Author Topic: [PC] p model simple editor - Kimera (0.97b)  (Read 501801 times)

Borde

• View Profile
Kimera: FF7 p model simple editor
« Reply #100 on: 2006-04-15 11:57:49 »
Bug fix. Sorry, there were several things broken.

Sorry Steve Jr. I didn't created this program thinking about modifying battle models. You can still use this version to edit P files. Simply open an HRC model, double-click on any part and open the  file you want. Yes, I know, it's very unconfortable. I supose I could add a button to get directly to the editor window.

But I don't understand why do you need to use Kimera 0.5. What's worng with the 6th one?

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2006-04-15 12:35:42 »
you need it to open an ultima .p then save so you can edit it with 6/7 because 6 is less forgivable with the data and ultima isn't so reliable for battle models

pbuckman258

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2006-04-23 14:34:22 »
I have been making battle models with kimera but for some reason when i put the models into the game the eyes never appear, if your going to release a new version of the model editor i suggest adding a feature where you can insert the eyes directly onto the model.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2006-04-24 18:06:07 »
Mmm... that's quiet strange pbuckman258. It shouldn't happen unless you removed (not replaced) the original head. Could you send me one of those models? Mybe I'm missing some kind of bug in my program.
By the way Steve Jr., I'll take a look at how does Kimera deal with battle models. Sorry for the inconveniences.

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2006-04-26 05:13:36 »
thnx for that looking forward to the next update

pbuckman258

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2006-04-26 16:56:40 »
Borde i have a battle model which i edited from steve jr, remember the zack battle model which he created but it seems this project has come to a close, the problem with it was that the eyes did not appear heres the head anyway have a go and tell me what you think is wrong http://rapidshare.de/files/18995502/rtao.html

Izban

• View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2006-04-28 07:07:35 »
hey borde would you mind reuploading some of the older versions the 5s,6s cause i had a hardrive failure and didnt have them backed up

Thrashamatrix

• There is no spoon, kid....
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2006-04-28 13:39:32 »
Hey borde it's me Thrashamatrix (that irratating guy in your NPC RP forum in game tweaking)I wanted to try and see if I could possiblly do what you guys are doing but Iv downloaded the latest Kimera and i always get an error  message when I open the application
Code: [Select]
Run-time error "713"
Class not registered.
You need the following file to be installed on your machine. MSSTDFMT.DLL

Do you know where I can get it or is this dead end.

----EDIT----
Sorry I looked back to pg 3 and found the help but what if you do not HAVE that file

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2006-04-28 16:26:24 »
hey Thrashamatrix you wanna join us !! great  we'll finish faster with you in that's for sure (by the way I wouldn't say that you are irrataing lol) ... well .. for you problem I remember I had this kind of problem with the older version ... thats a run-time you  have to install on your machine... search for the the files the programe tell you that you need and then ... well you have to register it in the windows registery ... it's not a simple task I'll tell you the most simple I can ... well

1- download the file you need (MSSTDFMT.DLL) I don't know exactly where to find it but if you search with google or any good search engine you gonna find it

2-right click on your .dll file and click open with.. or something like that and then choose to select the program from a list

3- click browse then in the "file name" field write :
"c:\windows\system32\regsvr32.exe" and then click open and then ok

and it's supose to work ... if the program still not work It will surely be another dll files that is missing ... you'll have to do the same thing on all the dll the program will ask you

note that my windows version is in french so maybe I didn't translated exacly the same way it is in the english version but I think you'll be able to find how to do it anyway...

and note too that it is for windows XP I don't exacly know how to do it in win98 or any other windows ... I think this is almost the same thing but you'll have to change the "system32" by "system" in the path I've gave to you

well I hope that will help you... if you have trouble to do it you can add me to your messenger list if you have it ... anyway if you plan to join us you'll have to add us one day or another hehe

well see you

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2006-04-28 17:15:06 »
:)  Thanks Storm as I said earler You rock!
well I am off to try and make some models if I make anything good I'll let you know
Bye Thanks again

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2006-04-28 17:51:26 »
hey Thrashamatrix I think you should add us to msn so we wont do the same models twice lol

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2006-04-28 19:05:50 »
Um just to let you know I am still on the learning phase I Have :roll:  no experence in game editing or computers. I am just trying to see if I could do what you guys do I do not expect results so dont worry about same model twice as im still figuring how useing biturn lets you see the models :evil:  just think of me as someone who does not know what hes doing but is still trying to do it (sorry if you thought I had computer expererince)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2006-04-28 19:14:21 »
yeah but if you add me to your msn I could help you to learn faster lol

Thrashamatrix

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2006-04-28 19:24:39 »
Okay let me go set up my msn :oops:  and then I'll PM you when everything is done.

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007-01-19 21:52:43 »
It took me so long... it looked as if this would never end, but finally I can share with you all the fruit of my job. Here you have it, Kimera 0.8 beta. It's been rewritten from scratch because I lost 70% of the source code on an unfortunate incident (¡NEVER TRUST VISUAL BASIC! ¡ALLWAYS DO BACKUPS!). There are many additions (take a look at the readme), but none of you will ever notice how different this version is compared to the old one. I was really ashamed of the crappy code I wrote the first time. It was horribly monolithic and barely readable. This time I wrote a code that may be very imperfect (yes, I know I should use classes and something newer than VB6), but at least not shameful. So this time I can release the code.

I've been working in many other improvements (textures support, mesh smoothing...) but I had diferent problems with all of them and the time was passing by. So I diced to move on and finish this version befor continuing with those things.

I've been working on this project for almost 2 years. It has grown so much during all this time...  But there is still a lot to do. :wink:

Well, enough talk. I hope this comes handy for someone. Have fun.

Method

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007-01-19 22:44:54 »
Maybe it will be easier to make own models  :wink: I'll try this very soon. Thanks and congrats  :-)

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007-01-19 22:55:35 »
Hey Borde !!

I just wanted to tell you that I found some bugs realated to the writing of .P and .RSD files... At least you fixed that cancel problem:-D hehe well good work Borde these are very good improvements... I'll tell you more about the bugs I found once you're on MSN.

See you and keep the good work with Kimera!!!
« Last Edit: 2007-01-20 02:14:16 by stormmedia »

ice_cold513

• View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007-01-20 10:41:55 »
Hehe nice work Borde and sorry i have not been on msn to help you find any bugs with it

been busy with some stuff

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007-01-20 20:26:37 »
Uploaded a quick bugfix (just replaced the old link). Thanks for the bug-report Stormmedia.
Don't worry ice_cold513, I know everyone has more important (and probably exciting) things than testing this program.  :wink:

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007-01-21 10:53:55 »
The links broken  :cry:

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007-01-21 15:24:48 »
hum... ultima espio's right... but anyway there is still some bugs about writing the files.. so you should wait until they are fixed before getting it.

ultima espio

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007-01-21 19:40:53 »
hum... ultima espio's right...

What are you trying to say? :-P

stormmedia

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007-01-21 23:28:03 »
haha .. Well I had a hard time to find what I meant myself :-o... it wasn't clear at all... haha... so... what meant was that you were right about the fact that the link is dead...

Borde

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007-02-07 22:09:21 »
Bugfix posted. I haven't been able to fix everything but at least it will solve some very annoying crashes. Anyway, I'd like to give you some advise:
  - Allaways save a version of your model with the lights turned off. For some unknown reason, the program sometimes messes the colors when you try to save with the lighting turned on.
  - Save the models with merged parts at your own risk. Biturn has some very strange behaviour when you try to load a model with merged parts so I supose there must be some kind of bug. Thus, I suggest you to avoid using this feature for now.

That's all, I'll continue my bug hunt. Wish me luck... :|

NeXaR

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007-02-07 22:37:19 »
That's all, I'll continue my bug hunt. Wish me luck... :|

Good luck :D