Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1001052 times)

nikfrozty

• Cloud kicks Sephiroth's Butt Anytime
    • View Profile
Re: Official Black Chocobo Help Thread
« Reply #75 on: 2010-05-29 13:43:09 »
Qhimm?? Hmm I never see him post anymore. Anyways what do you plan on adding to your program?? I think its complete but as you said you like to edit more stuff so what will you add??

Masteradam

« Reply #76 on: 2010-05-29 15:21:24 »
it could be your mods. but then again jenova and black chocobo should see all the items as the same , since for items/weapons/armor/materia lists are just ported from jenova. is it only when u put them in your "items" ? i will look it to in as soon as i get a chance. also can u provide me w/ a full list if there are others you noticed.

I will have a look into it on another system with a vanilla install of FF7 and see if it does the same thing and yeah I will test it more to see if it does it again. Thanks :)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #77 on: 2010-05-29 17:23:11 »
@masteradam , thank you for finding that bug, i checked and my functions for displaying that table and the combo box under it were in need of some slight modifiction , this bug has been FIXED and will be included in the next release.

@nikfrozty, right now i am working on deciding the best way to do quest progression, during this process i will prolly start making save creation possible (idk if i will do it from a stock kernel.bin or allow you to chose the kernel.bin to use for "defaults") after that i will prolly add some small features that i have in mind, like adding the ability to remove items/materia from your inventory nothing major really,fix any other bugs that are found, and release 1.2 then after that, create the stuff needed to set the locations of the rest of the items on the world map (chocobos, highwind ,buggy, etc). get more field map id's and continue on that. and eventually maybe i will even let u set the controls in black chocobo. i don't really plan it out in to much detail. only 1207 bytes to go then i will read/write them all.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2010-05-29 17:42:59 »
Wow that's a lot of things to do. Well right now I'm using your program and there's no bug to report so good luck with what your doing. Loving your program. :-*

Nightmarish

• owari da
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2010-05-29 19:56:43 »
I'm having problems to download the windows version.

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2010-05-29 20:15:56 »
I'm having problems to download the windows version.
I can host his latest release in filefront if you have problems. But I'm not sure if sithlord48 would want that. If he wants just tell me. :D

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2010-05-29 23:38:17 »
[EDIT] My Mistake...
« Last Edit: 2010-05-29 23:44:36 by Mako »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #82 on: 2010-05-30 01:25:11 »
there seams to be an issue w/ google docs. atm and it only affects the windows version. try again later on ... or get it from nikfrozty.

@ mako , its ok ;)

Mako

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2010-05-30 01:32:27 »
Hey sith nice editor tried it the other day...So how have you been?

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2010-05-30 07:08:42 »
Well I haven't downloaded the latest version yet so I can only upload the version 1.0 of black chocobo. I'll download it later at night and see if it has no problem downloading it. If anyone still wants to use black chocobo now I can upload the files now speakup and I'll upload it now. :)

Zapotah

« Reply #85 on: 2010-05-30 07:31:21 »
Seems to be a bug most certainly linked to all the mods i currently have installed ( FF Remix patcher 2.5.1 installed and everything included in it.) but since the mods shouldnt affect the contents of the savegame file (Correct me if im wrong but no way in hell am i qualified to make that previous statement with certainty :D) it is probably something related to how black chocobo handles the values in the savegame files. Cutting to the chase, the bug itself is that for some reason i cant edit the values over the 7bit threshold ie. all the stat values go up to 255 (8bits amirite?) and the max i can input without it going automatically to 0 is 127. The same goes to chocobo stats (I actually can input anything up to 255 there as well without it going down to 0 but it will break the chocobo races (The chocobo starts to run through walls etc...)) and the limit bar (with that one the max is 126 since there is no 127 value with the slider). I only wish i could help more by knowing how to debug the problem further but since i honestly have zero knowledge in that area the most i can do is tell you about the problem here. Hope this helps at least a bit. It really would be a shame if it is incurable and would require the uninstallation of some of the mods since they imo make the game more enjoyable.

Disregarding bugs I really love the editor. It has a feeling of quality to it and has a nice gui. For a reason or the other Jenova crashes on win 7 and your editor works fine so credit to you for making the code more os friendly. Hope your editor can far surpass Jenova (Almost there already imo!) and accomplish all the todo list items eventually.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #86 on: 2010-05-30 13:26:00 »
@mako , as you can see i've been busy, but good.

@zapotah, stat max value = 255 , limit break is @ 255,  try w/ a stock ff7  since some of those kernel mods may be causeing the oddities you describe. i have certianly tested those quite a bit and i im rather sure they work correctly. if those problems are still there w/ a stock ff7 then, do give a detailed report and i will fix it.

for those of you who can't seam to get the windows version from google docs you can download it directly from me with this link

edit: link is old and removed.

edit:: try the windows link again i reuploaded it , if it does not work use the link above (it will just be a slower download).
« Last Edit: 2010-10-21 16:22:13 by sithlord48 »

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #87 on: 2010-05-31 18:09:43 »
Just to join in chorus, nice GUI. I think I might use Qt next time I'm working with Python.
« Last Edit: 2010-05-31 18:25:15 by Bosola »

Lion

• Sleeping Lionheart
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2010-05-31 18:16:57 »
well i'm having a little issue with your program. whenever i try to change the AP on a materia equipped to a character it refuses to change and instead stays at a value around 1600000 or something like that. no matter how many times i click.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #89 on: 2010-05-31 18:50:09 »
@outfoxxed , please get the latest version , that is a known bug in 1.0 + 0.9. if it is the newest version 1.1 i will look in to the bug again.

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2010-06-02 20:31:07 »
Is the Windows link down?

EDIT: Never mind. For some reason I had to sign out of my Google account.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-02 20:34:01 by DarkFang »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #91 on: 2010-06-02 21:19:40 »
idk whats going on w/ google docs. i will just host it from my site too too, slower but always up.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-03 02:17:10 by sithlord48 »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2010-06-02 21:26:22 »
Well I can put up mirror links for Windows and Mac, but I can't do Linux or Source because Google docs is being stupid.

I'll post them once they are finished uploading.
« Last Edit: 2010-06-02 21:37:33 by DarkFang »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #93 on: 2010-06-02 21:32:52 »
please don't post mirrors , thank you.

edit:: its not that i don't like mirrors but i hate sites like megaupload + mediafire, i will eventally put them on my server, just right now im to lazy to do it (long work day and i just got home :P)

edit2:: gonna re-upload the linux version and src to google docs.. (thats how i fixed the windows one.. )
« Last Edit: 2010-06-02 21:38:15 by sithlord48 »

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2010-06-02 21:37:49 »
Oh okay sorry. I removed them.

craziinova

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2010-06-03 00:05:45 »
nice little proggie, it's all working great.

might be a good idea to have a secondary host in case your sever is down for maintenance or w.e.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #96 on: 2010-06-03 02:17:44 »
yup hosting from google docs and my server now..

DarkFang

• Pirate
  • Ponies! <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2010-06-03 14:30:37 »
The equipped materia seems a bit buggy. And why can't I set my limit bar to 255 or set my stats to 255? It goes back to 0.

Aeris

• ~~Princess~~
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2010-06-03 14:38:40 »
i really enjoy this editor. i have it and Jenova since i can only do certain things with both. i highly praise yours as it does what Jenova cannot, (teleport your save to wherever, edit the statistics of any char at any point, etc.) but what id like to see implemented (if you don't mind :3) is a way to edit Sephiroth, and or Young Cloud, annnd a bug fix for adding the Masamune to your inventory. (it wont let you, had to use Jenova to add in that, because when you add Sephy to party he has a t-vest as his weapon equipped making him miss every time. xD) one more thing i'd like to see (maybe could do this for materia, also?) is add in, a "Add All" Function when it comes to items, so every item in the directory will be added to your inventory (and you can specify how many with the value already set and given) having it remember where you last loaded your save, to save you a little bit of time from going folder to folder (especially when testing things, if your creating your own mod and what not) would be lovely as well. :D

even w/o what i said, i give Black Chocobo a 9/10. i personally, would just like to see the above added :p

so Thank you for making this wonderful program sith!

-Aeris

nikfrozty

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2010-06-03 15:56:31 »
i really enjoy this editor. i have it and Jenova since i can only do certain things with both. i highly praise yours as it does what Jenova cannot, (teleport your save to wherever, edit the statistics of any char at any point, etc.) but what id like to see implemented (if you don't mind :3) is a way to edit Sephiroth, and or Young Cloud, annnd a bug fix for adding the Masamune to your inventory. (it wont let you, had to use Jenova to add in that, because when you add Sephy to party he has a t-vest as his weapon equipped making him miss every time. xD) one more thing i'd like to see (maybe could do this for materia, also?) is add in, a "Add All" Function when it comes to items, so every item in the directory will be added to your inventory (and you can specify how many with the value already set and given) having it remember where you last loaded your save, to save you a little bit of time from going folder to folder (especially when testing things, if your creating your own mod and what not) would be lovely as well. :D

even w/o what i said, i give Black Chocobo a 9/10. i personally, would just like to see the above added :p

so Thank you for making this wonderful program sith!

-Aeris
Second this post!! :) I really like to edit Sephiroth more.