Author Topic: What did santa give you?  (Read 19783 times)

Darkness

• View Profile
    • http://www.x0r.net
What did santa give you?
« Reply #25 on: 2001-12-28 15:25:00 »
that sux, qhimm....

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #26 on: 2001-12-28 17:35:00 »
joey said he didn't get anything..... is that true joey?
IS IT JOEY

M0T

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #27 on: 2001-12-28 18:51:00 »
Well I might be way off  here but I didn't think joey celebrated christmas.

Goku7

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #28 on: 2001-12-28 20:10:00 »
Well, for some reason my relatives had a money theme in mind for me:

1 new wallet (with $20 in it!!)
Several checks, ranging from the $25 to the $100 one I got on my birthday.
About 4 gift cards for Best Buy (I wanted to use them to buy Final Fantasy Anthology, but alas, they don't even carry it! -_-)

And of course, this nice new system upgrade that brought me up to a P4 1.5Ghz with 256megs DDR RAM and a 400Mhz Front Side Bus.

Of course, I had to pay for half of it, but the important part is that all this money will allow me to get out of the debt that was created by buying the upgrade!!

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
What did santa give you?
« Reply #29 on: 2001-12-28 23:23:00 »
Let's see...

A bag of White Chocolate
A "Super Speed Grip" Steering wheel cover
A "First Interstate" money bag (with cool chopsticks in it.)
A CD/DVD disc cleaner
Jurassic Park III DVD
Iron Chef book
Car cleaning mitt
A tall, glass jar full of Macaroni (jar is ususally used for spagetii)
A "Planet of the Apes" ape mug
A 12 issue (1 year?) subscription to Gold Digger
A pocket watch
A "How to Draw Anime Robots" book
Civilization III (I bought that for myself about 2 or 3 days before Christmas)
and finally,
Star Trek Armada II

I DID ask for FFX (and a PS2, since we only have my brother's) but I didn't get it. Not that I really expected to get them either...

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Darkness

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #30 on: 2001-12-29 02:01:00 »
ohh... one of my books was "How to Draw Anime Characters in Casual Wear" it was all the store had....

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
What did santa give you?
« Reply #31 on: 2001-12-29 03:15:00 »
I got a ton of "How to draw Anime" books. The only problem is, they're all in Japanese. Fortunatly, they're very graphical. You don't have to be able to read Japanese in order to understand.

Sephiroth 3D

"I don't understand..." "You don't have to understand." - Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
What did santa give you?
« Reply #32 on: 2001-12-29 12:08:00 »
Oh, how I envy you. Really.

Edea

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #33 on: 2001-12-29 15:21:00 »
Wow sounds like you guys got some pretty cool stuff. The main thing I got was a dvd player. Yay no more crappy vcr tapes! Bad thing is no good dvds...yet.  :wink:

MMiller8

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #34 on: 2001-12-29 17:27:00 »
Yes, I know some birds are practically no trouble at all, but I have a few problems with getting one.  One, I practically fel in love with sun conures, so if I get a bird, I want one of them.  They cost $300 :(.  Also, there is adequate caging, the toys, the supplies, the fact that I have 3 hours of homework each night and these birds require at least an hour and a half of attention a day, and the whole teflon scare.  I happen to like non-stick cookware.  plus, in 3 years, I go to college, and I won't be able to take them.

M0T

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #35 on: 2001-12-29 20:07:00 »
WoW I just got a new CD player and Amplifier :D for those who want to have a look at it its here http://www.ian.garrett.btinternet.co.uk/f  beware 56ker's

J*** H*******

What did santa give you?
« Reply #36 on: 2001-12-29 22:56:00 »
Message.

Goku7

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #37 on: 2001-12-30 01:09:00 »
Hey, we're still in the polygon era of 3d.

I think we'll have holodeck technology if (or when, if you're optimistic) 3dfx comes back, buys out nVidia, and creates the ultimate video chipset, which they could call the VeForce (their version of the GeForce chipset.  The "V" would come from "Voodoo".) :wink:

The Holodeck: The ultimate 3d Accelerator!

Then again, the Final Fantasy series would be taken to a whole new level on the Holodeck! :D  Imagine, you're actually there with other charaters, and your taking the Dollet Exam for SeeD, dodging explosions and magic attacks as you head to the city square!

Of course, there would be some downsides.  I'm pretty sure that there are some sickos out there who would take the opportunity to act inappropriately with the characters. -_-
[edited] 239 2001-12-30 02:16

J*** H*******

What did santa give you?
« Reply #38 on: 2001-12-30 01:25:00 »
Message.

Darkness

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #39 on: 2001-12-30 02:29:00 »
meaning all of your greatest fantasies would come in polygonal form.

PurpleSmurf

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #40 on: 2001-12-30 02:36:00 »
yea and you would never leave your house. EVER. cause you could buy sunless suntan lotion and just apply it then people would THINK you were goinng outside. and you could just spend hte rest of your time with supermodels :)

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
What did santa give you?
« Reply #41 on: 2001-12-30 06:45:00 »
I'm all for Holodeck technology, but there IS such a thing as too much. At one point it would simply be an incredibally Mentally and Physically unhealthy thing to do. You would eventually come to the point where you can't tell reality from the holodeck's fantasy.

Supposedly, there's a similar occurance when one plays video games too much...
I can understand people wanting to do all sorts of... unappropriate things to FF characters. I'm sure the characters would respond as they would in the game if someone tried that. (With Tifa, you'd get your jaw kicked off.)

But here's a question: Using PS9 or Holodeck technology, would you rebuild the FF7 characters to be realistic, or would you leave them looking like anime characters?

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

J*** H*******

What did santa give you?
« Reply #42 on: 2001-12-30 07:19:00 »
Message.

Darkness

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #43 on: 2001-12-30 17:10:00 »
i remember that episode :)  if the ff7 characters were left in anime form, cloud's hair could be used as a weapon.

M0T

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #44 on: 2001-12-30 20:56:00 »
But if there is a computer controlling it all it would take would be a hack to get themi all naked and horny :wink:
And the model number is RA-612 but good luck on finding anything, its 25 years old!!

Goku7

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #45 on: 2001-12-30 22:02:00 »
I saw the episode too.

Actually, according to a *really* old Star Trek Encyclopedia I got from my grandparents, creating holographic versions of other real people without their consent is considered a "serious invasion of personal privacy".  I think it was also considered a criminal offense, or at least illegal.

As for character responses, well, you forgot about the holodeck's safety protocols, that prevent the user from serious physical harm that would be caused by a holographic object; in Tifa's case, that blow to the jaw wouldn't even faze the sicko.

Sephiroth 3D

• View Profile
    • ModCitizen 42
What did santa give you?
« Reply #46 on: 2001-12-30 22:51:00 »
If that was true, explain O'Brian's dislocated shoulder. I doubt he turns off the safties. That requires two command-level officers passcodes.

As for Tifa's action... That's a but of an exaggeration. You'd be kicked and it'd feel like it came off, but it'd definatly be sore.

Sephiroth 3D

Sephiroth 3D.com
[email protected]

Goku7

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #47 on: 2001-12-30 23:48:00 »
Good point.  Perhaps the safety protocols don't after stuff like falling to the ground.  

Now that I think about it, I'm guessin' the safties only come into play when you get hit with an otherwise life-threating injury, like being shot or falling off a really high cliff.  That would explain how he dislocated his shoulder, while not disengaging the safety protocols.

M0T

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #48 on: 2001-12-31 13:37:00 »
Also, wouldnt the ground only be a projected image above the holodeck floor so he would still hit the holodeck floor and injure himself.

Darkness

• View Profile
What did santa give you?
« Reply #49 on: 2001-12-31 15:10:00 »
but wouldn't falling off a cliff only be simulated by blowing air at you to prolong the fall so you wouldn't hit as hard anyway?