Author Topic: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7  (Read 133949 times)

ARMs

• View Profile
Re: Yuffie successfully converted into FF7
« Reply #25 on: 2007-04-03 02:13:51 »
wow you guys did some great job on those mods.   I'm wondering if those idividual files are larger then the oringal files though.   Its most likely bigger but I can hope.   Cause i want to put them in the PSX version of the game and hope the game don't crash cause well I doubt the PSX got much memory.

Wintermute

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007-04-03 02:28:56 »
Not possible - this was already thoroughly explained in the NPC thread. :roll:
Even without knowing much about FF7 internals or modelling in General it is very obvious from the screen shots that they carry much more information than the old models. And even in the (absoutely impossible) case that they would be smaller, you can't exchange them as easily, as Halkun pointed out very clearly in the other thread. So no need for asking!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007-04-03 02:37:15 »
Ok nibelheim sephiroth is finished and the battle animations work perfect, The only thing to do now is move his sword back into his hand a bit more and at a later date i'll try and fix the little uv problem on his arm other than that hes perfect. Now as always i have some more screens so for your enjoyment here they are.

Sephiroth is also using his sword from kingdom hearts and cloud is using the unused buster sword from FFX upn closer inspection is the exact same one from crisis core that angeal has on his back. Also a big thanks to andrewmarsh13 for fixing the textures up so now thers no more seethrough pants lol.
Now i'll just keep ploding along with my shiva jigsaw and i might try and put tifa from KH2 in in the next few days.

**EDIT** as of now i have somone working on feild conversions of these models there should be an update in the next day or so :wink:
« Last Edit: 2007-04-03 03:05:39 by squeeble »

ARMs

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007-04-03 02:43:20 »
Ah sorry I just learn things as i go alone.   I didn't read up on stuff that I haven't tried to learn.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007-04-03 13:59:25 »
Now i'll just keep ploding along with my shiva jigsaw and i might try and put tifa from KH2 in in the next few days.
**EDIT** as of now i have somone working on feild conversions of these models there should be an update in the next day or so :wink:

Well bugger me :-P

slayersnext

• Not gonna hold back!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007-04-03 22:38:14 »
That was awesome!!!! Really. I want to see the Tifa and Aeris soon, you're a great "3d worker" XDXD
When you finish, could we download it??

Bye!!!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007-04-03 23:22:16 »
Ok Aeris is sitting in max waiting to be cut up but she's a bit complicated so il do her last. As for tifa i've started working on her the night before but like i said the KH2 models have a big normals problem when you cinvert them, now some people will be thinking just use the normals modifier and unify normals. But none of the polygons are joined together so i have to go around selecting every individual polygon and fliping them, to give you a look at what i mean heres a quick render from max.

I'll try and hav her done by tonight :wink:
Now as for a release i would really appreciate if we didnt talk about anything to do with a release, when the time is right good things will happen but i dont want a C&D order from square, so please try and keep all this quite and dont go posting links to this on other forums please. One more thing andrewmarsh13 has opened a weapons thread and i would really appreciate if people would go have a look and comment so we know what weapons to give the characters and such so go http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=6590.0 <<there and have some input, so far its just me and andrew talking so yeah I'll try and have tifa done by tonight.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007-04-04 01:19:48 »
I don't know what way you want to go with this, but I was thinking about maybe trying to change Tifa's textures when you're done with her to make her be dressed more like in the original Final Fantasy 7, and not Advent Children.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007-04-04 01:28:29 »
No i reckon we should just leave her the same. She doesnt have a skirt like the original, and i'm trying not to change the models to much on the main characters. Oh yeah how's that sword of yours, and would you like to elaborate on that idea you gad for safer sephiroth.

**EDIT** Update: i've finished fliping her normals around so i'll get to work on cutting her to bits later.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-04 03:16:19 by squeeble »

Rancid Cheese

• Uhh this Cheese ain't fresh at all!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007-04-04 04:45:01 »
Awe-inspiring work here I'm so impressed and jealous at the same time . . . but in a good way!

EDIT:
Could you replace Nanaki with Simba or Scar from KH2 ?!

The possiblities are endless how about the little faerie versions of Y.R.P. instead of Tifa, Aeris and Yuffie or would they be too small?
« Last Edit: 2007-04-04 04:56:25 by Rancid Cheese »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007-04-04 05:03:04 »
Well im tryin to keep the main characters as close to original as possible, except maybe with tifa and the AC clothes but i've been thinking of weird ideas to replace monsters and such. Like Yuna's flower dress sphere thing from X-2 as the snow woman in the mountains or something lol. Tifa update coming soon :-D.

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007-04-04 06:09:01 »
Hmm . . . the reason I wondered about replacing Nanaki is because everyone else has a KH or Dirge update really except Nanaki although maybe a Hyena would be closer and just edit it to a red colour perhaps . . .

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007-04-04 06:58:17 »
Well at a later date i'll just make him from scratch but i'll leave those till last coz they'll take like a week each to make.

andrewmarsh13

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007-04-04 16:46:01 »
Sorry I haven't been around in the past couple of days. I'm working on some stuff with my band, so I haven't been home. As far as Safer Sephiroth goes, unless you wanted to actually re-model him (which I figure will be a pain in the ass) I was thinking about exporting the entire old model and work on making textures for him so he looks a little nicer.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007-04-04 18:33:32 »
Just a little idea about Tifa. I did a modified version of her a few time ago for the NPC RP. It got very bad critics and thus was scrapped. I must admit that it had some serious issues, most notably the face (which looked quiet bad). I fixed some of the problems, but haven't touched the head yet. I think it would be intersting to see how the model turned out with KH2 Tifa's head in model I did.

Ace266

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007-04-04 19:07:40 »
Have you given any thought to extracting textures from PSP games yet?  I'm sure theres a lot of potential in the upcoming Crisis Core game for characters we have yet to see with better character models.

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007-04-04 23:29:19 »
@andrew

Well puting new textures on him sounds like a really good idea, but also at a much later date i could remodel him from scratch but it would take me a few days to week to do so.

@Ace22

Well i live in australia so by the time it comes out in japan then america and then finally to europe and australasia, there will be a big gap between releases but i plan to get my hands on an american one as soon as it comes out. But going back to the modeling side it takes people like Yaz0r a long time to make these model dumpers and viewers so i plan on gettin alot of reference shots and building alot of stuff from scratch, but that will be done after i've completed atleast 60% of conversions.

**EDIT** Update tifa is working kinda... but i have faith in myself and kimera that i can get her to work 100%. The main problem is that she seems to be alot taller than the original tifa making it hard for me to make her fit without squishing everything, but seeing as this may be the only way i might give it a go later but i'll send the peices round to weemus later so he can convert them to feild.

I definatley need some feedback on this one.

**EDIT#2** Another update i got her working now so all is good :-D The hair also works very nicely now. Now i just need to replace her weapons because she still has a blocky hand for a weapon wich looks kinda weird.
« Last Edit: 2007-04-05 04:40:01 by squeeble »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007-04-05 05:56:09 »
About tifas weapon:

ALL of her weapons are a separate hand model.  You'll have to edit each weapon manually.  Shouldn't be too hard

Excellent work so far, this is great!

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007-04-05 06:00:49 »
Yeah i think it's ruck-rucz are all her weapons, so um go put some suggestions in the weapons thread :-D...

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007-04-05 06:38:14 »
Well i've come up with a theory wich i have yet to test in that i place omni lights in the max scene to allow proper lighting and shadows onto the models, and then bake the lighting onto the textures. I remember seeing a tutorial some where on how to do this so as soon as i find it i'll give it a shot. As for the shading im not sure what you mean?

You are right, I meant the shading/darker areas of the body which comes from the lighting. There was no lighting in FF7 so the light and dark effects were "burned in" to the Garoud shaded polygon models. Now that they are all Texture based you will need to adjust the brightness of the textures in the areas that would normally be bright or dark.
IE: in between Tifa's legs as an example - skin colour would be alot darker there then say the top of her shoulders?

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007-04-05 08:43:35 »
Heres a quick vid i taped just to show how tifa seems to be working atm. My apologies for the poor audio fraps wont work anymore and i'm using some other weird video recorder, and i think the compression made cloud look orange :| but this could all just be my hunk of crap computer. So if anyone could point me in the right direction of a good game recorder or a way to fix the audio up i'd be very grateful :-).

http://rapidshare.com/files/24420821/FF_battle_1.rar

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007-04-05 13:17:11 »
Tifa looks good nice work! Although I think you got the upper arms the wrong way round left is right and right is left if you catch my meaning :-) Just makes me want the Advent Children Cloud and Yuffie though . . .

Say does anyone else think that the KH1 Cloud looks awfully like his model does in Ehrgeiz like the hair and everything . . . actually are those models any good for converting to FF7PC?

As for game recording I can't help sorry . . . :-(
« Last Edit: 2007-04-05 13:25:03 by Rancid Cheese »

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007-04-05 13:53:40 »
Actually her arms are flipped that way on purpose, if you go two one of the previous screenshots you'll see that her shoulders are pointing outwards witch looked awful so i flipped them. As for the advent models im definitely not putting them in reason being there just not close to the original models i didnt want to put tifa in really but i did'nt have much choice. Also what do you mean any good for converting into FF7PC..

Rancid Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007-04-05 14:06:22 »
The models from Ehrgeiz for using in FF7 on the PC . . .

squeeble

• GOOGLE GODDAMIT!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007-04-05 14:23:46 »
Oh ok well i dont think they have a model exporter for that plus that is a PS1 game so they're very low poly. Anyway its midnight here so i dont know why the hell I'm still up so goodnight to all and i'll probably have more updates tomorrow :lol:..