Author Topic: Bahamut Lagoon  (Read 21232 times)

Lionheart1827

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« on: 2001-04-25 03:47:00 »
Hey guys, i looked all over the place for this SNES rom.  The game is called Bahamut Lagoon.  I only found it once but it was in japanese.  If it is possible, would you be able to find an english copy of the rom, or at least the japanese?  Thanks guys

divinedragon2001

Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #1 on: 2001-04-25 11:04:00 »
Japanese version of Bahamut Lagoon is here: http://www.freeroms.com/snesB.htm" TARGET=_blank>http://www.freeroms.com/snesB.htm  .
Don't know about the English version.

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #2 on: 2001-04-25 16:12:00 »
There is no English copy.

Bahamut Lagoon was one of Squaresoft's last games for the Super Famicom, and as such, missed the timeframe for being officially translated into English.  There are several Squaresoft games in the same boat (Live A Live, Treasure Hunter G, Rudora no Hihou).  As of this moment, no English versions of any of these games can be found.

I've heard that a few groups are working on a fan translation, but I've heard of no concrete progress.  It's safe to say that you won't see a translation for a good few months at *LEAST*.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #3 on: 2001-04-25 23:10:00 »
That Rom has been around for years and no one has got round to tranlating it yet. Try looking here for some info: http://www.zophar.net/index.phtml" TARGET=_blank>http://www.zophar.net/index.phtml

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #4 on: 2001-04-26 19:29:00 »
Is the game any good (and is it playable in Japanese)?

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #5 on: 2001-04-28 01:59:00 »
It's an okay game.  Squad-based strategy really, with the use and training of dragons for each squad being the key point of the game.  It's nothing *special* though, in my opinion.

As for 'the game's been around for years with no translation'... heh... the same could be said of many other SNES games which had fan translations turn up out of the blue ^_^  Seiken Densetsu 3 springs to mind.  As does Tales of Phantasia.  Keep in mind that the SNES emulation scene has only reached maturity in the last couple of years or so, and the translation scene is still catching up.  For example, the Front Mission 2 translation has been in development for quite some time (I've been keeping tabs on it), but for all I know, it could come out tomorrow if all the problems with the translators have been resolved.

That said, I'd rather see Rudora no Hihou translated first out of all of the last Squaresoft SNES games.  It has the most potential, as well as one of the best spell and elemental systems ever ^_^  It's also on to a good start; three teams have already joined forces to get on with the translation (one of them being J2E, which *definitely* has a proven past), so it's hopefully only a matter of time.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #6 on: 2001-04-28 16:33:00 »
wot eva happened to translating front mission 1?

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #7 on: 2001-04-28 05:06:00 »
My mistake, I meant Front Mission 1.  Front Mission numbering is entering mystical territory, with stuff like Alternative and Gun Hazard having turned up since the SNES days.  (Front Mission Gun Hazard is fun, by the way; was playing just the other night)

Last I checked, the Front Mission 1 translation is entering the final stages.  What they've done with the ROM is amazing ^_^  Dunno what else they have left to do, but all the technical stuff looks like it's done; all that remains is inserting the translated script.

Joey

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #8 on: 2001-04-28 08:27:00 »
THAT rom is Jap only, as far as I know.

M0T

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #9 on: 2001-04-28 16:09:00 »
Yes Joey but what you don't know could fill the universe.

The Skillster

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #10 on: 2001-04-30 12:19:00 »
sorry terrence i meant front mission:gun hazard. i played front mission 2 it was a joke almost  :) so much different. i love gun hazard it defined the style for FFtactics and also front mission 3,

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #11 on: 2001-04-30 22:22:00 »
Sounds like you're the one getting confused now, Skillster ^_^

Front Mission Gun Hazard is a scrolling shooter where you control a fully upgradable mech over a number of missions.  Myself, I enjoy the dynamic way some of these missions unfold, and that you can return to many of the landscapes these missions take place over.  In addition, you gain experience for each weapon, upgrade and special you use, enhancing their abilities (you also gain normal experience with equals levels, and you need levels to increase your overall health and what higher level weapons you can use ^_^)  Very interesting game.

What *you're* thinking of is Front Mission 1, which is a strategy type game similar in looks to FFT and Tactics Ogre (isometric landscapes, individual mechs that gain in experience and can be upgraded, etc).  That's the one that's nearly finished, translation-wise, though it's been like that for a good couple of months now.

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #12 on: 2001-04-30 22:29:00 »
Oh, and Gun Hazard is wrongfully numbered 2 on most sites.  Front Mission 2 is actually a PSX game that was never translated (released around 1997, I think).  It has the same strategy style as Front Mission 1.

Gun Hazard is a sidestory, and as such, doesn't have a number (hence the reason I said Front Mission numbering is getting mystical-like... there's almost as many sidestories as there are numbered Front Missions....)

The Skillster

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #13 on: 2001-05-01 10:47:00 »
no no u r getting it wrong.
i SWEAR that the snes rom (jap) with the strategy element IS front mission and in big red-ish writing it says GUN HAZARD.
i remember a failed translation followed by a translation that was never released. whats the current status on the translation? and where can i get more info (like the site for the translation).

The SaiNt

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #14 on: 2001-05-01 17:23:00 »
I thought Front Mission 1 was the one that was alike to FFT???

Terence Fergusson

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #15 on: 2001-05-02 18:33:00 »
Don't worry, Saint; you're correct in thinking that.

Front Mission 1, Front Mission 2 and Front Mission 3 *all* follow the familiar turn-based strategy that most of us are familiar with.

Front Mission Gun Hazard is a side-scrolling shooter.

Front Mission Alternative is a real-time strategy game.

I'm 100% sure of Gun Hazard, 1 and 3, because I've *played* them (and, in fact, was playing Gun Hazard a couple of nights ago).

I can't remember where the FM1 translation site is, but there won't be any patches up there yet; they're only going to release the finished thing.  Suggest you keep up to speed by checking out Whirlpool or RPGd for news.

Oh, and finally, if you don't believe me, check out http://www.frontmission.org" TARGET=_blank>www.frontmission.org  (I think I got that right).  Even includes screenshots of some of the games, including artwork (Gun Hazard is filled with Amano art...)

The Skillster

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #16 on: 2001-05-03 12:17:00 »
looks like i was in the wrong, i must check the game again though.
i thought:
gunhazard was frontmission2
frontmission was gun hazard!
so there u go

M0T

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #17 on: 2001-05-03 19:41:00 »
Hey skillster, what actually happens when you get to 1000 posts?

The Skillster

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #18 on: 2001-05-03 23:45:00 »
uh, u get to the next status, if it exists.
No Life: i become an immortal being of the board.
i merge with my former self to become :
OMNI- Skillster!!! Thus completing my transformation i destroy all admin on this board and it becomes the stepping stone for the destruction of many other FF boards thanks to the "transcendent" Omin-Skillster thus is the end of Qhimm and all the other FF sites, soon to be followed by Square HQ...

... If only they ported FF9 to the PC  :D...
Of course not u fool. its just a count down to the big TON (1k, 1000, the millenium" etc)

M0T

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #19 on: 2001-05-03 23:49:00 »
Don't have to try and make me cry  :( *sniff* *sniff*
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
Just thought thered be like a really cool rank 'Sadistic poster' or 'maniac' or even 'joey'  :)

The Skillster

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #20 on: 2001-05-04 02:30:00 »
there is one i think its :
No life
!!!  :D

Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #21 on: 2001-05-04 03:55:00 »
Which is, fortunately, not something you need a rank to have.  :D

Anonymous

Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #22 on: 2001-05-04 08:44:00 »
Just like to say, i may be new. i GOT A TRANSLATION FOR BAHAMUT LAGOON for english (sorry caps lock)

eerrrr

• View Profile
Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #23 on: 2001-05-04 21:57:00 »
merging with life and death eh Skillster? a real skill indeed, but you do realise that once you do that you will never be able to go any higher. thus making you an immortal being of eternal bordom. maybe Qhimm'll make a new rank someday. but he'll have to edit all the scripts so its unlikely.

Bahamut Lagoon
« Reply #24 on: 2001-05-05 03:13:00 »
Well, it may not be that hard. From what I know, the UBB Starhack is one of the easiest hacks to apply. Modifying it probably wouldn't be much harder.