Author Topic: Meteor Alpha questions...  (Read 5115 times)

Ragna

• View Profile
Meteor Alpha questions...
« on: 2007-04-10 22:03:53 »
Hi guys, I have some questions about that program and well, I did not find anything, so Im creating this topic for it lol,
Im editing the field levels of FFVII, but when I compress the files with Ficedula's LGP Tools and I put the file in the FF7 folder AND I try to play the game crashes (I must say that the new compressed file is like the double size than the original, dont know why cos I tryed that even without editing anything  :cry: )
So, the question is: How can I re-compress the file to play my edited FF7 Field Levels?

I hope someone can help me^^
Thanks in advance.

Synergy Blades

Re: Meteor Alpha questions...
« Reply #1 on: 2007-04-11 00:10:49 »
Make sure you're using the command line option -c5 when compressing the field with FiceLZS before you put it back in the LGP.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007-04-11 12:20:49 »
Im sorry, i just downloaded ficeLZS but i still dont know how it works :cry:
Can someone tell me how to run it properly and how it works?
How must I run it? cos it creates a DOS window and quickly dissappears, and I just dont know how works those DOS style programs..^^U (Sorry..)
I really want to put my edited field levels in the game... :cry:

Please, help me if you can^^
Thank you^^U
« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 12:27:49 by Sephiroth Crescent »

Synergy Blades

« Reply #3 on: 2007-04-11 12:40:39 »
You can actually just drag-and-drop your field file onto lzs.exe and it will compress it; you might want to take a copy of it first so it doesn't overwrite the uncompressed field. Once you've done that, then you can replace it in field.lgp. It sounds as though at the moment you're replacing the existing field in the LGP with an uncompressed one, which is why it crashes.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007-04-11 12:50:23 »
Thank you thank you thank you!!!!^^

Now it works perfectly  :-o
My FFVII+ project is now more near to the reality :lol:

Thank you^^, Thank you for your program Meteor, even still in Alpha is awesome^^ Im waiting for a new release!! :wink:
Oh, and..one thing..in the Meteor Alpha "About" you write synergyblades.com but...this web is broken or something? :?

I really want the Scripting Document you said in the Meteor Alpha "Help"^^
« Last Edit: 2007-04-11 12:52:27 by Sephiroth Crescent »

Synergy Blades

« Reply #5 on: 2007-04-11 23:00:24 »
I haven't set up a website yet which is why that domain doesn't work; I should do, as my friend's webspace has been taken offline so there's no site for Meteor at the moment. I didn't actually write up that scripting document, since the language was in a state of flux at the time (still is, as it happens), so that'll be written at a later stage. If you're familiar with assembly, low-level programming languages, or other sorts of game scripts, using the Wiki in combination with examining the game's existing scripts should get you up to speed for the time being.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007-04-12 11:01:10 »
Thank you so much, I hope the website will be online soon^^
Well, I think I can do something with the wiki, even doesnt knowing too much^^

EDIT: How can I change the music played in a Field Level? I mean, I find MUSIC opcode, but it have a "(0) or a (1) after it, what means that? is the ID of the song or something?
« Last Edit: 2007-04-12 11:06:02 by Sephiroth Crescent »

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007-04-12 11:16:04 »
Thank you so much, I hope the website will be online soon^^
Well, I think I can do something with the wiki, even doesnt knowing too much^^

EDIT: How can I change the music played in a Field Level? I mean, I find MUSIC opcode, but it have a "(0) or a (1) after it, what means that? is the ID of the song or something?

This is AKAO block id. AKAO block is music sequence that play on field. Defined in script/dialog/akao section of field file.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007-04-12 11:40:47 »
Well, ive search on the wiki but AKAO is incomplete, well, not incomplete, I must say, it have no info lol,
so, how can I know the songs IDs? Is possible to know that right now? Or you dont have enough info about?

With all that I mean if you can tell me the songs IDs, sorry^^U
In case you cant or you dont want to, I want to know how can i know for myself^^

Akari

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007-04-12 12:40:07 »
Well, ive search on the wiki but AKAO is incomplete, well, not incomplete, I must say, it have no info lol,
so, how can I know the songs IDs? Is possible to know that right now? Or you dont have enough info about?

With all that I mean if you can tell me the songs IDs, sorry^^U
In case you cant or you dont want to, I want to know how can i know for myself^^

You can use only tracks that are in current field file. So in most cases there are only one track on field. MUSIC - only index to block.
AKAO format researched by G. When he understand it - then we can change it as we want.

Ragna

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007-04-12 12:52:00 »
Okaay, thank you^^

EDIT: Have one more interesting (I think) question:

Its in theory possible to make a fourth Game Disk to continue the FFVII story after the 3rd Disk
& using the Change Disk Opcode at the end of the third disk?

Im sorry if I didnt explained it well^^U

Its possible to put a change disk opcode at the end of third game disk and make a fourth
game disk to continue the story? (my own story after the game by using this program)^^U
« Last Edit: 2007-04-16 15:29:32 by Sephiroth Crescent »