Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Replacement FMVs, footage from AC/CC (2017-2-18)  (Read 234696 times)

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
Replacement FMVs for FFVII
« Reply #25 on: 2009-05-14 05:04:10 »
True I'm working on all the ones already released plus a few more, But they are so big it takes longer to process them.
I really don't know about the bug, I don't experience it, however you could download super for free and reencode them with a different setting. I used Avi with Xvid and mp3.

Fixed the issue, i guess anyway, enabled AA and AF all to as high as i can could it, and suddenly they worked no skipping or anything haha.

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2009-05-14 05:58:01 »
I noticed you have added new opening in HD, but not the others. I understand that you will be simply adding them one-by-one with time after you process them, right?

Grimmy

• Join in my tarnished light.
    • View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #27 on: 2009-05-14 13:36:45 »
Obesebear: Did you leave all the Menu at the end or cut it of? I was going to contact clover also, I have the HQ vid already and the size is  1280x720. Quality is good. I also got permission to use this for Aerith's Death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OAzP8_Xvk I have already been sent the original video and croped of the Script.  I'm going to try and get permission for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZVe2xXofc&feature=response_watch. Working together sounds good. PM me a link and we'll get it at the top. not to sure about torrenting these as a package though.

Aurenasek116: I'll lump shorter vids together, but ya pretty much one by one
« Last Edit: 2009-05-14 13:40:36 by grimmy307 »

Theclad

• Idir - FFDream.com
    • View Profile
    • FINAL FANTASY DREAM - Webmaster
« Reply #28 on: 2009-05-14 22:00:06 »
Great project ! Now, you can use FINAL FANTASY VII Advent Children Complete REMAKE SCENE like the end of FF VII, the meteor fall, or Things lke that

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2009-05-14 22:57:19 »
I was actually thinking of ripping some scenes from ACC and uploading them for grimmy, since I have the bluray so surely we could benefit from Full HD 1080p scenes with DTS audio.

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2009-05-15 02:43:13 »
Obesebear: Did you leave all the Menu at the end or cut it of? I was going to contact clover also, I have the HQ vid already and the size is  1280x720. Quality is good. I also got permission to use this for Aerith's Death http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4OAzP8_Xvk I have already been sent the original video and croped of the Script.  I'm going to try and get permission for this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqZVe2xXofc&feature=response_watch. Working together sounds good. PM me a link and we'll get it at the top. not to sure about torrenting these as a package though.

Well both of Aerith's Death and the ending are definitely good, they still need some touching up though.  Cloud's face has blood on it sometimes, sometimes it doesn't, and in the ending scene there is a shot of Sephiroth's lifestream engulfing Shinra tower.  Anyways I'm still waiting to hear back from Clover, but I'm curious, how did you manage to get 1280x720? The video I ripped was only 480x360 so I used "Super" to make it 640x480 ( the quality just isn't quite what I would like though).

About Clover's opening.  I remember seeing quite a while back that someone had edited the New Game/Continue screen.  I'm going to try to find that thread and edit it to look like Clover's ending.  Not quite sure how tough that will be though.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #31 on: 2009-05-15 03:00:06 »
ok this sounds REAALLY cool! i wanna know how to make this work! is this possible on vista since vista dont like alot of patches/mods?

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2009-05-15 03:45:31 »
ok this sounds REAALLY cool! i wanna know how to make this work! is this possible on vista since vista dont like alot of patches/mods?

Yes it works in Vista i know how to go it in 32 but i don't know about 64, first you need Aali's graphics driver: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8306.0

get that set up (refer to the read me on how to do that)

then you need to hit start and in the search bar type "regedit" hit enter, when the window opens up navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Square Soft, Inc. > Final Fantasy VII

WARNING!: DO NOT mess with anything else in there, Or you can mess up your system.

In the movies string right click and modify it to your folder where you want to put your movies (you have to copy the originals off the disc as well by highlighting them all and dragging them to your folder) example mine is C:\Program Files\Square Soft, Inc\Final Fantasy VII\Movies\
Note the "\" at the end of movies, MAKE SURE you have that. Otherwise it wont work.

Grimmy, You might want to add this info to your download page, Or in the read me, For newer people cause i've said this twice, Not that i mid of course  :-)

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #33 on: 2009-05-15 12:56:23 »
Hellbringer : The Info to run movies from the HDD is linked on otokoshi's thread. So I felt it redundant to put it on mine, but I might latter when I put up the rest of the HQ vids.

drfeelgud : I run Vista 32 and the only thing to remember is to run everything as an admin and check that all modded files end up in real folders not the virtual store/compatibility files. when everything is done I'll add a good read me.

obesebear : I use HTTP watch to record my browsers requests go to the video, and click on HQ button. Then go to the HTTP window Find the MP4 file, right click select copy row, paste into address bar press enter. Then the down load starts. It sounds harder than it is. IF you have clovers ok I can put up the vid with the rest this afternoon. Menu screens are easy to change but have lots of limitations. I made one using APZ buster sword pic that's good, but if you put the image full screen it covers the new game/continue text. so it has to be cut around that. I'm pretty sure animations are impossible.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-15 13:09:39 by grimmy307 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2009-05-15 14:48:08 »
Oh alright, Well nevermind then haha

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2009-05-15 15:01:14 »
Grimmy, I don't know if you noticed my pm reply so I'm going to write here.
Tell me what exact scenes from ACC do you need so I can cut them out and hopefully upload.

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #36 on: 2009-05-15 15:56:17 »
i was meaning to ask that... i have a 64 bit operating system... ok, here's the question... wut is the compatibility files folder? i see some files there and i just leave them alone it has my saved games in there too

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #37 on: 2009-05-15 16:08:43 »
If you see compatibility files as an icon, you should click it then select all, copy, go back to the real folder and paste. You could now delete the compatibility folders contents if you wish. All that folder does is give you access to the virtual store, which is where vista puts things that are installed without admin approval. From what I hear windows 7 has eliminated this because it has caused so many problems.

Edit:
  Added higher quality vids to main post.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-15 18:53:23 by grimmy307 »

Hellbringer616

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2009-05-15 20:34:20 »
Grimmy you are amazing  :-D

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2009-05-15 20:44:34 »
Uhm, you placed 320x240 low quality under High quality section (I'm talking aboyt hybridmoon's vid) Thought you might wanna fix that :P

In case grimmy doesn't change it, link to hq version of hybridmoon's is on his filefront: http://files.filefront.com/hq+hybridmoon+vidszip/;13760537;/fileinfo.html

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #40 on: 2009-05-15 20:50:45 »
Hellbringer616 thanks for that. I really need the HQ vids play tested(excluding the opening). I was in a rush to get these finished and didn't test all of them in place. Remember the HQ vids are from a standard DVD not bluray. I will probably still redo the whole set after the NA release of ACC from bluray. But before that I actually want to spend time playing FFVII.

Obesebear if you hear from clover let me know and we can get that new opening up, I used it a couple times and it is really amazing.

Sorry I'll fix the post mix up - Fixed

« Last Edit: 2009-05-15 20:54:55 by grimmy307 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2009-05-16 00:09:44 »
As of now I still haven't heard back from her, although she did accept my request to be her friend.  I've been really busy today, but if you think animations are possible for the menu, that would make using the ending of her video quite easy.  How exactly would you go about doing something like that though?
Alternatively I would like to have two separate screens.  One highlighting new game and one highlighting continue so when you press up or down the screen changes accordingly.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #42 on: 2009-05-16 00:33:05 »
That kind of programing is beyond me. However I used the vid in its entirety and even though it switches from one start menu to another it is still very impressive. 

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #43 on: 2009-05-16 00:37:33 »
hmm, its quite some files that idk where they belong... but i will do my best, thanks for that grimmy

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2009-05-16 01:03:52 »
You're absolutely right!  The video is amazing.  Maybe something as simple as fading in the menu screen from her video would suffice for now.  The time spent on her start menu is also quite excessive, so I'll probably cut that back some.

I'm going to mess around with both the video and menu screen tonight and see what I can't come up with.  Any tips on converting the picture into .tex?

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #45 on: 2009-05-16 01:09:56 »
I'm thinking about that too. The main thing about menus is avoiding where the original text and finger should be. Visibility of these original elements should always be considered a must. 

Edit :  I got permission to use the ending I linked earlier, But I'll wait until after June 2nd to do any more editing.
« Last Edit: 2009-05-17 22:29:59 by grimmy307 »

obesebear

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2009-05-17 23:28:52 »
I went ahead and sent her another message, so hopefully she'll respond to this one.    If not then we could always just release it and later delete the download.

For the menu I think I'll just completely cut off her start screen right after the buster sword displays and quickly flashes white.  Then the menu will display.  If Apzfreak doesn't mind you using his sword, your high quality render will probably work quite nicely.

I figure give Clover 2 days to respond and then release it if I don't hear anything.

Grimmy

• View Profile
    • GrimmyGames
« Reply #47 on: 2009-05-17 23:31:19 »
I did this menu a while back using the original PSX cover art. Is anyone interested in using it.

I'll add a link if it's requested.
« Last Edit: 2017-07-15 03:10:28 by Grimmy »

drfeelgud88

• da DOC iz here!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube
« Reply #48 on: 2009-05-19 01:16:32 »
looks nice... but there's no way of stretching it? is it possible to use the main menu like in CC?

Aurenasek116

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2009-05-19 06:13:25 »
Sadly the game doesn't allow full-screen menu, only the center part can be textured which is rather sad :/