Author Topic: [FF7PC] ChaOS -Character Overhaul Seven  (Read 496961 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: Improved and added unshaded characters
« Reply #300 on: 2014-02-08 23:38:41 »
My only true gripe with modding is its lack of continuity in design. Many modders have their own style, and when combining them together, sometimes the look and feel of the game loses its identity and you can start to distinctly tell which mods were made by different authors (No offense to the Optimus Prime idea, but that's kind of what I'm talking about  :-P).

I personally want to see your work with the character models applied to all the NPC and Enemy models. I realize that is work beyond one person's reach, so if there is anyway templates can be given and lessons taught on your methods, than collaborating with others could make it doable. I know I'm willing to learn your methods  :)

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: 2014-02-08 23:41:38 »
This is true.  I've been watching the making of Beauty and the Beast a lot, and in that, many animators worked on their own characters.  When you see these on paper you can tell instantly that they are by different animators.  Then the clean up process makes them all look like they are by 1 person. 

That's what needs to happen here, and Kaldarasha is doing a pretty good job of going through all models and making his selection gel.

Mayo Master

• View Profile
« Reply #302 on: 2014-02-09 00:48:06 »
I'd love to see a collaboration about character modding among you guys. I tend to feel like every modder tend to make a big chunk of work on his own, without much coordination with the work made by others. Making redundant models is a bit of a waste of resource.
My only true gripe with modding is its lack of continuity in design. Many modders have their own style, and when combining them together, sometimes the look and feel of the game loses its identity and you can start to distinctly tell which mods were made by different authors (No offense to the Optimus Prime idea, but that's kind of what I'm talking about  :-P).
I personally want to see your work with the character models applied to all the NPC and Enemy models. I realize that is work beyond one person's reach, so if there is anyway templates can be given and lessons taught on your methods, than collaborating with others could make it doable. I know I'm willing to learn your methods  :)
I second the idea of segmenting the work among modders by character category (main characters, enemies, etc.). That's a similar way to solve design continuity as we're doing @ TA for the background scenes (granted, we're only 2 people and a half to be active), where each person takes care of scenes that correspond to a certain geographical area in game.
I'll be looking forward to seeing what you'll be coming up with  :)

cmh175

• View Profile
    • Chris Hendrickson's Artstation
« Reply #303 on: 2014-02-09 00:58:52 »
I have a similar idea in mind for down the line so let me know the details when this picks up with some samples of how the models will look and I maybe able to help with this.

yongkykun

• View Profile
« Reply #304 on: 2014-02-09 05:27:26 »
Great! I'll study all these documentations and will try out a few things on my end. Will try and come up with something soon-ish. Thanks again!

lolmetimbers

• View Profile
« Reply #305 on: 2014-02-11 11:40:37 »
Ok so trying to get this work was a pain in the ass. Seriously, I really appreciate the work and effort put into mods here but it is not very newb friendly at all if you want to use mods outside of bootleg as there is a severe lack of good guides that actually explain how to install stuff. This kind of stuff should be added in mod/tool descriptions and stickied. After messing around with the highwind tool, extracting/repacking .lgps with the single files provided (which resulted in crashes on world map), I finally got it working because of cmh175's post on page 11.

How to install this mod (with bootleg 040 game installed):

1. First of all download the Unshaded-Models-1.64.1.7z in .iro form. http://www.file-upload.net/download-8440336/Unshaded-Models-1.64.1.7z.html . Unzip into a folder somewhere.
2. Next download 7thHeaven tool - http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14490.0 . Extract it then make sure "7thHeaven.exe" application is set to "Run as Administrator" in the file settings. You can set this by right clicking on the .exe file and choosing 'Properties' and 'Compatibility'.
3. Open up 7thHeaven tool. Click on the 'Library' tab, Click on 'Import' tab and then 'from iro archive'. Navigate to where you extracted the unshaded-models .iro files and add both of them.
4. They should now be in your library. Activate the mods you want and you can also configure the options under the 'Active mods' tab.
5. Once this is done we need to configure the 7thHeaven tool to locate your game files. Click on 'workshop' in the top left corner and then 'settings'. Let it auto detect where your install files are if it asks - by default it should fine everything. Now the important part if you want to use FF7Music, under the 'Also launch' setting which should be empty, locate and select your ff7music.exe file in your install folder. For me this is D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII\FF7Music\FF7Music.exe.
6. Now you are ready to launch the game. Your Bootloader settings will be carried over so if you want to change anything then do it in Bootloader first. Both the game client and FF7Music should launch at the same time. If you are getting an error make sure 7thHeaven Tool and your ff7.exe have administrator privileges.

lolmetimbers

• View Profile
« Reply #306 on: 2014-02-13 07:31:13 »
Some constructive criticism on the battle models:

1. Aeris's expression looks slightly derpy somehow? I think it is mainly her eyes - they feel too close together like cross eyed.
2. Yuffie's expression is really weird and eyes are off. She no longer looks cute or cheeky and this breaks her character feel to the point I don't feel like using her.
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120320221355/finalfantasy/images/d/d2/Mystery_Ninja_FF7.png is how the original looks? I much prefer this one
3. Cloud's chin/jawline feels too wide and makes him look older/chubby.

Barret, Red XIII and Tifa look great! Have yet to unlock everyone else

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: 2014-02-14 15:19:08 »
Sorry guys but I have no good internet conection currently. I have no idea how long it will take until I find a solution, but it could take some month. :(

CamelStrike

• View Profile
« Reply #308 on: 2014-02-14 17:02:04 »
Hi guys this is my first time posting here and Thank Kaldarasha for your great work!!

It's been a while since i played ff7 last time so i had to study things, and
thanks to all of you(especially lolmetimbers and cmh175 :D) i finally got this working with bootleg and these awesome models.

But the music delay cmh175 mentioned in other post kept bothering me so i was wondering if i could use bootleg's
'Install User Models form the Custom Folders' option so that i dont have to run ff7music thru 7thheaven.

I unpacked both IRO files and tried to put them into bootlegcustommodels folder but can't figure out where to put some of those files
such as flevel.lgp and event's.

Any possible help? As you already noticed, I don't speak English well so it's hard to figure out all by myself searching.
Thanks in advance :)

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #309 on: 2014-02-14 18:48:29 »
The music delay is mostly caused by open folders in 7H, generally the iro's are ok. Ff7music is just a bit finicky. Id suggest using Aalis new driver with the new reunion and anxious heart. You can also make a copy of your mods\bootleg folder so you can quickly install all the enhanced textures again. Make a copy of your data\sound folder too if you used the new soundfx.

CamelStrike

• View Profile
« Reply #310 on: 2014-02-14 20:14:29 »
Thank you for such a quick answer!!
did as you suggest right away.

Game runs smoothly and everything looks already great.
Only that I dont know how to use those copy of mods/bootleg folders.

I tried import from folder and aali modpath in settings but nothings change.
What should do?

edit : Copied all stuff from bootleg folder into mods/Reunion and overwrite some of them.
         Seems like working for now i guess :)
« Last Edit: 2014-02-14 20:31:07 by CamelStrike »

cmh175

• View Profile
« Reply #311 on: 2014-02-14 20:30:05 »
If you ran the reunion theres a mods\reunion folder. Copy everything from the bootleg folder other than the menu and flevel folders. That'll install the enhanced magic and background textures.

CamelStrike

• View Profile
« Reply #312 on: 2014-02-14 21:23:12 »
Thank you so much cmh175!!
Now it looks just perfect!! Finally I can play FF7 once again!!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: 2014-02-14 21:31:05 »
Johnny does it again. Your help is much appreciated   8)

CamelStrike

• View Profile
« Reply #314 on: 2014-02-15 02:02:19 »
Well, your youtube video was the reason I got into this in the first place  :wink:
It is shame that bootleg doesnt get updated with this awesome set of models yet.
for Non-English Speaker like myself, Bootleg is godly.

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #315 on: 2014-02-22 04:55:04 »
I have uploaded a small update with the new Cloud design (only the main models of him has been updated). The characters for the minigames are temporary gone, because the minigame files of the Reunion are different in some ways, which has ended in crashes of 7th Heaven.
This time I haven't packed it as iro file, mainly for those who wish to use lgp files I also added the new animations as a separate download.
Still, it would be better to convert more mods for 7th Heaven and leaving Bootleg as it is. It simply doesn't need to be updated over and over again, when a mod or an update is coming out.
« Last Edit: 2014-02-22 05:06:06 by Kaldarasha »

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: 2014-03-02 17:23:46 »
I wish v1.64.2 was categorized like v1.63. Trying to organize all the files to work correctly with 7H involves launching the game and reading error notes in the app.log. Every time I organize the files as recorded from the app.log, a new set of errors appear.

The whole mod itself works great, but I want to break down the *.lgp folders just like v1.63 so that people can have more options to choose.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #317 on: 2014-03-30 13:11:07 »
Hi there, thanks for the great models updates.  :) Just a question, does the pack of first post include all fixes and updates posted all around the thread? And what The Community Flevel Project do?
« Last Edit: 2014-03-30 13:17:54 by Loki_ »

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #318 on: 2014-03-30 14:59:25 »
You can get everything from the first page.
The Community Flevel Project contains some fixes and improvements to the game (resized models to fit the background), but it don't work with the Reunion Mod. Luksy is working on a flevel patcher, when it is finished, it will be possible to combine the mods. The basic idea is to combine fixes and improvements by various authors to enhance the immersions of the game. I recommend to use the Reunion mod until the flevel patcher is ready. However it is possible to pack the files to a flevel.lgp archive with ulgp tools and run the Reunion over it - not recommended, but possible.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #319 on: 2014-03-30 16:19:35 »
I'm not using reunion mod right now, just bootleg with some more graphical paches that was recently released here in the forum. I'f i manually pack the files to a flevel.lgp archive with ulgp tools there's coul be any incompatibility issue?

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #320 on: 2014-03-30 16:52:09 »
If you use bootleg you should give it try. Use it with 7th Heaven, this way you can easily disable it, if problems occur with it. Because Bootleg is designed for the old opengl driver, which needs FF7 music I really would recommend to use it, because I have added a patch for it.

Loki_

• View Profile
« Reply #321 on: 2014-03-30 17:01:00 »
Ok I will give a try with 7h, thanks for answer and for those great models :)

Kaldarasha

• View Profile
« Reply #322 on: 2014-04-11 18:25:42 »
A quick test:

There are some oddities with the textures, which I not fully understand, but the mesh as I have designed it is very good. The textures aren't ready yet, but the test has shown me which things needs to be done.

Here is the unshaded version to test:
https://mega.co.nz/#!CRcwkZBZ!BBOXg4qCpWjYH3tlcYYaH_Sxmx8bk8qHcDXEsj_tago

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: 2014-04-11 18:29:40 »
I like!  :)

Salk