Author Topic: How old is everyone?  (Read 134826 times)

How old is everyone?
« Reply #50 on: 2001-01-06 22:08:00 »
Don't remind me.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #51 on: 2001-01-06 22:20:00 »
Hi guys, try this   :)
FFVIII Configuration: Performance Option:
Click on!
(No World Map Color Animation) & (No World Map Fog)

By the way I have two hard drives:  20 GB & 50 GB which add up to be 70 GB!
50 GB for Windows ME and Microsoft Programs!
20 GB for PC Games and Etc.

Furthermore, is there anyway I can change FFVII PC FMV's format beside AVI?

[This message has been edited by Amy (edited January 06, 2001).]

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #52 on: 2001-01-06 22:33:00 »
well u can turn the avi into stuff, like wmv. my current pc is a crappy 32MB RAM, 4GB, 233mhz. ARGH! u dont want to know about my past computers. hmm, lets see. the last thing i remeber was last night. me and my mate were setting eachother challenges on thps 2. its really fun! if youve got it, we made eachother do stuff like jump over the building with the drainege pipe in philly, and do big combos and stuff.
well again, this doesnt quite fit anywhere else.

The Skillster

• Loving every Final Fantasy
    • View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #53 on: 2001-01-07 11:01:00 »
id like to remind you guys/girls:
if i showed you a picture of the ff8 psx world map and then one of the ff8 world map on the pc, id think youd understand how i feel about this topic  :x!
ff8psx's world map leaves the pc version for dust! i mean comeon square! whyd the hell did you 'drop' the quality? and why the heck is it so slow? ever heard of...  hmm...
whats that term? the one where you load up only the graphics inthe viewable area? and the non-veiwable area arnt loaded? (like out of your view areas, behind mountains, etc)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #54 on: 2001-01-07 16:01:00 »
Qhimm is right though on EIDOS and EA as they only publish it and have nothing to do with porting it.
Come on, EIDOS does a good job porting Tomb Raider all the time, why the heck do you think they would make a lousy port
Besides EA and EIDOS both make quite good games in terms of graphic quality and sound quality i mean.

Actually, here's a list of stuff that should be done for the FF's on PC
1.Resolution's of up to 1600x1200 should be supported (i mean it is only a matter of rendering the textures at a higher res)
2.Movies should be in high res (FF8's ones were quite sufficient)
3.The backgrounds should be rendered in at least 640x480 not stretched out from psx format.
4.The world map should be smooth (I mean like FF7 not like the blocky FF8 world map.
5.Audio for background music should be done in soundtrack cd audio style and be independant of the sound card.
6.PC users should be given the choice of unlimited save game space. (save state might be a good idea but it might spoil gameplay)
7.Full install should be allowed, i mean if PC users have lots of hard disk space, let them use it. (actually this allows better flexibility in editting the game)
8.The game should not only be ported exactly (for eg: DirectX has quite good water effects that can be applied rather than using the normal psx's water effects)
9.Text should also be done in high res (like FF7 not like FF8's lousy low res text, even the high res text looks low res)
10.More Squaresoft games should be ported like FFT, Chrono Cross, Vagrant Story, Legend of Mana. (I mean the PC market has an extremely huge and potential market so it's a good idea to take advantage of it)

[This message has been edited by The SaiNt (edited January 07, 2001).]

J*** H*******

How old is everyone?
« Reply #55 on: 2001-01-07 18:18:00 »
The Skillster:

Indeed. FF7's world map looked nicer and ran faster on my P250MMX + Voodoo than FF8's map does on my Celeron with GF2. I wonder what they must have done to slow it down so badly.

The SaiNt:

1. Agreed. Although I could live perfectly happily with 1024x768 there's no real reason to stop there, games like NFS: Porsche Unleashed and Supreme Snowboarding can do resolutions like 2048x1536.

2. Yep. FF8 had perfectly good movies, but if they want to go bit further they could use MPEG-2 with very high bitrates, as DVD does. Note: FF8's videos do have pretty high bitrate already, IIRC.

3. Of course. 640x480 is good enough, especially if they want to save some space.

4. And it should also move smoothly.

5. With mp3's, preferably. I mean that FF8 has enough music to fill 4 CD's... Of course DVD would hold more. But I think that Winamp's CPU usage is somewhere around 2 or 3 percents in P2's, so good mp3 player shouldn't really slow the game down.

6. Actually, I'm happy with the way it is.

7. You can do that with any game, kind of. Just make images of your discs and use DAEMON Tools (or something similar) to load that image as virtual CD-ROM. Won't help with editing, naturally.

8. Naturally. (I'll take your word about using PSX's effects, as I know nothing about that)

9. I can live with the text as it is, I can read it from far, far away.  :D

10. I wouldn't mind that at all. But for the PC market... Does anyone know sales figures for FF7 and FF8 PC versions ?

How old is everyone?
« Reply #56 on: 2001-01-07 23:25:00 »
The SaiNt: I agree completely.

Jari Huttunen: I have no actual data, but I seem to remember reading that FF7PSX outsold all of Square's previous games on opening day. The same report said that FF7PC went a step further on its opening day by surpassing FF7PSX's opening day sales.

cHiBiMaRuKo

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #57 on: 2001-01-08 00:10:00 »
...and for some additional info, FF8 PC also sell very well, and also kick Unreal Tournament from the no.1 game sales chart in January and February 2000, a feat that even Quake 3 Arena could not do.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #58 on: 2001-01-08 02:17:00 »
Well that's because UT was better than Q3 (unless you judge a game solely on graphics).

The Skillster

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #59 on: 2001-01-08 02:30:00 »
the saint: you must be joking?
 i would buy 2 copies of ff9/10/11 if they had all of that in them!
square wont do too much extra in porting the games, maybe when they get to ps2 they might to a better port  :)

you know the ff7 and ff8 backdrops werent direct from the psx! ff7 is only alittle more detailed (fire up vgs/bleem to find out) and ff8 is a bit more detailed to (but the filtering sucks)

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #60 on: 2001-01-08 16:47:00 »
This topic is really getting off-topic..............
Skillster :Anyway i have Bleem ,VGS and Espxe I've tried all of them the quality difference is barely noticable. Sometimes I think Square really undermines the users of the PC market. Maybe it's cause they have enjoyed a monopoly on the PSX for too long a period of time.

The Skillster

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #61 on: 2001-01-08 18:54:00 »
agrred, i think we should all sign some sort of petition or letter of complaint addressed to square, telling them how as ff7/8 users feel cheated, and ripped off (maybe), and how their ports are getting worse, etc

How old is everyone?
« Reply #62 on: 2001-01-08 20:08:00 »
I'd sign that. Although, the porting is only part of the problem. The game quality of the FF series since 7 has also gone down.

eerrrr

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #63 on: 2001-01-08 20:51:00 »
the Skillster: was the word pop-ups?

you're right. the quality of ff7-ff8 dropped. the story was no where near as good,
like it didnt have the twists of ff7. i mean just take a look at the  http://qhimm.3dstream.net/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000003.html" TARGET=_blank>Sephiroth  post, it shows that there was an amazing amount of story detail in ff7. ff8's just a load of soceress', knights and monsters. what about ff9? i havent tried it yet.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #64 on: 2001-01-08 20:57:00 »
Read the post "Best Squaresoft RPG of 2000".
From reading it, I've drawn the conclusion that FF9 is better than FF8, but gameplay is still lackluster compared to other games in the series. Square definately seems to have its priorities mixed up.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #65 on: 2001-01-09 01:11:00 »
OF CORSE ITS GETING OFF TOPIC!
ANd I agree the quilitie of ff games is geting silly. The sucess with FFVII must have gone to there heads.
And once I get a web page editer(dream weaver) Im gonna start makeing a FFIX pc petion site. It will probley be crap though.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #66 on: 2001-01-09 03:09:00 »
There ARE going to make FF9 pc right? It is in high demand. BTW, FF10 and FF11 plamforms:

on the PC or PSX2.

How old is everyone?
« Reply #67 on: 2001-01-09 03:31:00 »
Sir Canealot: What's so special about Dreamweaver anyway? I prefer Notepad to any html editor I've come across so far.

Cuddles Wing: Actually, I've heard some distant rumblings (Daily Radar) that Square may shift platforms to either X-Box or Gamecube in the near future.

NightStar

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #68 on: 2001-01-09 03:45:00 »
I doubt they'll bother with FF9 on the PC CuddlesWing.  FF8 was bug ridden to say the least, (But hell, it was fun!) and was not wlcomed as much as FF7 was...

I think everybody is just going to cut their losses, and skip the PC.  It'll be much easier!

One thing though - The US and Jap versions of FF9 are supposed to work on ePSXe...  In case you are interested!

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
How old is everyone?
« Reply #69 on: 2001-01-09 09:28:00 »
Going back to the topics, me is 15 yrs old from PL. Hell i'm young  :wink: Future awaits (and a test from Biology today - hate that mitosis, meyosis, those damn viruses and bacteria)  :D

Ged

• View Profile
    • http://acn.waw.pl/vanyel
How old is everyone?
« Reply #70 on: 2001-01-09 09:35:00 »
Now getting off-topic again :

Heard of FF9 being released on PC, what do they say about Bouncer?

The SaiNt

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #71 on: 2001-01-09 13:01:00 »
Well, Ged I too have had my dose of biology though i don't do any of it now. The only difference was i learnt it in my local language(Malay) so my spelling for English isnt always right. Bacteria, patogens, viruses....................
Anyway here's something off-topic though.
How many people here are from the EIDOS forums. I was from there too, just that i used a different username. I used my original name, zhenjock when i was there.

Sir Canealot

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #72 on: 2001-01-09 21:18:00 »
Heard boncer is crap CRAP CRAP!
And im gonna use dream weaver for the web page cause it is piss easy. I have heard for a link you just right clik on it and select link or something....

How old is everyone?
« Reply #73 on: 2001-01-10 00:49:00 »
The SaiNt: I'm not from that forum.

Sir Canealot: I believe that is a standard feature of a lot of html wizards. For instance, the free Netscape Composer that comes with Netscape. In it, you can either right-click and select "make link", or you can just click the big "Link" button at the top of the screen. (Let me say again that I don't recommend using an html wizard to create your pages. Notepad is better than any I've come across.)
So... what makes Dreamweaver worth $200+ bucks? And is Fireworks any good?

And since everyone seems to want this to go completely off topic... Does anyone know of a program that will convert .bmp to JPEG without distorting the image?

[This message has been edited by Srethron Askvelhtnod (edited January 09, 2001).]

Ant

• View Profile
How old is everyone?
« Reply #74 on: 2001-01-10 01:07:00 »
Srethron:
Who says you need to pay £250 squid or whatever, just d/l / get off a cd a 45 day trial ver. of dreamweaver then get a crack for full version, easy as piss!

goto Here if u r looking for any cracks