Author Topic: And now, the forecast for the summer  (Read 28994 times)

Qhimm

• Founder
    • View Profile
    • Qhimm.com
And now, the forecast for the summer
« on: 2001-06-18 14:27:00 »
This is sure to make some of you groan, but expect very little activity on my behalf for the near future. I know I said things would speed up after I graduated, but I feel I have to catch up on the time I couldn't spend with my girlfriend (due to school). It's a matter of priority, after all.

Thus, my part of the remake will also be in stasis for a while. I hope you all understand and respect this decision of mine.

~ Qhimm, signing off

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #1 on: 2001-06-18 15:06:00 »
No problem with me at least. In fact, if you prioritized differently I would have to troll this forum dead to get you some free time on your hands...real life should always have priority!

(Then again I'm not involved with the remake, so it really shouldn't affect me as much of the rest in here)

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2001-06-18 16:29:00 »
Heheh. Dont have to much fun Qhimm.

[This message has been edited by Sir Canealot (edited June 18, 2001).]

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2001-06-18 17:45:00 »
Oh well, Qhimm go ahead and enjoy yourself.
After all, I do think we have enough people to temporarily hold this place together   :)

*EDIT*
Hey, Qhimm will you still be administrating the site?

[This message has been edited by The SaiNt (edited June 18, 2001).]

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: 2001-06-18 21:49:00 »
I'm not complaining as long as you update more than Bleem! does(that being once or twice a year)

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2001-06-19 02:19:00 »
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeey! You DO have a girlfriend!  *APPLAUSE*

Caddberry

• View Profile
    • http://animenfo.com/
« Reply #6 on: 2001-06-19 16:39:00 »
Stay Kool Qhimm  :)

Sweet Dreamz

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #7 on: 2001-06-19 10:11:00 »
Good luck, Qhimm!

(Of course I respect your decision.  Girl friends always come first!  :))

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2001-06-19 12:36:00 »
Yeah, girlfriends should come first as they have a high tendency to say sayonara if not enough attention is given to them. But of course, if you are still schooling then studies come first.

dagsverre

• View Profile
    • http://ffsf.cjb.net
« Reply #9 on: 2001-06-19 16:23:00 »
School is career. Girlfriend is life. Which is most important?

Actually, Joey, I would tend to disagree with you on this one (and this time you have actually posted something I would not take for a troll if it came fromsomebody else). Then again both me and Qhimm live in countries where you can jump all you want in the social security net without finding holes in it...I would say that careers are in general less important to people here than elsewhere (of course it varies from person to person, I tend to care even less about career than most people around here...I have no idea what Qhimm's priorities would be).

In reality there will always be compromises in prioritizing from day to day so it does kind of fail to discuss things in this way anyway.

[EDIT: I just went *too* far off topic there...this should make it at least a little  better]

[This message has been edited by dagsverre (edited June 19, 2001).]

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2001-06-19 20:42:00 »
Uhh....yeah.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2001-06-20 09:27:00 »
Joey you must get beat up in school huh..? anyway there is no way school would come first.. what good is a career without a person to share it.. yeah you can always find one down the road .. but it becomes harder... i definitely wouldnt just throw away a good relations ship cuz of school...but it would have to be a good relationship.

The SaiNt

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2001-06-20 11:17:00 »
This time I'm gonna have to side Joey.
Not that I'm against having g/f's or b/f's when you're studying, but the very "rigid" Asian culture is very much like that. Not many people are like that anyway.

I know I certainly wouldn't be like that.  :)

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2001-06-20 11:22:00 »
Well, maybe that's the way it goes in your country but in my country education is the most important. We find girlfriends in later ages, say, 20++ as our parents will object us to the very bottom. Anyway, I've got a steady one already and of course, I use the excuse that she is just a study group member.

Did your parents object you having girlfriends?Mine will give me a torturing lecture which will last for a day or two.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2001-06-20 12:45:00 »
Wow Joey, my girlfrined comes above everything else in my whole life! Sod education!

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2001-06-20 12:55:00 »
Really? What's your girlfriend like? Mine is s saddist sometimes but she is quite decent and very good too.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2001-06-21 18:25:00 »
Sadistic ay... oh dear! You heard about what Angelina Jolie gets up to with her husband... she's wicked but she erm... likes it with knifes!!

I'm just recovering from the fact that there will be no Anna Kournikova at Wimbledon this year  :(

Really? What's your girlfriend like?
She's wicked.... ask Vic (eerrrr) he said she looked like Cameron Diaz  :wink:

eerrrr

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2001-06-21 20:52:00 »
Yeah Amy's very nice, but I wont go any further otherwise Mark'll get pissed off. You might have noticed I havent been posting much recently, its because.....well....I visit the board everyday but I cant be bothered to post, so hello. I still dont see whats so great about Kournikova.

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2001-06-21 22:15:00 »
Kournikova is wicked! Last Wimbledon when the Umpire told her to change into a different top because it was yellow and she got changed on court.... heh heh.... amazing  :wink:

Alhexx

• View Profile
    • http://www.alhexx.com
« Reply #19 on: 2001-06-21 23:47:00 »
Girlfriend discussions, heh?
Well, I don't have one  :(
But I'm planning to find one this summer (I think I'm spending too much time on this Messageboard, I guess I should leave my smelling room and go out there where the girls are...)

Qhimm: Have fun!  :)

Original Topic: I won't be online for some weeks, too, but I *don't really think* that someone will miss me... :(

- Alhexx

MMiller8

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2001-06-22 02:26:00 »
We'll ALL miss you, Alhexx! Don't be silly!  have a good time wherever you're going!
I don't have a girlfriend, either.  :(

Jedimark

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2001-06-23 02:10:00 »
Hey I've just read that Final Fantasy IV and Chrono Trigger are to be released together for the PSX 1  :) Cool

Sukaeto

• View Profile
    • Sukaeto's web server
« Reply #22 on: 2001-06-25 08:55:00 »
Hmm.  I've never played FFIV, but Chrono Trigger is an excellent game.  Great music, gameplay, characters, and story.

Caddberry

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2001-06-25 09:35:00 »
getting back to the subject of g/fs.. i have had them since like 6th grade.. actually my first was 3rd grade.. but i really dont count that... my mom well never really had any reason to intervene in my life.. and if she did basically i told her it was my business.. but me and my mom get along great..  :) As of now i am single.. but i just got some play a few weeks ago so i am ok..  :) he he he..

Joey

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2001-06-25 11:08:00 »
Mine g/f will shave my legs when I'm asleep and put makeup on me....but she is serious sometimes...