Author Topic: New Field backgrounds/CG Cutscenes thread  (Read 178370 times)

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
Re: New Field backgrounds/CG Cutscenes thread
« Reply #25 on: 2009-11-21 15:09:34 »
Sorry to be so harsh towards you Neo. I was in a very foul mood and it came out in a rude way. I really think this project has great potential and hope everyone working on it much luck. When I finish some other modding projects I do want to help you guys out in finishing this.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #26 on: 2009-11-21 18:24:12 »

Seriously though, I know I've never completed anything I've started, and that kinda run's into my real life, and my projects on other forums, too... I guess the reason for this is that i always lose motivation for some reason or another. But this is something i'm gonna strive to complete, whatever happens. it's not as if i do stuff just for the "fame" or whatever. well, at least, not on this forum - that's the old me. Don'cha think it's a little harsh to jump to that conclusion? I really don't mean to seem like that, so, sorry if i do. [/off-topic]

This is why my original Sketchup experiment was labeled an experiment. I knew I was stumbling on some cool technology, but didn't want to be committed to it.

It'd probably be quite helpful for you to send them over :P

and guys, thanks for the support. I'm currently trying to get more references, and i've been playing around with Crisis core scenes. they seem to modelled based on the originals, and some of them would probably be a massive help towards some places. Theoretically, it looks like we could actually USE the Crisis core model for costa de sol. (of course, obviously not going to)
I'll probably have an update next week or something

Some of the CC assests were pretty sweet, but I already did a comparison and they are "re imagined". The train, however is pretty close (Except that it's missing it's left side)

But sadly, PSP ripping is a no-no now. :(

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2009-11-21 18:27:10 »
halkun can you send me your sketchup work?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2009-11-21 20:06:59 »
Neo, this is a great project, and it needs to be done just as much as everything else.  But you might not want to commit so fully to it.  In order to finish this you're going to have to spend hundreds (dare I say thousands?) of hours on it.  I really hope you get another 19 people on your team to cut into this massive amount of work you've undertaken.

Good luck, man.  I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what kind of progress you can pull off.  And if it's still going on once I finish some of my own personal projects, I'll definitely do what I can to help.  Maybe post up a tutorial or two?

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #29 on: 2009-11-21 20:14:48 »
halkun can you send me your sketchup work?

I'll get it to you when I get home

=== UPDATE ===

Sent

Anyone want the walkmesh .obj exports?
« Last Edit: 2009-11-21 21:34:01 by halkun »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #30 on: 2009-11-21 23:19:40 »
Anyone want the walkmesh .obj exports?
yeah, might be handy. send 'em over :P

Neo, this is a great project, and it needs to be done just as much as everything else.  But you might not want to commit so fully to it.  In order to finish this you're going to have to spend hundreds (dare I say thousands?) of hours on it.  I really hope you get another 19 people on your team to cut into this massive amount of work you've undertaken.

Good luck, man.  I'll keep my eye on this thread to see what kind of progress you can pull off.  And if it's still going on once I finish some of my own personal projects, I'll definitely do what I can to help.  Maybe post up a tutorial or two?
Thanks for the support man, and yeah, I really could use some help. I guess i could make a tutorial at some point, but that would have to be in a few weeks time.

Sorry to be so harsh towards you Neo. I was in a very foul mood and it came out in a rude way. I really think this project has great potential and hope everyone working on it much luck. When I finish some other modding projects I do want to help you guys out in finishing this.
No worries dude, and thanks :D

*gets back to work*

Aali

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2009-11-21 23:59:56 »
The walkmeshes are still online at the original URL: http://backup.ninjaloot.se/share/walkmesh.zip

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #32 on: 2009-11-23 09:31:55 »
Now I'm interested to see how my experiments turned out.

Beavii

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2009-11-26 18:28:32 »
Can this be done on xp

having isues opening software

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #34 on: 2009-11-26 18:46:36 »
yup

===EDIT===
Because of a lack of background WIP screenshots, I decided to play with my model on my side.

Picture
« Last Edit: 2009-11-27 00:29:10 by halkun »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-11-27 01:19:28 »
wow. looks good halkun

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #36 on: 2009-11-27 07:19:58 »
Don't tell me I'm the only one working on it :P

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #37 on: 2009-11-27 13:04:48 »
Not at all, i've just been busier than i thought i would have been, so i don't have much to show for myself.

the only problem i'm seeing now is linking this place to the back of the wall, you know where i mean? there doesn't seem to be a definative edge, and i'm pretty sure it's slightly curved as well.

also, i'm curious to know how you got the "gate" part (near the door to the reactor) to look right. have you adjusted the angle since giving your file to me? i've been having a LOT of trouble with angles.

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-11-27 17:37:43 »
when you're done with the area, email it to me in .obj or something w/ textures plz, i'll start work on it when the scene is done

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #39 on: 2009-11-27 23:06:02 »
Not at all, i've just been busier than i thought i would have been, so i don't have much to show for myself.

the only problem i'm seeing now is linking this place to the back of the wall, you know where i mean? there doesn't seem to be a definative edge, and i'm pretty sure it's slightly curved as well.

also, i'm curious to know how you got the "gate" part (near the door to the reactor) to look right. have you adjusted the angle since giving your file to me? i've been having a LOT of trouble with angles.

No angles, the lines just "snap" along the axis. when you pull "up", the pencil tool will follow the blue axis. Look at the youtube tutorials.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #40 on: 2009-11-28 01:12:17 »
i know, wha ti meant was matching up the camera  right, with the 4 axis lines, you know what i mean? with such low res pictures its hard to get accuracy

halkun

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
« Reply #41 on: 2009-11-28 04:39:46 »
Don't worry about accuracy. If you are a half-foot off, it's not going to kill anyone. No need to kill yourself over an error of a few degrees. When I have some time, I'll make a video for you all.

KnifeTheSky77

• Somnambulistic Paraphile
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2009-11-28 16:39:32 »
I'd like to see someone try a screen thats less partial to cubes such as ancnt1 or loslake3.

Also, hakun, can you send me your model. I wanna see how the pros do their work  :roll:

Timu Sumisu

• The Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2009-11-28 18:28:08 »
i dont think sketchup doest irregular shapes that well (not sure exactly which scenes those filenames refered to) It can do curves and all sorts of intersting things, but i imagine its a little less accurate.

secondadvent

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-11-28 18:49:41 »
probably the forgotten city... likely where all of the ginormous seashells are. it has been a while since i looked at those files, but that is where i am guessing knife was referring to :-P.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2009-12-15 06:19:34 »
No news for us, NeoCloudstrife?

How is your work proceeding?  :-)

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #46 on: 2009-12-15 14:43:21 »
Sorry, i've been Trying to get as much done as i can with this. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks ago, I had totally forgotten I had this long strong of exams. I've been pretty much revising every night, and in the time I had free, I've been just testing out which places would be best to start at and stuff. I'm a bit of a perfectionist, however, and usually when i get an angle that i think looks pretty much perfect, an hour later i hit an angle snag that requires me to totally move the point of origin, and everything just looks out and i start over. I think a lot of this will have to be guessed at, too. While testing out junon, there's really no way some of this stuff can be perfectly done. We may have to actually edit the Camera positioning in the field files also.
So, sorry, i have pretty much nothing to show you guys. Perhaps if i had a little help...

Oh, and there's that little matter of no longer beong able to save sketchup files into a format 3Dsmax can read. Maybe i'll have to use blender as a bridge.....again....

Nevermind that, Found a way around it. ;)
« Last Edit: 2009-12-15 15:06:54 by NeoCloudstrife »

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2009-12-15 16:01:17 »
Is there any way to use the walk meshes in google sketchup itself to use as a guide?.

BlitzNCS

• View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #48 on: 2009-12-15 16:24:36 »
Yes, there is, and in fact, i have a dump of all of the walkmeshes. But apparently, they arent much help. admittedly though, i havent experimented with them yet, so i'll see what i can do with them. they actually might help out with junon and it's majorly long road thingies.

Salk

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-12-16 04:52:43 »
Thank you for your update, NeoCloudstrife!

I wish you success and I hope some competent person can step in and help you with this ambitious project!  :wink: