Author Topic: SOLVED: Biturn doesn't load  (Read 4035 times)

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
SOLVED: Biturn doesn't load
« on: 2011-08-23 22:10:46 »
Hi :?: i recently decided to try and learn how to texture so that i can contribute to this website. I downloaded Biturn version 0.87 beta 4 (later beta 3 too ). I opened the program and it ran smoothly. Then i tried to open the battle.lgp inside the program and it slowly started reading them all. Then when i minimized the application and opened a pdf to read something the window went all white and it didn't show anything. After that i closed the application and restarted it. It showed that the application ran okay but there wasn't any window. Only the minimized one can be seen. I tried to use an older version but it still doesn't work. I tried restarting my computer but still the same. I also tried deleting Bitrun from registry too but still it doesn't work. Can anyone help me solve this problem? and if not any suggestions for a different program to create a 3ds model which can work on blender?

I run on windows 7 ultimate (64 bit).
AMD Athlon Dual core processor
2gb  ram
ATI Radeon HD 5500

here's a picture too..

« Last Edit: 2011-09-01 22:53:17 by Bosola »

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Biturn doesn't load
« Reply #1 on: 2011-08-23 23:56:54 »
Here are the tools you need (well these are the ones I use) :

Blender (seems you have already)
Wings3D to convert obj to 3DS format
PCreator to create FF7-readable files
Kimera to put the files in FF7

Braveheart

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2011-08-24 03:35:04 »
Hi :) i recently decided to try and learn how to texture so that i can contribute to this website. I downloaded Biturn version 0.87 beta 4 (later beta 3 too ). I opened the program and it ran smoothly. Then i tried to open the battle.lgp inside the program and it slowly started reading them all. Then when i minimized the application and opened a pdf to read something the window went all white and it didn't show anything. After that i closed the application and restarted it. It showed that the application ran okay but there wasn't any window. Only the minimized one can be seen. I tried to use an older version but it still doesn't work. I tried restarting my computer but still the same. I also tried deleting Bitrun from registry too but still it doesn't work. Can anyone help me solve this problem? and if not any suggestions for a different program to create a 3ds model which can work on blender?

I run on windows 7 ultimate (64 bit).
AMD Athlon Dual core processor
2gb  ram
ATI Radeon HD 5500

I got that issue too running on Windows 7 Professional 32 bit, I discovered how to solve this, just delete the " biturn.opt " and the biturn reapear

kicker

• Hojo...what a queer fellow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2011-08-24 05:43:27 »
i'll try out those programs tou Vgr. thnx :) I tried what you said braveheart and it worked :) thnx a lot :) i can start modeling too now :P

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #4 on: 2011-09-01 22:53:07 »
Closed as solved.