Author Topic: Where Should I Start? (life advice)  (Read 40374 times)

Yarow12

• I am the Epic awesome; I am the Awesom epic
    • View Profile
Re: Where Should I Start? (life advice)
« Reply #25 on: 2011-06-27 04:40:21 »
I have, trust me. I've posted on nine different forums. :P

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2011-06-27 05:27:58 »
And were the eight other forums video game related forums?

Why don't you go see a counselor if you want to talk about your life so much?

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2011-06-27 05:48:49 »
Six are related to video games, three aren't, and two of the three have sub-forums involving video games.
I've already spoken with my parents about it yesterday. Do you have a problem with me? It seems like you do.
I thought people would think more positive of my hopes and dreams considering my revision, but oh willies. I don't think it's too big or too small. Whether it works out or not, I'm going for it.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2011-06-27 06:03:29 »
I have no problem with you. I have no problem with your dreams and whatever you do with your life. I mean it's your life, if you want to waste it trying to accomplish something practically impossible, then go right ahead. But if you want your dream to become known to everyone and for the whole world to take effect from your actions, why are you posting it on a small community dedicated to modding Final Fantasy games?

I'm gonna say this is a troll. If you want to be serious about this dream of yours talk to someone who will actually listen and not think you're absolutely out of your mind. I mean really, what did you expect when you posted this dream on numerous different forums? Did you think you were going to get followers of your dream? Like you would have a small rebel group at your disposal?

And may I ask what your parents said when you told them your dream?

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2011-06-27 06:30:04 »
I posted it here because I wanted input and advice on it. I just don't doubt a forum filled with "game-heads" to lack any intelligent people, and thanks to those intelligent people I've been able to think more clearly on my hopes & dreams and improve them. Haha, jokes on you. I'm joking. >.>
No, I didn't expect any followers. WTF? lol
I told my parents the revised part of my dream including my career plans.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2011-06-27 06:33:08 »
Just because I don't agree with you doesn't make me not intelligent. In this case, it's quite the opposite.

What was your parents response?

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2011-06-27 06:39:15 »
That's not what I mean at all.
I told them both my career plans, and we had a discussion about it. My mother was inside by time I mentioned my hopes & dreams, so I just told my dad. He didn't really say anything. Why do you ask?
Care to tell me about your past and current hopes & dreams, career plans, and your parents reactions to them?
lol Your avatar's the first thing I see everytime I come back to reply. It's just funny considering how "serious" the conversation is.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2011-06-27 06:56:51 »
I'm surprised your parents haven't gone to seek professional help for you.

My goal and dream is to live freely in the land of Equestria. Not just in the land of Equestria, but a little more specific, in Ponyville. I with to be a Pegasus unicorn like Princess Celestia. I want to frolic in the garden and meet friendly animals with Fluttershy. I want to fly around in the sky at the speed of light with Rainbow Dash. I want to help Applejack pick all kinds of apples and eat all sorts of apple products. I want to be a fashion consultant alongside Rarity. I want to party all the time like Pinkie Pie. And I want to find true friends like Twilight Sparkle. This is quite a beautiful dream. I will do all that's in my power to make this come true.

One day I wish to become the Prince of Equestria, rising the sun in the morning, then rising the moon at night. My parents think it's a lovely dream. They've always told me I could become the Prince of Equestria one day. I believe they could be correct.

This is how impractical your dream sounded to me.

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2011-06-27 16:18:29 »
I'm surprised your parents haven't gone to seek professional help for you.

My goal and dream is to live freely in the land of Equestria. Not just in the land of Equestria, but a little more specific, in Ponyville. I with to be a Pegasus unicorn like Princess Celestia. I want to frolic in the garden and meet friendly animals with Fluttershy. I want to fly around in the sky at the speed of light with Rainbow Dash. I want to help Applejack pick all kinds of apples and eat all sorts of apple products. I want to be a fashion consultant alongside Rarity. I want to party all the time like Pinkie Pie. And I want to find true friends like Twilight Sparkle. This is quite a beautiful dream. I will do all that's in my power to make this come true.

One day I wish to become the Prince of Equestria, rising the sun in the morning, then rising the moon at night. My parents think it's a lovely dream. They've always told me I could become the Prince of Equestria one day. I believe they could be correct.

"And I'm the one who needs help. >.>"

This is how impractical your dream sounded to me.

ROFLMAO! Nice. Did you re-read my main post yet? 'Cause you sound like you're just... yeah. I disagree completely, but alas it matters not for I will do as I please and so will you.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
« Reply #34 on: 2011-06-27 17:06:39 »
"And I'm the one who needs help. >.>"

ROFLMAO! Nice. Did you re-read my main post yet? 'Cause you sound like you're just... yeah. I disagree completely, but alas it matters not for I will do as I please and so will you.

this is exactly why you should have expected to get blasted in a forum.

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2011-06-27 17:11:49 »
Not sure what the reason "why" is, but okay.

My plan has changed tremendously. It's now more along the lines of joining movements down there like the Red Cross, and doing what I can through my own stride and with my own money like helping educate the children in anyway I can (having a school built), providing people with food and water, grow some crops, etc. I don't plan to help the entire continent anymore. I'll just pick a area that I believe I can be of the most use to and actually succeed with helping. I no longer plan on getting involved with the drug lords, politics, or "bandits" in any way.
As for my career, I'll be doing some form of technical drafting (not sure which one yet). On the side, I will work with 3D modeling, mapping, and art for video games. I don't plan on getting paid for this, it'll just be a hobby. I'll settle down and start a family whenever I'm ready. Until then, I'll be a virgin for life (abstinence). XD
« Last Edit: 2011-06-27 17:31:14 by Yarow12 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2011-06-27 17:59:42 »
Nice revision.  You'll notice as you get older that your hopes and dreams slowly (and sometimes dramatically) change as life throws its inevitable curve balls at you.  Few and far between are the people who shoot for the moon and actually achieve it.    Big dreams are all well and good, but the more life experiences you check off your list, the more you'll realize the best bet for achieving any of it is to take it small steps at a time and be happy with whatever amount of it you are able to accomplish.

Of course the other option is to not change or adapt and stick with shooting for the stars, but then you're more likely to be bitter about your failure, and will have wasted many precious years for nothing.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #37 on: 2011-06-27 18:16:39 »
Becoming extraordinary is not a matter of of will or personality. You have to have it, certainly, but it's all for naught if not accompanied by luck. As most can't garner this sort of fortune, it's probably more realistic to try and make a modest contribution to affairs with small, but serious good deeds here and there.

I could divulge more about this, but you don't need to hear about my problems. What you do need to ask yourself is this: why is it so, so intolerable that you might not be the greatest figure of the twenty-first century?

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2011-06-27 19:50:58 »
To expand on what Bosola said, you need luck of course, but you also need to learn how to seize opportunities. You have to dare in life, and not be afraid to talk to people (like, to your boss). People who get promoted are rarely the more competent ones ; people who get promoted are just the ones bosses like most (and I'm not throwing rocks at them - it's understandable that you'd want to work with your friends / people you feel good with).

In other words, no matter what your dreams are, you'll never be able to realize them without the right acquaintances. You need to be social, to jump on every opportunity, and to have a lot of luck (be at the right place at the right time).

In my personal case, I might only have the latter (and even though, I don't believe in "luck", only in statistics) - but I'm far from being unhappy : my dreams are modest ones, and I'm working on realizing them. The important thing in life is to feel good on a day to day basis, and to feel useful in the society you're living in. So yeah, joining the Red Cross is a good idea in my book.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2011-06-27 20:47:11 »
Louisiana <---Explains allot. These folk are cut off from the rest of the US. Some say they even inbreed O_O.

Mako, I hate to continue on this after you apologized, but I live in deeply rural ALABAMA.
If louisianna is so-called bad, then we would be much worse.

Alabama is a beautiful state, with good people.I have never once in my 23 years met an inbred person. I lived in california for a few months, and let me tell you, Id be much quicker to believe inbreeding is going on in that crazy upside down place than here,

Not bagging on CALI, my wife is from there and I loved it, but people are CRAZY there, they werent raised in Southern Baptist Christian households and raised to be good people. Maybe 50% of the population was raised to be good people, and you can tell it.

Put it this way, In cali I was at a friends house who happened to sell low-priced, low grade weed. We were watching T.V. and at about 2am on a weekday this 10 y.o. kid knocks on the door.

He comes in and he is trippin on extascy so hard that its RIDICULOUS!He was bouncing off of every wall talking abouit "Im so effed up on E right now!"

He came to buy 5$ worth of weed and only had 3.28 and haggled with my friend until  he said "here just take it and go".

My friend told me if I ever saw 10+ 10 y.o.'s on the corner on bicycles, to stay away, because they form gangs at that age(and have guns, and will rob you)

10 year olds doing extascy at 2am on a schoolnight and being in gangs with guns and robbing people? Yeah the south is a backwards and cut-off place then. Glad we dont have all that craziness here.

Read this and understand it mako and your apology is accepted on my end.
Please feel free to argue any points brought up in this discussion.(Im here to educate)

Also on the inbreeding thing..Ive been from AL my entire life, want me to take a picture of my SAT and ACT scores? Im willing to bet no one on here has them beat.(I was certified a genius at 7 years old and was placed in a gifted curriculum ever since)

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2011-06-27 20:58:20 »
Not bagging on CALI, my wife is from there and I loved it, but people are CRAZY there, they werent raised in Southern Baptist Christian households and raised to be good people.

Opine

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2011-06-27 20:59:04 »
they werent raised in Southern Baptist Christian households and raised to be good people. Maybe 50% of the population was raised to be good people, and you can tell it.

Being raised a certain religious belief ≠ being good people.
I know that's not exactly the point you are making. But I just wanted to point out that plenty of good people come out of households without strict religious beliefs.
And plenty of gang members walk around with crosses on their necks.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2011-06-27 21:03:49 »
And another thing.

Jeff claims to have been in prison on drug charges, and it seems that he was buying drugs in this anecdote, but he is judging Californians and talking about the virtues of a Southern Baptist Christian upbringing. lol

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2011-06-27 21:40:06 »
Also on the inbreeding thing..Ive been from AL my entire life, want me to take a picture of my SAT and ACT scores?
I don't see the correlation with my bad joke but ok. On that same note, I will take your bet. Alabama has always ranked slightly higher then NY in the SAT department. But the particapation in those exams by Alabama is only 9% as N.Y is 89%.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-08-28-sat-table_N.htm

Also there standards I'm sure. Like for instance nursing, if I got my license in say Alabama (for the most part anyway) would not be recognized in N.Y at all.  But a licence in N.Y is recognized around the US! Why? Cause the testing standards in Alabama are considered way to low. :( There are exceptions to this rule. But it is on a per case basis. As NY is one of the the Highest in the country we are recognized everywhere.

I'd imagine is it very similar to the SAT's, some states have higher testing standards, while others do not.... For the record the exams might be the same. But that doesn't mean the teacher leaves the room for the duration of the exam. Or forgets to check to see if you are carrying a smartphone...

But it was just a joke... a bad one at that... and I did say I was sorry.

« Last Edit: 2011-06-27 21:42:43 by Mako »

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2011-06-27 21:54:04 »
I don't see the correlation with my bad joke but ok. On that same note, I will take your bet. Alabama has always ranked slightly higher then NY in the SAT department. But the particapation in those exams by Alabama is only 9% as N.Y is 89%.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/education/2007-08-28-sat-table_N.htm

Also there standards I'm sure. Like for instance nursing, if I got my license in say Alabama (for the most part anyway) would not be recognized in N.Y at all.  But a licence in N.Y is recognized around the US! Why? Cause the testing standards in Alabama are considered way to low. :( There are exceptions to this rule. But it is on a per case basis. As NY is one of the the Highest in the country we are recognized everywhere.

I'd imagine is it very similar to the SAT's, some states have higher testing standards, while others do not.... For the record the exams might be the same. But that doesn't mean the teacher leaves the room for the duration of the exam. Or forgets to check to see if you are carrying a smartphone...

But it was just a joke... a bad one at that... and I did say I was sorry.

That might be fruitless. I once had a beef with Jeff about his boasting and challenged him to show his glorious SAT certificate; instead, he asked obesebear to lock the thread.

And if you want a laugh, look at the stats for Jackson's gap in Alabama:

http://www.city-data.com/city/Jacksons-Gap-Alabama.html

Population in July 2009: 767 (this town is barely bigger than my primary school)

For population 25 years and over in Jacksons' Gap:
High school or higher: 49.5%
Bachelor's degree or higher: 4.8%
Graduate or professional degree: 1.9%

(that's right; half of adults haven't graduated from high school)

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2011-06-27 22:11:05 »
767!? Geez! Here in NY we got more people then that in a local walmart!?

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2011-06-27 22:39:11 »
What you do need to ask yourself is this: why is it so, so intolerable that you might not be the greatest figure of the twenty-first century?
Why? Because Stan Bush told me so. JK XD
It isn't intolerable, and I the way I see it I'm a human male just like everyone else and will die just like everyone else. I know a guy who meets that short description of yours, though. It's so irritating how he is. >.< I'd really like to witness his demise. But anyway, I've been called dumb and considered as such for my entire high school years thus for. I don't expect it to change. Some people have their reasons for believing such things, and others are just idiots themselves. I worry not what other people care of me, only how they treat me. Funny how the two go and hand in hand.

@Armorvil: lol Dare. >.>

Wow, for the SAT, Louisiana has a participation rate of 7, math average of 567, critical reading average of 569, and a writing average of 563. This ain't so bad. How can I get my hands on more statistical information such as this?

I didn't know there were 67 registered sex offenders in Slidell. You'd think it'd be on the city page or something. >.>

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2011-06-27 22:52:21 »
Wow, for the SAT, Louisiana has a participation rate of 7, math average of 567, critical reading average of 569, and a writing average of 563. This ain't so bad. How can I get my hands on more statistical information such as this?
I think that's pretty low considering the participation rate =/

I dunno where to get more info... but (and this might be false) there is this magical place that has TONS of info, where you can sit in the privacy of your own home and gather said facts... but this place if of myth I am sure of it. :D

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2011-06-27 22:54:09 »
I didn't know there were 67 registered sex offenders in Slidell. You'd think it'd be on the city page or something. >.>

Your town has a disgraceful crime rate in general.

And I lol'd when I saw how unobservant your Catholics are. ;D

Yarow12

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2011-06-27 22:57:36 »
And I lol'd when I saw how unobservant your Catholics are. ;D
Unobservant? Towards what?