Author Topic: [FF7PC] Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!! (2006-04-30)  (Read 424680 times)

but2002

• View Profile
    • http://www.allgamingnetwork.co.nr
« Reply #675 on: 2005-11-21 23:04:33 »
OK Reunion? Could you make the Y AXIS of the models higher so the feet dont go through the ground? :D

fatty

Battle model > Field model Conversion FINALLY!!
« Reply #676 on: 2005-11-22 20:38:40 »
Quote from: d15c0d4v3
continueing an old save worked fine
startng a new game began with a box coming up saying follow me, newcomer, and a black background with nothing else otehr than that text box
i found that i could fix that by going to the menu and then exiting it
then, as the cool looking barret went away, two cool looking gurds came and started a fight
the window started opening up, and then when half the screen was still black and when the background music was about 2 seconds into the battle music, ff7 crashed
anyone know the problem here?

.........  :erm: this has nothing to do with this patch

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #677 on: 2005-11-23 18:25:00 »
The SaiNt, Reunion, Borde, and ice_cold513 must all have the patience of saints.  I can understand reporting a bug or something in a patch.  That lets the author know of problems and leads to a better final product.  The topic of clipping, model sizes, and alternate resolutions have been addressed several times on this forum.

I admit, I commented on the size of the models for the NPC project.  That's becuase I downloaded the SD model pack because it was recommended in a previous post.  Once I knew the difference between the SD and non-SD, I made the switch and have been happy ever since.  I think it's great that they have made two seperate patches for the community in the first place.

I just don't think that it's fair to clutter someone's forum topic with numerous pleas and bitching about their project they worked so hard on.  This is their hard work, that they do without compensation, on their free time.  I know this is not the first time I have expressed my distain for these types of posts.  I can overlook or ignore posts with horrible grammar or blatant poor typing.  This disrespect I can not ignore.

Like I stated previously, these patchers must have the patience of saints.  If I had to deal with all the moaning and bitching that they deal with in their project topic, I would do things differently.  After a while, I would just give up a public release.  If so many did not appreciate my hard work, I would privately send it to those that did.  Then, just in spite, I would post screenshots of my patch so all the whiners would just beg for my patch that has apparent "clipping problems."

To All Patchers -
I hope all of these new "members," with their two posts about the same complaints about your great work does not discourage you.  There are so many people here that value the quality of your work.

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #678 on: 2005-11-24 11:10:04 »
Hay Otokoshi Thank you for your posts me and Borde are busy with stuff. We have made a patcher like Reunion's one and going to take some pics and start a new topic soon

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #679 on: 2005-11-24 20:18:14 »
Thanks for your support Otokoshi.
It's a bit boring to answer so much times the same cuestion (and The Saint is probably specially pissed because of this), but I also understand how frustrating can get to be fighting FF7 (man, I took me ages to run it hardware accelerated mode) and other games.
The only reason of the lack of progress in this project is, as ice_cold513 stated, the large amount of real-life work. You know, as exams come closer the spare time begins to be scarce.
Since we are going to need more people to finish this in a reasonable amount of time, we will open a new therad soon to keep a more organized track of the progress. I'll also post a little tutorial to build custom models.
By the way but2002, making the Y Axis higher is harder than It looks like. The only way to do it is by modifing the animation files. Unfortunately, animation files are shared by several models and by modifing one you can solve the problems of one model but screw the rest (most noticiabily, SD models would be flying).
See ya.

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #680 on: 2005-11-25 02:10:22 »
That's great news!  I have said before I would like to help you guys out with your project.  I know photoshop like the back of my hand, but that is of no use I'm guessing.  Unless, of course, these new custom models require new skins or something.  I've also dabbled in 3ds max a bit, but the tools you guys are using are a lot easier to pick up and learn.  So any help you guys need let me know either via post or private message.  :D

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #681 on: 2005-11-26 21:57:29 »
Hi, everybody. (Oh no - another Newbie :D )
I am reading in this forum for some time now and I mainly registered because I wanted to say, that this is really, really great work, that you guys were and are doing here!

In my opinion these new models lend the game and its story much more depth and realism.
The cartoonish SD-models were one of the few things I actually disliked about the original game. And it also seemed really strange to me, that their look changed between field and battle models and even between different movies.
(So finally it makes some sense, that Square didn't render  the characters into some of the movies. With the improved models these movies improve as well. Too bad that there are still some prerendered SD-movies left.)

So once again: Great work and keep going!  :wink:

Thau

« Reply #682 on: 2005-11-28 20:37:12 »
i have only the german version of FF VII so i cant use the patch for the menu_US.lgp..and if i rename it i get: Unknow version of menu_us.lgp..... Plz help me^^

Thau :D

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #683 on: 2005-11-29 15:43:14 »
Quote from: Thau
i have only the german version of FF VII so i cant use the patch for the menu_US.lgp..and if i rename it i get: Unknow version of menu_us.lgp.....
You don't really need it for the patch to work. It just shows a special message of Reunion in the main menu. If this file is not working for you, just stick with your old one.

Quote from: Borde
making the Y Axis higher is harder than It looks like. The only way to do it is by modifing the animation files. Unfortunately, animation files are shared by several models and by modifing one you can solve the problems of one model but screw the rest (most noticiabily, SD models would be flying).
The whole thing is not really a big deal, but I am curious. Since I don't know anything (yet !) about the internal structure of FF7's files I can only guess:

1. Wouldn't it be possible to shift the y-Coordinates of the models itself? Or is there a problem, because things would get messed up as a result of negative coordinates? (Since it seem that the Axis starts from the head downwards, which I think is a little bit strange).

2. If the above would not be possible I think it would be better to change the animation files anyway, since Cloud and his group are the persons you have to navigate and see on the screen almost all of the time anyway. In my opinion it would look less strange if there were sometimes a few flying characters than the party sinking into the ground all the time.

But as I said it's not that important, would be just a little extra. Maybe I'll have a look myself into the files, when I would have some time.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #684 on: 2005-11-30 07:43:14 »
You guys are doing a great job keep it up  :)  This mod has breathed new life into the game for me.

a little off topic....
While I  was reading the forums I funny thought occured to me, how about converting the battle models to look like the SD models, I was just thinking how funny the battles would look with the SD version fighting monsters and SD versions of some monsters.  Its just something funny I thought up and thought you guys would get a kick out of it.

Rogue Agent

« Reply #685 on: 2005-11-30 08:36:20 »
lol that would be funny.

I don't really mind the clipping as it does not happen very often and it still looks better.

I do have one question how do I change the normal cloud battle model to the one used in the final battle?

Otokoshi

• View Profile
« Reply #686 on: 2005-11-30 14:33:39 »
Go here

http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?t=4351

The patch is made by Dreakon

Chrisu

• Simply there
    • View Profile
    • Christian's Programs
« Reply #687 on: 2005-12-05 10:29:17 »
The patch is great, but it doesnt change any things oín the world map or in the menu!
Can u tell me hpw to do that pls?
(Ivr got the german version)

root2149

Interview
« Reply #688 on: 2005-12-07 09:49:09 »
Quote from: rmco2003
that looks amazing, this would be really effective if there was a way to scale down these new models to the sizes of the original field models, then there would be no size problems or anything.

So when will we know more

Jinrei

« Reply #689 on: 2005-12-07 18:00:46 »
The SaiNt, Reunion, Borde, and ice_cold513,

I gotta tell you guys: Thank You. You've helped make a legendary game even more legendary with your work.

I wish you guys the best of luck in this endeavor, because I'm willing to bet that the best is yet to come.....

Just wanted to let you guys know that. :D

BTW, this might sound like a dumb question, but I was looking at the dialogue editor a while ago and I started editting some of it, like un-censoring Cid and Barret and Making Reno more like his movie self(he was a bit more "street" than his FFVII self...) and it got me thinking: If I can edit this, can I also edit character meshes? what about Character textures?

I remember a while ago that people were "skinning" games like DOA by extracting the textures, editting them, and re-injecting them into the character....Is it possible to do that here? If so, how?

I'd like to detail the characters' faces so that they don't look all blurry in-game.....

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #690 on: 2005-12-07 19:38:25 »
Sure Jinrei. In fact, editing the textures is very easy. Simply extract the TEX file, convert it to BMP (with biturn, for example) and modify it with some moderately good program (Paint Shop Pro will be fine). Keep in mind that you must keep the original structure of the file (for example, If a texture contains several object, keep them in the same place). Also keep in mind that FF7 textures are 8-bit. You can change the resolution if you want (FF7 uses percentual values to find objects in textures).
To convert the BMP back to a TEX file, use LGPTools. Open an LGP file, find a TEX file, replace it with your BMP and extract it. That way, you will get a TEX file with your custom texture. One last thing you should do is open the new TEX file with an HEX edito and change the 8ht byte to 01.
As for the meshes, I supose you already know that FF7 models are divided in pieces. Those pieces are stored in separate P files. You can edit those files (to some extent) with my little tool (Kimera) or with Ahlexx's one(Ultima). Kimera is a bit more buggy and is a little less flexible than Ultima, but is a lot easier to use also. Try both.

Jinrei

« Reply #691 on: 2005-12-08 20:55:34 »
^ I'll try. Thanks for the info!

Just out of curiosity, where should I start looking for, say - Tifa and Cloud's textures?

I see a lot of files.......

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #692 on: 2005-12-08 21:25:53 »
Fortunately, files inside Char.lgp are lexicographically related. What I mean is that if you sort the files by name, all the files between one HRC file and the other usually belong to the same model.
You can see what HRC file defines every model by using Ifalna.

mirex

• View Profile
    • http://mirex.mypage.sk
« Reply #693 on: 2005-12-08 23:40:07 »
Jinrei: Look here, you can find file names in this thread: http://forums.qhimm.com/viewtopic.php?p=62916

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #694 on: 2005-12-08 23:42:05 »
COulfd sombody tell me what CLOUDS is in battle.lgp   the normal cloud. not the good looking one

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
small request
« Reply #695 on: 2005-12-14 23:10:03 »
Did someone can switch the Reunion Cloud model With Reunion Sephiroth

It will be great with Sephiroth instead cloud in batttle(i modified the ff7.exe) and it will be very realistic if Sephiroth replace cloud in the field

plzzzz somebody do something

thanks in advance

THE GREAT SEPHIROTH

but2002

• View Profile
« Reply #696 on: 2005-12-15 04:12:45 »
I have done this with the SD models. I fixed the hair to    now all you need to do is use jenova to swap clouds name w sepiroths

Great Sephiroth

• I Will never be ........ a memory
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: 2005-12-16 02:27:20 »
Oh i tried to modifiechange his size the non SD cloud with sword i foud in this thread and but it does is the feets of cloud are too big and my question is what the real % i should use to my cloud to be at the sive of the one in Reunion path

PS i use the HRC Resizer

And another thing, In The Model NonSD Patch if i want to resize Cloud (with sword on back) i need to copy all the files in all folders (minus n_cloud_sk) Is that right ?

please someone help me

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #698 on: 2005-12-16 12:50:16 »
Errr... well, don't know if I understood you well.
Let's see, if you use HRC resizer to change the size of Cloud it shouldn't make his feet larger unless you use the SD-style mode. As for the right % to make it the same size of the model found at the Reunion's patch, I don't know. Maybe it should be about 110%. Don't know. Seriously, the only way to find it is by trial and error.

Zenes

« Reply #699 on: 2005-12-16 13:51:51 »
I have a problem. I tried to install it. Everything went well and no errors in installing. It even loads world map well and looks very good. It even goes inside Highwind, but when trying to enter any town it crashes and says "File missing" or something.

I noticed that files in my new char.lpg is in different order than original. In new char.lpg files are in alphabetical order, but in original they aren't. So is this the problem and can i fix it somehow?

Please, help me!