Author Topic: [FF8PC-Steam] Rebirth Flame v1.3 - Character Texture Replacement  (Read 317800 times)

Asker ツ

• During together we can do all job ! ツ
    • View Profile
Graphic ? Do you mean resolution ?
I don't know now, coz i still in school now, I'll check it later.
And I'll tell you again. Thank's yo.

FatedCourage

• I'll never regret knowing you.
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel

Yeah. Second to last in your settings. You could mess with your resolution to see if that helps. But if "Original Graphic Mode" is checked then it's always going to be pixelated. Hope this helps.

Asker ツ

• View Profile

Yeah. Second to last in your settings. You could mess with your resolution to see if that helps. But if "Original Graphic Mode" is checked then it's always going to be pixelated. Hope this helps.

Ohh ya, I know. I marked it all, that cause the problem, so stupid wkwk  ;D
I'm not patient to try. Thank's for your info.  :evil:

jomies_

• whatever doesn't kill you makes you stranger.
    • View Profile
Sorry, I meant the components/files that came with Tonberry v2.04. Or rather, put everything that came with v2.04 into your directory. Which will replace all the old files. If you've completely updated all of Tonberry, then I can't think of much else. I'm really not that tech savvy sadly.

I updated from Tomberry v1.6 to 2.04, copy and paste the files and folders. I missed something updating Tomberry? Something new between 1.6 and 2.04, like a new objmap etc?

Tonight I'll continue trying to find what's wrong.

Thanks for the help FatedCourage!!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Does Lunar Cry work for you? Because it should all work the same. If they all work but mine then perhaps something is wrong with just RF? No problem. Just want everything to work for those interested in this mod.

jomies_

• View Profile
Does Lunar Cry work for you? Because it should all work the same. If they all work but mine then perhaps something is wrong with just RF? No problem. Just want everything to work for those interested in this mod.

Lunar Cry was working yesterday. I'll confirm it tonight, now I'm working, and then I'll tell you something.

Thank you again!

Asker ツ

• View Profile
I updated from Tomberry v1.6 to 2.04, copy and paste the files and folders. I missed something updating Tomberry? Something new between 1.6 and 2.04, like a new objmap etc?

Tonight I'll continue trying to find what's wrong.

Thanks for the help FatedCourage!!
When I'll to mod my characters, I cann't do that maybe cause by my tonberry v1.5 and I change with tonberry v2.04.
This is my steps if you'll to try :
First, I cut texture contents and tonberry contents to another place.
Next, extract tonberry v2.04 to your FF VIII folder and replace that's all.
Then, cut texture contents and tonberry contents that you cut previous to new tonberry folder in FF VIII folder.
Later, place the tonberry contents like RebirthFlame_hm, ProjectEden_hm, and etc to hashmap.
Play and enjoy !

Btw, what the function of lunar cry ?

jomies_

• View Profile
When I'll to mod my characters, I cann't do that maybe cause by my tonberry v1.5 and I change with tonberry v2.04.
This is my steps if you'll to try :
First, I cut texture contents and tonberry contents to another place.
Next, extract tonberry v2.04 to your FF VIII folder and replace that's all.
Then, cut texture contents and tonberry contents that you cut previous to new tonberry folder in FF VIII folder.
Later, place the tonberry contents like RebirthFlame_hm, ProjectEden_hm, and etc to hashmap.
Play and enjoy !

Btw, what the function of lunar cry ?
I'll try it, maybe it works!
Lunar Cry is for have in HD the enemies (59 of 59 enemies are done), but not the Bosses.

Asker ツ

• View Profile
I'll try it, maybe it works!
Lunar Cry is for have in HD the enemies (59 of 59 enemies are done), but not the Bosses.
Lunar cry just hashmap only ? Or texture too ?
Can you show me the url ?

jomies_

• View Profile
Lunar cry just hashmap only ? Or texture too ?
Can you show me the url ?

Look in your PM.

jomies_

• View Profile

You won't believe where was the problem xD
When I pasted the files from RF... I pasted from the 'ch' folder not the 'ch' folder, I dn't know if I'm explaining well XDDD

Thanks for the help! Now it's working perfect!

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
You won't believe where was the problem xD
When I pasted the files from RF... I pasted from the 'ch' folder not the 'ch' folder, I dn't know if I'm explaining well XDDD

Thanks for the help! Now it's working perfect!

Actually, I thought there might've been a problem with the folder being misplaced... :'D But I'm glad it's working for you now.

jomies_

• View Profile
Actually, I thought there might've been a problem with the folder being misplaced... :'D But I'm glad it's working for you now.

Thank you for the help FatedCourage! Now that I played for a while with the mod I can see the really good and hard work that you've done. Unafortunately, i had to put off the Project Eden mod (lot of freezes loading textures).

I'll repeat again, Thank you.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
There appears to be an issue with Selphie. Now and again her texture will not load as displayed here for example.

I've also encountered this in Deling City, when everytime I left General Cararway's Mansion, she would dissapear.

The other place it has occurred from me was in the prison district, but it didn't happen for long.

Thought I'd mention this now as it is becoming some-what regular.

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
There appears to be an issue with Selphie. Now and again her texture will not load as displayed here for example.

I've also encountered this in Deling City, when everytime I left General Cararway's Mansion, she would dissapear.

The other place it has occurred from me was in the prison district, but it didn't happen for long.

Thought I'd mention this now as it is becoming some-what regular.

I'll look into the concert part. I still have a save for that.

Edit: Took a look. She is still there for me.

I'm curious about the prison part... I've gone through there multiple times and haven't had that happen. At what point did her texture do that? Also haven't had the Caraway Mansion disappearance happen since I've stopped using the objmap. What point in the game was that?

I should also ask if you're still using the objmap. Because if you are, that alone causes a lot of disappearing textures. If not, maybe I've corrected a few things lately that I've been working on without knowing.
« Last Edit: 2015-06-22 00:06:44 by FatedCourage »

DarkMatta

• View Profile
The prison, it was soon as you were free of your prison cell. I'm way past that now though.

In dealing. It was literally each time you left the house. Inside the mansion she would be there but when you start following General Caraway so he can show you the route Eden takes in her parade, she doesn't show up until you reach the clock tower under passage. Then you go back to the mansion and the scene where Quistis has a go at Rinoa, she there, but as soon as you leave the house to get into position, she disappears again until you reach the clock again. Once youre locked in the house and find the secret passage, she's dissappear as soon as you go down the ladder underground for the entire time. I might have a clip of this. I'll check when I'm home.

DarkMatta

• View Profile

I should also ask if you're still using the objmap. Because if you are, that alone causes a lot of disappearing textures. If not, maybe I've corrected a few things lately that I've been working on without knowing.

And no, I'm not using any of them. I remember reading here to delete them before I even started playing.

I do have a clip in deling city, but I need to compress it first.

EDIT: HERE WE GO
https://youtu.be/x1CoUes8BC8
« Last Edit: 2015-06-22 19:12:43 by DarkMatta »

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
And no, I'm not using any of them. I remember reading here to delete them before I even started playing.

I do have a clip in deling city, but I need to compress it first.

EDIT: HERE WE GO
https://youtu.be/x1CoUes8BC8

Ah, okay! Thanks for the video! Ill try that combination right now in that spot. Also, do you remember what instrument Selphie was using in that concert scene? I have a hunch it could involve that.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Ah, okay! Thanks for the video! Ill try that combination right now in that spot. Also, do you remember what instrument Selphie was using in that concert scene? I have a hunch it could involve that.

She was doing the Tap Dancing

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
She was doing the Tap Dancing

Huh. Couldn't recreate it or the Deling City part. So, I've updated the v1.1 link for you to try out. I've updated the hashmap and a few texture tweaks. If it fixes any of your problems, please let me know.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Huh. Couldn't recreate it or the Deling City part. So, I've updated the v1.1 link for you to try out. I've updated the hashmap and a few texture tweaks. If it fixes any of your problems, please let me know.

That's strange. Could be something else interfering. Sometime, Triple Triad will revert to its original state and the same with the 'world map' map.

I'll give this ago though. Thanks

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
That's strange. Could be something else interfering. Sometime, Triple Triad will revert to its original state and the same with the 'world map' map.

I'll give this ago though. Thanks

My map did the same thing. I've taken the liberty of fixing the rest of that myself and haven't an issue with that since. ...Should probably send that file to Mcindus now that I think about it. :P Haven't messed with TT in awhile. Could probably gather the rest of those codes too if I knew all the places it reverted in the game.

You're welcome.

DarkMatta

• View Profile
Selphie gone again. Happening right now.

http://www.twitch.tv/darkmatta84

FatedCourage

• View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
Can't view it at the moment between a poor connection and work. As long as I know or see the location and party members in that moment, I'll see what I can do ASAP. Every little bit helps so thanks.

daredevil27

• View Profile
Hey guys im having an issues with RF, no matter how i install it, it will not work. i have tonberry 2.04. Lunar cry works great along with all the other mods. ive also tired RF 1.0 but that hasnt worked either. when ever i put the hashmap inside the hashmap folder none of the mods work. but outside the folder just inside the tonberry folder they work fine with the exception of RF. The ch files are definitely in the texture folder. idk what the deal is, and i cant screen shot while in game running off a mac unfortunately. And i cant attach the screen shot of the folders for whatever reason. :cry: Thanks.