Author Topic: Mod Request : Difficulty Balancing and Mideel patch  (Read 15299 times)

Abashi76

• View Profile
Do modders for this game still exist?

Mod Request : Difficulty Balancing

Mideel Patch : There has never been one before so i am requesting it
-No destruction of Mideel : keep the city as is in the beginning
-End the movie cut scene when Tifa takes Cloud out of the house to give a black screen just before the city is destroyed
-After the black screen, go to the Highwind scene when Cloud admits to ........
-Take out the Lifestream cutscene
-In Midgar Wall Market : Change the name "Korean BBQ Plate" to "Wutai BBQ Plate"

Item Patch : Some changes to items and materia
-Add Cover materia to the Kalm store
-Add six connected slots to Wizard Staff
-Sell Assault Gun in Kalm instead of Cannon Ball and sell that in Junon only
-For the Contain materia : switch the Freeze and Tornado abilities with Tornado being 1st and Freeze being 3rd
-Elixers instead of Megaelixers at Chocobo Race prizes
-Potions heal 200 HP and Hi-Potions heal 800 HP
-Increase MP cost of Fire-Bolt-Ice #1 from 4 MP to 5 MP
-Increase MP cost for Poisona from 3 MP to 4 MP
-Require 1 level up to use Summon skills just like with Ultima
-Decrease requirements to get Final Attack Materia to only beating battle mode on Disc 3 without Ultima Weapon
-Double Steal chances
-Switch the Contain materia with the 4th enemy skill to make Contain materia easier to find and the enemy skill harder
-Add an accessory that can block Confuse other than Ribbons

Difficulty Balancing : many enemies are under-powered, especially in Midgar on Disc 1
-Starting Shinra soldiers : increase their HP to 80 and 5x Machine Gun Power with half coming form 2.5x attack, increase Ice 150%
-Increase Guard Hound HP to 90 and 4x attack : add it as an additional enemy possibility in Sector 5 Reactor, Fire 150%
-Increase Grunt's HP to 100, 4x attack, increase Ice 150%
-Increase 1st Ray's HP to 30, 2x attack
-Make Laser Cannon more common in the stairway room (never seen one before)
-2x attack for Proto Machinegun
-2x damage for Guard Scorpion's Rifle attack
-Increase Blood Taste's HP to 120, 4x attack, Lightning 150%
-Increase Chuse Tank's HP to 60, 3x attack, add to Midgar beach area enemy encounter
-Increase Grashtrike's HP to 70, 4x attack, add to Midgar beach area enemy encounter
-Increase Special Combatant's HP to 130, 4x attack, Increase Lightning 150%
-Smogger: Increase Lightning 150%
-Increase Rocket Launcher's attack 2x
-Increase Hedgehog Pie's HP to 75, 2x attack
-Make Hell House a rare enemy encounter
-Increase Whole Eater's HP to 130, 150% Fire
-Increase Ceasar's attack by 3x, add three as a new encounter, add to Midgar beach area enemy encounter
-Increase Aero Combatant's attack by 2x
-Increase Mighty Grunt's armored form HP to 200 and decrease HP for skeleton form to 30 HP, 2x attack for armored form
-Make Hammer Blaster a rarer encounter
-Increase Ghost's evasion for physical attacks to 90% (Defense%)
-Increase Grenade Combatant's Machine gun to do at least 2x damage as MP's and increase Grenade damage to do 100s
-Increase Deenglow's attack by 2x, increase HP to 150
-Increase Castanets's attack by 2x
-Increase Crawler's attack by 3x, increase ice damage by 3x
-Make Elfadunk more common, 2x attack
-Mandragora Fire 200%, increase attack power by 20%
-Levrikon : Ice 200% & Lightning 200% & Earth 200% & Poison 200%
-Make Grangalan a rare encounter, add more Mu
-Increase Needle Kiss' attack to 36
-Increase Bagnadrana's HP to 500, 2x attack, increase defense to 60
-Increase Search Crown's Ice to 120%, increase attack to 25
-Increase Spencer's attack by 2x
-Double damage CMD.Grand Horn does
-Increase Scrutin Eye's magic attack to 10
-Double damage Jenova Birth does
-Double damage that Beachplug does with Ice, 3x attack
-Make Harpy a very rare encounter
-Put the Sand Worm encounter if you drive the Buggy through the desert, double Sand Worm's damage
-Add Ho-chu to Ancient Forest
-Increase Velcher Task's attack to 75
-Double Grand Horn's attack power
-Increase Nibel Wolf's attack to 70
-Increase Kyuvilduns's attack to 58
-Increase Ancient Dragon's attack to 75
-Increase Under Lizard's attack to 80, add as encounter in forest around Temple
-Add Kelzmelzer to the forest around the Temple
-Increase Boundfat's attack to 65
-Increase Bandersnatch attack to 88
-Increase Malldancer's attack to 91
-Increase Heg's attack to 66, Increase magic defense to 70
-Increase Stinger's regular attack by 50% except for Sting Bomb
-Double Golem's defense
-Increase Dual Horn's attack to 98
-Bomb : Ice & Water 200%
-Make Heavy Tank a very rare enemy, add Bullmotors and Death Claws, also add Death Machine and Scrutin Eye
-Add Battery Cap to more forests around Rocket Town
-Add Diver Nest to beach areas on islands that require the highwind to get to, increase attack to 100
-Increase attack power by Gun Carrier by 2x
-Make Ghost Ship a very rare encounter
-Increase attack power of all Shinra soldiers after Midgar from 50%-200%, actually 2.5x machine gun % 2.5 atk. should do that
-Increase Shred's defense to 86
-Increase Jumping's Fire to 200%
-Increase damage of enemies by Mideel by 50%
-Increase damage done by enemies in Great Glacier and Glacier Caves by 50% except for the Giant Spiders
-Increase damage done by enemies in Midgar during Disc 2 by 50% except for Flare
-Double attack power for enemies in Ancient Forest
-Add Blue Dragon to all the Glacier caves, but less common in other areas besides the healing spring
-Give Jenova Death the Death attack which is rarely used, make Tropic Wind do 100-200 MP damage to all allies
-Increase Lifeform-Hojo N attack to 200
-Increase Midgar Zolom's EXP to about as much as Jenova Birth's
-Add Serpent to the hallways of the underwater airship because its easier, double its damage
-Increase Senior Grunt's attack to 150
-Double/Triple Proud Cloud's damage
-4x attack power for Scissors and 2x damage for all Crater enemy's except for Tonberry and Black Dragon's Ultima
-In the final Crater: Increase both enemy physical and magical defense by 75% except for Tonberry
-Make the tiny egg encounter very rare in the Crater swamp, don't increase their stats
-Increase Allemagne's attack to 210
-Don't add an Ice Lady random encounter (like Snow Queen) with another enemy, add her alone and make her encounter very rare
-Give Pollensalta Fire 3 and Ice 3, no Cold Breath, 2x magic attack, use Angel Whisper w/out minip., rarely appear in swamp area
-Jenova∙SYNTHESIS : give 300 attack, 100 defense, 180 magic defense
-Triple damage done by Bizarro∙Sephiroth, double HP for body parts except for Main Body
-Safer Sephiroth: increase Wind to 200%

--------Other Mod Requests--------

New Idea : Aeris' Death
-Add Terra from FF6 as the third secret character after Aeris dies, require both secret characters to find
-Find her in the other house at Corel Valley just after beating Jenova Life, only one chance
-She uses Aeris weapons and Limit Breaks
-She cannot go to Midgar at Disc 2, she doesn't appear in the highwind
-She replaces Aeris sprite from the Aeris patch
-Re-add Aeris weapons to stores if you recruit her
-Character replacement for Scarlet mod
-Same stats as Aeris
-9 Characters against Bizzaro Sephiroth

Other requests : Chocobo minigame
-Replace Gold Chocobo with White Chocobo
-Add Red Chocobo which is breed between two Wonderful Yellow Chocobo with the same nut needed for Gold
-Red Chocobo is better at racing because it races like a Black Chocobo > it travels the same as Yellow
-Purple Chocobo that can cross deep water, needed to breed with a Black for White using same nut needed for gold
-Purple Chocobo is bread by mating Blue with Red using the same nut needed for gold
-Change player's Blue Chocobo to the one at the race track which is darker and less green
-Green Chocobo and Pink Chocobo switch places so Pink is taken out if you are racing

Graphics Mod : the need improvement
-Give lego shaped hands to human sprites
-Give Pollensalta the "Slap" skill like Unknown 3, Caress instead of fascination (confuse), like Unknown 3's "Creepy Touch"

Bugs:
-Yuffie's theme stops playing after the battle with Yuffie
-Poor Chocobo instead of Wonderful Chocobo at the northern continent
-Missing texture on the door at Junon, the one in the town below the city with the cannon
-The CPR minigame is bugged and i rarely succeed after i did it perfectly so many times

That would make it a lot better.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-02 22:49:24 by Abashi76 »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: Mod Request : Difficulty Balancing and Mideel patch
« Reply #1 on: 2017-11-01 15:24:37 »
That's a pretty extensive request. Maybe you should consider starting on it before asking for that much help.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-01 15:25:13 »
Looks like you have a good idea of what mod you want to attempt to create. Now its time to go seek out the tools and get to work .

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-01 16:32:34 »
Looks like you have a good idea of what mod you want to attempt to create. Now its time to go seek out the tools and get to work .

Sorry, i don't know how to mod this game because i don't know how to program. I can only know how to mod old games originally for Dos. Are there still programmers here?

I think i need most of these changes to make the game playable again, the balance is just terrible. There is a mod that changes difficulty but its in all the areas i don't want it and it adds stupid custom enemies.

Is there a program that makes it easier to mod certain parts of the game without programming such as enemy stats? I would think it would be pretty easy to make a patch like this, at least for changes to items and enemy stats.

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_VII_enemies
« Last Edit: 2017-11-03 22:04:16 by Abashi76 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2017-11-01 22:28:59 »
Greetings and welcome to the forum, Abashi76!

I'll try to help as best as I can to get you started. First off, stuff like adding a new playable party member or changing the game's story (not destroying Mideel) are major overhauls that cannot be done by any editors currently released. Even for people with expert programming skills these things would propably be a huge load of work, and I doubt something like this is even possible at all...

But the good news is, pretty much all of the stuff involving magic, items, equipment, materia and enemies can be edited pretty easily with various tools which can be found here at this site in the 'Tools' section. No programming skills are required for any of these except maybe ProudClod's enemy AI editing section. Here's a short overview of the most useful editors and which files they work with:

Wall Market: Open the game's kernel.bin file. It can edit the names and properties of every item, magic, materia, equipment, as well as the starting stats and stat growth curves (HP, MP, EXP, strength etc.) of every character. Tifa's and Vincent's Limit Break attacks are also included here, but the remaining ones aren't in the kernel but in the exe file, you'll need a different editor for that (see below).

Hojo: Open the game's scene.bin file. It can edit the names and basic properties of all enemies, including HP, MP, strength, magic, elemental resistances/weaknesses, status immunities, rewards (EXP, AP, gil, items to steal and drop).

Proud Clod: Open the game's scene.bin file. Also an enemy editor like Hojo, however this focuses more on enemy attacks and formations. It can edit enemy formations (which or how many enemies are faced in certain battles), enemy attack properties, and enemy AI (this one requires a bit of learning, can be difficult at first).

Makou Reactor: Open the game's flevel file. It can edit... a whole lot! Well, actually it allows you to edit everything relating to the game's fields, e.g. where certain items are found (including rewards for chocobo races, Fort Condor victories, other Gold Saucer games, Bone village digging treasures etc.), enemy encounter frequency (and also which enemy formations can be encountered in each field), and also events (e.g. you could theoretically add new NPCs, items, fixed battles, or dialogue to certain fields. However, this one also requires quite a bit of learning). Furthermore, it allows you to edit ALL dialogues throughout the game.

Libre: Open the game's exe file. It allows you to edit Limit Breaks (although the editor seems to be a bit buggy?)

White Chocobo: open the game's exe file. It allows you to edit the shop prices of all items and materia, as well as which shops sell what items/materia.

Black Chocobo: a savegame editor.

Kimera: a model editor, but I have little experience with this so far. I guess graphics stuff isn't my thing.

There are also some other editors which do stuff similar to some of the above, e.g. Loveless and Touph Script are dialogue editors, and Meteor is a field editor, but both of these aspects are already covered by Makou Reactor.

And remember: always keep a backup copy or two of your original files before you start to edit, just in case. (God knows I've screwed up a lot at first when I started to learn writing enemy AIs or add new things to fields with Makou Reactor.)

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2017-11-02 01:32:15 »
Greetings and welcome to the forum, Abashi76!

I'll try to help as best as I can to get you started. First off, stuff like adding a new playable party member or changing the game's story (not destroying Mideel) are major overhauls that cannot be done by any editors currently released. Even for people with expert programming skills these things would propably be a huge load of work, and I doubt something like this is even possible at all...

But the good news is, pretty much all of the stuff involving magic, items, equipment, materia and enemies can be edited pretty easily with various tools which can be found here at this site in the 'Tools' section. No programming skills are required for any of these except maybe ProudClod's enemy AI editing section. Here's a short overview of the most useful editors and which files they work with:

Wall Market: Open the game's kernel.bin file. It can edit the names and properties of every item, magic, materia, equipment, as well as the starting stats and stat growth curves (HP, MP, EXP, strength etc.) of every character. Tifa's and Vincent's Limit Break attacks are also included here, but the remaining ones aren't in the kernel but in the exe file, you'll need a different editor for that (see below).

Hojo: Open the game's scene.bin file. It can edit the names and basic properties of all enemies, including HP, MP, strength, magic, elemental resistances/weaknesses, status immunities, rewards (EXP, AP, gil, items to steal and drop).

Proud Clod: Open the game's scene.bin file. Also an enemy editor like Hojo, however this focuses more on enemy attacks and formations. It can edit enemy formations (which or how many enemies are faced in certain battles), enemy attack properties, and enemy AI (this one requires a bit of learning, can be difficult at first).

Makou Reactor: Open the game's flevel file. It can edit... a whole lot! Well, actually it allows you to edit everything relating to the game's fields, e.g. where certain items are found (including rewards for chocobo races, Fort Condor victories, other Gold Saucer games, Bone village digging treasures etc.), enemy encounter frequency (and also which enemy formations can be encountered in each field), and also events (e.g. you could theoretically add new NPCs, items, fixed battles, or dialogue to certain fields. However, this one also requires quite a bit of learning). Furthermore, it allows you to edit ALL dialogues throughout the game.

Libre: Open the game's exe file. It allows you to edit Limit Breaks (although the editor seems to be a bit buggy?)

White Chocobo: open the game's exe file. It allows you to edit the shop prices of all items and materia, as well as which shops sell what items/materia.

Black Chocobo: a savegame editor.

Kimera: a model editor, but I have little experience with this so far. I guess graphics stuff isn't my thing.

There are also some other editors which do stuff similar to some of the above, e.g. Loveless and Touph Script are dialogue editors, and Meteor is a field editor, but both of these aspects are already covered by Makou Reactor.

And remember: always keep a backup copy or two of your original files before you start to edit, just in case. (God knows I've screwed up a lot at first when I started to learn writing enemy AIs or add new things to fields with Makou Reactor.)

Thx

I can't find most of the editors besides Proud Clod.

I downloaded it and clicked the .exe but i don't know what file to select i can't find anything.

Where is "White Chocobo"?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-04 14:43:06 by Abashi76 »

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
« Reply #6 on: 2017-11-02 04:04:19 »
Some of that's going to require some hex editing too. Kefka detailed good editors to get you started, but they all have learning curves. ESPECIALLY Makou Reactor. Lots of features in there that are trial and error.

For Proud Clod, you want to find the scene.bin file in your FFVII install directory. That's going to depend on which release you own. The Steam version will have a different path from the original 98 and 2012 releases. Whatever the base directory, you can find the scene.bin file in <baseFFVII>/data/battle directory.

Proud Clod should be able to edit enemy stats too, but it has been reported to be unpredictably buggy when doing so. Hojo is an older program that has a few things mislabeled.

AFAIK, there is no editor for anything related to any of the world maps. Most of the encounter info is known, but some hex editing will be involved.

Very few people know how the Chocobo mini game works. DLPB might be able to help with what you're wanting, though.

Adding a new character will require lots of scene changes, new character models, new limits, etc.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2017-11-02 15:52:40 »
Some of that's going to require some hex editing too. Kefka detailed good editors to get you started, but they all have learning curves. ESPECIALLY Makou Reactor. Lots of features in there that are trial and error.

For Proud Clod, you want to find the scene.bin file in your FFVII install directory. That's going to depend on which release you own. The Steam version will have a different path from the original 98 and 2012 releases. Whatever the base directory, you can find the scene.bin file in <baseFFVII>/data/battle directory.

Proud Clod should be able to edit enemy stats too, but it has been reported to be unpredictably buggy when doing so. Hojo is an older program that has a few things mislabeled.

AFAIK, there is no editor for anything related to any of the world maps. Most of the encounter info is known, but some hex editing will be involved.

Very few people know how the Chocobo mini game works. DLPB might be able to help with what you're wanting, though.

Adding a new character will require lots of scene changes, new character models, new limits, etc.

Where is the game installed? For some reason my computer's search engine doesn't work.

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2017-11-02 19:49:13 »

Yep, I've encountered that a few times, the allowed statuses seem to get reset every now and then when you just move between the three enemies in the Enemy Stats panel in Proud Clod, that's why I've suggested Hojo instead. Seems a bit saver to me.

Where is the game installed? For some reason my computer's search engine doesn't work.

Sorry, but there's no way for us to know where you installed the game on your computer. Like NFITC1 said, the Steam version and the PC version use different paths by default, for example my PC version always installs itself to:
c:/Windows/Program Files/Squaresoft/Eidos

I don't remember where my Steam Version was because I've saved it in a directory of my choice after spending some time looking for it the first time. Seems strange that your search function doesn't work, did you make sure you had it search all of your hard drives?

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2017-11-02 20:31:17 »
Yep, I've encountered that a few times, the allowed statuses seem to get reset every now and then when you just move between the three enemies in the Enemy Stats panel in Proud Clod, that's why I've suggested Hojo instead. Seems a bit saver to me.

Sorry, but there's no way for us to know where you installed the game on your computer. Like NFITC1 said, the Steam version and the PC version use different paths by default, for example my PC version always installs itself to:
c:/Windows/Program Files/Squaresoft/Eidos

I don't remember where my Steam Version was because I've saved it in a directory of my choice after spending some time looking for it the first time. Seems strange that your search function doesn't work, did you make sure you had it search all of your hard drives?

I found this:
C:\Users\John\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam
but the game isn't there

what file would i load with the editor anyway?

also, where are all the other ones? can you link me?

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2017-11-03 06:11:20 »
I found this:
C:\Users\John\Documents\Square Enix\FINAL FANTASY VII Steam
but the game isn't there

what file would i load with the editor anyway?

also, where are all the other ones? can you link me?

OK, inside the Steam folder the path should be like this (at least with me it's like this):

Steamapps/common/Final Fantasy VII/data

The files you need are in the various subfolders of the data folder:

The gflevel.lgp is inside the field folder (needed for Makou Reactor)

The kernel.bin (needed for WallMarket) and the scene.bin (needed for Proud Clod and Hojo) are both inside the language folder (it's lang-de in my case, as I'm playing the German version, but it may be different for you) inside the kernel and battle subfolders, respectively.

With Proud Clod, you should open the scene.bin file.

The other editors are all found in their respective threads here in the tools section of the forum, the download link is always in the first post of each thread (make sure you use the most recent version of each).

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2017-11-03 22:11:16 »
OK, inside the Steam folder the path should be like this (at least with me it's like this):

Steamapps/common/Final Fantasy VII/data

The files you need are in the various subfolders of the data folder:

The gflevel.lgp is inside the field folder (needed for Makou Reactor)

The kernel.bin (needed for WallMarket) and the scene.bin (needed for Proud Clod and Hojo) are both inside the language folder (it's lang-de in my case, as I'm playing the German version, but it may be different for you) inside the kernel and battle subfolders, respectively.

With Proud Clod, you should open the scene.bin file.

The other editors are all found in their respective threads here in the tools section of the forum, the download link is always in the first post of each thread (make sure you use the most recent version of each).

I found it. The program doesn't seem to be working for me. It doesn't load anything besides these bazarre symbols and "Cure 3" and "Bolt 3". What are the system requirements?

Where are the other programs?, since i need most of them.

I figure out how to make it work, but i get errors. Why do i have to change enemy stats for every formation? Same goes for enemy attacks. I should be able to do it by only changing it once.

Also, when does it save? Am i damaging my game by doing this? I don't know how to save. Does it actually change my game the moment i click on something? EDIT : Oh, its "apply changes patch" right?

Also, it doesn't work when i click on the first boss. It also gives the wrong information on attack formations. It also crashes and gives a error message if i load the same enemy formation twice.

Can't somebody do it for me, at least the enemy stats? I know it would be hard to change anything else but i think somebody else could do it. Is there an easier way just to change enemy stats and ability stats?

What other programs are there to edit enemy states and ability stats?

I'll try Hojo. I can't get Wall Market from this site because my computer refuses to download from the URL and the Microsoft programs don't respond on my computer. Is there another version of Wall Market? I need it. Edit : I tried Wall Market and it doesn't work on my computer, Windows say "program stopped working". Makou Reactor work, but i don't know how to use it. How do you change what items you get from the Chocobo races (Megalixer > Elixer)?

Wall Market freezes when i load it. And i still can't get Proud Clod to work.

EDIT : I made an attempt at changing the game stats with Hojo, but i want to change ability and item stats also. I'm going to try it in game.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-04 14:49:18 by Abashi76 »

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2017-11-04 15:26:38 »
Why do i get an error with Prould Clod? I am trying to install a required program, for some reason my computer won't download Direct X.

How do i change item rewards for Chocobo races using Makou Reactor?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-04 15:33:20 by Abashi76 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2017-11-04 15:42:04 »
I found it. The program doesn't seem to be working for me. It doesn't load anything besides these bazarre symbols and "Cure 3" and "Bolt 3". What are the system requirements?

That's actually normal, the first couple scenes contain only dummy enemies which aren't used in the final game, just ignore them.

I figure out how to make it work, but i get errors. Why do i have to change enemy stats for every formation? Same goes for enemy attacks. I should be able to do it by only changing it once.

That's because most enemies exist multiple times in the game's data, and they are used in different battles respectively. You really need to apply any change you make to all copies of the respective enemy, unless you want the stats of a certain enemy to differ between different battle formations.

Also, when does it save? Am i damaging my game by doing this? I don't know how to save. Does it actually change my game the moment i click on something? EDIT : Oh, its "apply changes patch" right?

To save changes, you need to go to File -> Create SCENE.BIN to overwrite your current scene.bin file, or you could select 'create changes patch' to create a patch file containing the changes you made. This patch file can then be applied onto a different scene.bin file to automatically apply all those changes. I'd always keep a backup copy of my original scene.bin just in case.

What other programs are there to edit enemy states and ability stats?

Hojo can also edit enemy stats, but enemy attacks can only be edited with Proud Clod.

I'll try Hojo. I can't get Wall Market from this site because my computer refuses to download from the URL and the Microsoft programs don't respond on my computer. Is there another version of Wall Market? I need it. Edit : I tried Wall Market and it doesn't work on my computer, Windows say "program stopped working".

Hmm, that's too bad that Wall Market doesn't seem to work, as that's exactly the one that can edit all items, magic spells, materia, weapons, armor etc. What error message do you get? Does it tell you that you're missing a specific .dll?

Makou Reactor work, but i don't know how to use it. How do you change what items you get from the Chocobo races (Megalixer > Elixer)?

Understanding Makou reactor can be quite complicated at first. First off, you need to locate the correct field, which is 'crcin_1' in this case (field ID 511).
In the middle column you see a list of all elements that are active in the current field, including field models, lightning animaions and such. The list usually starts with a Main Directory, followed by models for Cloud, Tifa, Cid, and others. By clicking on one of these entries, you can see all field scripts that are executed from this entry under certain conditions.
Next you need to find the script that hands out the rewards after winning a chocobo race. In this case, it is script 4 in Cloud's entry. By clicking on 'Expand the tree' you can see all sections of this rather long script.
It contains a variety of 'If' conditions to determine the item and GP amount of your prize. Now chose an entry with an item that you want to change, and double-click on the line that says 'Add 1 item(s) No. to the inventory'. Then you can change the item and the quantity that you get by selecting a new item ID. It's easier if you have a list of item IDs available so that you know which ID corresponds to your item of choice.
Also, you'll need to change the dialogue text of the received item by going to Tools -> Texts, and find the text box that belongs to your changes item, and change the text accordingly.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2017-11-04 16:05:47 »
Did you get my most recent post? Proud Clod isn't working on my computer, even after i installed a needed program. It crashes after i change the stats of enemy attacks, just when i go back to a changed slot. It won't let me copy the error message.

I'll try Makou Reactor again. I do need to change enemy attacks because there is a limit to how high enemies' stats can be.

Also, where is "White Chocobo"? I found the thread but the site no longer exists for some stupid reason. Where can i get it now?

After i added Direct X i still get the error message.

ERROR MESSAGE:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentNullException: Buffer cannot be null.
Parameter name: buffer
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer, Boolean writable)
   at System.IO.MemoryStream..ctor(Byte[] buffer)
   at ProudClod.Form1.GUnZip(Byte[]& byteCompressed)
   at ProudClod.Form1.SceneName_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8794 (WinRelRS2.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
ProudClod
    Assembly Version: 1.5.0.2
    Win32 Version: 1.5.0.2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/John/Downloads/New%20folder%20(2)/New%20folder%20(2)/ProudClod.exe
Microsoft.VisualBasic
    Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 8.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll
System
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8800 (WinRelRS2.050727-8800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8784 (WinRel.050727-8700)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Runtime.Remoting
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8801 (WinRelRS2.050727-8800)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll
Accessibility
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

« Last Edit: 2017-11-04 16:38:52 by Abashi76 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2017-11-04 16:40:59 »
I see, too bad that neither Proud Clod nor Wall Market seem to be working for you, as these 2 are really among the best editors for FF7. I guess you could ask NFITC1 for help. Since he is the creator of both Proud Clod and Wall Market, maybe he can help you find out what the problem is.

For enemy stats, you can use Hojo instead, and learning how to use Makou Reactor is very time-consuming at first.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2017-11-04 16:46:52 »
I see, too bad that neither Proud Clod nor Wall Market seem to be working for you, as these 2 are really among the best editors for FF7. I guess you could ask NFITC1 for help. Since he is the creator of both Proud Clod and Wall Market, maybe he can help you find out what the problem is.

For enemy stats, you can use Hojo instead, and learning how to use Makou Reactor is very time-consuming at first.

I got Wall Market to work, just not Proud Clod. I also got Makou Reactor to work.

Problem is, the White Chocobo program's site has been removed and nobody added a re-upload for it. Can you email it to me?

EDIT : I'm going to try the game again. The last time i tried the game was like perfect up until the first boss. Then i made the 2nd boss too hard while all the enemies after it too easy again because i didn't power them up enough.
« Last Edit: 2017-11-05 01:17:57 by Abashi76 »

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2017-11-06 09:37:48 »
Take a look here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838174965

There is a working link for White Chocobo.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2017-11-08 00:18:19 »
Take a look here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=838174965

There is a working link for White Chocobo.

I got it.

Why did it quit when i clicked on load ff7.exe?

Where is the Wall Market Materia shop? I couldn't find it in game.

EDIT : I did it.

What about changing where certain battles are encountered, and how rare certain enemy encounters are? Also, what about my request for Mideel?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-08 00:27:44 by Abashi76 »

Kefka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2017-11-08 14:35:37 »
Where is the Wall Market Materia shop? I couldn't find it in game.

It's the guy that requests you to get him a drink from the vending machine from the Inn in exchange for a tiara. If you talk to him again later he should offer to sell some Materia (nothing special though).

What about changing where certain battles are encountered, and how rare certain enemy encounters are? Also, what about my request for Mideel?

The encounters can be modified with Makou Reactor. Open the flevel file and choose a field where you want to change encounters or encounter rates. Then go to Tools -> Encounters. You'll see a list of Battles that are possible for this field, each time a random encounter occurs, one of the battles in this list is chosen at random. You can change both the encounters themselves and the propability for each encounter (note that the sum of all propabilities cannot exceed 64 for each block of 5 battles).

The encounter IDs are the same that you can view in Proud Clod, so if you want to know which enemies are in a certain formation, look at the corresponding enemy formation in Proud Clod. The only catch is that Makou Reactor displays the Battle IDs in decimal, while Proud Clod displays them in Hex, so you should keep that in mind. Most Hex editors should allow you to display decimal numbers as hex numbers and vice verca. Anyway, once you found the enemy formation that you want in Proud Clod, enter that formation's Battle ID in the field you want via Makou Reactor.

About your request for skipping the destruction of Mideel... well, this would require some MAJOR changes not just to field scripts but also to the world map script (preventing the change from regular Mideel to destroyed Mideel on the overworld). Also, as NFITC1 already stated, hardly anything is known about the workings of the world map as of now. Unless someone is already working on something similar, I'm afraid a change like this is not gonna happen anytime soon.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2017-11-08 14:54:02 »
It's the guy that requests you to get him a drink from the vending machine from the Inn in exchange for a tiara. If you talk to him again later he should offer to sell some Materia (nothing special though).

The encounters can be modified with Makou Reactor. Open the flevel file and choose a field where you want to change encounters or encounter rates. Then go to Tools -> Encounters. You'll see a list of Battles that are possible for this field, each time a random encounter occurs, one of the battles in this list is chosen at random. You can change both the encounters themselves and the propability for each encounter (note that the sum of all propabilities cannot exceed 64 for each block of 5 battles).

The encounter IDs are the same that you can view in Proud Clod, so if you want to know which enemies are in a certain formation, look at the corresponding enemy formation in Proud Clod. The only catch is that Makou Reactor displays the Battle IDs in decimal, while Proud Clod displays them in Hex, so you should keep that in mind. Most Hex editors should allow you to display decimal numbers as hex numbers and vice verca. Anyway, once you found the enemy formation that you want in Proud Clod, enter that formation's Battle ID in the field you want via Makou Reactor.

About your request for skipping the destruction of Mideel... well, this would require some MAJOR changes not just to field scripts but also to the world map script (preventing the change from regular Mideel to destroyed Mideel on the overworld). Also, as NFITC1 already stated, hardly anything is known about the workings of the world map as of now. Unless someone is already working on something similar, I'm afraid a change like this is not gonna happen anytime soon.

But the program says the ID are really high numbers such as 380 and 381. Proud Clod says its only 95.

Also, on both Hojo and Proud Clod they don't give me the exact battle formations that are in the game.

Also, there was one enemy i wanted to add to the Ancient Forest in which the developers forgot to do.

I would also like to take out unnecessary sectors crossing empty snow 3 or more times because i hate that.

So its not possible to remove events from the game such as the destruction of Mideel or the Lifestream cut scene? What about adding more Chocobos and things like that? Or new characters? Or new animations? New Islands? New Materia? New Magic? New Attacks? New Enemy Formations?

Would it be possible to add more Chocobos for the Chocobo breeding minigame including passable terrains? Would it be at least possible to switch Chocobo numbers on the races to switch Green and Pink?

Is it possible to have more than 9 characters with 1 replacing Aeris after she dies?

I don't get why it would be so hard to change the World Map script, as long as it doesn't require adding new maps. Also what about music scripts?

PS : Did anybody respond to my problems with bugs in the game in the Troubleshooting forum?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-08 15:12:22 by Abashi76 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2017-11-08 16:57:35 »
The world map can't be edited at the moment. If we had a tool to edit the WM files we could create dungeons and other locations. I personally would make the world map bigger and make it like a real planet. But that won't happen without the proper tools and understanding what every bit in these files are doing.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2017-11-08 17:19:20 »
The world map can't be edited at the moment. If we had a tool to edit the WM files we could create dungeons and other locations. I personally would make the world map bigger and make it like a real planet. But that won't happen without the proper tools and understanding what every bit in these files are doing.

Good idea, but they should work on that.

Where can i find enemy encounter number ids? There are only about ~250 in Proud Cloud and Hojo, and i see #300s.

Also, shouldn't it be easy to take out certain parts of the game such as Mideel being destroyed and the Lifestream cut scene? Shouldn't it also be easy to change the music?

What about changing the order of skills that are learned with materia, such as Contain > Tornado?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-08 18:15:35 by Abashi76 »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2017-11-08 18:07:56 »
The music can be changed with Makoureactor it is called by the script. You can skip the destruction but you need to rewrite a lot of the script to by pass it. Also, the WM model of Mideel will be destroyed no matter what you do and it will always load the destructed Mideel when you enter it. So you have to jump from it immediately to the undestroyed map.

If I had the necessary coding skills, I would probably replace the WM engine with a custom-made one which mimics the behavior of the original. This solves many problems at ones. No stressful reverse engineering (though it good to have as much information as possible about the original engine), you are not bound at the limits of the current engine and you can make much easier a pretty robust editor for it. And at last the WM is probably one of the easier modules to recreate.

Still, it needs people who are ready to do that and have the necessary skills and know how and that's something which lacks here so much. People are more interested in moding modern games and SE had in the past a very unpleasant position to moding their games. And we should not forget that there is still a remake which actually should replace the original (at last that's why you make a remake). This makes moding the game further for some people pointless.

Abashi76

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2017-11-08 18:18:48 »
The music can be changed with Makoureactor it is called by the script. You can skip the destruction but you need to rewrite a lot of the script to by pass it. Also, the WM model of Mideel will be destroyed no matter what you do and it will always load the destructed Mideel when you enter it. So you have to jump from it immediately to the undestroyed map.

If I had the necessary coding skills, I would probably replace the WM engine with a custom-made one which mimics the behavior of the original. This solves many problems at ones. No stressful reverse engineering (though it good to have as much information as possible about the original engine), you are not bound at the limits of the current engine and you can make much easier a pretty robust editor for it. And at last the WM is probably one of the easier modules to recreate.

Still, it needs people who are ready to do that and have the necessary skills and know how and that's something which lacks here so much. People are more interested in moding modern games and SE had in the past a very unpleasant position to moding their games. And we should not forget that there is still a remake which actually should replace the original (at last that's why you make a remake). This makes moding the game further for some people pointless.

1: But the music scripts that i found all say either 0 or 1? How do i assign certain tracks?

2: What does the term Jump mean? You can take out the long Lifestream cut scene right?

3: What about making Contain Materia skill order : #1 Tornado and #3 Freeze instead?

4: Is it possible to add characters by making more models or do they have to be replaced?

5: How do i find out Battle IDs? They are completely different in Proud Clod than Makou Reactor!

6: Why can't you change encounters (Battle IDs) on the world map? (Makou Reactor)

7: New Threat mod has some kool enemy designs and kool new attacks. Any way to add only some of them?
« Last Edit: 2017-11-08 19:01:48 by Abashi76 »