Author Topic: [FF7] Tutorial for Bootleg - Tifa's Bootleg  (Read 2433328 times)

shwikkaman

• View Profile
Re: [Tutorial] Tifa's Bootleg
« Reply #2075 on: 2014-03-29 17:22:36 »

Try the FF7Music Patch from the FAQ section.

Got the game to play: yes! However, the patch for the music doesn't work. Every time I run it, it says "The system cannot find the file C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\FF7Music\FF7MUSIC.ini" I've looked around for an FF7MUSIC.ini file, but there doesn't seem to be one available for download. What happens now?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #2076 on: 2014-03-29 18:13:49 »
What music option did you choose?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: 2014-03-29 19:01:50 »
I installed for steam version but ffconfig says stop working, download this http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25 but still same. I am waiting waiting but game not start. Anyone send me ff7 config file different from 1.02 or 441 kb?

Edit: I tried 5 times but still same this game not open, login with steam its open but I want to play with bootleg. FFconfig.exe still says "stop working" and my app files is empty. Why? Please help me.

My system is: Win 7 32 bit/3 gb ram/310m vga
I palyed this system about 50 hours with tifas bootleg. Why it does not work now why?

Bootleg version is 0.40
« Last Edit: 2014-03-30 12:36:41 by irienaoki »

shwikkaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: 2014-03-29 19:43:49 »
What music option did you choose?

I tried on both the original PSF and remastered version, each after making sure that the patch had deleted the old folder so there would be no overlap. Both come up with the same error message and uninstall the music.

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: 2014-03-29 23:57:36 »
Got the game to play: yes! However, the patch for the music doesn't work. Every time I run it, it says "The system cannot find the file C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\FF7Music\FF7MUSIC.ini" I've looked around for an FF7MUSIC.ini file, but there doesn't seem to be one available for download. What happens now?

The FF7Music patch is not made ​​to run twice.
See into the folder [gamedir]\ficedula, there all files should be located to FF7Music.
If there is a folder "fice" located in the Games folder, the patch is not finished. Rename "fice" into "ficedula", then it should work.

If nothing helps, I need the data structure of the game folder and more info...

BloodyBonzai

• View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: 2014-03-30 07:26:36 »
I start playing and after the opening cutscene (which has music) there is no music going into the gameplay.  I am using the 1998 version of FF7, everything else in the MOD is working from what can be seen going 2 minutes into the game.  I think maybe I am having an issue because I am using a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card....  Any ideas?

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: 2014-03-30 07:55:38 »
I start playing and after the opening cutscene (which has music) there is no music going into the gameplay.  I am using the 1998 version of FF7, everything else in the MOD is working from what can be seen going 2 minutes into the game.  I think maybe I am having an issue because I am using a Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium sound card....  Any ideas?

downoad and install ffmusic 1.1.12

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: 2014-03-30 15:37:04 »
I installed for steam version but ffconfig says stop working, download this http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.25 but still same. I am waiting waiting but game not start. Anyone send me ff7 config file different from 1.02 or 441 kb?

Edit: I tried 5 times but still same this game not open, login with steam its open but I want to play with bootleg. FFconfig.exe still says "stop working" and my app files is empty. Why? Please help me.

My system is: Win 7 32 bit/3 gb ram/310m vga
I palyed this system about 50 hours with tifas bootleg. Why it does not work now why?

Bootleg version is 0.40

I solved just delete ffconfig and download 7thheaven for ff7. Just unrar in ff7 root file and click 7th heaven.exe and I play witg bootleg, but there is another problem the game does not appear playing on steam. Interesting.

Edit: I solved. Just on steam add a non-steam game and add final fantasy 7 bootloader then ok. I want to say something. I click FF7 on steam but bootleg not working the game open with normal mod, then I click ff7 bootlader on steam ff7 opening wiht bootleg. I want to click normal FF7 and the game open with bootleg. I hope you understand. Sorry my english. 

Edit 2: I solved. Just rename FF7 to ff7_launcher and delete original ff7_launcher and ff7_en so its working. Thanks again EQALYZA and other mod programmers. One last thing, is there a download link for ff7 rebot advent children videos? I did not fount.

edit 3: There is no music in game I tried many things but no music in game.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-30 20:58:00 by irienaoki »

shwikkaman

• View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: 2014-03-30 20:54:09 »
The FF7Music patch is not made ​​to run twice.
See into the folder [gamedir]\ficedula, there all files should be located to FF7Music.
If there is a folder "fice" located in the Games folder, the patch is not finished. Rename "fice" into "ficedula", then it should work.

If nothing helps, I need the data structure of the game folder and more info...

Everything is under the folder  C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII. This is where I put the FF7_Music_Patch and this is also where I have the folder Fice, which I renamed to Ficedula as you said. Right now, there is no FF7Music folder. I've tried downloading it via the ff7music_install_15112 program, both PSF and the remastered version, which creates the FF7Music folder. However, running the game after either of these downloaded doesn't work.

Running the patch with an FF7Music folder and Fidecula do nothing. After running the patch, it always says that it's copying ff&Music and dll's, that 31 files were copied, but then says "moving Musicfolders..." and "rename some fies..." where both have multiple "The system cannot find the file specified." messages. It then says "set profile..."", copies 1 file, then returns the "The system cannot find the file C:\Games\Steam\steamapps\common\Final Fantasy VII\FF7Music\FF7MUSIC.ini" message. Finally, it always says my Used Profil is FF7_PSF, uninstalls old FF7Music... copies one file, and says "Press any key to continue..."

After this, any FF7Music folder is gone and we're back to where we started

Kompass63

• View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: 2014-03-31 02:58:17 »
The patch is designed to change an installation with Bootleg.
That someone Covarrs ff7music_install_15112 used then, I have not considered.
I'm afraid you've deleted all the music files ...

Within the folder "Ficedula" itself should be located 26 files and minimum of three folders (Fake_MIDI, mad, plugins).
Other folders (FF7_PFS, OSTRe, AnxiousHeart, ...) should contain the music files if no other folders, you only have one set of music.

Start "FF7music.exe" in the folder "Ficedula", click on "Configure", click on the tab "Files", click the arrow next to the box "Profile" and select there "Rerelease".
Save it and close FF7Music completely.

If you have the file "OSTRe.7z", you can also unpack this music into the folder "Ficedula" and use this profile.

Psymon

• View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: 2014-03-31 10:14:56 »
Hey guys,

I hope someone can help me. I bought the steam version of final fantasy 7 and used some mods. Everything worked fine until I wanted to play the mini game in Junon. I just received a Windows error and the game closes. First I ignored this issue but now I have to do the snowboard ride and the same error occurs. I've read about Vsync on and Minigame limiter but nothing worked. I also tried to install the overhaul menu (because there is a snowboard fix mentioned) without luck. I reinstalled around 8 times now. As I own the steam version I did it like this:

Deinstall FF7Music
Remove the SteamApps folder which contains Final Fantasy 7
Restore the original SteamApps folder
Use the FF7-REMOVE-Keys.exe
Try the next mod

I am using Windows 8.1 64bit. I was not able to find anything about this error at this thread as the search function is currently deactivated.

Hope someone can help me out, because I already spent 30 hrs and now I am not able to go on...

Best regards,
Psymon

Edit: I found a solution. I copied the original lgp files to the data folder and now it works.
« Last Edit: 2014-03-31 10:25:15 by Psymon »

kenichi

• View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: 2014-03-31 17:57:03 »
http://i.imgur.com/nU5Thjq.jpg I dont understand not this happen here. I try uninstall and reinstall 2 time but still nothing.
I am using steam verison. I wonder did save file corrupted? 

Kaldarasha

• Prince of Model Editing
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: 2014-03-31 18:04:03 »
You have set the bomb? :-\

quitit

• View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: 2014-04-01 00:48:13 »
Hi quitit,

In the game folder there should be a file "FF7_GC.log", please look for it and post it here.
I can go through the game Converter just in 27 seconds ;D
If it takes longer than 2 minutes without something is happening, then you can abort (ctrl + c) ...
The question prompt of "REG DELETE Y/N?" should not arise, it should be deleted without question.
Also, there is no situation where the Compat flags are cleared several times.
At this moment I strongly suspect that your system is faulty somewhere.
Try to test the RAM with a test program...
I also have connected multiple hard drives that will not disturb the Game Converter.
Find.exe is a CMD command that is included in any Windows, the game Converter used frequently this command.
? ? ?
The Game Converter does not access the "System Volume Information" which may not be the folder that can not be accessed.
30GB are for the Game Converter more than enough, Bootleg needs afterwards so much space.

Hey Kompass63, sorry about my late reply.  I just decided to just plug in only the necessary drives that have the game.
I ran the GameConverter and it goes through and says my installation is in a "System Folder", but it’s not, it’s in my "G:\" drive with this directory structure: "G:\Games\SteamApps\common\FINAL FANTASY VII", I also did a symlink from my "C:\Games\" directory to point to my "G:\Games\" directory.  Anyways, it copies the files to "C:\Games\FF7" (remember this is a symbolic link, I don't know if this will screw up with the GameConverter).  It then cannot find: "ff7.exe" and could not remove the registry, "ff7config.exe" and could not remove the registry, and finally "ff7music.exe" and could not remove the registry.  Then it said "Set own Registry Keys..." then "Setting language to en...", then it says it cannot find the drive with the "FF7DISC1" label which I mounted to a virtual drive "F:\" and also burned the ISO to a CD and put it back in to my real DVD drive, I also noticed the GameConverter was trying to find the "FF7DISC1" in my "I:\" drive, but since I removed it, it could not find the directory, so I added several more virtual CD drives to include an "I:\" drive.
I could not find the "FF7_GC.log" in my "Games" directory.
Any assistance would be much appreciated  :).

Here are some screen shots:

CMD output:

No "FF7_GC.log" file:

My "FF7DISC1" naming of the drive:

bhemont

• View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: 2014-04-01 02:19:18 »
Hello,

I am fairly new to this and I have spent several hours to get this to work.

Now, I have followed all the steps required, I downloaded everything via torrent and have unpacked everything with bootleg.

But I have encountered a problem when running bootloader, when ever I run the game it says the .exe has stopped working.  When I enter my configuration, and try to mount the drive that my installation is in I get the message "MountFF7DISC1.bat is missing",  I've got the iso mounted, and everything is ready to go, I don't see what I could possibly be missing? 

I've tried unhooking the box with auto mount, I've tried changing location, I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working.  ( I am using steam version of the game, post 2012 ).  All files are green and some are yellow. None are red.

When clicking the mount button I get this message

Aaaand when clicking play the game I get this message.
« Last Edit: 2014-04-01 02:30:47 by bhemont »

seijuro

• View Profile
    • Top-notch Сasual Dating - Verified Females
« Reply #2090 on: 2014-04-01 04:00:54 »
Hey guys, just installed Aali's newest custom driver, but now all the textures/models/basically everything from Bootleg didn't carry over. Even the menu/GUI looks pixelated. Did I do something wrong?  :|

What can I do to bring them back? 7th heaven or something? Or Would I have to re-install Bootleg?

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: 2014-04-01 04:56:40 »
Nevermind, got it to work.  Changed the modpath to bootleg. Ugh.

Now, when the battle starts, the whole bottom part is missing? Just a huge black box and doesn't render the rest of the graphics.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: 2014-04-01 05:34:41 »
Hello,

I am fairly new to this and I have spent several hours to get this to work.

Now, I have followed all the steps required, I downloaded everything via torrent and have unpacked everything with bootleg.

But I have encountered a problem when running bootloader, when ever I run the game it says the .exe has stopped working.  When I enter my configuration, and try to mount the drive that my installation is in I get the message "MountFF7DISC1.bat is missing",  I've got the iso mounted, and everything is ready to go, I don't see what I could possibly be missing? 

I've tried unhooking the box with auto mount, I've tried changing location, I've tried everything and nothing seems to be working.  ( I am using steam version of the game, post 2012 ).  All files are green and some are yellow. None are red.

Post your APP.LOG please.

Nevermind, got it to work.  Changed the modpath to bootleg. Ugh.

Now, when the battle starts, the whole bottom part is missing? Just a huge black box and doesn't render the rest of the graphics.

You need to stick to Aali's 0.7.11b. Bootleg is a bit funny with 0.8.11b, and do I have the time to replicate and offer support for it until May.

MarinoKadame

• View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: 2014-04-01 06:35:12 »
Do I need to restart the whole Bootleg if I want to add the Nightmare Conversion ?

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: 2014-04-01 07:08:17 »
You need to stick to Aali's 0.7.11b. Bootleg is a bit funny with 0.8.11b, and do I have the time to replicate and offer support for it until May.

Ok, not even v0.8 ? Part of the reason I wanted to update was the new Anxious Heart music and it requires at least 0.8 (since ff7music is super finicky and doesn't loop correctly in most parts).

Also...the link to 0.7.11b looks like it's down. Any other live links?

seijuro

• View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: 2014-04-01 07:23:43 »
Ok just found a live link through a mirror on The Big List of Mods page.

Just re-installed 0.7.11b but the battle scene bottom graphics still don't appear (I just also installed the new unshaded models mod).

There something else that I'm not doing?

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: 2014-04-01 07:51:53 »
Ok just found a live link through a mirror on The Big List of Mods page.

Just re-installed 0.7.11b but the battle scene bottom graphics still don't appear (I just also installed the new unshaded models mod).

There something else that I'm not doing?

Must not have deleted all the 0.8.11b to have that happen. Start over with a fresh install and let Bootleg install 0.7.11b for you.

Do I need to restart the whole Bootleg if I want to add the Nightmare Conversion ?

Yes, because it changes many different files from the originals. If you have mods that already changed them, it can run into possible issues. When in doubt, start fresh. You can never go wrong with modding an original, untouched game  :)

bhemont

• View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: 2014-04-01 11:25:58 »
Post your APP.LOG please.

Apologies, but it appears that I am dumb and must inform you that my problem has been solved, I seem to have manually interrupted the extraction process.  Although in my defense the cmd window font was so small I could not make out what the hell was going on, and it seem to take more time then I realized.  Guess all I needed was a little bit more patience.

AWESOME mod btw, kudos!

Darkness572

• View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: 2014-04-01 16:11:16 »
Hi guys

When I run bootloader and then press play ff7 a black command box pops up, then a black ff7 box, then a small error message which reads postprocessing initialization failed, check APP.LOG for more information

then my APP.LOG says this

INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2622
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: fragment shader compile log:
No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

ERROR: 0:14: 'precision' : Reserved word.
ERROR: 0:14: 'precision' : syntax error parse error

ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized

I dont know whats wrong with it

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: 2014-04-01 18:26:10 »
Hi guys

When I run bootloader and then press play ff7 a black command box pops up, then a black ff7 box, then a small error message which reads postprocessing initialization failed, check APP.LOG for more information

then my APP.LOG says this
Code: [Select]
INFO: FF7/FF8 OpenGL driver version 0.7.11b
INFO: Auto-detected version: FF7 1.02 US English
INFO: Intel Intel(R) HD Graphics Family 3.1.0 - Build 8.15.10.2622
INFO: OpenGL 2.0 support detected
INFO: Using PBO
INFO: Found swap_control extension
INFO: Max texture size: 8192x8192
INFO: Number of texture units: 8
INFO: Original resolution 640x480, window size 1280x960, output resolution 1280x960, internal resolution 3840x2160
INFO: FBO extension detected, using fast scaling/postprocessing path
INFO: Shader limits: varying 41, vert uniform 512, frag uniform 1024
INFO: vertex shader compile log:
No errors.

No errors.

INFO: main program link log:
No errors.

ERROR: 0:14: 'precision' : Reserved word.
ERROR: 0:14: 'precision' : syntax error parse error

ERROR: init_postprocessing failed, postprocessing will be disabled
INFO: FFMpeg movie player plugin loaded
INFO: FFMpeg version SVN-r25886, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 Fabrice Bellard, et al.
INFO: FF7Music helper plugin loaded
INFO: Loading external library Multi.dll
LOCK UNLOCK TEST
MATRIX INITIALIZE
INITIALIZE DD/D3D END
initializing sound...
creating dsound primary buffer
reading audio file
loading static sounds
sound initialized
I dont know whats wrong with it

Set your graphics card to fun off ff7.exe in the graphics control panel. If you don't know how to do this, check the FAQ.