Author Topic: How can I play FF7 on Steam again with 7th Heaven currently installed?  (Read 3764 times)

jb8444

• View Profile
Hello,

I was wondering about how I can run FF7 on Steam after having installed 7th Heaven onto my computer. I'm not sure if this question has come up before or has been explained already since I can't find any mentions of it in the 7th Heaven 2.0 tutorial or on the forums. I tried loading the game through Steam and the Square Enix Game Launcher, and the game didn't load up.

I was sure that FF7 would still run on Steam since I haven't installed 7th Heaven in a Program Files Folder or something similar which would break the game or mods. I have Steam, along with FF7 and 7th Heaven on an external drive so there may be an issue around having them in the same place. I'm not sure what the issue is though.

Just asking out of curiosity since I would like to finish the Steam version and collect the rest of the achievements. After that I would love to go back through 7th Heaven to play FF7 with all the great mods available for the game.

jb8444

• View Profile
I was able to solve the issue. I did some more digging and figured out why the game wouldn't load.

There was and issue with FF7 earlier where the game would still run even after exiting Steam. I figured out a way to fix this, then I validated the files for the game through Steam and I think from there it resolved itself.

Sorry. It ended up being a simple fix and not an issue that conflicted between Steam and 7th Heaven.