Author Topic: NASA finally admits not going to the moon  (Read 5543 times)

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
NASA finally admits not going to the moon
« on: 2015-06-27 13:05:07 »

Any opinions on this theory? Please serious discussion only... I know there are believers.

obesebear

• View Profile
Re: NASA finally admits not going to the moon
« Reply #1 on: 2015-06-27 13:41:46 »
http://www.braeunig.us/apollo/VABraddose.htm

Despite what anyone believes, I don't think whether or not it happened has any real bearing on events occurring today.  It's just something fun for certain people who aren't astrophysicists to try to figure out.

I haven't seen enough proof to make me think it didn't happen, but if tomorrow someone shows up with definitive proof it didn't happen, my life won't be affected or changed in the least.

Shard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2015-06-27 15:49:51 »
I wouldn't take anything seriously from the docudramas that plague modern media.

There's a pretty easy test you can do to figure out whether we went to the moon or not.

The astronauts who (supposedly) landed on the moon installed several mirrors on the moon's surface for reflecting laser beams. If you know the locations of these mirrors (the information is publicly available, probably on NASA's web site), you can fire a laser pulse at one of them and calculate the return time. If it returns at all, it means those mirrors are actually there.

Yes, there were rovers there, but that was the early 70s. The rovers didn't have very sophisticated AI. A person would have needed to place the mirrors correctly.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2015-06-27 20:56:18 »
When someone claims to "debunk" something by taking various 5 seconds excerpts and placing them out context, it should start tripping all sorts of alarms regarding credibility. Using such methods, you could literally "prove" anything. I once was puzzled when I pulled a story out of my butt to explain how a hurricane hitting the USA had an effect of the retail price of sauerkraut in Europe (intended as a joke), and someone believed it.
It reminds me of another "docudrama" where someone complained about how polluted the water was, stating that he took a water sample from a murky pond to a lab, where they found high content in Aluminum. I just let you guess what would happen if you get some clay particle in the sample.
I have very little to say to people who are in denial of science, except maybe "you believe what you want to believe".

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2015-06-28 00:00:58 »
It happened.  It's a fact it happened.  There is insurmountable evidence it happened. 

luksy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2015-06-28 00:59:37 »
http://www.popsci.com/blog-network/vintage-space/apollo-rocketed-through-van-allen-belts

There are also about 500 operational satellites in low earth orbit, presumably a number of them (if not most of them) pass through the belts every day. This guy is just hamming it up for the show, it's not that the belts don't pose a threat, but we seem to be able to handle the complications.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-28 01:03:42 by luksy »

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2015-06-28 02:43:47 »
That YouTube channel is loaded with poorly edited, conspiracy jerk off material. Does this uploader have any idea how many engineers and contractors were involved in the moon landing mission? Far too many to keep a secret that the moon landing was a hoax. The rocket was televised going into space, where would it have gone to if not toward the moon?

This YouTube channel reminds me of the history channel mixed with the Alex Jones radio show

quequotion

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2015-06-28 05:44:41 »
It would not surprise me at all if NASA exposed the moon landing crews to huge amounts of radiation they didn't expect to find or weren't prepared to handle; then saw it as an opportunity to collect data on human exposure to outer-space radiation.

It would be interesting to see detailed medical reports of the crews' health in the years after the landings. In any case, I would bet a dollar they were indeed irradiated in some way and have suffered complications since.

LeonhartGR

• ~Whatever...~ Enjoy life!
    • View Profile
    • LeonhartGR Productions
« Reply #8 on: 2015-06-28 17:26:12 »
That last reply covered my concerns... Thank you quequotion. That's what I believe too.