Author Topic: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7  (Read 134029 times)

Master Ridley

• Space Pirate Supreme Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7
« Reply #175 on: 2007-05-12 22:11:15 »
Who's the author of that Reno anyway? looks like one of Noen's models that he released for Jedi Academy and plans to release it for the Final Fantasy VII Mod for Crysis. I could be wrong but it looks like his model.

He also released a Rude, an Elena and a Rufus.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 2007-05-12 22:39:24 »
Yes thats him, he also didnt give permission to use his models in the mod for his own reasons, so I wouldnt hold your breath on using those models.

Hyunckel

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 2007-05-12 22:55:00 »
it's quite a waste to erase all the work you have done.
I just don't understand why you MUST delete it all. If it's because you worked so hard on it then someone who picks up the project can put original credit to you for the work you started, because i'm sure your name and the work you did will not be forgotten. But why trash the mod completely?
+1 I don't understand too.

Example: there is a lot more work in your models than the character portraits i did but that said, I don't care what people do with them because it's for the community.
Your excellent models should become community property really... In the interest of the community.

Exactly. When I see what you did  Wuz with menu_us.lgp I gave it a try and release another "advent children portraits" . Just for those wandering around on these forums to try it if they want.

It is not because you work hours on something, then you decide to stop, you have to ERASE everything. That's totally bulls***... But if it is HIS opinion we cannot say anything about it I guess. Dn't know why squeeble 's stil hanging around here in this case though. Pretending working on another project? ... Well I prefere to say nothing, "wait and see"

What a shame though.

If I were to work hours on a mod like I did past weeks , I wouldn't erase everything.

FFVII comunity won't remember me for having erased all my work , than if i release a partial hard work . At least credit would have been given ... And someone may have finish it. ... I know he has his reasons , but wothout knowing them, I can just believe what I see: These mentalities give me headsick. It's not like you were paid for this. It was done for free, and I think, for the comunity since there were plenty of screenshots among the board....

Well I stop here ,  Excepting if someone contact me by MP, I don't think I'm going to spend more time here....

Bye everybody.  :oops:

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: 2007-05-12 23:14:40 »
Yes thats him, he also didnt give permission to use his models in the mod for his own reasons, so I wouldnt hold your breath on using those models.

I could of told you that. Members of the Jedi Academy Modding Community look down on model porting and they also look down on this modding community (not everyone however). They consider all mods here 'warez' so none of them want their stuff ported to this modding community.

They, however, can help you out on modelling and skinning techniques.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-12 23:16:46 by Master Ridley »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: 2007-05-12 23:30:29 »
Well dje I have a damn good reason for deleting all my work I dropped hint and master ridley makes a point. The whole point is i never released anything meaning it can never be traced to me therefore I can move on to something more legal without a problem. My reasons are my business so I'm sorry but no dice, and as for pretending to work on another mod wtf is that supposed to mean, you think I would just destroy everything I've done without good reason or move on to another mod. when I get some work done I'll open a WIP on the forum then you can all see for yourselves.

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #180 on: 2007-05-13 00:36:25 »
If I were to work hours on a mod like I did past weeks , I wouldn't erase everything.

FFVII comunity won't remember me for having erased all my work , than if i release a partial hard work . At least credit would have been given ... And someone may have finish it. ... I know he has his reasons , but wothout knowing them, I can just believe what I see: These mentalities give me headsick. It's not like you were paid for this. It was done for free, and I think, for the comunity since there were plenty of screenshots among the board....

It doesn't matter if he's paid or not, illegal is illegal (getting paid makes it more illegal). Try reading a EULA next time you install a computer game. All modding is illegal, even if the author of the software gives you permission (though they're the only ones who can press charges so you'd be alright if you have permission).

And don't be like "I bought the game so it's mind". Think of it this way...you only bought the CDs and the right to play the game. You DO NOT Own the software in the CDs.

I think Sqeeble knows this so he deletes his work after he finishes a project. He can suffer a huge lawsuit if he doesn't.

Now, a project like the NPC Reconstruction Project, although illegal, Square will turn a blind eye towards it but this project, ripping their Kingdom Hearts Models and porting it into another game, they won't turn a blind eye to and are probably looking into it.

My only hope that they won't shut this place down is the fact that you guys look down upon the Ultima Edition and encourage buying the game, even going as far as trying to make it not compatible with the Ultima Edition (and failed as I found ways around the compatiblility issue, meaning fully to get every mod, even the ones said not to work with the Ultima Editon, to perfectly work on the Ultima Edition and no, I bought the PC FF7 CDs and the right to play the game..infact, it's sitting right next to me, already been used on my computer).

Now, working on a mod like this, like I said, is highly illegal but keep a low profile and looking down on the Ultima Edition, I'm sure you guys should be fine.

Now, what squeeble can do is make and finish project, writing a tutorial as he goes and when he finishes the tutorial, he can either release the tutorial or release both.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: 2007-05-13 01:14:34 »
Well I'm not so sure about all modding being illegal, it depends more on open or closed source, such as HL2 or the upcoming crysis being open source I beleive. Infact some games even release software development kits to modding teams. For example I believe your allowed to modify battlefield on the basis that your patch is seperate from the original game, beacause you can quite easily hack the game through the .rfa's making cheating very easy, wich is why we have punkbuster lol. But FF7 PC is a closed source engine meaning all modding done to it is illegal, so another benifit of Qgears would be the fact of an open source engine for ease of modibility, and probably more legality in modding. But it is possible to do it like I've shown I doubt you would get in trouble aslong as you never released a patch for the public. But I have the feeling one day someone will do this and all hell will break loose. So I have very good reason for stopping everything I'm not going to screw myself over just for some patch that makes the models better. The fact is this game is 10 years old, and as much as I love it theres no point modding it really I enjoy it just as much now as I did 10 years ago, I will admit though that I enjoyed the NPC RC patch, but you can only play a game so much really. Seeing how square lately has started a flurry of remakes including the original, besides the fact that all these ports just seem to do is be money grabbing maybe they'll end up remaking FF7 in a few years who knows, would'nt hold my breathe though :lol:. Oh an master ridley its not a mod its a midgar map hes working on so try not to get that confused with a full blown mod.

Jari

« Reply #182 on: 2007-05-13 01:54:48 »
Just a small note about screwing anyone over; I don't think that anyone has ever been sued right away for copyright infringement of this nature; they'll send you cease and desist first. If you do not cease, then you risk ending up in court.

While the copyright owner might have grounds for suing someone without asking them to stop first, it doesn't really serve any purpose; going to court is expensive and chances of getting poor students to pay for your (the copyright owner's, that is) court costs anytime soon are very slim.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: 2007-05-13 02:31:34 »
Slim as it may be It's just not a risk I'm willing to take, I myself wouldn't mind a job in the games industry, so doing something like this wouldn't be the best way to start out. Now theres probably people saying theres noway they could know it came from your computer, well thats not the point. The point is what I was doing was really illegal, and I'm not talking about the fact of modding the game coz I can agree with that to a point, like the NPC RP project. But I was basically stealing squares work and tearing it to bits and crudely sticking it back into another game, and I don't want any references to garry's mod or facepunch. But the fact of the matter is it comes down to my choice, witch some people have agreed with and a few haven't but what they think doesn't really matter as far as I'm concerned, and yes I see the irony in the fact I'm typing up all these explanations,but well I don't care :lol:. BTW Jari none of that was aimed at you just making a point to the why don't you give the models out anyway people.

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: 2007-05-13 21:40:38 »
What about the field model conversion do we lose that aswell?

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: 2007-05-13 22:31:22 »
Just a little comment. HL2 and Crysis aren't open source :-P. As far as I know, only Id software actually makes their sourcecode available when it's obsolete.
As for the being remembered, sadly I must say I don't think anyone will remember any of us in a few years. All the patches made in this forum are already being massively distributed as patch compilations. I've seen it in another forum (and I'm sure there must be many more). An the fact is that the only one who gets credit for them is one who made the compilation. Maybe they include a brief readme giving credit to the individual authors (I haven't bothered trying it) but truth is that nearly no one will ever read it.
Not that I care much about this, frankly.

Master Ridley

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: 2007-05-13 22:58:44 »
Well I'm not so sure about all modding being illegal, it depends more on open or closed source, such as HL2 or the upcoming crysis being open source I beleive. Infact some games even release software development kits to modding teams. For example I believe your allowed to modify battlefield on the basis that your patch is seperate from the original game, beacause you can quite easily hack the game through the .rfa's making cheating very easy, wich is why we have punkbuster lol. But FF7 PC is a closed source engine meaning all modding done to it is illegal, so another benifit of Qgears would be the fact of an open source engine for ease of modibility, and probably more legality in modding. But it is possible to do it like I've shown I doubt you would get in trouble aslong as you never released a patch for the public.

That's basically a misconception. According to the EULA (which is a law enforced document), modding of anything with copyright, open source or closed source, is still illegal even if they released a dev kit, however, The authors of the open sourced game won't press charges (or threaten to at least) because they gave you permission to modify their game. Consider that a gray area as the authors are allow to bend the EULA on what they own. EULA is full of gray areas.

Also, your right, you won't get in trouble if you don't release. The authors will just send you a cease and desist, like Jari said.

Just a small note about screwing anyone over; I don't think that anyone has ever been sued right away for copyright infringement of this nature; they'll send you cease and desist first. If you do not cease, then you risk ending up in court.

While the copyright owner might have grounds for suing someone without asking them to stop first, it doesn't really serve any purpose; going to court is expensive and chances of getting poor students to pay for your (the copyright owner's, that is) court costs anytime soon are very slim.

That's true, which is why you rarely see people getting sued from the gaming companies. The truth is, yes, the court system is expensive and the fact that the money the judge is going to make you (just an example if your getting sued by them) pay, you'll never see in your lifetime in your pocket, the gaming company is going to end up losing money on the lawsuit so it isn't worth a lawsuit, which is why they gave you warning as they will use the courts as a last resort if they feel your a serious threat.

Though, if they feel a mod isn't a threat, they won't even bother with the cease and desist, like a lot of the mods here.

The fact is this game is 10 years old, and as much as I love it theres no point modding it really I enjoy it just as much now as I did 10 years ago, I will admit though that I enjoyed the NPC RC patch, but you can only play a game so much really. Seeing how square lately has started a flurry of remakes including the original, besides the fact that all these ports just seem to do is be money grabbing maybe they'll end up remaking FF7 in a few years who knows, would'nt hold my breathe though :lol:.

Well, the point of modding is to make a game better and I know a lot of people weren't happy with the lego people running around on the field. I mean, when I first got FF7, that was a let down to me to be honest.

I'm sure all this modding is fine right now. This site hasn't received a cease and desist yet, now has it, so mod until your hearts content.
« Last Edit: 2007-05-13 23:15:53 by Master Ridley »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: 2007-05-13 23:36:16 »
Well I'm not so sure about all modding being illegal, it depends more on open or closed source, such as HL2 or the upcoming crysis being open source I beleive. Infact some games even release software development kits to modding teams. For example I believe your allowed to modify battlefield on the basis that your patch is seperate from the original game, beacause you can quite easily hack the game through the .rfa's making cheating very easy, wich is why we have punkbuster lol. But FF7 PC is a closed source engine meaning all modding done to it is illegal, so another benifit of Qgears would be the fact of an open source engine for ease of modibility, and probably more legality in modding. But it is possible to do it like I've shown I doubt you would get in trouble aslong as you never released a patch for the public.

That's basically a misconception. According to the EULA (which is a law enforced document), modding of anything with copyright, open source or closed source, is still illegal even if they released a dev kit, however, The authors of the open sourced game won't press charges (or threaten to at least) because they gave you permission to modify their game. Consider that a gray area as the authors are allow to bend the EULA on what they own. EULA is full of gray areas.

Well you understand what I mean then by, some game you are allowed to mod and others you aren't, and FF7 PC definitely falls into the category of not allowed to mod, so I'll just stay away from that and stick to something more legal, somwhere more in the grey area :-P.

mr_nygren

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: 2007-10-15 19:04:48 »
I don`t get how to put up any images... :(

I have been trying to change the models of Cloud and the others and it went good at first, but now the TEX-files don`t show up... The eyes and the mouth is all white...! What`s the problem with the TEX-files?.. My Kimera doesn`t want to show them on the heads!

How to get Kingdom Heart models??

Cazador

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: 2007-10-15 20:01:17 »
AHH! A Zombie Thread!!  :-P

anyways

the kingdom hearts models you have to rip from the game, so you have to own the game in order to get them

as for the tex files, I have no clue

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: 2007-10-15 21:07:36 »
mr_nygren, it's a bad idea to resurect dead topics such as this one. As for the white eyes, yeah, I know about it. It's a bug with the current verion of Kimera and with all the older ones. I've already fixed that bug, but I just don't feel like releasing a new version just for that. There are many other odd bug's I've got to sort out yet, and I just don't have time to do it right now.

lozod

« Reply #191 on: 2009-07-27 09:35:05 »
hey awesome mod

can you help me to convert a view of my models from kh 1/2 and ff x-2?

my msn and e-mail are : [email protected]

Matt2Tees

• Sauntam/MXster/Machinimatt
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: 2009-07-27 10:43:11 »
hey awesome mod

can you help me to convert a view of my models from kh 1/2 and ff x-2?

my msn and e-mail are : [email protected]

Um, you do realize this is a dead thread right? Search the forum and you can find tutorials for converting models

Xelane

• View Profile
« Reply #193 on: 2009-07-27 10:44:49 »
YOU do realize that he is a noob right? (not in the offensive way)

lozod

« Reply #194 on: 2009-07-27 10:48:44 »
YOU do realize that he is a noob right? (not in the offensive way)
yeah im new in the modding world but im from the netherlands and i cant read everyting in inglish p.s. i cant find a tut for converting all .mdl to .obj
« Last Edit: 2009-07-27 10:54:42 by lozod »

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: 2009-07-27 17:12:21 »
convert it to .3DS, then look at the stickied thead up at the top when you click back on your browser.