Author Topic: Battle model to field  (Read 4767 times)

Cloud1000

• View Profile
Battle model to field
« on: 2011-03-22 14:53:18 »
Hello. I'm wondering if anyone can help me with this..
I wanna convert a battle model to field model. How can i do it? Can you give step by step instructions example cloud battle model to field model.

Jaitsu

• DON'T FWOOSH ME BRO
    • View Profile
    • Jaitsu Studios
Re: Battle model to field
« Reply #1 on: 2011-03-22 14:56:43 »
its a bit of a pain in the neck, its possible with kimera but when i attempted to in the past i ran into all sorts of problems, still, someone should be along shortly to give you some pointers.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-03-22 18:31:53 »
well I am pretty certain that you should be able to find a battle to field mod that has already been made, saving you some serious hassle. I haven't seen it for a while but I know its around somewhere. Just look for it.

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-03-22 20:21:30 »
well I am pretty certain that you should be able to find a battle to field mod that has already been made, saving you some serious hassle. I haven't seen it for a while but I know its around somewhere. Just look for it.

Well i know there are some out there but thats not what I need. I want to learn how to do it :p The hassle makes me wanna learn even more. But I need a few pointers. XD

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2011-03-22 20:36:08 »
well you'll need a 3d modeling program to start. You'll also want the latest version of Kimera, Biturn and PCreator. You'll need to extract the battle models as .3ds using Biturn and resize them to be be much smaller in a 3d modeling program (if I remember correctly Biturn extracts battle models at an unreasonably huge size). Luckily the battle models are already cut up into pieces so the most tedious task of conversion is already done for you. You'll then have to use PCreator to convert each seperate body part into a field model. Its pretty straight forward since their are very few textures involved, but make sure for the models that do use textures (like faces) that you load up the texture in PCreator and assure that the uv mapping is correct. Once you have converted all of the body parts into field p files then you will have to load the field hierarchy file in Kimera and adjust the models on the bone until you are satisfied. That's kinda a quick run down if you need more specific details look for tutorials on how to use these programs. There are a bunch of them out there.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2011-03-23 01:07:14 »
1  Copy the battle files
2  Rename the battle pieces to their corresponding field file names and overwrite them
3  Resize appropriately in Kimera
4  ? ? ?
5  Profit

Cloud1000

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2011-03-23 12:04:29 »
1  Copy the battle files
2  Rename the battle pieces to their corresponding field file names and overwrite them
3  Resize appropriately in Kimera
4  ? ? ?
5  Profit

ok is there a wiki or something that tells me what files belong to each character both field and battle?

Tekkie.X

• Formerly known as DragonNinja
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2011-03-23 13:57:13 »
There was a huge list of the LGP archive contents and what they were, should be somewhere on the forum.

yarLson

• spr nrd
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2011-03-23 15:56:57 »
here is a small text file
it is an index for the battle lgp

http://www.mediafire.com/?dvmgti9dhwhsbwc

Also check out the File Reconstruction Project if you need to know anything else about any of the files in the game
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8874.0