Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836495 times)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #6725 on: 2018-03-20 00:18:08 »
Hey Sega, it's been a long time since I've played this wonderful mod, but just as I was reaching Costa Del Sol I realized that my stats were ridiculous. Cloud is rank 2 at this point and it was only after I chose the second ranks sources that I realized they were giving 5 stats per source leading to cloud, with no stat boosting armor or materia, having a massive 193 strength 128 vitality, and 114 luck. I'm playing the March 10th 2018 version of the mod with all the current fixes and everything, on arrange mode. It was a big surprise as well that summon materia seems to give +50 strength, vitality, magic and magic defense, but I assumed that was normal. What about the sources? These stats seem super broken, against Jenova Vector cloud was attacking for almost 2000 damage at level 24. Apart from the seemingly super stats, some of the documentation is throwing me for a loop. Several bosses seem to have morph items in the enemy items document, all of which I have reluctantly tried to no avail, some bosses haven't even dropped an item when they have one in the list. Jenova vector didn't even summon any minions at the start of the fight like I had seen in MoCheese's 1.5 arrange video on it. I assumed most of the items being off in the list were due to playing arrange and the documentation was made with normal in mind, but the vector fight was what really confused me. Any help you can provide is much apprieciated.

So here's a run-down of how the latest build is supposed to work.

Executable adjustments were added that change materia equip effects, source point allocation (1 source = 5 points to the stat), and some other general adjustments. The other files were also adjusted to account for this, with rank-up intended to only give 1 or 2 sources per stat (+5 and +10 respectively) and Materia assigned to their new equip effect indexes.

However, it seems that you're getting the old source allocations where it was 1 source = 1 point, but you're getting +5 from each source due to the executable hack so your stats are x5 higher than what they should be. The materia equip indexes are also wrong, meaning you're getting the wrong bonuses/penalties on the materia (the +50 to stats was intended for HP<>MP Swap Materia only, Summon Materia is supposed to have penalties on it).

I'll check the files just now to make sure that the kernel/flevel provided with it are correct.

Edit: The files in the patch templates appear to be correct, but I noticed you said 'I'm playing the March 10th 2018 version of the mod with all the current fixes'; there are no fixes yet for the March 10th version, but there are old hotfixes that I haven't removed yet from the front page (November 2017); did you apply these to your game? That would explain why the core files are using pre-EXE values if so.

I'll remove the hotfix patches in any case, they're out of date.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-20 00:26:01 by Sega Chief »

Soulofsteel

• View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: 2018-03-20 05:11:24 »
Thank god none of that was intended, I feel like several materia might be off due to that. So you're right I did apply both of the previously listed hotfixes and I was trying to figure out why I did that, and unless im crazy, the current build of the mod lists september 12 2017. I hope what I did was saw that and saw the patches which I think were from a week after that and so I downloaded them without looking at the dates again until I noticed a problem in the game. Either I'm crazy or just unobservant but either way I appreciate the help. Are the item related anomalies because of this as well? I saved pretty intensely so I can go back a select distance to be before the huge stat gains as well as redo anything I may have missed out on. For example, I think the first time I was confused was with Thousand, Airhawk, and Thunder gunner, Thunder being the one with a morph of bolt ring, which I did kill with morph to no avail. Light Nation as well has a peace ring morph though he seemed to be impervious to all damage making that null, and Barbariccia GT (granted the documents listed Rubicante GT which is why I assumed it was an arrange related issue) that has a fire ring morph that also didn't happen. Illuyankas gave no morph item or drop despite them listed as typhoon ring and howl comb, and lastly jenova vector who didn't morph into a diamond bangle, didn't summon minions that it says are morphable, but did drop the listed white cape. Sorry for listing so many different fights, I just hate missing things. Thanks again for the help and any more you can give.

Edit: I went back to the gunners fight and thunder did in fact morph into a bolt ring, not sure if I should start there or start over completely.

Edit 2: Light Nation still seems immune to all damage, so I'm not sure what to take away from that.

Edit 3: Just noticed clouds innate was changed from what I saw before which was still second wind, something I was confused about seeing as it was in the documentation but I was still seeing second wind, so I assume second wind is now Cids as listed? Also I have been looking for ultimate weapon damage formulas that I thought used to be in the documentation but I can no longer find, could you list any that aren't the same as the base game?
« Last Edit: 2018-03-20 05:56:12 by Soulofsteel »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6727 on: 2018-03-20 11:22:32 »
Thank god none of that was intended, I feel like several materia might be off due to that. So you're right I did apply both of the previously listed hotfixes and I was trying to figure out why I did that, and unless im crazy, the current build of the mod lists september 12 2017. I hope what I did was saw that and saw the patches which I think were from a week after that and so I downloaded them without looking at the dates again until I noticed a problem in the game. Either I'm crazy or just unobservant but either way I appreciate the help. Are the item related anomalies because of this as well? I saved pretty intensely so I can go back a select distance to be before the huge stat gains as well as redo anything I may have missed out on. For example, I think the first time I was confused was with Thousand, Airhawk, and Thunder gunner, Thunder being the one with a morph of bolt ring, which I did kill with morph to no avail. Light Nation as well has a peace ring morph though he seemed to be impervious to all damage making that null, and Barbariccia GT (granted the documents listed Rubicante GT which is why I assumed it was an arrange related issue) that has a fire ring morph that also didn't happen. Illuyankas gave no morph item or drop despite them listed as typhoon ring and howl comb, and lastly jenova vector who didn't morph into a diamond bangle, didn't summon minions that it says are morphable, but did drop the listed white cape. Sorry for listing so many different fights, I just hate missing things. Thanks again for the help and any more you can give.

Edit: I went back to the gunners fight and thunder did in fact morph into a bolt ring, not sure if I should start there or start over completely.

Edit 2: Light Nation still seems immune to all damage, so I'm not sure what to take away from that.

Edit 3: Just noticed clouds innate was changed from what I saw before which was still second wind, something I was confused about seeing as it was in the documentation but I was still seeing second wind, so I assume second wind is now Cids as listed? Also I have been looking for ultimate weapon damage formulas that I thought used to be in the documentation but I can no longer find, could you list any that aren't the same as the base game?

2nd Wind was passed to Cid as his Barrier stuff was interfering with status effects. Cloud's innate was changed to a stacking damage up buff whenever Limit Breaks are used.

Ultimate Weapon damage formulas are the same currently as the base game, but I shuffled them about a bit:

-) Ultima Weapon: Same, uses Current HP as a modifier
-) Missing Score: Same, but available Materia slots were reduced
-) Premium Heart: Uses Current MP as a modifier
-) Princess Guard: Restores HP and can inflict Shield on hit ('damage' dealt is increased if any allies are currently KO'd)
-) Limited Moon: Uses Limit Break gauge & Limit Level as a modifier
-) Conformer: Same, uses enemy Level as a modifier
-) Cait Sith: Damage dealt is equal to difference between MaxHP and Current HP
-) Death Penalty: No special formula, but ignores Defence
-) Venus Gospel: No special formula, but absorbs damage dealt as HP
-) Masamune: No special formula, but always lands critical hits and can be equipped by any character (uses same model as character's starting weapon)

Claymore

• View Profile
« Reply #6728 on: 2018-03-20 18:51:46 »
Was recommended this Mod and been having a blast playing it, but I've now hit a brick wall. Most of the Bosses have been tricky, especially because of their status changes and 2-3 moves in a row that they sometimes do, but they have been manageable ... that was until the Valiant Clod. Even in the back row, he is dealing 2000+ damage to my team and that is WITH Wall active. I'm level 65 and the HP is at the 4000 range. Two hits and that's it - game over. If I don't react quick enough to cast it the moment it runs out, that battle is over in an instant. And that's on top of the status changes, his counters, and the dual / triple moves in a row ... it's just far too much. I'm forced to have Aerith doing nothing but healing and reviving, Cid as a backup reviver or Ether giver to Aerith, and Cloud is the only attacker - but he is doing next to no damage.

Is something wrong with my version or is it meant to be this difficult?

Sac Moldave

• View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: 2018-03-21 15:22:02 »
Hi !! Sorry to disturb you again ((i don't knwo where to post this) But my game crashed at the scene with Bugenhagen CD2 (when they talk about ancients at Cosmo Canyon). Barret and Tifa flyed away through the door and...Crash...I tried many times times but nothing changes the issue :/
I suppose you already anwer to this problem but...Please D:
Anyway your mod is just...GREAT thanks you a lot ! :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6730 on: 2018-03-22 02:13:22 »
Was recommended this Mod and been having a blast playing it, but I've now hit a brick wall. Most of the Bosses have been tricky, especially because of their status changes and 2-3 moves in a row that they sometimes do, but they have been manageable ... that was until the Valiant Clod. Even in the back row, he is dealing 2000+ damage to my team and that is WITH Wall active. I'm level 65 and the HP is at the 4000 range. Two hits and that's it - game over. If I don't react quick enough to cast it the moment it runs out, that battle is over in an instant. And that's on top of the status changes, his counters, and the dual / triple moves in a row ... it's just far too much. I'm forced to have Aerith doing nothing but healing and reviving, Cid as a backup reviver or Ether giver to Aerith, and Cloud is the only attacker - but he is doing next to no damage.

Is something wrong with my version or is it meant to be this difficult?

There's been a lot of changes recently, I'll need a copy of your save file so I can run it and compare damage on the current files/check character stats and the like. Are you running the latest build with the executable changes?

Hi !! Sorry to disturb you again ((i don't knwo where to post this) But my game crashed at the scene with Bugenhagen CD2 (when they talk about ancients at Cosmo Canyon). Barret and Tifa flyed away through the door and...Crash...I tried many times times but nothing changes the issue :/
I suppose you already anwer to this problem but...Please D:
Anyway your mod is just...GREAT thanks you a lot ! :D

First off, make sure it's the latest version (March); there are no hotfixes for this version yet so don't apply any. The problem will probably have something to do with Aeris as that's caused problems in the past but they were resolved. If updating to the latest files didn't work or you already have them in, then you can try using the debug NPC on the highwind to toggle Aeris temporarily and see if the alternate version of the scene proceeds as intended; the NPC is a technician in grey/orange and can be found wandering around close to the entrance of the Highwind's Chocobo Pen, next to the black-cloaked merchant. Talk to him and he should ask if you want to add/remove Aeris.

If the issue persists with either scene, then I'll need to check it but I'm very short on time right now because of project deadlines. Let me know if any of the above suggestions work, and whether you still have Aeris or not (that'll let me know which of the two scenes are broken) or if you're using NT with any other mods.

Claymore

• View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: 2018-03-22 06:35:36 »
There's been a lot of changes recently, I'll need a copy of your save file so I can run it and compare damage on the current files/check character stats and the like. Are you running the latest build with the executable changes?

Yeah I downloaded the latest version.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/drnqia1fh5la355/save00.ff7?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l3xe3h5n4qcrvhn/metadata.xml?dl=0

shadowdarkraven

• View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: 2018-03-22 23:27:42 »
Hello! i recently started playing FF7 again and downloaded this mod... I LOVE IT SO MUCH. i think i have been having a bug but im not sure, im on disc 3 and sometimes when im fighting clouds damage starts off normal in a fight but then suddenly dips down to 1-5 dmg per hit for the rest of the fight. i noticed this happening during the ultima weapon fight, id be hitting for 500 then suddenly 3, 3, 5, 1.  i even downloaded black chocobo and maxed his STR and went and did his dide quest. during that fight things were normal for the first minute or so then started hitting for 2-5. even limit breaks werent hitting hard and i checked to see if there were buffs like barrier etc... it doesn't affect magic attacks just clouds melee and also while fighting ultima weapon redxii and vincents attacks were still doing normal damage. i apologize for the scatteredness of this post

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: 2018-03-22 23:44:29 »
Loaded the file, looked through the team, and ran the fight. Here's what I've got:

Spoiler: show

Cloud has 202 Attack, 220 Defence, 68 Magic, and 145 Magic Defence - Front Row
Aerith has 84 Attack, 198 Defence, 179 Magic, and 174 Magic Defence - Back Row
Cid has 242 Attack, 146 Defence, 49 Magic, and 116 Magic Defence - Front Row

I kept the materia, equipment, etc. the same and went into the battle to check damage. I took some screens to show damage difference between the three characters from various physical attacks. First we have W-Machine Gun against the party with barrier up:

https://imgur.com/a/gADH5

Cid took the most damage at 919, which would double to 1800 or so if Barrier wasn't up. Cloud's defence seems much tankier by comparison, taking 300 (600 without barrier). If Crits land then I think this damage would multiply up by 2x; so 3600 max for Cid (not counting variance so maybe as high as 4000 max with no mitigation if a crit lands on him). Next is the single-target Punch:

https://imgur.com/a/q2Njz

This seems roughly as strong as Machine Gun, dealing 550 damage to Aeris compared to 500. I think its base power is 40 vs. Machine Gun's 32. Next is the HEAT Missile:

https://imgur.com/a/rMMiu

Cloud took the least damage against Machine Gun but he takes a lot more damage from this attack. It's likely this would deal exponentially more damage against Cid who has about 80 less defence (this is equal to 160 less defence compared to vanilla stats).

As for inflicting damage, I was dealing about 10-20 against Clod's main body while the Jamar Armour was intact. The Armour took the expected amount of damage, about 500-1000 from physicals, 3700 or so from Aeris' Hydro spell. Once it died, the boss' defence fell and took similar amounts of damage from that point onward.

I'll need to know how much damage each of your party members takes individually from a non-critical Machine Gun to determine if the numbers match up. I've posted some strategy stuff below as well for prepping the fight.

For optimisation, it'd be a good shout to give Cid and Cloud some Elemental Materia into their weapon combo'd with Lightning or Water for 2x damage on their physicals. If you don't mind burning an Elixir or Turbo Ether during the fight then Hydro can be buffed up using MP Turbo over MP Absorb. Cid should prob drop Comet and just focus on physicals, you've a spare Added Cut in there that could go onto his Steal/Mug for a makeshift 2x-Cut instead of Command Counter.

Fury seemed to work OK, but it caused Hydro to miss a few times and I only got one set of Limit Breaks during the fight for it.

For opening the fight, I had Aeris start with Regen, Cid use Wall on himself, and Cloud used Barrier on himself; we went after the Jamar Armour first (more or less have to due to the defence on the main body). You could maybe swap the two Barrier Materia that Cloud and Cid have so that you can make use of Wall + All instead of Barrier + All as Clod has some powerful magical attacks to watch out for later in the fight like Beam Cannon.

If status ailments are causing trouble then bring in your Added Effect Materia and attach them to the status magic that is proving most problematic in the fight. Paralysis unfortunately can't be covered with Added Effect due to a limitation with Materia flags but you could sacrifice the accessory slot for Jem Ring to block that status on someone with access to Heal Materia so they can always be available to use Esuna; that or Remedy/Soft will heal Paralysis as well.

Hello! i recently started playing FF7 again and downloaded this mod... I LOVE IT SO MUCH. i think i have been having a bug but im not sure, im on disc 3 and sometimes when im fighting clouds damage starts off normal in a fight but then suddenly dips down to 1-5 dmg per hit for the rest of the fight. i noticed this happening during the ultima weapon fight, id be hitting for 500 then suddenly 3, 3, 5, 1.  i even downloaded black chocobo and maxed his STR and went and did his dide quest. during that fight things were normal for the first minute or so then started hitting for 2-5. even limit breaks werent hitting hard and i checked to see if there were buffs like barrier etc... it doesn't affect magic attacks just clouds melee and also while fighting ultima weapon redxii and vincents attacks were still doing normal damage. i apologize for the scatteredness of this post

It's probably the Limit stacks, thinking about it I've no handler for stat capping so what's happening is the game is attempting to add Strength/Magic even if this would take it past 255 at which point it'll wrap back down to 0. Stats can go past 255 to 510 but this can only be done under certain circumstances using certain methods.

I'll add a handler to his character AI to prevent this from happening.
« Last Edit: 2018-03-23 14:27:22 by Sega Chief »

whacker

• View Profile
« Reply #6734 on: 2018-03-23 02:40:20 »
I've had my eye on this mod for a year or so and finally just got around to trying it out. It's great.
I just reached the rankup introduction in the mythril caves and instead of getting the expected amount of sources I only received 1, 2, or 3 of each on the characters I ranked up. I assume this isn't supposed to be. I went ahead and fought a few battles and went to fort condor's save and rankupped Aeris and Yuffie and the same occurred.
I'm playing the steam version with the newest IRO on arrange mode. All my other mods are graphical in nature, animations, minigames, 60 fps tweak, etc...,which I don't believe would conflict in any way. I've also tried disabling all mods except for new threat and the same issue occurs.

Edit: I figured it out. The number of sources I was getting was correct, but the stats I was getting from them were not. I did a reinstall of ff7 and the NT 1.5 IRO and the same problem occurred. I then disabled the IRO and used the installer and it fixed the problem. It seems the stats from sources in the 1.5 IRO are not correct.

« Last Edit: 2018-03-24 08:29:36 by whacker »

Claymore

• View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: 2018-03-23 06:48:42 »
Thanks for the in-depth reply. I will load it up again tonight and double check those numbers and events. I think what you said earlier must have been the problem then - as the Bosses' criticals seemed to land really frequently and hitting for the 3800-4200 mark or so (from my memory) and wiping the entire team out (sans a 200 HP Aerith if her Wall is still active). And he always follows up with another attack or two in quick succession so my constant Reviving of everyone just ends up being futile.

Will try out the tactics you mentioned to see if that will tip the scales. I've been fine with the Mod and other difficult Boss Battles so far, but this battle really stopped me in my tracks. If Cid is my weak link with his defence, I'll just swap him out for the fight as well.

Arkanim94

• View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: 2018-03-24 11:21:25 »
I've had my eye on this mod for a year or so and finally just got around to trying it out. It's great.
I just reached the rankup introduction in the mythril caves and instead of getting the expected amount of sources I only received 1, 2, or 3 of each on the characters I ranked up. I assume this isn't supposed to be. I went ahead and fought a few battles and went to fort condor's save and rankupped Aeris and Yuffie and the same occurred.
I'm playing the steam version with the newest IRO on arrange mode. All my other mods are graphical in nature, animations, minigames, 60 fps tweak, etc...,which I don't believe would conflict in any way. I've also tried disabling all mods except for new threat and the same issue occurs.

Edit: I figured it out. The number of sources I was getting was correct, but the stats I was getting from them were not. I did a reinstall of ff7 and the NT 1.5 IRO and the same problem occurred. I then disabled the IRO and used the installer and it fixed the problem. It seems the stats from sources in the 1.5 IRO are not correct.
you have to use the custom ff7.exe that is bundled with the iro for it to work or the sources will give you 1 point rather than the intended 5.

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: 2018-03-24 17:13:45 »
What gives? I've been chasing Ultima Weapon for over an hour and he won't stop over Cosmo Canyon. Is there something different I have to do?

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6738 on: 2018-03-24 18:09:47 »
What gives? I've been chasing Ultima Weapon for over an hour and he won't stop over Cosmo Canyon. Is there something different I have to do?

Nevermind, ignore. I forgot how the mechanics worked for those fights.

rc2112

• View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: 2018-03-24 18:51:32 »
Real questions:

It seems like some of the items you need for the ultimate weapons are located at the bottom of the northern crater (Heaven's Cloud, Synthesis Cell). Is there an option before the final battle to return to the world map or something?

Also, are all the HP modifiers for Safer Sephiroth still intact? Or have then been modified too?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: 2018-03-25 02:13:19 »
Real questions:

It seems like some of the items you need for the ultimate weapons are located at the bottom of the northern crater (Heaven's Cloud, Synthesis Cell). Is there an option before the final battle to return to the world map or something?

Also, are all the HP modifiers for Safer Sephiroth still intact? Or have then been modified too?

Iron Giant can now be found on the Left-Down path of the crater, so they aren't locked behind the point of no return. Synthesis Cell though can only be obtained after that point.

Safer has no HP modifiers now, same with Bizarro.

Raskis

• View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: 2018-03-25 23:03:40 »
Hello Sega.

I'm actually trying this mod for the 2 time, on arrange, and the experience so far is very satisfactory, while challenging bosses and even normal battles, but not feeling likeI'm stucking (except for the Illuyankas, that boss destroyed the crap out of me).
While I reached Midgar on 2 Disc, the monsters stopped being an almost challenge to become an odyssey. Before Midgar, monsters hits Cloud for 500-1000 dmg (he has 5k HP). I entered Midgar and BAM, 3-4k per hit, while oders just simply 1 hit him if I don´t put barrier on him.
The Valiant Clod boss is... weird. The first 2 tries he hits like a truck, the cannon hits for 6k, 1hko the whole party if not protected. The third time, he stopped, and started to hit like a child (compared to the other 2 tries), still being a challenge.

Well, I'm now on northern crater, I can't use mages, the materia lowers their HP so much, and having 3k HP (even on the back row) is suicide.
Cloud if not protected, is useless.

I don't know, it's feels like they're bugged or something (thinking that because of the Valiant Clod I've already tell).

Cloud:
HP: 5438  /  PM: 673
Strength: 139
Dexterity: 88
Vitality: 124
Magic: 76
Spirit: 113
Luck: 89

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6742 on: 2018-03-26 22:26:41 »
Hello Sega.

I'm actually trying this mod for the 2 time, on arrange, and the experience so far is very satisfactory, while challenging bosses and even normal battles, but not feeling likeI'm stucking (except for the Illuyankas, that boss destroyed the crap out of me).
While I reached Midgar on 2 Disc, the monsters stopped being an almost challenge to become an odyssey. Before Midgar, monsters hits Cloud for 500-1000 dmg (he has 5k HP). I entered Midgar and BAM, 3-4k per hit, while oders just simply 1 hit him if I don´t put barrier on him.
The Valiant Clod boss is... weird. The first 2 tries he hits like a truck, the cannon hits for 6k, 1hko the whole party if not protected. The third time, he stopped, and started to hit like a child (compared to the other 2 tries), still being a challenge.

Well, I'm now on northern crater, I can't use mages, the materia lowers their HP so much, and having 3k HP (even on the back row) is suicide.
Cloud if not protected, is useless.

I don't know, it's feels like they're bugged or something (thinking that because of the Valiant Clod I've already tell).

Cloud:
HP: 5438  /  PM: 673
Strength: 139
Dexterity: 88
Vitality: 124
Magic: 76
Spirit: 113
Luck: 89

This happened before with the HP when materia equip bonuses/penalties were introduced, I might need to stick with default HP modifiers for the time being to avoid this problem.

KNOCKBACK

• View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: 2018-03-28 01:41:36 »
Hello there,

Sorry if this was alreaady discussed, but I think there is some kind of bug/glitch with the Jörmungad boss (the Water Serpent in Junon).

The game is WAY harder, I get it, but this Boss is hitting me by 1300+ damage with Tail Slap. Even with Barrier, my group can't deal with it.

I'm level 21. I need to grind to defeat it?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6744 on: 2018-03-29 21:16:20 »
Hello there,

Sorry if this was alreaady discussed, but I think there is some kind of bug/glitch with the Jörmungad boss (the Water Serpent in Junon).

The game is WAY harder, I get it, but this Boss is hitting me by 1300+ damage with Tail Slap. Even with Barrier, my group can't deal with it.

I'm level 21. I need to grind to defeat it?

Arrange Mode was intended for people who had previously beat the mod on its normal setting so it has a few bosses that are a lot tougher than their normal mode counterparts. Jorm in particular causes problems whereas Illuyankas/Bottomswell on normal mode is a lot more manageable.

This is one of the few fights where there's no advantage to having anyone in the front row as Jorm can't be reached with short-range attacks and there's no Long Range Materia that early in the game so move everyone to the back for this one. Barrier+All and Cover on someone like Barret with high defence (Protect Vest) should be more than enough to deal with the physical attacks early on (apply Sadness to the characters as well if not for another 30% damage reduction though this'll cost you Limit Breaks and make the fight last longer).

Antidotes are useful for dealing with Venomstrike as they heal Poison and Dual-Drain (reverse-regen). You can also combine Elemental with Heal Materia for some early Water element protection which'll reduce damage from Cyclone and Wave by 50% (or you can combine it with Fire to reduce damage from Tropic Breath instead).

Attack-wise, Choco-Mog can be useful for 'pushing' a phase so if there's a particular phase where he's too dangerous then save it for then to knock his HP down and progress him to the next phase sooner. For regular attacks, bolt spells and Bolt + Elemental in a character's weapon is a good shout if you're not using Elemental for defence.

As for party, I'd take Barret and give him the support materia like Barrier, Cure, etc. with Cover and Counter-Attack on him. Try and lift his defence with a Protect Vest if you have one, and any good physical defence armour you might have. Aeris can also be useful here for slinging Bolt/Choco-Mog and Healing Wind can help you out of a tight spot; having her in Fury status could also help as it means you'll get a lot of Heaing Winds to keep your party alive, but it might make her spells miss. She can also Defend to absorb elemental damage in a pinch.

Neon Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: 2018-03-29 23:11:28 »
Hey y'all newbie here to this mod and forums, was looking for some info on something I encountered during the game that I'm confused about was hoping you could shed some light on it.

Was playing through and got up to where I've collected 3 of the mega materia and heading towards rocket town for the next segment, and all of the sudden in every battle it now randomly says Cloud Limit Stack+ constantly at the top in every battle.  It never did this before.

Is this a known bug?  Did Cloud develop some sort of new ability that I am not aware of?   Thought my game may have bugged out so I re-applied the mod but it's still happening.

If anyone can tell me what's up with this?  I assume that it's either a- some older passive ability that he had in a previous build of the mod or b- telling me when he builds towards second wind now for some reason.

Love this mod btw thank you for breathing life into a beloved classic.

zuloph

• View Profile
« Reply #6746 on: 2018-03-30 07:55:04 »
I'm going to be attempting to beat the current 1.5 build on Arrange mode without using the rank up system because why not, I'm bored. I'll be streaming the entire run too and highlighting all the vods so they're saved forever. Feel free to check it out if you want https://www.twitch.tv/zuloph/

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: 2018-03-30 13:34:03 »
Hey y'all newbie here to this mod and forums, was looking for some info on something I encountered during the game that I'm confused about was hoping you could shed some light on it.

Was playing through and got up to where I've collected 3 of the mega materia and heading towards rocket town for the next segment, and all of the sudden in every battle it now randomly says Cloud Limit Stack+ constantly at the top in every battle.  It never did this before.

Is this a known bug?  Did Cloud develop some sort of new ability that I am not aware of?   Thought my game may have bugged out so I re-applied the mod but it's still happening.

If anyone can tell me what's up with this?  I assume that it's either a- some older passive ability that he had in a previous build of the mod or b- telling me when he builds towards second wind now for some reason.

Love this mod btw thank you for breathing life into a beloved classic.

In the new build, Cloud's innate ability was moved to Cid (2nd Wind) and Cloud was given a new one; when someone uses a Limit Break he gets a STR/MAG boost. The 2nd Wind that Cid has also behaves a little differently, you use the Defend command to trigger it when its charged.

KNOCKBACK

• View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: 2018-03-30 14:29:35 »
Arrange Mode was intended for people who had previously beat the mod on its normal setting so it has a few bosses that are a lot tougher than their normal mode counterparts. Jorm in particular causes problems whereas Illuyankas/Bottomswell on normal mode is a lot more manageable.

This is one of the few fights where there's no advantage to having anyone in the front row as Jorm can't be reached with short-range attacks and there's no Long Range Materia that early in the game so move everyone to the back for this one. Barrier+All and Cover on someone like Barret with high defence (Protect Vest) should be more than enough to deal with the physical attacks early on (apply Sadness to the characters as well if not for another 30% damage reduction though this'll cost you Limit Breaks and make the fight last longer).

Antidotes are useful for dealing with Venomstrike as they heal Poison and Dual-Drain (reverse-regen). You can also combine Elemental with Heal Materia for some early Water element protection which'll reduce damage from Cyclone and Wave by 50% (or you can combine it with Fire to reduce damage from Tropic Breath instead).

Attack-wise, Choco-Mog can be useful for 'pushing' a phase so if there's a particular phase where he's too dangerous then save it for then to knock his HP down and progress him to the next phase sooner. For regular attacks, bolt spells and Bolt + Elemental in a character's weapon is a good shout if you're not using Elemental for defence.

As for party, I'd take Barret and give him the support materia like Barrier, Cure, etc. with Cover and Counter-Attack on him. Try and lift his defence with a Protect Vest if you have one, and any good physical defence armour you might have. Aeris can also be useful here for slinging Bolt/Choco-Mog and Healing Wind can help you out of a tight spot; having her in Fury status could also help as it means you'll get a lot of Heaing Winds to keep your party alive, but it might make her spells miss. She can also Defend to absorb elemental damage in a pinch.

I've tried to put everyone on Back Row, Sadness and with Barrier up, not the damage is 200~ish.

BUT the boss has 15000 HP! My resources can't keep it up with such enourmous health, with every bolt hitting 300~ish.

Neon Samurai

• View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: 2018-03-30 15:13:00 »
Amazing. 

Thanks for the quick response.  I must have updated it and not realized it.

Love that Cid has that now.  He was really the only character whom I didn't really care for his innate ability.

Thanks again for all you've done.