Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4881334 times)

Tavarcio

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.35)
« Reply #2650 on: 2016-02-10 09:02:38 »
Is there a way to install only those awesome models? It's not like I don't like the mod but I haven't played ff7 in a while and I wanted to play a regular game before trying game changing mods, that said, I really liked those models and I wouldn't mind doing a playtrough with them.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2651 on: 2016-02-10 18:07:42 »
You mean the field models? I'll see what I can do.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2652 on: 2016-02-10 18:30:59 »
Yes, the models. I saw way back in the thread that you could patch a copy of the data folder then grab some specific folders from that patched copied data folder and paste them in the actual data folder of the game.

I know I probably explained all of that backwards but I think you get the gist of it. Could you just do that for the field model files? I dont know what they're called so I haven't really tried it tho.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2653 on: 2016-02-10 18:33:01 »
Yeah, I'm making a char.lgp just now. The thing is that I replaced Young Cid and some duplicate NPC with two new ones before I realised I could make new designations starting from zzzz, so this one I'm making will have those two field models restored for use with default scenes.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2654 on: 2016-02-10 18:41:26 »
You rock dude, thanks!

Daniel7plainview

• View Profile
« Reply #2655 on: 2016-02-11 22:45:29 »
Sup guys, I Just started playing new threat 1.35 and its been flawless so far. I just realized that aerith has mp regen and ive been searching the forums to figure out what the other characters innate abilities are but to no avail. Can someone fill me in on that or maybe a link to some sort of official 1.35 changelog?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2656 on: 2016-02-11 23:06:00 »
Alright, update on NT; I've a week's holiday coming up that starts after next week so that's almost certainly the time when 1.4 will be finished and released. I've been trickling time into it when I can, and now approaching the last areas of the game (about five left: Underwater Reactor, Ancient Forest, Gelnika, Midgar Raid, and Crater).

I've also got to go through the script and get that Yuffie flag swapped over for Aeris, tweak some of the new sidequests and events, then revise the Arrange AI. I'm probably just going to ditch the Original/Arrange naming because it's confusing; not sure what the replacements will be (suggestions welcome) but the new Arrange description will make it very clear that it is a harder version of the mod w/ a warning confirmation for both modes when selecting.

I'm just worried that people will default to it like last time if I call it 'Hard Mode' :I

But so far everything seems to be holding up. Enemy physical attacks fell away going into Disc 2 but I reinforced them and added some additional tricks to buffer them a bit; EXP gains scale much more sharply now so pushing into new areas should be much more rewarding than stopping to grind up (standard enemies give 7-8k, compared to about 2000 in Temple of the Ancients for an example).

So 28th for release, a mere month overdue  :-X

Sup guys, I Just started playing new threat 1.35 and its been flawless so far. I just realized that aerith has mp regen and ive been searching the forums to figure out what the other characters innate abilities are but to no avail. Can someone fill me in on that or maybe a link to some sort of official 1.35 changelog?

The 1.35 Innates are:

Cloud: Gains boost to Level when hit by magical damage, this raises phys/mag damage, increases Steal/Manip success, etc.

Barret: Gains defence if hit by a physical attack while in the back row, but gains Strength instead if he's in the front row (up to five stacks). He can't have two different stacks though, so gaining a defensive stack will revert all strength stacks to 0 and vice-versa.

Tifa: When Sense is used, she gains a Strength boost

Aeris: MP Regen

Red XIII: As the battle goes on, he slowly gains Attack and Magic up to a maximum of +30

Cait Sith: Rage System, if Morph is used on him while he is either under Poisoned, Silenced, Sadness, or Fury then an auto-AI will kick in with it's own special moveset. Silence has him use Mime, for instance.

Yuffie: If hit by physical damage, she'll gain 255% evasion until hit by magic.

Vincent: Innate immunity to Fire, Bolt, Poison, and Death status.

Cid: When critical HP, his Luck is doubled.

These innates are a bit shaky, though. A lot of them have been revised or changed completely for the upcoming 1.4 build.

That reminds me, I added new text that details a joining character's Innate ability but I'd better add that information somewhere it can be accessed at any time. Maybe Beginner's Hall, Junon's Respectable Inn, and a new guy on the Highwind itself.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #2657 on: 2016-02-12 00:04:03 »
Alright, update on NT; I've a week's holiday coming up that starts after next week so that's almost certainly the time when 1.4 will be finished and released. I've been trickling time into it when I can, and now approaching the last areas of the game (about five left: Underwater Reactor, Ancient Forest, Gelnika, Midgar Raid, and Crater).

I've also got to go through the script and get that Yuffie flag swapped over for Aeris, tweak some of the new sidequests and events, then revise the Arrange AI. I'm probably just going to ditch the Original/Arrange naming because it's confusing; not sure what the replacements will be (suggestions welcome) but the new Arrange description will make it very clear that it is a harder version of the mod w/ a warning confirmation for both modes when selecting.

I'm just worried that people will default to it like last time if I call it 'Hard Mode' :I

But so far everything seems to be holding up. Enemy physical attacks fell away going into Disc 2 but I reinforced them and added some additional tricks to buffer them a bit; EXP gains scale much more sharply now so pushing into new areas should be much more rewarding than stopping to grind up (standard enemies give 7-8k, compared to about 2000 in Temple of the Ancients for an example).

So 28th for release, a mere month overdue  :-X

The 1.35 Innates are:

Cloud: Gains boost to Level when hit by magical damage, this raises phys/mag damage, increases Steal/Manip success, etc.

Barret: Gains defence if hit by a physical attack while in the back row, but gains Strength instead if he's in the front row (up to five stacks). He can't have two different stacks though, so gaining a defensive stack will revert all strength stacks to 0 and vice-versa.

Tifa: When Sense is used, she gains a Strength boost

Aeris: MP Regen

Red XIII: As the battle goes on, he slowly gains Attack and Magic up to a maximum of +30

Cait Sith: Rage System, if Morph is used on him while he is either under Poisoned, Silenced, Sadness, or Fury then an auto-AI will kick in with it's own special moveset. Silence has him use Mime, for instance.

Yuffie: If hit by physical damage, she'll gain 255% evasion until hit by magic.

Vincent: Innate immunity to Fire, Bolt, Poison, and Death status.

Cid: When critical HP, his Luck is doubled.

These innates are a bit shaky, though. A lot of them have been revised or changed completely for the upcoming 1.4 build.

That reminds me, I added new text that details a joining character's Innate ability but I'd better add that information somewhere it can be accessed at any time. Maybe Beginner's Hall, Junon's Respectable Inn, and a new guy on the Highwind itself.

Yes! So looking forward to 1.4! You the man SC!  8)
Now I had a suggestion regarding the character's innate text details, is it at all possible just to integrate it into the Extended NT Save Menu itself? I only ask this cause I remember you saying you'd be scrapping the weather effects for the next build because it was a bit of a hassle managing the effects in all the fields without any bugs and whatnot. Having someone in the Highwind isn't a bad idea either, I was just spit-ballin' another idea lol.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2658 on: 2016-02-12 00:56:29 »
I've already replaced the weather switch with a Random Encounter toggle; it's a new feature in the PS4 version so I figured I'd bring it to NT. Should be handy if people just want to grab loot in an area/back-tracking, etc.

iDerek759

• View Profile
« Reply #2659 on: 2016-02-12 01:13:42 »
Oh I see, that's pretty cool. Nice addition!

Daniel7plainview

• View Profile
« Reply #2660 on: 2016-02-12 04:08:48 »
Wow thanks man. I guess i'll just wait for the 1.4 edition since it seems like you are adding alot of cool stuff. I really like your idea to put info about the mod in beginner's hall or just somewhere in the game because as someone who just found this mod, the only thing i had to go off of was the original version's read me on google docs and this giant 100+page forum. Also, if there is a page to support this project with donations or something it would be my pleasure.
P.S.
Found donations link, thanks man, this $h!t is so dope.
« Last Edit: 2016-02-12 04:15:30 by Daniel7plainview »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2661 on: 2016-02-12 04:27:14 »
Thanks, bud; much appreciated.

One of NT's weaknesses is the documentation for it. I haven't got a change-log, the readme doesn't go over everything/is out of date, the database is a bit shoddy, and the front page of the thread is woefully out of date as far as info goes.

I'm working toward getting all that sorted though; and as someone pointed out, it'd make more sense if I just put all those documents into a folder together with the Main Installer.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2662 on: 2016-02-12 05:14:17 »
So I gave in and installed the whole mod and I gotta said it has revived FF7 for me! Couple of things tho, as much as I like the field models of the main party, I'm not so crazy about some of the enemy models, like the turks wearing dark orange or the airbu.. I mean plasmabuster new colors.

Also, I've read that there are a few new sidequests for new weapons and stuff, don't know how to feel about this... Are they mandatory? Could you just play the game without them? Not that I think you guys couldn't do a great job with those but, I don't know, I'm not super crazy about them. Everything that falls off the game's accepted canon is heresy to me (I'm looking at you revived Aerith)

Some of the new encounters I really digged tho, it was awesome to see the Robotic Scorpion Guard thingie attack you a second time, it felt like something they would put in the remake.

Anyhow, these are all petty nitpicks, I'm really enjoying the mod, I love how every character has pros and cons and special traits like Aerith mp regen. This was one of the main reasons I haven't had the patience to go back to FF7, how every character plays more or less the same. I like it when characters have an specific role, it makes you think more before forming a party and just makes the game more fun in my opinion.

From what I read tho, it seems that version 1.4 its close so I don't know if I should just stop playing and wait for it (I just got Aerith so I'm at a pretty early stage in the game).

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2663 on: 2016-02-12 07:32:58 »
My rec is keep playing as you will learn more about game mechanics, when 1.4 comes.  :-)

Also segachief some name suggestions: NT Normal/New Start/New Game - NT Arrange/New Game+...
How about putting short description in confirmation box asa can fit so ppl know what they are choosing. Also highlight "No" on confirmation box so they have to think twice and not choose by mistake.
Sent from my Xperia ZR using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: 2016-02-12 07:44:26 by lionheart82 »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2664 on: 2016-02-12 14:16:26 »
So I gave in and installed the whole mod and I gotta said it has revived FF7 for me! Couple of things tho, as much as I like the field models of the main party, I'm not so crazy about some of the enemy models, like the turks wearing dark orange or the airbu.. I mean plasmabuster new colors.

Also, I've read that there are a few new sidequests for new weapons and stuff, don't know how to feel about this... Are they mandatory? Could you just play the game without them? Not that I think you guys couldn't do a great job with those but, I don't know, I'm not super crazy about them. Everything that falls off the game's accepted canon is heresy to me (I'm looking at you revived Aerith)

Some of the new encounters I really digged tho, it was awesome to see the Robotic Scorpion Guard thingie attack you a second time, it felt like something they would put in the remake.

Anyhow, these are all petty nitpicks, I'm really enjoying the mod, I love how every character has pros and cons and special traits like Aerith mp regen. This was one of the main reasons I haven't had the patience to go back to FF7, how every character plays more or less the same. I like it when characters have an specific role, it makes you think more before forming a party and just makes the game more fun in my opinion.

From what I read tho, it seems that version 1.4 its close so I don't know if I should just stop playing and wait for it (I just got Aerith so I'm at a pretty early stage in the game).

Nah, that's fine. 1.35 Air Buster is pretty hideous, and the Red Turks are a holdover from the very first build. They were given black uniforms for the 1.4 build (might go back to original blue though), while Air Buster now looks like this: https://youtu.be/r0l1G9bhvq8

The sidequests are more for Lv.4 Limits than weapons, and they aren't very narrative heavy. Usually just a quick scene and a fight; they aren't mandatory in any case.

My rec is keep playing as you will learn more about game mechanics, when 1.4 comes.  :-)

Also segachief some name suggestions: NT Normal/New Start/New Game - NT Arrange/New Game+...
How about putting short description in confirmation box asa can fit so ppl know what they are choosing. Also highlight "No" on confirmation box so they have to think twice and not choose by mistake.

I've added a confirmation when selecting a mode, and the Hard Mode has a warning message before selecting it.

Tavarcio

• View Profile
« Reply #2665 on: 2016-02-13 07:53:47 »
Question, is it worth it to grind, even a little bit, for levels and stuff? I guess since the lvl cap is 70, you lvl up a bit slower right? Btw, I just got my first game over, the house-that-transform-into-a-hellish-robot wiped the floor with me. Far from hating it, I actually loved it, let's be honest, after FF3, final fantasy games are not exactly hard, sure, there are the special bosses, but the meat of the game is actually not that difficult.

lionheart82

• View Profile
« Reply #2666 on: 2016-02-13 15:47:55 »
Great SC! Id prefer black turks, they look more badass, blue is blehhh...

@Tavarcio afai remember SC said lvl cap will be removed in 1.4 so no stress leveling up.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2667 on: 2016-02-13 17:44:53 »
Question, is it worth it to grind, even a little bit, for levels and stuff? I guess since the lvl cap is 70, you lvl up a bit slower right? Btw, I just got my first game over, the house-that-transform-into-a-hellish-robot wiped the floor with me. Far from hating it, I actually loved it, let's be honest, after FF3, final fantasy games are not exactly hard, sure, there are the special bosses, but the meat of the game is actually not that difficult.

I've tried to set it up so a grind isn't necessary, but fighting what encounters you bump into is a good idea; running from everything might leave you underpowered. The level cap has actually been removed in 1.35 so you can hit 99; I added an AI check that caps Level in damage calculations instead.

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #2668 on: 2016-02-13 18:35:01 »
Been lookin at the NT mod the past couple weeks. Will it work with mods like Grimmys World Map, Battle Scene retex, Omzys field retex or HD battle and field models? And will the patch change the music as well?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2669 on: 2016-02-13 18:52:45 »
It should do. I'd run it all through 7H though to ensure compatibility.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2670 on: 2016-02-14 18:06:25 »
Hi Sega! Remember me? :D

I want to start your mod but I hesitate between the Original and the Arrange. I like difficulty so I want to take the Arrange but it seems to be incomplete. Do you have an idea of the date it will be released?

And congratulations for your work, it begins to be famous in France. :D

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2671 on: 2016-02-14 18:16:58 »
Hi Sega! Remember me? :D

I want to start your mod but I hesitate between the Original and the Arrange. I like difficulty so I want to take the Arrange but it seems to be incomplete. Do you have an idea of the date it will be released?

And congratulations for your work, it begins to be famous in France. :D

Yo, bud! I saw that Acro was doing a playthrough of the French retranslation + your mod installed, it's looking pretty good. As for NT, I've a new build in development, v1.4, that'll fix up a lot of the balance issues in the current one. I'm hoping to get it finished for the end of this month, as I've got a week's holiday starting on the 21st.

As for Arrange, all this does is add some levels onto enemies, multiplies the EXP they give by 1.5 (but this overflows on Disc 3 enemies/bosses that give over a certain amount of EXP, causing them to give very little EXP instead), and unlocks some alternate attacks for them to use (earliest example being that Guard Hounds will use Poison Tentacle instead of regular Tentacle). If you do play the current version of NT, then I highly recommend playing it on Original; it's not perfect, but it's more balanced than Arrange.

Yeah, a streamer called Ysangwen played through the mod on Twitch and it's generated a fair bit of interest. Problem is that the installer doesn't work on the french version of the game without first renaming one file and one folder; lang-fr > lang-en, and fflevel.lgp > flevel.lgp respectively. Before patching, rename these folders to the names mentioned, apply the main installer, and then rename the folder + file back to their french names.

I'll be setting up different versions of the installer to handle the different file names when I'm putting 1.4's installer together. I think I put the info into the installer itself, but I'd better put the info up on the main thread as well.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2672 on: 2016-02-14 18:29:28 »
Yo, bud! I saw that Acro was doing a playthrough of the French retranslation + your mod installed, it's looking pretty good.

Oh man I'm surprised you know that! :O

So the Original is as difficult as the Arrange?

For the install, I patched the 2012 edition and juste changed the language on "lang" and it seems to be working.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #2673 on: 2016-02-14 18:32:44 »
Oh man I'm surprised you know that! :O

So the Original is as difficult as the Arrange?

For the install, I patched the 2012 edition and juste changed the language on "lang" and it seems to be working.

Original is more or less the same as Arrange in terms of difficulty. If you got the option to pick modes when starting a new game then the flevel.lgp must have been patched correctly; if Cloud started with Fire, Ice, and Bolt Materia then the scene.bin + Kernel is patched too.

mexico

• Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2674 on: 2016-02-14 18:36:35 »
OK so I begin on the Original. :D

And yes, it seems to be working. If I see a problem, I'll tell you that. You can say that for the persons who have the 2012 edition, it's quite a simple issue. ;)

Thank you man, see you! :D