Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4837430 times)

levantine

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.2)
« Reply #500 on: 2014-11-20 09:14:21 »
This is the same question of mine ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: 2014-11-20 15:28:20 »
You mean with the optional NT .exe? I'm not sure, I've never used Bootleg. To answer both questions, the mod itself can run with any custom models, so long as the extra models used by the NT Mod for new enemies are left intact (if these are deleted due to a graphic mod's installer then the mod will soft-lock when it tries to load an enemy model that's no longer there). So it depends on the graphical mod installer; my own installer is easy to use, but basic in that it overwrites the entire .lgp files rather than just adding/changing the files that are new. Anything that changes default-story bosses, field screens (but not field script/dialogue), the battle backgrounds, and/or the characters should be fine.

So the first step would probably be installing the NT Mod, and then applying graphical mods on top of it. If the installers for those graphical mods are more precise than mine, they should only alter specific files while leaving everything else alone. I've seen people playing the NT Mod with graphical mods on top so it's definitely possible. The models can also be added manually by decompiling the char.lgp or battle.lgp and then moving the HD models in that way, overwriting the old ones before recompiling it (ULGP seems to be the tool for that).

As far as the prototype .exe goes, it should run fine with whatever mods are installed but if you installed something like the Menu Overhaul or anything else that alters the ff7.exe then I'm not sure how that'll go. I think the best thing as far as that goes is to try it out. If it doesn't work, swap over to a normal ff7.exe and patch that with Menu Overhaul, etc. instead. The NT Mod was actually specced with a default .exe in mind; the new one is just an optional add-on and I'm not even sure if it's balanced (the materia bonuses/penalties are quite heavy and I predict it'll make the game a lot harder).

Edit: @Kalderasha, I just got the HextLaunch thing working. I'm compiling a .txt file with all the hacks I've found on the threads which can be enabled/disabled by adding or removing a '#'.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-20 16:15:17 by Sega Chief »

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: 2014-11-20 16:15:36 »
oh this looks complicate x)
best way is to try so but i don t want to restart all moded i instaled it took me so long time to worth it ^^

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: 2014-11-20 17:18:19 »
The NT Mod will (hopefully) be added to Bootleg and 7H in the future, which will make it much more simple.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: 2014-11-20 17:27:35 »
Hop this will come in lo longer timer :)
And i hope too bootleg finaly add some cid hd char because there is not hd char for him yet

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: 2014-11-20 17:33:45 »
It'll most definitely be in Bootleg. The frame for it is already there (as is for most of the mods), only need to add the install parser for it.

@levantine - I don't create mods; Bootleg only installs existing mods from other people. If someone makes it it'll be in, but I won't make it.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: 2014-11-20 17:50:24 »
Thx for answer, and what about the mod that make the fps to 60 in your bootleg? :)
There is already hd char for cid but this is in advent children mod and i suppose that u wont put thoose graphics in your bootleg no?
So maybe i should ask for making hd char for cid on the forum

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: 2014-11-20 18:34:02 »
The 60FPS mod will be in. As for the Advent Children models, I cannot, since they're ripped (it's illegal).

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: 2014-11-20 20:11:14 »
Yeah i knew but it cost nothing to ask ^^
Thx

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #509 on: 2014-11-20 21:22:41 »
There are two Cid mods that I know of which are legal, Kaldarasha and cmh175.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #510 on: 2014-11-20 21:42:47 »
ah, in my bootleg there is no proposition, maybe i have an older version ^^
anyway i will wait for the update would contain threat mod and 60 fps :)

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: 2014-11-20 23:49:15 »
ah, in my bootleg there is no proposition, maybe i have an older version ^^
anyway i will wait for the update would contain threat mod and 60 fps :)

The current release is old. The next version will not be out before a long while.

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: 2014-11-21 07:34:17 »
Ah so in your future upadate you will put a lot of new in :)

levantine

• View Profile
« Reply #513 on: 2014-11-21 08:14:42 »
And i hop there would be models for cid in your upadate :)

Hope too update will coming soon, can t w8 ^^

Thx again for answer, you all do a nice work !

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #514 on: 2014-11-22 15:43:49 »
how do i know your patcher worked?

cloud didnt start at level 1

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: 2014-11-22 17:45:06 »
The starting level was changed back to it's original (Lv.6) for the mod a while ago. The quickest way to tell is to open the magic menu after starting a new game; if Cloud has Fire as well as Ice and Bolt then the patcher has worked. Another way to tell is in the next screen, after naming Barret, he asks you which music option you want instead of telling you how to run.

Finally, opening the equip menu and looking at your Bronze Bangle can confirm if the patcher has worked; it should three Materia slots now instead of none: two linked and one single.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: 2014-11-23 06:54:48 »
barret is supposed to be low magic, right?

why does he have the highest magic out of the starter 3 lol he even gained 2 mag when he leveled up

nevermind, i used a trainer to set everybody's exp to 99999 and he ends up with less magic than cloud or tifa on average.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-23 07:09:27 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: 2014-11-23 16:53:22 »
The curves used have a little variation going through but on the whole they end up where they were intended. I checked Barret's Magic curve against Cloud and Tifa; he actually keeps pace with Cloud all the way until Lv.20+ (even though his maximum possible Magic is only 45 compared to Cloud's 85). What I might do is swap Tifa and Barret's Mag curve; gives her that option to use Magic a little better early in the game when her limits and attacks aren't standing out as much (whereas Barret has long range weapons).

ProtoX

« Reply #518 on: 2014-11-23 19:45:09 »
i've always had tifa as the ex-skill user , cloud magic swordsman, aerith healer( swaped with vincnet or cid depending on how i fell)

Ljubic

• View Profile
« Reply #519 on: 2014-11-23 19:52:17 »
Thanks for pulling out the patcher for the old exp rate so fast but im not able to patch the game with it. It always says that there are no files to patch even if I installed the mods even a second time.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #520 on: 2014-11-23 22:48:31 »
The curves used have a little variation going through but on the whole they end up where they were intended. I checked Barret's Magic curve against Cloud and Tifa; he actually keeps pace with Cloud all the way until Lv.20+ (even though his maximum possible Magic is only 45 compared to Cloud's 85). What I might do is swap Tifa and Barret's Mag curve; gives her that option to use Magic a little better early in the game when her limits and attacks aren't standing out as much (whereas Barret has long range weapons).

i'd rather see a boost to physical damage early than have yet another magic user. magic is just so overpowered early game that physical attacks outside of limits are almost pointless.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: 2014-11-24 01:43:35 »
i've always had tifa as the ex-skill user , cloud magic swordsman, aerith healer( swaped with vincnet or cid depending on how i fell)

I always looked at Tifa as a special damage-dealer because of Powersoul and Master Fist myself; great in challenge runs, speedruns, or difficulty mods.

Thanks for pulling out the patcher for the old exp rate so fast but im not able to patch the game with it. It always says that there are no files to patch even if I installed the mods even a second time.

I'll fix that up, it might be that I've made a mistake when putting the patcher together or that the files being patched are too similar to 0EXP ones (that's happened before; the patching tool is a bit basic). I'll make a new patcher tonight and test it out a few extra times to make sure.

i'd rather see a boost to physical damage early than have yet another magic user. magic is just so overpowered early game that physical attacks outside of limits are almost pointless.

I could have a shot at finding a better STR curve that gives a little more early on for Tifa. It's tough to get physical hits dealing more damage that early in the game though because of the way Level factors into the damage formula for physical hits. I'll see what's there.

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #522 on: 2014-11-24 13:23:28 »
during the nibelheim flashback in kalm... sephiroth doesn't do anything lol

dragon owned my face in, too

i wanted to see what happens if you lose and it didnt take long with no healing spells and those silly hp totals

talking to the npc in the house 2 houses below cloud's house also bugged the game out.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-24 13:33:18 by selius »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: 2014-11-24 13:37:22 »
You should have control of Sephiroth in the flashback. Was there something up with their HP as well? It should be at least a few thousand; Seph's default was set to 7000 to account for the Materia he had.

I'll check that NPC too, it's probably a crossed variable somewhere.

Edit: I'm not sure what's happened with your game. While Seph's HP was lower than I intended, both characters were invincible through their AI which means something's not right with your kernel if that dragon was able to actually kill your flashback party (either it's a really old NT kernel or it got bugged somehow). The NPC two houses down from Cloud's house (the woman in green with the two kids?) didn't cause any problems either that I could find. I gotta know if you have other mods installed or if you downloaded the NT Mod a while ago (or if you got it from an older version of 7H or something; the NT Mod in that one was ancient).

I'd recommend giving the scene hotfix patch a whirl (700kb) just to be on the safe side, and maybe the flevel hotfix patch as well (110MB). When that NPC bugged out, what happened exactly? Did the game just soft-lock when you talked to her or did something else happen?
« Last Edit: 2014-11-24 14:29:46 by Sega Chief »

selius

• View Profile
« Reply #524 on: 2014-11-24 14:49:40 »
yeah... nevermind. it was because of ochu. i restarted with ochu turned off and sephy is controllable.

and the scene didnt crash either.
« Last Edit: 2014-11-24 14:58:25 by selius »