Author Topic: FF7 New Threat - Stuck in Intro Mission  (Read 3061 times)

pieman290

• View Profile
FF7 New Threat - Stuck in Intro Mission
« on: 2017-09-28 23:53:05 »
Hello, I just set up the new threat mod, and in the room where Jessie teaches you how to use ladders, i get a random encounter with a guard scorpion that does 9,999 damage for every hit, making it impossible to make any progress. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or an intended encounter that i'm just failing at, but either way some clarification would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: FF7 New Threat - Stuck in Intro Mission
« Reply #1 on: 2017-09-29 02:10:47 »
Your lookup tables in the scene.bin are messed up. You should clean your registry and start fresh. Check the FAQ thread on how to start over with a fresh install.

Sephriomnislash

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2017-11-22 11:51:56 »
I'm also having trouble with the intro.

Directly after defeating the guard scorpion and escaping the reactor (and to check, I went back to the ladder after saving before fighting it), I am literally unable to climb the second ladder leading back up to Jessie.
I've tried just about every method from a fresh install of both the game and mod (and 7th heaven) to spamming the crap out of my use key while walking in every possible location next to the ladder...

Am I forever doomed to be stuck in the reactor? Or am I a moron and missing something completely?
I've literally never had this problem occur with the Steam or PSX versions...it wouldn't be the mod, right?

Sephriomnislash

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2017-11-23 01:43:44 »
So I realized that it was the game not recognizing the load trigger before the ladder, and after reinstalling everything for a second time it worked

So uh... yeah, sorry about that :-P