E. Skill Material. Unfortunately, the readme isn't exactly up to date on a few of them.  Is it possible to get a newer guide that reflects the newer moves like Quarry Fuse and Chronocure?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: 2019-02-28 22:12:14 »
Awesome, thanks for the info. My friend will greatly appreciate it.  So through some very light hacking I've noticed quite a few moves have changed in the E. Skill Material. Unfortunately, the readme isn't exactly up to date on a few of them.  Is it possible to get a newer guide that reflects the newer moves like Quarry Fuse and Chronocure?

I'll go over the thread + documentation sometime this week.

Aqueous

• View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: 2019-03-01 17:51:07 »
Hi!

So I apologise if this has already been raised or I'm missing some detail of an update but having read the readme I was under the impression Steal was now 100% chance albeit with a smaller chance of a rarer item?

I am regularly getting Steal failures even against bog-standard regular enemies when using the mod. And I can confirm the mod is most certainly activated!

Edit: I've just read further into the readme with the Steal chances - it's a little confusing as the 25% chance for each of the 2 common items etc. seems to contradict the earlier paragraph?
« Last Edit: 2019-03-01 22:45:03 by Aqueous »