Author Topic: [FF7PC/PSX] FFVII Lost Wing (1.1)  (Read 185537 times)

Armorvil

• Working on : FFVII Total Grudge
    • View Profile
Re: [REL] FFVII Lost Wing (PSX)
« Reply #50 on: 2010-11-08 19:00:12 »
The Guard Scorpion dropped a wizard armlet in my beta mod (and this was desired). Looks like you somehow forgot to change some drops.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
    • FFVII Lost Wing Mod/Hacks
« Reply #51 on: 2010-11-08 19:02:46 »
The Guard Scorpion dropped a wizard armlet in my beta mod (and this was desired). Looks like you somehow forgot to change some drops.

Yeah I forgot to change the Bosses' Drops/Steals.  I plan to fix it.
« Last Edit: 2010-11-11 01:08:23 by xLostWingx »

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2010-11-12 01:46:21 »
Heh, noticed that too. Tossed the item away tho, since it wasn't planned.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2010-11-12 02:56:24 »
Heh, noticed that too. Tossed the item away tho, since it wasn't planned.

Yeah, my mistake.  Of course you could use it if you want, or sell it.  In order to get enough gil for everything, you may have to level up more than is desired.  Have you invested any more time into playing?  I am up to Sector 7 right before the plate crashes.  The Heli-Soldiers on the tower can be tough with just Cloud and Tifa and I think Reno will be tough.  But I think the difficulty is more-or-less (a little less than) where I want it to be.

I've noticed a dozen or so errors, but none of them ruin anything.  Cid was suppose to have a fresh Spirit Plus materia, but he has a mastered one.  You can buy them though so I guess it doesn't matter.  All the new materia and magic are accessible through normal play except for 2 special materia that are equipped on Sephiroth.  Anyway, hope you're enjoying it.  I know I am.

Cloudef

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2010-11-12 10:55:13 »
I've tried to hold back playing it, since I really would like to enjoy and finish it on the Pandora. I'm currently going on Seventh Heaven.
If I can't resist playing it, I'll try to force myself stopping playing at least on Reno or the Girl Cloud part.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2010-11-12 22:23:33 »
Well let me know when you start playing for real.  I will update the download with the fixes for when you start playing.  I am up to Kalm and have been making notes of what needs fixed.  The list is on page 2.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2010-11-18 19:58:53 »
I've upload and provided a link for the new Patches.  Many details have been fixed, but this is by no means complete.  The link is on the first page, and here  **I also fixed Barret's menu portrait**

http://www.mediafire.com/?eag18xjfw976tcw
« Last Edit: 2010-11-18 20:11:54 by xLostWingx »

Cloud_man

• It's so easy, it's somfy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2010-11-29 10:31:55 »
Hey there !

Congrats for your mod, I really enjoy it :D
It's just for telling you that I have founded a minor bug.

So, I was escaping from the jail of the Shinra building and when I open the materia menu, here what I see :

http://www.noelshack.com/1/1/sanstitre-c521dcc224.jpg

I really wonder what kind of materia is it ^^
I hope that this will help you to improve your mod ;)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2010-11-30 08:12:05 »
Ah it seems you've attained the Gravity Elemental Materia.  You can pair that with elemental to make gravity based attacks or defense...in otherwords it is practically useless.  There are a few "leftovers" hidden throughout the game.  Most of them can be seen by adding all items and materia to your inventory.

I'm glad you are enjoying the game.  Unfortunately there are a few real bugs that you will likely encounter.  In the current download link I think Rapps is really weak, and so is Dyne.  White Wind doesn't work properly and neither does Red Flash.  These are fairly big issues, but I truely don't have the time to fix them right now.  I have been on hiatus for my FFVII dealings recently in an attempt to focus on more productive things, but don't worry...I will be back to continue tweaking my mod and correcting errors.  I just gotta get through two more weeks of school and I should have some time.

Cloud_man

• It's so easy, it's somfy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2010-11-30 11:29:02 »
Oh sorry, I really though that this was a bug ^^"

Anyway, you don't have to be in a hurry, take your time ;)
Good luck for the future.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2010-11-30 19:08:34 »
Well it is half a bug lol.  I just ghetto-rigged one of the materia to functio as having no abilities except for being Gravity Elemental.  It certainly doesn't look right in the menu, it will always appear as having the abilities of the materia you just moved your pointer from.

While I won't be hurrying to do any work on this anytime soon, I will certainly be working on it once I have some time considering at least 3 people have started playing it.  Thats good enough for me.

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2010-12-17 22:52:42 »
In case anyone is playing this, please let me know about any bugs/crashes/glitches so i can fix them for the next patch update.  I know what works for me and what isn't working for me, but apparently not everyone is having the same experience.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2011-01-06 19:02:58 »
I am experiencing that. But otherwise, could you send us all the cheat codes you were using? (text format please, its a pain to copy that)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2011-02-02 20:58:42 »
If you check out some of the youtube videos you can see the codes.  I really don't want to type them all out.  FYI im not really working on this, but its not out of the question for the future.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2011-02-02 21:44:52 »
I did it, but we miss a lot of codes, and some of them still incomplete (cannot see everything)

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2011-02-02 22:50:18 »
All my codes are either from Anti-GSC.com or gshi.org  (i think they use 0xffff.org now).  Hope this helps.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2011-02-02 23:17:05 »
I am on 0xffff.org (this is the link) and it rocks ;D

EDIT : Could you put a link to Anti-GSC.com? Was searching but obviously this doesn't exist anymore...
« Last Edit: 2011-02-02 23:54:39 by Vgr255 »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2011-02-03 00:45:47 »
http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/antigsc/?codes&dev=gs&system=psx&game=ff7/ff7inbat See if this works.  It isn't the same exact site...but I think it contains the same information.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2011-02-03 00:53:54 »
It does. Thanks.

EDIT : Managed to make this mod to the PC version! Ask me to a link/how to do it.
« Last Edit: 2011-02-14 00:24:37 by Vgr255 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2011-02-14 00:57:47 »
Warned.  Double posting to bump a topic so people see your edited post completely defeats the purpose.  Editing a post makes the "new" tag pop up.   If you have a link to provide, or anything extremely relevant...or even if your last post was weeks ago and you have new information, double posting is fine.

But the fact you've been warned before for this, I have to do it again.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2011-02-14 01:01:09 »
Editing a post makes the "new" tag pop up.

See, I didn't know that.

But the fact you've been warned before for this, I have to do it again.

I understand. I don't really know how the forums works...

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2011-02-14 01:04:14 »
No worries dude.  It's just a little redundant editing a post to update information, and then making another post to point out your edit.

Vgr

• Global moderator
    • View Profile
FFVII Lost Wings PC Version (please report any bug by PMing me)
« Reply #72 on: 2011-02-19 12:43:33 »
FFVII Lost Wings PC Version : http://www.mediafire.com/?glp678pmk8k8ka7

EDIT : xLostWingx gave me permission to distribute the PC version.

*** EDIT ***
The above link doesn't work anymore, so I re-uploaded it. Here it is. It includes a batch file. Report here to know how to use it. Here is a short résumé :

These files are called scene_lw.bin kernel_lw.bin and kernel2_lw.bin (there is also other files but they don't matter here). Have renamed your ff7.exe ff7_nm.exe, your battle.lgp battle_nm.lgp, your flevel.lgp flevel_nm.lgp, the scene.bin scene_nm.bin and both kernel's renamed the same way. You just have to rename, the original files will be overwritten anyways. Then put the above-mentioned files in their directories and the batch file into Final Fantasy VII directory. Now all you have to do is to run that batch file and the Lost Wings Mod will be applied. Maybe you should download the other batch files and take the "Backup" one to restore your backup when you want.

If you find any issues that aren't there in the PSX version, please PM me.
« Last Edit: 2011-03-01 13:12:59 by Vgr255 »

xLostWingx

• No Comment
    • View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] FFVII Lost Wing (PSX/PC)
« Reply #73 on: 2011-10-29 01:03:45 »
Hey I was just wondering if any active members had played this and what their thoughts were.  I know at least a three people from qhimm have tried it and a few from youtube, but I've recieved relatively little feedback.  If I recall correctly, towards the end of the process of completing this, I got realyl lazy and there were also a few issues that I never corrected - Mostly because I didn't think there was much interest.  If there are people playing this, and there are important issues that need to be solved, I would be willing to make the appropriate fixes.  Anyway, just wondering...

pacito-ex

• View Profile
Re: [REL/FF7] FFVII Lost Wing (PSX/PC)
« Reply #74 on: 2011-10-29 02:14:37 »
ooo I didn't know you had another game?! <obviously doesn't look into this forum long enough or pay attention to old posts> i'll play through :D i'm so psyched ^,^