Author Topic: Where to get Samuel Slight's FF8 DLS?  (Read 4381 times)

Klaw117

• View Profile
Where to get Samuel Slight's FF8 DLS?
« on: 2014-02-13 21:52:30 »
Title says it all. I did a quick search here and on Google and I didn't find any working download links here. The website that originally hosted the files (http://ffsf.aaron-kelley.net/download_8.html) just gives a Dropbox 509 error now when the download links for the DLS and the SGT package are clicked. I know about the RaW mod, but I'm curious how the game will sound with midi files that are actually read properly. Does anyone still have the files on their hard drive that they could upload or know of a working download link?

I'm assuming that since I use my motherboard's integrated sound card, I'd need the SGT package.

Also, side question that I'm kind of curious about: Did anyone ever manage to fix Quetzacoatl's sound effects or has that bug eluded everyone for the last thirteen years?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
Re: Where to get Samuel Slight's FF8 DLS?
« Reply #1 on: 2014-02-15 03:26:36 »
I have the DLS. I even packed it and uploaded it just for you!

Also, while I'm aware of the Quetzacoatl sound bug, I never experienced it (or paid any attention to it). I did use the French version for the PC, but I doubt anything was changed sound-wise. Or I just really didn't pay attention.

-Vgr

Klaw117

• View Profile
Re: Where to get Samuel Slight's FF8 DLS?
« Reply #2 on: 2014-02-15 14:59:51 »
Haha, thanks a lot! I really appreciate it.