Author Topic: New problem yay...  (Read 3967 times)

13uRneR

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« on: 2005-01-27 04:57:57 »
I have just installed Final Fantasy 7 on yet another system.... this time it is 1.8 Ghz, ASUS Radeon 9600 se, ALC650 (on board sound) and when I try to run the game the sound skips and performance is slow on any setting, and when the game is minimized, the sound returns to normal until I go back into the game.... (im guessing video card issue...) I have tried many, MANY fixes and patches, nothing seems to work, and all my drivers are up to date

any ideas?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« Reply #1 on: 2005-01-27 05:25:20 »
Have you tried using ff7config to adjust which sound device ff7 uses to play music and sounds?

13uRneR

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« Reply #2 on: 2005-01-27 19:32:33 »
yup, i only have one possibility for sound fx, and for music i have tried using my piano with midi cables, and all of them skip, im wondering if its the way the ASUS radeon is programmed...

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« Reply #3 on: 2005-01-27 19:51:52 »
hmmm...

Are you SURE the drivers on that thing are updated?  Try checking out thier website.  And maybe try installing the yamaha drivers that come with ff7, see if that does anything.

Threesixty

• View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/threesixtyci/
New problem yay...
« Reply #4 on: 2005-01-27 20:53:11 »
It's probably an Audio Codec conflict. Only way to fix that is to unload/remove all the Audio Codecs..... But I only know how to do it on Win98SE, I have yet upgraded to XP. IN Win98 after unloading all of them... You didn't have to do anything. Windows seems to reload them automaticly. They were located in Control Panel under Multimedia on the last Tab, for Win98. I doubt they are in the same place for WinXP... Don't even know if XP will reload them automaticly.

I do plan to move to XP, soon.... As soon as the prices for the newer PCI-Express Motherboards for AMD go down and become more available.

13uRneR

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« Reply #5 on: 2005-01-29 15:32:16 »
Good news, those motherboards are dropping their prices faster every month (Hyperthreaded is coming into light more and more.)

And about the audio codecs, there are a couple of way's to get to them

1: device manager
2: control panel --> sounds and audio devices

I checked no, conflics nothing... but... I was wondering... Is anyone using: AC3filter   ?

DarkestDream

• View Profile
New problem yay...
« Reply #6 on: 2005-01-29 15:41:33 »
Quote from: 13uRneR
Good news, those motherboards are dropping their prices faster every month (Hyperthreaded is coming into light more and more.)

and AMD is too

New problem yay...
« Reply #7 on: 2005-02-03 06:11:09 »
hen I try to run the game the sound skips and performance is slow on any setting, and when the game is minimized, the sound returns to normal until I go back into the game.

I had a similar problem on a Win95 machine wayyy back in the day. It turned out to be a bizarre DirectX issue.