Author Topic: Char.lgp List  (Read 8423 times)

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
Char.lgp List
« on: 2010-05-30 10:58:35 »
This doesn't really merit it's own topic in here, but I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this really.
Anyway, while searching for Wedge's "disguise" suit for future research, I noticed that the only char.lgp list is nowhere near complete. Not only does this mean that I can't find the model I was looking for, but it means that until now, This model has been completely overlooked (unless someone's found it before). Looks like they were gonna build a properly proportioned battle model for jessie, then just stopped?

But yeah, I was thinking, maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make some sort of "Official TA LGP list databases" for every .lgp a we go along and work on them - Could definately come in handy.

halkun

• Global moderator
  • NicoNico :)
    • View Profile
    • Q-Gears Homepage
Re: Char.lgp List
« Reply #1 on: 2010-05-30 11:11:29 »
Look here...
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8874.0

That Jessie is from the Midgar train scene where she is explaining to cloud how the city is put together.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-30 11:13:09 by halkun »

BlitzNCS

• Master of nothing in particular
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube
« Reply #2 on: 2010-05-30 11:30:12 »
Ahah! Thanks. I had seen that thread before, but I thought there was only PSX data in it, so I didn't bother checking. Cheers!

EDIT: It's still not very complete, but I guess it can be updated when we find stuff.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-30 11:33:16 by NCS »

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010-05-30 12:09:18 »
Ahah! Thanks. I had seen that thread before, but I thought there was only PSX data in it, so I didn't bother checking. Cheers!

EDIT: It's still not very complete, but I guess it can be updated when we find stuff.

char.lgp is highly uncomplete in the file reconstruction project, when we get battle nearly done, char is the next on the list. Only a few screens left but I'm having exams at the moment and the progress is halted at least for me. If you start finding stuff please contribute to the sheet :)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-05-30 14:31:32 »
Don't know if its complete but isn't mirex list already complete?? Well at least the hrc file is listed so I don't know if its complete.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-05-30 17:12:59 »
Mirex's isn't complete.   I can't remember off the top of my head, but I know I've had to add/change some things to my personal copy.

Maybe someone should take it upon themselves to go through EVERYTHING in the char.lgp and document it in the Reconstruction Project...

Not it.

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #6 on: 2010-05-30 23:15:44 »
chances are unless some one steps up (that knows about char.lgp) it will be eslava and myself doing it.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010-05-31 03:22:14 »
With what I'm working on now, I will eventually have to document all of it.  It may be a few weeks/months before I do it, but when I start I'll make sure to let you know.   Maybe the 3 of us can split the workload.

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010-05-31 03:23:47 »
With what I'm working on now, I will eventually have to document all of it.  It may be a few weeks/months before I do it, but when I start I'll make sure to let you know.   Maybe the 3 of us can split the workload.

Secret project?

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010-05-31 03:26:12 »
As far as this forum is concerned yes :/

Hint: my signature

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010-05-31 03:30:20 »
Ah gotcha

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #11 on: 2010-05-31 03:32:19 »

sounds good to me , the annoying part is making the links for the referance pictures (but i have that down to a few macros now) and getting the file names in but i think we did that already. then the time consuming part of taking pictures.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010-05-31 03:33:35 »
I know all too well the pains of taking the pictures of just the battle.lgp.     But if there are at least 3 of us, it shouldn't be too bad

Timber

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010-05-31 19:38:29 »
May I ask, what is the best way to go about identifying textures?
Like I see lots of odd textures in biturn, but I have no idea how to figure out where in game it is, or vice versa.

Eslava

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010-05-31 20:33:06 »
May I ask, what is the best way to go about identifying textures?
Like I see lots of odd textures in biturn, but I have no idea how to figure out where in game it is, or vice versa.

Well basically you can try to find out some by applying some common sense. Other method if the first can't be used (happens in a lot of textures) is replacing textures with blank ones and try em ingame to see where do they come from. Unfortunately that's a quite tedious task.
Biturn shows a model with textures in its rsd file, that helps sometimes too.