Author Topic: Zack [Crisis Core]  (Read 28780 times)

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
Zack [Crisis Core]
« on: 2009-06-09 19:43:23 »

Download : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y1PJ8EHB

New Zack field model for FF7 ( Crisis Core based )

Put into the game by Luis Aviles

To get it to work in game, use lgptools to extract the char.lgp into a new folder. Copy all these zack files into the new folder. Then create a new char.lgp and put it back to ff7

Respect:

Square Enix
Blender Foundation
Koral
Borde & Mirex

Where I learnt modeling:
www.blender.org

Where I learnt modding:
namespooferff7.synthasite.com (thanks to namespofer, scorpicus and squeeble)

If someone can post some screenshots in game that would be great.

oraclex

• View Profile
Re: Zack [Crisis Core]
« Reply #1 on: 2009-06-10 19:38:14 »
his head head seems a little big for his body, if ya asked me. otherwise looking good!

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #2 on: 2009-06-10 23:34:06 »
give him credit guys... good job there Luis

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009-06-11 02:28:18 »
Very nicely done. 

Only one complaint though.  He seems.. dispraportionate.

moses7

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009-06-11 07:52:34 »
Frodo has a Buster Sword.

Nice work just needs adjustments.

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #5 on: 2009-06-12 02:10:22 »
I adjusted the skeleton, filled all the holes(except for the hair there are tons of holes still), and repositioned/resized all the pieces. Here's what I got so far. Thanks Luis for the model. glad to have a new Zack.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009-06-12 04:20:01 »
I adjusted the skeleton, filled all the holes(except for the hair there are tons of holes still), and repositioned/resized all the pieces. Here's what I got so far. Thanks Luis for the model. glad to have a new Zack.

Link plz  :-)  I'm planning to do this myself... but if someone else already has it done......

I also plan to get around to importing all the updated enemies/characters from Crisis Core ...sigh...

knight1120

« Reply #7 on: 2009-06-12 13:34:33 »
wow zack from crisis core good work luis  :wink:,  but releasing it is illegal, but still good work you share it and not to hidding it.  :-)

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2009-06-12 13:50:07 »
Hey if you wanna change something feel free to do it. FF7 modding is like a nightmare compared to modding half life or obvilion. I probably won't be doing anything more, unless someone writes a script to export/import the whole ff7 model like they did with half life models in milkshape. That will be much much easier.

Some of you pm me how I did it with blender. All the tools I used are free. RINOA viewer from tech-related section. FF7 modding tools from modding class . Free image editing software GIMP 2.0. And free 3D program Blender.

Here are the steps I did:
- Use RINOA viewer and export the model into obj format.
- Import the model in Blender ( select seperate as materials)
- Select each materials of the models and make sure the UV mapping are correct ( select the material, hit alt+e to go edit mode, go to uv image editor window and make sure the uv coordinates fit the center square box. )
- Now split the models into parts like head, chest, hand... ( select the material, go to edit mode, select the vertices of the part you want to split and then hit y key and choose split)
- Export each part into 3ds format using the special export scipt ( alternative: export the part in obj format, then convert it into 3ds using biturn, this also keeps uv coordinates )
- Open GIMP 2.0 and save the textures in gif format. Then open paint and save in 256 color bmp.
- Open the 3ds file in Pcreator, go to UV coords and flip Y, then go to options and tick texture file. Now select the 3ds part and open the 256 color bitmap. Then go to edit, and choose texture ID of the part ( usually 0,1 or 2). Finally save it as a p file.
- Replace the new p file with the old p file. Now use notepad to open the rsd file that goes with the p file, under NTEX=0 change to NTEX=1( or 2 or 3). Then the line below type NTEX=xxxx.tim and so on.
- Fix the model in Kimera. When you save, if it asks compile multiple bones into one single rsd, choose no.

Here are some images:

I don't know if it works the same with battle models, but this is what I did for my field model Zack. Thanks all you guys again, those models will be great in Garry Mod.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-12 14:33:13 by Luis Aviles »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2009-06-12 13:58:15 »
Thanks a ton!!

It's about time a tutorial was written for blender.

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2009-06-12 18:24:35 »
care to share the model with us grimmy307 ? a PM would be fine too  :-D
It looks great!!

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #11 on: 2009-06-12 19:09:59 »
All I did was resizing in Kimera. It took like 15 minutes, so I'm fairly sure anyone can do it. I won't be putting up a link and IF I were to pm it to people there are only 5-6 members I know well enough to trust. :wink:

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #12 on: 2009-06-13 08:39:28 »
that is one nice zack u did there grimmy! nice job man!

oraclex

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2009-06-13 13:15:38 »
15 min. Huh. Well i'm a real noob in moddeling so my guess it would take me an hour... Anyways great model loved to see it in game

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2009-06-18 03:11:19 »
I plan to import crisis core models into the game and figured this zack would be a good way to familiarize myself with Kimera.  This is what I have so far

He isn't quite the size I was hoping for but I figured I would start sizing his bones and noticed changing them also resizes that sections part.   Does this mean all I need to do is resize the bones?  How exactly do I fill any holes?  Sorry, pretty new to this.

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2009-06-18 03:49:38 »
if you want to fill the holes using kimera then click on the part and the new editor window will open and you will see a button with a triangle image called "create polygon", select 3 vertices you will be able to create a new polygon.

to fill the holes in blender you have to convert the part back into 3ds, load the part in blender, select 3 vertices and hit the f key, then export that again in 3ds and convert to p file in pcreator

i should have filled the holes, but it was my first model i didn't realize there were going to be holes

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2009-06-18 04:46:19 »
if you want to fill the holes using kimera then click on the part and the new editor window will open and you will see a button with a triangle image called "create polygon", select 3 vertices you will be able to create a new polygon.

to fill the holes in blender you have to convert the part back into 3ds, load the part in blender, select 3 vertices and hit the f key, then export that again in 3ds and convert to p file in pcreator

i should have filled the holes, but it was my first model i didn't realize there were going to be holes
I might try loading it back into blender and see how that works  :-P
Also, he is clearly the correct size in blender, so what happens to him that causes the shrinking in FF7?

Luis Aviles

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2009-06-18 05:20:51 »
Because i shrink the parts down so that it fits the original bone length

The model grimmy307 fixed look better because he changed the bone length. I don't know whether it is a good thing to change the bone length because it may cause model clipping( ike the model may stand below the surface). Anyway I don't the save file of zack flashback I can't test anything.

Im trying to convert the whole ff7 model into obj format so that I can resize everything in blender and kimera won't be needed.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2009-06-18 16:39:37 »
I decided to start from scratch in hopes of recreating what you've already done, Luis Aviles.  The models I originally ripped did not have a .mtl file with them.  So I opened up the .obj of that one and the model imports just fine, but the textures don't show.
I re-ripped the model again with Rinoa and this time a .mtl file rips with it.  So I attempt to import that .obj but I get a python script error.  I'm using the x64 version, so maybe I should switch to x86?

Grimmy, could you paste the .txt file of zack's hrc you used?  Right now I'm going off of the PRPs Cloud model, but Zack seems to big to properly fit on Cloud's bone structure.
« Last Edit: 2009-06-18 17:38:12 by obesebear »

Edenkov

« Reply #19 on: 2009-06-27 00:11:34 »
Hi everybody ! I'm new here ! I was wondering if there is a download topic to get final fantasy 3d models in popular format (like .obj...)
If its not, is that possible for you to share the Crisis Core model please ?

Ps: I'm french, and my english is far from perfect, sorry about that !

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2009-06-27 03:51:22 »
Your english is quite good actually!

Qhimm doesn't really support getting the files into .obj.  And yaz0r may or may not have gotten into trouble for creating the tools that allow you to get the models as .obj.

However, for Crisis Core models, do a search for Rinoa and you'll find what you're looking for.

Edenkov

« Reply #21 on: 2009-06-27 10:50:15 »
Thanks for Rinoa !

Edenkov

« Reply #22 on: 2009-06-27 14:36:32 »
Sorry I'm kind of lost !

What do I need to get CCFF7 model ?

I have ff7cc_extractor (and Rinoa)  but I don't know how to use it !

Thank you !

Edit : I just found ^^
« Last Edit: 2009-06-27 23:45:09 by Edenkov »

Trishty

« Reply #23 on: 2009-06-29 09:59:50 »
Fix Zack hair and fill holes  :lol:
I ask for this, create field model need to set Tex id in PCreator ?
I am not good in English, so i use google translate from vietnamese to english, hope you understand what i say  :-D

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2009-06-29 14:33:15 »
I'm sure someone else is better equipped to answer your question.

But I think you have to open the .RSD file in notepad and change NTEX to the number of textures you have.

For example: If you open the EJDD.rsd it should look like this
@RSD940102
PLY=EJDE.PLY
MAT=EJDE.MAT
GRP=EJDE.GRP
NTEX=2
TEX[0]=EJFA.TIM
TEX[1]=EJFA.TIM

« Last Edit: 2009-06-29 14:35:04 by obesebear »