Author Topic: attempting to use a sc-55 via Um-One on Windows 10 x64 for FFVII (via toms 1.5)  (Read 1545 times)

playfulsteve

• View Profile
So I got into a Final Fantasy kick the last week or two......
Played through VI (via wii emulation on Wii U)
Played through XIII on Steam.
Started up the Steam Version of VII and the sounds were pretty bad compared to my memory of the original CD version on PC (using AWE-32).....
In the last couple of years I picked up a SC-55 and an UM-One (USB adapter for Midi equipment) to use for dosbox gaming......
Then I remembered, I still have the CD-ROM version of FFVII
I found the tom 1.5 installer to get it installed properly on Win10x64.
I figured why not hook up my SC-55 and see if I can get it working.
In the "FFVII Configuration" I can choose UM-ONE as the Midi Driver, and the test works (I can see the eq bouncing around on the sc-55 display, and the UM-ONE has a light that displays data transmission as the sounds play).

However when I actually start the game, it doesn't use the Um-One/SC-55.  (at least the intro/first battle I see no activity on the sc-55 or the UM-ONE.

Is there anyone else out there still trying to use the actual Midi equipment instead of the sound mods, that has it working in similar fashion?

I found a VistaMidiFix app that allows you to change the default midi mapper. I'm not sure if its working or not, as the ff configuration app tests fine on the um-one either way.......

playfulsteve

• View Profile
Found a fix :)
Used a different Midi mapping program.
CoolSoft Midi mapper did the trick :):):)http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/forum/thread/427