Author Topic: A small bit of help.  (Read 2587 times)

Nakithepaper

• View Profile
A small bit of help.
« on: 2017-03-27 05:59:05 »
Hey guys, I used to be on this forum a looong time ago, but forgot and lost the password and account attached. That is another story.

I plan on doing a stream of FF7 soon, and I want to spice it up a bit.  Is there a recommended hardmode mod? Also what graphical mods should I use to make the game stand out a bit more? Back when I was first here Avalanche mods were the best way to go. I am using the steam version of  FF7.  I just want to make the game feel newer than it is, considering I have beaten this game a heck of a lot of times.  Something challenging but not too difficult, also a bit pretty.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Re: A small bit of help.
« Reply #1 on: 2017-03-27 14:52:29 »
The best mod for difficulty at the moment is New Threat.

RascalQueen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-03-27 15:15:45 »
Definitely New Threat.  As difficulty mods go, it's the first that's really felt like an update to the game rather than just a tweak to numbers.  Solid, consistent mechanics all around.

One thing to be aware of - if you install it through 7th Heaven, don't use Menu Overhaul alongside.  Because MO uses a custom .exe, it creates some bugs with New Threat (exe changes from an older version of the mod snuck into the MO exe).  That's due to be fixed real soon, but for the moment, New Threat and Menu Overhaul basically aren't compatible.

Nakithepaper

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-03-27 15:49:19 »
Thanks for the info. Im currently stuck trying to get 7th heaven to work. So far no attempts have come through.

Girl next door

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-03-27 22:05:00 »
I'd say it depends on what you're looking for. New Threat, goerulv's and mexico's hard mods are really different.