Author Topic: AC Nero's custom start menu.  (Read 108843 times)

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
Re: AC Nero's custom start menu.
« Reply #125 on: 2010-06-11 23:41:16 »
Just open the file in any image editing application and make it one pixel wider.

Ok, I just tried it and it didn't worked. It continues showing the grey screen @.@

Code: [Select]
START OF MENU SYSTEM!!!
ERROR: Texture could not be compressed
ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE
WM_CLOSE
END OF MENU SYSTEM!!!

All the rest of the app.log appears like in the other one, only that it's not showing the
'INFO: 24-bit PNG loaded (C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc.\Final Fantasy VII\/textures/WMRP/menu/buster_00.png); this is slow, please convert to 32-bit' Info Message.

That message is normal. For me anyways.

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: 2010-06-11 23:48:50 »
Just open the file in any image editing application and make it one pixel wider.

Ok, I just tried it and it didn't worked. It continues showing the grey screen @.@

Ah well, it was worth a try. Guess you'll just have to disable texture compression then.

About the other message, it's just there to let modders know that 24-bit pngs are actually slower to load than 32-bit ones and so should be avoided.

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: 2010-06-11 23:56:19 »
Ah well, it was worth a try. Guess you'll just have to disable texture compression then.

I disabled texture compression, the error with the compression doesn't appear anymore, but it does the
'ERROR: GL_INVALID_VALUE' and the grey screen.   :cry:

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: 2010-06-12 00:38:53 »
I just realized there is no warning about NPOT textures not being supported unless it's needed for scaling. That's your answer then, the image needs to be 1024x1024 (or any other power of two, this will probably give the best result though).

Takeru

• I died, a long time ago...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2010-06-12 01:02:17 »
I just realized there is no warning about NPOT textures not being supported unless it's needed for scaling. That's your answer then, the image needs to be 1024x1024 (or any other power of two, this will probably give the best result though).

Aali man u rock it worked  :-D thx man!

Troy1991

Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars & start menu
« Reply #130 on: 2010-07-01 02:36:52 »
Where can I find Ficedula’s LGP tools? I want to replace my menu ect...

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: (REL) high resolution FF7 avatars & start menu
« Reply #131 on: 2010-07-01 03:05:01 »
Please read the rules. Posting in a topic more then a month old is frowned upon and is only tolerated when relevant to the subject and absolutely necessary.