Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v3.0 - Field Upscale  (Read 206554 times)

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Re: [FF8PC-Steam] Project AngelWing v1.0 - Field Upscale
« Reply #25 on: 2017-10-15 04:36:20 »
Should people also be using your files with project eden? does it fix many of the same issues?

I'd say so. It should fix a lot of issues with Eden as well as make more textures work/upscale. Of course, when my next update comes along I'll also disable any hashes that causes problems that can't be fixed by me. Those will have to be dealt with if/when a new hashing method comes along for Tonberry.

Fraggoso

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2017-10-16 10:10:21 »
Will you update your upres algorithm like we discussed? :)

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #27 on: 2017-10-20 03:48:24 »
Will you update your upres algorithm like we discussed? :)

I'd like to try. Have to relearn it again, though. Had to reinstall Windows since my last time trying it. Want to experiment with both Project Eden as a template and yours.

morfox

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2017-10-28 16:03:17 »
hello the link has been dead for some time. Is it possible to do something? I have been with you for a while and your work for ff8 is great. thanks you !

Morfox[FR]

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #29 on: 2017-10-30 16:46:36 »
hello the link has been dead for some time. Is it possible to do something? I have been with you for a while and your work for ff8 is great. thanks you !

Morfox[FR]

I've tested the links and it all checks out. Not sure why it isn't working for you... It's a big file and might say "whoops", but you should still be able to download it. And thank you. :)

averlus

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2018-02-01 04:15:31 »
Does anyone know how to put these together? I like to keep an album of the static backgrounds and these look great but they're not in a format that I can save to a photo album. I've got the ones ripped from FFDream but they're LQ, look like garbage and I've noticed from my most recent playthrough that they're even missing some of the backgrounds from the game

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #31 on: 2018-02-05 11:01:37 »
Does anyone know how to put these together? I like to keep an album of the static backgrounds and these look great but they're not in a format that I can save to a photo album. I've got the ones ripped from FFDream but they're LQ, look like garbage and I've noticed from my most recent playthrough that they're even missing some of the backgrounds from the game

The contents in this mod can't be pieced back together for viewing outside the game. At least, I don't think so. Could be wrong. You can extract the field files from your game and use PuPu to get the backgrounds in layers. Those can be put back together and upscaled the same way I did mine. Not to mention you can also get fields that aren't used in the game this way. Which is always neat to see.
« Last Edit: 2018-02-05 11:03:39 by FatedCourage »

WhiteHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2018-02-15 05:03:20 »
Quick question about the mod. First of all, great job on it, everything looks great and I can't wait to start my playthrough with it! I'm just having a little issue when it comes to the collisions file for it, am I supposed to just place this in the hashmap folder because when I do the SquareSoft text gets all glitched out and cut off when I open the game, as well as some text not even being there, such as the buttons screen when you first start up the game and when you goto quit the game, there's just no options. It's just a black empty box with two more empty boxes inside. I'm sure I'm screwing up with where I'm placing the collisions since I tested everything out and that's what causes the text to disappear in these situations.

Mcindus

• Artist, Modder, Musician.
    • View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #33 on: 2018-02-15 17:33:15 »
Quick question about the mod. First of all, great job on it, everything looks great and I can't wait to start my playthrough with it! I'm just having a little issue when it comes to the collisions file for it, am I supposed to just place this in the hashmap folder because when I do the SquareSoft text gets all glitched out and cut off when I open the game, as well as some text not even being there, such as the buttons screen when you first start up the game and when you goto quit the game, there's just no options. It's just a black empty box with two more empty boxes inside. I'm sure I'm screwing up with where I'm placing the collisions since I tested everything out and that's what causes the text to disappear in these situations.

This is actually how the game behaves if you don't disable the steam overlay.  Looks like you need to disable that, and then make sure hash2map and collisions are in FINAL FANTASY VIII/tonberry/  and NOT in tonberry/hashmap/

WhiteHawk

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2018-02-15 18:12:01 »
Worked like a charm, thanks a bunch!

CYRU5

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2018-04-23 03:03:04 »
Great mod, thanks a lot man!!

gerpujadas

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2018-06-17 20:05:34 »
Hi, i want to report a critical bug in this mod. When i play the game aprox 5-6' and i cross some screens bettween zones and the displays turns black (or enter in a fight) the game it crashes (stop). The system shows me this message. I try to run this mod without the rest of other mods and continues happen. Help me please

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 2018-06-18 11:12:27 »
Hi, i want to report a critical bug in this mod. When i play the game aprox 5-6' and i cross some screens bettween zones and the displays turns black (or enter in a fight) the game it crashes (stop). The system shows me this message. I try to run this mod without the rest of other mods and continues happen. Help me please

Chances are that isn't caused by the mod itself. I would test the game without any mods first just to make sure it isn't the game. Because things like that can happen when something in the game files gets corrupted or missing and needs validation from Steam.

qotsaninsoadkorn

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2018-07-01 07:06:42 »
love your mod, but i decided to increase color saturation... since you gave us .png files... it's easy enough...

before:
https://nofile.io/f/eJM8CaUfknt/2018-06-07+18_52_13-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

after:
https://nofile.io/f/B33Hsd6sRN3/2018-06-11+14_04_06-.jpg

Laguna area actually looks Green like plants should be :P
https://nofile.io/f/u681KPhfXfX/2018-06-28+01_04_59-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

Ultimecia Battle Stage + with my Recut + Color Boosted Textures...
https://nofile.io/f/6hjYswVuuhg/2018-06-28+01_22_29-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg 

Balamb
https://nofile.io/f/7uYJ42WuUFz/2018-06-16+21_51_12-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

Balamb Hotel + Ocean looking Sexy IMO
https://nofile.io/f/pMShu0S7doR/2018-06-16+21_45_56-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

Ultimecia - Field Background with color boost...
https://nofile.io/f/sjcoEhnu6nX/2018-06-15+07_21_01-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

Winhill Before ...
https://nofile.io/f/sjcoEhnu6nX/2018-06-15+07_21_01-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

Winhill After
https://nofile.io/f/vOFrp0YKxep/2018-06-11+12_22_36-FINAL+FANTASY+VIII.jpg

using:
https://nofile.io/f/VjskqEA3P7u/2018-06-11+13_22_52-ImBatch+5.9.1+%5BFree+for+non-commercial+use%5D.jpg

as you can see only took me about 20-25 minutes to add color to 2688 .PNG files :)
i used HUE -3, SATURATION 22, AND GAVE IT THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF NOISE REDUCTION...

BUT TRY AROUND 15% COLOR SATURATION ... ENJOY :)

SINCE YOU ARE MODDING FILES YOU ALREADY HAVE NO NEED TO RE-DOWNLOAD 1.53 GB SO I HAVEN'T BOTHERED TO UPLOAD MY RESULT AS A MOD... it's all the OP's work + small tweak that goes a long way :)
PS: RECOMMEND BACKING UP YOUR TEXTURES FOLDER...
« Last Edit: 2018-07-01 07:10:28 by qotsaninsoadkorn »

Arson

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2018-10-06 13:57:26 »
I have a little problems with this mod, SquareSoft logo is cut and Exit font is disappear (Italian version)
PS: I installed the following mod for now: TonberryEnhanced2.04 + SeeDReborn v3.5 (and SeeDReborn v3.5_Italian), HorizonPack v3.0.

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #40 on: 2018-10-07 01:46:47 »
I have a little problems with this mod, SquareSoft logo is cut and Exit font is disappear (Italian version)
PS: I installed the following mod for now: TonberryEnhanced2.04 + SeeDReborn v3.5 (and SeeDReborn v3.5_Italian), HorizonPack v3.0.

This sounds like an error with your hashmaps.  make sure you only have one seed reborn hashmap.  not both.  also, make sure you have hash2map.csv and collisions.csv in your main /tonberry folder, and not your /hashmaps folder

Arson

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2018-10-08 11:18:10 »

I installed the English SeedRebon 3.5 and then I deleted the hasmap file and installed the Italian hasmap with its textures. Until then, no problem, I installed the horizonpack and everything was still fine and then I installed the angelwing.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2018-10-08 22:55:53 »
I have the same problem but with the french version. but even in English it makes me the same thing.

but what I do not understand is that before I had an intel core 2 duo 4gb ram windows 7 pro with Intel Q45 / Q43 Express Chipset and all work well. now I have an intel core 2 quad 8gb ram windows 7 pro nvidia fx 1700 quadro and since then I have this probleme
« Last Edit: 2018-10-08 23:58:34 by ff7maniac »

Arson

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2018-10-10 21:41:25 »

I installed the English SeedRebon 3.5 and then I deleted the hasmap file and installed the Italian hasmap with its textures. Until then, no problem, I installed the horizonpack and everything was still fine and then I installed the angelwing.

In any case, apart from these errors and some pixelated areas the game works perfectly.

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2018-10-11 21:50:21 »
I would tell you to take pictures of the pixelized areas and send it to the creator so he can correct the problem for other languages etc.   I also have a some places where the mod does not display properly and I planned to do the same thing to help
« Last Edit: 2018-10-11 21:52:56 by ff7maniac »

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #45 on: 2018-10-14 05:41:35 »

You have collisions.csv and hash2map.csv in the wrong location. they should NOT be in /tonberry/hashmap, and ONLY be in /tonberry/ -- this should fix your issues!

ff7maniac

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2018-10-14 05:59:01 »
me my files are placed in the right place and the problem is present

Mcindus

• View Profile
    • Lunatic Pandora
« Reply #47 on: 2018-10-14 18:25:02 »
me my files are placed in the right place and the problem is present
Can I see a screenshot of your /tonberry folder and your /tonberry/hashmaps folder, ff7maniac?