Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4836763 times)

Idubaren

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7825 on: 2019-05-19 00:40:21 »
Hi there again Chief. I've just replayed through Cloud's Flashback and I reached the part of the library (after you get to save the game) and it turns out that when you get to the Library a few text boxes from Sephiroth reading the records and reports stored there seem broken... they open up but are invisible to the player but you have to make them move as normal as if you could read them. I remember it happened with the previous version of the mod too. Is this intentional? If not i can send you my savefile so you can check it. Sorry to bring up another issue with your great mod u.u

Also I've already went past the point of unlocking  the ranking up for characters. However I found out tha, for Cloud you recive the correct number of Sources but for Tifa, who was my next rank up I got the Sourcces as if they where still x5 I can fix this with Black Chokobo myself, just letting you know about it. Also I'm keeping separate savefiles for all this so if this gets fixed later I can go back and check and I'm glad for once I'm doing that one thing xDDD
« Last Edit: 2019-05-19 02:56:39 by Iduabren »

deha0002

• View Profile
« Reply #7826 on: 2019-05-19 15:25:44 »
Been a while  :).

Some time ago you (Sega) mentioned that you had started the last update process for NT 1.5.
I now see that you have updated the regular link but the changelog doesnt really say anything about the changes you started on.

Is it the final version? If not do you have an idea of when it could be out? Not stressing anything, just wondering since the first page was updated.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7827 on: 2019-05-19 16:14:12 »
Edit 4: With the new .exes you provided everything looks good now. What are the NT materia stats for the basic magic (Fire, Ice, Lightning) supposed to be? I'm showing Vit - 3, Mag def -3, and Max MP +3%

Yeah that's correct.

Hi there again Chief. I've just replayed through Cloud's Flashback and I reached the part of the library (after you get to save the game) and it turns out that when you get to the Library a few text boxes from Sephiroth reading the records and reports stored there seem broken... they open up but are invisible to the player but you have to make them move as normal as if you could read them. I remember it happened with the previous version of the mod too. Is this intentional? If not i can send you my savefile so you can check it. Sorry to bring up another issue with your great mod u.u

Also I've already went past the point of unlocking  the ranking up for characters. However I found out tha, for Cloud you recive the correct number of Sources but for Tifa, who was my next rank up I got the Sourcces as if they where still x5 I can fix this with Black Chokobo myself, just letting you know about it. Also I'm keeping separate savefiles for all this so if this gets fixed later I can go back and check and I'm glad for once I'm doing that one thing xDDD

I think that might be to do with another mod, there were some oddities in certain scenes when certain graphical mods are used. I think Kald's mod had a weird conflict with a scene in the Temple of the Ancients where dialogue wasn't being displayed as well.

I'll check and sort out Tifa's sources; that's a field script thing.

Been a while  :).

Some time ago you (Sega) mentioned that you had started the last update process for NT 1.5.
I now see that you have updated the regular link but the changelog doesnt really say anything about the changes you started on.

Is it the final version? If not do you have an idea of when it could be out? Not stressing anything, just wondering since the first page was updated.

This was a maintenance patch to get rid of a ongoing issue with Sources and some other problems (also to clean up the forum thread, etc.); I'm finding the game's .exe tricky to patch reliably which was leaving players with a fifth of the intended Sources and struggling later on in the game with battles.

The full update is still in the works, this was just a spring clean of sorts.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7828 on: 2019-05-19 16:20:17 »
I think that might be to do with another mod, there were some oddities in certain scenes when certain graphical mods are used. I think Kald's mod had a weird conflict with a scene in the Temple of the Ancients where dialogue wasn't being displayed as well.

I'll check and sort out Tifa's sources; that's a field script thing.

Well I'm using Kaldarasha's battle models on almost all the characters, but it's only in the battle scenes where I have changed the models, I thought those text boxes where not in the battle :/ weird

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7829 on: 2019-05-19 18:01:28 »
Patched up the sources problem, links are updated.

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7830 on: 2019-05-19 18:19:02 »
perfect ^^ got the sources as they're intended ^^

jdubs079

• View Profile
« Reply #7831 on: 2019-05-19 19:15:56 »
Patched up the sources problem, links are updated.

Great, thanks for all of your help yesterday! I have one more question, If I've got a current save still on disc 1 and I update to the fixed sources version do you know if everything will work as intended, or should I create a new save?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7832 on: 2019-05-19 20:22:43 »
perfect ^^ got the sources as they're intended ^^

Nice, we got there in the end.

Great, thanks for all of your help yesterday! I have one more question, If I've got a current save still on disc 1 and I update to the fixed sources version do you know if everything will work as intended, or should I create a new save?

Your saves are unaffected and will still have the correct bonus when updating.

jdubs079

• View Profile
« Reply #7833 on: 2019-05-19 20:37:03 »
Your saves are unaffected and will still have the correct bonus when updating.

Sounds good thanks again!

BTW, I saw your post on the thread about your "Mouths Mod" and as far as I can tell it does work for Kald's chibi models.

dumbstrom

• View Profile
« Reply #7834 on: 2019-05-20 23:57:15 »
I played this a while ago and got frustrated and quit at the end game content (collecting the materias with chocobos) I wondered if anyone has done any type of text based walkthrough or if any numbers are easily available for boss hp numbers etc?

CelzYosef

• View Profile
« Reply #7835 on: 2019-05-21 03:27:17 »
Hi! I would love to try this New Threat mod but in conjunction with the FF7 HD Graphics Mod (also known as The Reunion http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0 )

Video footage of the HD graphics mod found here: https://youtu.be/-ZM7At9_BSE?t=963

Do you have any idea if they will work together, or will it crash? I would test it myself but I don't have the game on steam yet and I don't want to buy it in case it doesn't work, since
I'm only interested in playing the game if I can use the 2 mods together. It would be so sick if it worked!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7836 on: 2019-05-21 09:12:05 »
I played this a while ago and got frustrated and quit at the end game content (collecting the materias with chocobos) I wondered if anyone has done any type of text based walkthrough or if any numbers are easily available for boss hp numbers etc?

There's no walkthrough that I know of but I can put together a quick list of strategies for end-game bosses when I get back from work.

Hi! I would love to try this New Threat mod but in conjunction with the FF7 HD Graphics Mod (also known as The Reunion http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=14914.0 )

Video footage of the HD graphics mod found here: https://youtu.be/-ZM7At9_BSE?t=963

Do you have any idea if they will work together, or will it crash? I would test it myself but I don't have the game on steam yet and I don't want to buy it in case it doesn't work, since
I'm only interested in playing the game if I can use the 2 mods together. It would be so sick if it worked!

Graphics mods should work, but you may need to use 7th Heaven modloader (or maybe the Direct folders?) to get them running together without issues.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #7837 on: 2019-05-21 13:05:40 »

That is not The Reunion mod. I assume you think it is because Trooper posted a comment in the video saying it was. Trooper is wrong.
« Last Edit: 2019-05-21 13:08:12 by EQ2Alyza »

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7838 on: 2019-05-21 20:16:51 »
Oi Saga, can we still get the enemy skill that we got from Chokobos at the Grasslands? if so how, because I've been throwing greens at them but they just keep running away without using their chokobuckle or the ability you might have changed it for, so I'm getting confused... perhaps I'm using the wrong greens?

---EDIT---

ok nevermind, I saw you restored the requirement of using mimmet greens on them for it to work hehe

---EDIT2---

Also sega did you decide to take away the recolor on the Midgard Zolom? Because it caught me while I was trying to go back to the mithril cave and I saw it was the vanilla colors even if it still did killer damage and stole my life with a bite :/
« Last Edit: 2019-05-21 20:47:04 by Iduabren »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7839 on: 2019-05-21 21:30:50 »
Oi Saga, can we still get the enemy skill that we got from Chokobos at the Grasslands? if so how, because I've been throwing greens at them but they just keep running away without using their chokobuckle or the ability you might have changed it for, so I'm getting confused... perhaps I'm using the wrong greens?

---EDIT---

ok nevermind, I saw you restored the requirement of using mimmet greens on them for it to work hehe

---EDIT2---

Also sega did you decide to take away the recolor on the Midgard Zolom? Because it caught me while I was trying to go back to the mithril cave and I saw it was the vanilla colors even if it still did killer damage and stole my life with a bite :/

When you said that, I realised that all of the bosses will be using their default colours in the IRO; I went with a list that had the new/replacement models which didn't have the palette-swaps on it. Guess that explains why the IRO was 20mb smaller than normal...

Idubaren

• View Profile
« Reply #7840 on: 2019-05-22 01:22:09 »
oh well, I guess I can wait a bit before going on to the next boss of the game. The mechanics are correct and all but I'd like to go with everything the mod offers hehe ^^

trueshaggy2

• View Profile
« Reply #7841 on: 2019-05-22 05:46:30 »
Hey Sega,

Doing my first playthrough of NT FF7 right now, and I have hit a snag that I can't seem to figure out:
Omnislash, it does 1 damage per hit on end-game enemies.

I thought maybe getting Cloud's Ultimate Weapon that might change.....and it did. To 3 damage per hit.
Is there a way to increase its power, or in this mod is it intentionally nerfed to prevent relying on that LB on end-game side quests and final boss?

Thanks!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7842 on: 2019-05-22 07:18:13 »
Doesn't sound right, also the weapon formula isn't applied to the limits they typically use a physical formula. Could you post your stats cause I suspect you've had less sources than intended.

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7843 on: 2019-05-22 09:06:26 »
Hiya Chief,

I've run into a strange one on the Highwind.  I bought a couple of choco stables and nabbed some chocobos, but I couldnt board the Highwind while mounted (no biggie, sent them off to the stables).  I then went into the Chocobo room on the Highwind and discovered
Spoiler: show
The soldier hiding there waiting for his boss to wake up, then I walked up to talk to the normal guy that takes care of the chocobo, and encountered a boss fight with EX-ATM, at which point, Barret shouts out (its still not dead) - Barret isnt in my party - Jessie is frozen in place behind my middle character, and EX-ATM dies in one hit.  I then find myself back in the room, where I can repeat the whole sequence.

Any idea what I've done wrong to get this? The only thing I've done that I consider out of the ordinary is
Speak to the mechanic on the Highwind who makes Aeris back alive.

I've not installed your latest IRO yet, after noticing its 20mb lighter (and found the reason in the post above).

Can get a save file over to you this eve if its any use :)

HeXy

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7844 on: 2019-05-22 14:18:44 »
Hiya Chief,

I've run into a strange one on the Highwind.  I bought a couple of choco stables and nabbed some chocobos, but I couldnt board the Highwind while mounted (no biggie, sent them off to the stables).  I then went into the Chocobo room on the Highwind and discovered
The soldier hiding there waiting for his boss to wake up, then I walked up to talk to the normal guy that takes care of the chocobo, and encountered a boss fight with EX-ATM, at which point, Barret shouts out (its still not dead) - Barret isnt in my party - Jessie is frozen in place behind my middle character, and EX-ATM dies in one hit.  I then find myself back in the room, where I can repeat the whole sequence.

Any idea what I've done wrong to get this? The only thing I've done that I consider out of the ordinary is
Speak to the mechanic on the Highwind who makes Aeris back alive.

I've not installed your latest IRO yet, after noticing its 20mb lighter (and found the reason in the post above).

Can get a save file over to you this eve if its any use :)

HeXy

Nothing seriously wrong, I use that crewman to debug fights and then I forget to remove the fight before a patch update; I've done it about 1002342121 times so far.

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7845 on: 2019-05-22 15:01:38 »
Nothing seriously wrong, I use that crewman to debug fights and then I forget to remove the fight before a patch update; I've done it about 1002342121 times so far.

Haha brilliant  :-D Cheers for letting me know  :)

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7846 on: 2019-05-22 18:36:53 »
I updated the IRO with the models; oddly, didn't see a fight trigger in crewman's talk script on the Highwind though.

marcsafrin

• View Profile
« Reply #7847 on: 2019-05-22 20:07:55 »
Hi Sega Chief

1st time ever here on qhimm.Just wanna say i've enjoyed your mod and appreciate the you've put into mod.

after the 19th may source update,you reverted the source back to 1:1 ratio,it seem to give the correct amount of sources but the ratio for me is still 1:5 ratio.
After the 1st rank up i noticed i was overpowered,with 15 str sources amounting to 15x5=75 str.I was combing through the replies for an answer,tried to fix it but to no avail... :-[

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7848 on: 2019-05-22 21:28:10 »
Hi Sega Chief

1st time ever here on qhimm.Just wanna say i've enjoyed your mod and appreciate the you've put into mod.

after the 19th may source update,you reverted the source back to 1:1 ratio,it seem to give the correct amount of sources but the ratio for me is still 1:5 ratio.
After the 1st rank up i noticed i was overpowered,with 15 str sources amounting to 15x5=75 str.I was combing through the replies for an answer,tried to fix it but to no avail... :-[

If it's still giving x5 per use, then your exe files need to be changed out. Check the IRO folder for the new ones, but the regular installer should have overwritten them with the new ones. Which install method did you use?

Lunatic High

• Some people you meet, others you don't.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7849 on: 2019-05-22 22:54:48 »
Since updating to 1.5, I'm having an issue with Cloud where he's permanently considered rank 1/8, so he's just indefinitely ranking up. All his stats are nearly maxed now.

https://i.imgur.com/W23nQZL.png
« Last Edit: 2019-05-22 23:17:18 by Lunatic High »