Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] Multiple mods and Modding Framework-The Reunion [R06f]  (Read 3034827 times)

skyhawk

• View Profile
I have the Steam version of FF VII, so I first applied the FFconverter, then installed (as an administrator) The Reunion mod.
Reunion works natively and directly with the Steam release of FF7. DO NOT apply any converter. Install Reunion directly into the Steam installation of FF7.

To correct your current situation, Uninstall and delete the game folder, then re-install from Steam, then install Reunion.

Disclaimer: I own the 1998 CD release, so this is not first-hand knowledge.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
if this issue is always by steam version then clearly it is indeed hooking  some control onto it which is breaking thw game.   fortunately we can rule that out.  download 1998 1.02 executable.  it was a released patch.  place in root folder and use that instead of steam launcher.  then we'll know.  if anyone is up for testing this but doesn't know how, message me on discord

paraemuladores

• View Profile
I uninstalled the game and deleted everything, reinstalled it, and then reinstalled The Reunion. The game shows with upgraded graphics and models, but it only shows the game in a 640x480 window. I tried to modify this by editing the Options.ini of The Reunion by saying yes to fullscreen. But, when I go to fullscreen, it puts the entire screen in 640x480, and the game is minized, you can hear the intro of Eidos for a few seconds, then it stops. If I close the game from the quicklaunch bar, the desktop returns to 1920 x 1080. Anything else I can try?

orichalcon

• It's a sin that somehow
  • Light is changing to shadow
    • View Profile
    • The Reunion
I uninstalled the game and deleted everything, reinstalled it, and then reinstalled The Reunion. The game shows with upgraded graphics and models, but it only shows the game in a 640x480 window. I tried to modify this by editing the Options.ini of The Reunion by saying yes to fullscreen. But, when I go to fullscreen, it puts the entire screen in 640x480, and the game is minized, you can hear the intro of Eidos for a few seconds, then it stops. If I close the game from the quicklaunch bar, the desktop returns to 1920 x 1080. Anything else I can try?

make sure these settings in options.ini are identical to this:

full_screen = y
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
window_width = 1920
window_height = 1080
preserve_aspect = y

FantasticMrSocks

• View Profile
download 1998 1.02 executable.  it was a released patch.  place in root folder and use that instead of steam launcher.
I did this, and the flickering help window still appears.

paraemuladores

• View Profile
Worked perfectly! Now it works in fullscreen. One more thing: I see, is that, for example, the Cosmo Canyon backgrounds and the Cosmo Area fighting backgrounds aren't replaced. It also happens at the beginning of the game. The world textures seems to be fine. In case it helps, here are my options, I tried tweaking a little, but counld'nt solve the problem:

[OVERRIDE]
Disable_The_Reunion = n

#When using Windowed mode, the recommended resolution is 1280 * 960.
#When using Full Screen mode, the resolution will be changed to your desktop resolution.
[OPENGL]
full_screen = y
window_x = 0
window_y = 0
window_width = 1920
window_height = 1080
preserve_aspect = y

vsync = y
texture_cache_size = 2048
compress_textures = n
save_textures = n
use_pbo = y
use_mipmaps = y
fancy_transparency = y
post_file = psx.post

#on-screen logging
show_reunion_popup = y
show_reunion_info = y
show_fps = n
show_stats = n
popup_error = n
popup_info = n
popup_ff7 = n
trace_personal = y
trace_open = y
trace_textures = n
trace_files = n
trace_other = n
opengl_debug = n

[CUSTOM]
Mod_ID = NONE

[AUDIO REPLACEMENT]
Mute = n
Music_Vol =75
SFX_Vol =100
Mono_Output = n
Centre_Battle_SFX = y
Field_SFX_In_Battle = n
Music_Balance_Functions = n
Load_SFX_To_Memory = y
Audio_Log_Level = 4

# Weapon mod: 0 = Off / 1 = Minigame updates / 2 = Further field updates / 3 = full mod [will do nothing at this time].
# 60fps Battles mod: 0 = Off / 1 = On (no interpolation) / 2 = On (interpolated model animations).
[MAIN]
New_Translation = y
Model_Overhaul = y
Weapon = 0
_60fps_Battles = 1

[TWEAKS]
Centred_Field = y
New_Gauge_Colours = n
Closed_Mouth_Models = y
QPC = y
Game_Time_Is_Realtime = n
Transparent_Dialogue = n

[FIXES]
Battle_Arena_HPMP = n
Battle_Key_Press = n

#For the poor souls with epilepsy
[DISABLE SCREEN FLASH]
Critical_Hit = n
Boss_Death = n
Summon = n
Transition_Effects = n
Disable_All = n

[OTHER]
#For Windows Vista and Windows 7. Use this whenever possible to improve frame rate.
Disable_DWM_AERO = n

Also, the menu doesn't look overhauled, both the battle menu and the game menu.

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
Worked perfectly! Now it works in fullscreen. One more thing: I see, is that, for example, the Cosmo Canyon backgrounds and the Cosmo Area fighting backgrounds aren't replaced. It also happens at the beginning of the game. The world textures seems to be fine. In case it helps, here are my options, I tried tweaking a little, but counld'nt solve the problem:

thats nothing that can be solved from options.ini, if you need help with mods refer to a post by kuraudo on page 220 (reunion itself doesnt update backgrounds)

and make sure you set audio_log_level to 0 instead of 4, it causes game to crash
« Last Edit: 2020-04-18 18:08:31 by Orichalcon »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
also read the first post and help file.  and queries regarding other mods needs a new thread

paraemuladores

• View Profile
I see. Thanks for the replys.

Clarret

• View Profile
@DLPB: "Final Fantasy VII Original DVD High Quality CG Collection" and "Square 5.1ch Movie Collection" have been uploaded to the Internet Archive: the

https://twitter.com/Carnivol/status/1251290281607135235?s=19

https://archive.org/details/DVDZ-9037

https://archive.org/details/SQSS-0001

These are official, DVD-format versions of the cutscenes, so maybe they can be used as the basis for a new FMV upscale project.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Also, to anyone having issues with The Reunion help bar flashing, I need you to join Discord and we can try a few things.

north101

• View Profile
Also, to anyone having issues with The Reunion help bar flashing, I need you to join Discord and we can try a few things.
I had this issue and after some trial and error I fixed it by setting:

Code: [Select]
Battle_Key_Press = n

orichalcon

• View Profile
    • The Reunion
I had this issue and after some trial and error I fixed it by setting:

Code: [Select]
Battle_Key_Press = n

i think it is n by default

yagha

• View Profile
Hi folks. I'm here to report a 'hang', I think it's called, but first of all I just wanted to say that this mod is absolutely amazing and it's helped me re-discover my love for this wonderful game. That's why I so desperately want to find a solution to this glitch.

The glitch:
-After beating Demon Gate at the Temple of the Ancients, I get the whole scene with Cait Sith sacrificing himself. After that, the camera shows Cloud and Aerith before the temple. The camera pans up and the temple disappears - and then nothing else happens. I can still hear background sounds from the forest, but nothing works (Pressing buttons). I get no crash report.

I tried doing the sequence with the translation turned off (Like with the Nibelheim glitch), but when I do so the game 'hangs up' right after Cait Sith accepts to read Aerith her and Cloud's fortune (Right after the Demon Gate fight).

I've tried turning off every option in the config, but nothing works.

Specs and logs:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=173TF0umOKWCefWnjOiCYew9Oip4UK6w5

-Other questions:
I was wondering where the save files for the Reunion are? The main folder only seems to have the saves from the normal Steam version, since if I start the game with The Reunion turned off none of my saves show up until I reactivate it.

I'm asking because I really want to finish the game, and wouldn't mind switching over to the regular Steam version with these saves. But that doesn't seem to work?

EDIT: Okay, I figured out the last part - I transferred the save from the Reunion to the Steam save folder in My Documents and opened the game with the Reunion turned off. I'll see if I can then get through this section and turn the Reunion back on.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 10:02:47 by yagha »

sackyachouchie

• View Profile
I apologize if it's been reported already but I promise I did try checking with crt + H in the reunion database! Anyways, Cloud's battle model has a miscolored right thigh (rtba), leg (rtbb), and hip (rtam) parts. Those parts look more like a aquamarine-like color while the rest of his outfit is purple.

I confirmed that the miscoloring is also present on the "hi poly" cloud model, because I tried to fix it by copying those parts over (siba, sibb, and siam).

As a quick and dirty fix I deleted those parts and the chest parts (rtan and sian), which made the clothing portion less poly but at least a matching color.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
it is and that isn't the cause .. or shouldn't be

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I did this, and the flickering help window still appears.
   and you used it instead of the launcher right?  directly opened it?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 11:28:22 by DLPB »

Zacksu

• View Profile
Amazing work on this mod.....By any chance is there a download mirror?
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 11:57:42 by Zacksu »

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
ff7.exe   N/A   The naming screen can use keyboard input, which interferes with directional keys on the same screen.   ?   DLPB   R06e

-- Who was it that submitted this bug?  It's not a Reunion bug but I've fixed it anyway.

north101

• View Profile
   and you used it instead of the launcher right?  directly opened it?
No, i'm using the launcher.

it is and that isn't the cause .. or shouldn't be
I was just stating what worked for me. a bit more info:
I installed Reunion r6d turned on a bunch of settings and noticed that the help bar was flashing. Turned all of them off and then 1 by 1 changed the settings to what I wanted (restarting the game in between) until I found the setting that caused the help bar to flash and that was the setting.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
I also need someone to add 1.02 1998 exe to root and directly click on it to open game without the launcher - to rule out Steam.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
Hold that - it turns out it is Battle_Key_Press = y  having an effect on this. I didn't see it was active in stylesismilo's original report.

I've replicated it now.  Will fix it. 

Fixed.  Thank you, north101 and stylesismilo.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-19 17:22:06 by DLPB »

usb

• View Profile
gongaga inn

the cursor disappears if you go under the "not really" option

jons

• View Profile
Hello,

sorry if this has been answered but i cant seem to find it. Does this reunion mod work with the new 7th heaven 2.0? i searched for it in there but couldnt find it. so I downloaded it from this thread and now im not sure what to do.

JustArd

• View Profile
So I made this post about entering Nibhelaim, but then today version r06e was released.

So I'll just it to thank DLPB for his work, since this is my first time experiencing the game.
« Last Edit: 2020-04-20 00:29:40 by JustArd »