Author Topic: Shut down after escape with Cid  (Read 5009 times)

El Futch

Shut down after escape with Cid
« on: 2005-03-02 02:56:17 »
First of all, Hello!, Im new here!

I´ll be straight, simply because my english sucks and I don´t want to make a fool of myself for too long.

I´ve checked all around the forums for a solution to my problem, after browsing through 14 pages of this sub-forum I got tired and decided to post.

Please forgive me if this has been solved elsewhere but I can almost see myself criying for not being able to play FF7.

I´ve installed the windows XP Patch but my game still crashes right after Cid jumps into the Tiny Bronco on Disc 1, at the exact moment in which he tells everyone "hold on to yer pants cause ·$%!!" or something like that xD

Thanks In Advance!

PS:This wasn´t straight foward at all, sorry

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #1 on: 2005-03-02 03:02:31 »
Ok, there is no "XP patch".. Download 1.02, and install the Chocobo Patch, or run it with FF7w whatever suits you.

El Futch

« Reply #2 on: 2005-03-02 03:38:22 »
Thanks bulk4_me but it´s still a no go.

I installed the 1.4 patch, and it still does not work, do you mean that I must rewrite it with the 1.02 patch?

The game simply shutsdown after Cid´s pant statement.

bulk_4me

• View Profile
    • BWHacks
« Reply #3 on: 2005-03-02 03:44:58 »
The problem is that you are using an unofficial patch, you are 'prolly using that AnimeVamp crap.. Unistall that, and install 1.02.

Aaron

• View Profile
    • http://aaron-kelley.net/
« Reply #4 on: 2005-03-02 03:46:23 »
Here's the deal on the AnimeVamp 1.4 patch thing.

I'm not too familiar with that part of the game -- Does anyone know if a movie is supposed to start playing there?  It's possible you have a corrupt movie file.

El Futch

« Reply #5 on: 2005-03-02 04:46:51 »
Well I installed the chocobo patch, (qhimm´s patch) and I didn´t solve the problem, as a matter of fact I made a step backwards, because now the game "stands still" on Cid´s flashback, on the countdown to the rocket launch.

It does not crash (I can exit it if I want) but It doesn´t go foward either.

Thanks to both of you anyway.

EDITED:

Well, I used Cetra to check on the Debug, and no error is displayed at any moment during the game, it simply closes.

I had the original executables reinstalled and im back with the problem at the beggining.

EDITED again:

Agh, I don´t know what else to do, I´ve even used the Jenova save editor  to "teleport" right after the tiny bronco crash but it still does not work.

It´s probably too much to ask for this, but if someone would offer to play this part with my saved game on his/her FF7 game I would truly appreciate it, I just need to get past kicking Palmers butt.

I´ve browsed along the web and it seems that the problem is within my Pc.
Because the chocobo race works well without the patch, and anything else you can think of works perfectly, except the darn tiny Bronco Escape sequence.

Thanks in advance

Auron

« Reply #6 on: 2005-08-19 12:10:04 »
Old thread I know but I have the exact same problem, as son as Cid makes his pant statement the game exits

jamesyfx

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005-08-19 12:41:06 »
For the record, a video does start playing.

If you're running the game with the nvidia mode.. then *try* switching it off.. I had loads of problems with crashing before videos and stuff, but when I changed that option, it worked great.

Might *not* work.. but, it's worth giving it a go. :p

Auron

« Reply #8 on: 2005-08-19 12:43:56 »
would anyone be willing to do the palmer fight for me and save after the bronco crashes?

[email protected]

Thanks

eggdude

« Reply #9 on: 2005-08-24 02:34:43 »
I had the same problem and it  was definetly because of a corrupted movie file.  The movie is called jairofal.avi.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005-08-24 03:41:17 »
It's not a "corrupted movie", but it IS on a bad place on the disk and can be hard to access.

Have you tried Copying your FMVs to your hard drive?

Auron

« Reply #11 on: 2005-08-26 10:58:25 »
Quote from: EmperorSteele
It's not a "corrupted movie", but it IS on a bad place on the disk and can be hard to access.

Have you tried Copying your FMVs to your hard drive?

All my movies run from Hard Disk

Same problem.

eggdude

« Reply #12 on: 2005-08-27 04:17:27 »
If the file is on your hard drive you can simply delete it and copy another video file and rename to jairofal.avi.  That will let you get past that part.