Author Topic: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.2 (LIVE ON OFFICIAL SITE)  (Read 360762 times)

anthonyziack

• View Profile
Re: [FF9 PC] Moguri Mod update 8.0 (BETA V5 DOWNLOAD)
« Reply #425 on: 2020-05-24 15:40:37 »
Depends on Tirlititi. I'll assist him if needed, but as I understand it, he's in the middle a busy life right now.

Ah no worries. Do you know if you need to start a new file for Alternate Fantasy? for example, if I just play normally, then mod in AF later, will that be fine?

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #426 on: 2020-05-24 15:48:47 »
You should ask any AF related questions on AF's thread here: http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=16324

Q_Q

• View Profile
« Reply #427 on: 2020-05-24 17:42:07 »
The bug with FMVs also appearing in title screen video - each subsequent time it is more and more slower. And it seems to me that FMVs a little bit faster then before, but maybe I am wrong with that.

Also there is no oglop in Blank's hands at the start of the game:

Eldaer

• View Profile
« Reply #428 on: 2020-05-24 18:19:16 »
Are the black bars supposed to be there? Im in the beginning in alexandria. The black bars makes it 4:3 but when I press pause the black bars are removed and I see there is an actual 16:9 background there? It only happens on certain screens. Is this a bug?
Also, couldn't find info anywhere. Are the Steam achievements still working with this mod?
tyty
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 18:34:45 by Eldaer »

Glenn Seto

• View Profile
« Reply #429 on: 2020-05-24 18:44:57 »
The d-pad issue (which I've seen people comment may also affect shoulder buttons?) went away for me, when I configured the game's properties in Steam, disabling the Steam Overlay and forcing Per-Game Input Settings on. I also configured the input to rotate the overworld camera with the right stick, but that's just a personal preference.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-24 18:55:20 by Glenn Seto »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: 2020-05-24 19:09:33 »
It's normal that a lot of backgrounds are forced narrow screen, because they would appear glitchy on 16/9 with characters apprearing on bars etc. I personally created the list of excluded fields.

If someone with coding knowledge wants to have a go at making more scenes compatible with widescreen, here's the ticket:
https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/115

Memoria is an open project!

Xenogears

• View Profile
« Reply #431 on: 2020-05-24 20:19:21 »
Please look, can something else be fixed from this?
Something already fixed:
Position No. 8 3:22
Position No. 12 5:43
Position No. 9 3:51

https://youtu.be/3-g9yVk28GQ
https://youtu.be/ymWiUiCuj6o

e2zippo

• View Profile
« Reply #432 on: 2020-05-24 21:28:46 »
The d-pad issue (which I've seen people comment may also affect shoulder buttons?) went away for me, when I configured the game's properties in Steam, disabling the Steam Overlay and forcing Per-Game Input Settings on. I also configured the input to rotate the overworld camera with the right stick, but that's just a personal preference.

That did it, thanks a lot!

snouz: Marker when saving is overlapping the text, bug or intended? :)

https://imgur.com/a/3dYcRyn

Deadio

• View Profile
« Reply #433 on: 2020-05-25 06:49:36 »
After loading a save Textboxes are starting to be blank or broken up with missing Letters, tried disabling the font and/or changing game Language - any idea for a fix ?

https://gyazo.com/8b5bb5e044d27e045c88799650077317

Edit: Starting a new game seems to have fixed it, heres hoping then it doesnt happen again ^^
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 07:40:01 by Deadio »

Paiers

• View Profile
« Reply #434 on: 2020-05-25 08:04:53 »
I’m wondering if anybody had the same problem as me: I am using a Nintendo Switch Pro controller which is normally supported by steam and works perfectly fine with the vanilla game and with the old Memoria that came with Moguri mod v7.
The latest version of Memoria however seems to completely break the controller. When I launch the game with the controller already plugged in the A button is spammed automatically and if I plug it only after loading into the game only the A button and the left analog stick seem to work.
I tried disabling the “analog” part of Memoria.ini but it didn’t do anything.
Is this a known issue? Can anyone suggest a fix?
If nothing solves it I’ll go back to the older Memoria and try to use only the new assets like we did until v5. Thanks a lot to whoever offers advice!

friendlyrobot

• View Profile
« Reply #435 on: 2020-05-25 10:05:19 »
Thanks for your fantastic work !

My side, since I installed the BETA V5 over the regular Moguri download, the battle seems to be at speed 2 or 3 and I can't figure how to restore normal speed for battle even after wandering in Memoria.ini.... any advices ?

EDIT : Ok my problem seems to be solved ! In Memoria.ini I changed Battle FPS from 24 to 12 and it looks like original speed

The font Alexandria works great but again, after installing the BETA V5 the soundtracks from the regular Moguri doesn't work anymore, any idea about how to get them back ?

Thank you so much !

F
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 13:22:23 by friendlyrobot »

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #436 on: 2020-05-25 14:16:38 »
The bug with FMVs also appearing in title screen video - each subsequent time it is more and more slower. And it seems to me that FMVs a little bit faster then before, but maybe I am wrong with that.

Also there is no oglop in Blank's hands at the start of the game:

Video issue has already been fixed in latest memoria. The oglop has never been there since PSX so must be added and coded from scratch, which might be tricky
« Last Edit: 2020-05-25 15:59:58 by Caledor »

SummitBreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: 2020-05-25 15:08:56 »

You're absolutely right each time the title video plays it gets slower each time.  This would explain why the post I made about playing the videos from the title menu won't play right, it's because the title video already engaged some sort of function that effects the frame rate on the FMV.  Whatever this function does to the original value it isn't always being reset after the previous video finishes playing.  I'm curious if you skipped an FMV during normal gameplay if the next FMV to play in the story would be effected if you didn't restart your game, load a new file, or go back to the title menu.

Either way this actually does seem to effect normal gameplay during the end of the game. After the FMV where the Hilda Guarde leaves Zidane at the Iifa tree.  This problem slows down the already odd video where Zidane runs on the vines.  You can see what I encountered here:

https://youtu.be/s5B2PAPXVRY

Again excuse my lazy uploading with 0 editing off of my phone, but the timing is off which causes his character model to not know what to do/where to be.

After this happens the final FMV where Garnet and Zidane embrace plays at normal speed, but whatever value, that I'm referring to earlier in this post, never gets reset and this effects the final credits in the same way as the vine video and it's slowed down as well.  This can be seen here:

https://youtu.be/rDfJL4kWELY

Now I may be making assumptions as I've never seen the code for this, but that seems to be the case from what I can see.  I'll try to see if I can induce this fault during normal gameplay in different ways.  Sorry for the lengthy post!

Doom Oyster

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: 2020-05-25 15:59:05 »
SummitBreaker, have you tried the latest version (check the box in the launcher for check for updates)?

Q_Q

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: 2020-05-25 16:00:05 »
Video issue fixed in latest memoria. The oglop has never been there since PSX so must be added and coded from scratch, which might be tricky

Great to see such fast fixes, thanks for your work!

But I'm pretty sure that oglop is there in Steam version (or at least in previous Moguri builds), because I never played in PSX, but do remember oglop in Blank's hands.

Caledor

• [ITA]
    • View Profile
    • Facebook Page
« Reply #440 on: 2020-05-25 16:24:29 »
Great to see such fast fixes, thanks for your work!

But I'm pretty sure that oglop is there in Steam version (or at least in previous Moguri builds), because I never played in PSX, but do remember oglop in Blank's hands.

maybe the oglop you remember is the one jumping around later in Alexandria's Castle, when they're dressing up as soldiers? Vanilla steam doesn't have it either.

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: 2020-05-25 16:36:54 »
There's no oglop in that scene. That's an illusion created by the sound.
PSX version: https://youtu.be/D-YxOwpaVFU?t=455

SummitBreaker

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: 2020-05-25 18:10:38 »
SummitBreaker, have you tried the latest version (check the box in the launcher for check for updates)?

Oops yup that fixed that problem for me completely!  Welp I wasted a ton of time on that haha I work on a ship a lot so I don't have access to updates all the time, and I left that bit unchecked when I got back home!  Thanks for the help!

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: 2020-05-25 21:43:19 »
BTW, the mod with the installer should be up tomorrow.

IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED BETA v5, this is essentially the same thing, so no need to re-download that!

Aslo, when it releases, I'm counting on you to try and talk about it on forums, discords etc. that I might not be aware of!

decency_breakin3

• View Profile
« Reply #444 on: 2020-05-25 22:02:12 »
I've been screaming about this from the rooftops

Deathscythes

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: 2020-05-25 23:25:38 »
Hello,

Can someone explain to me how the loop fix works, please ?
By that I mean what does each file it replaces actually does.

The reason I am asking this is that both assets file of the loop fix are also overriden by the beta so I am guessing the loop fix might create a conflict.
As for assemblyCShard.dll whenever I replace it, it breaks the controls. Like Djidane moves on his own on the world map.
I have only replaced files that I am sure were not conflicting with the rest however this doesn't fix the Reflect SFX.

Assuming that it's where that fix is made, I wonder if there is a way for me to decompile the assemblyCSharp.dll, make the required modifications and recompile it.
Thanks a lot for the help :)

pentiumvi

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: 2020-05-26 06:43:47 »
EDIT: Nevermind. Had to update my winrar version in order to open the archive.
« Last Edit: 2020-05-26 06:46:29 by pentiumvi »

snouz

• [FR_EN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: 2020-05-26 07:21:16 »
Hello,

Can someone explain to me how the loop fix works, please ?
By that I mean what does each file it replaces actually does.

The reason I am asking this is that both assets file of the loop fix are also overriden by the beta so I am guessing the loop fix might create a conflict.
As for assemblyCShard.dll whenever I replace it, it breaks the controls. Like Djidane moves on his own on the world map.
I have only replaced files that I am sure were not conflicting with the rest however this doesn't fix the Reflect SFX.

Assuming that it's where that fix is made, I wonder if there is a way for me to decompile the assemblyCSharp.dll, make the required modifications and recompile it.
Thanks a lot for the help :)

AssemblyCSharp.dll is the most essential file, it should never be replaced. But the source for it in memoria's case is open: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria
If you have fixes to contribute, go ahead!

Deathscythes

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: 2020-05-26 07:57:46 »
AssemblyCSharp.dll is the most essential file, it should never be replaced. But the source for it in memoria's case is open: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria
If you have fixes to contribute, go ahead!

Thanks Snouz, actually if I can I'll gladly do so :)
Could you provide me with the source code of the AssemblyCSharp.dll that was used in the sound fix, please ? This way I'll likely be able to identify where the fix was applied and apply it to the code that is used in memoria. If not I'll try with JustDecompile

Neodoris

• View Profile
« Reply #449 on: 2020-05-26 09:21:53 »
Thanks Snouz, actually if I can I'll gladly do so :)
Could you provide me with the source code of the AssemblyCSharp.dll that was used in the sound fix, please ? This way I'll likely be able to identify where the fix was applied and apply it to the code that is used in memoria. If not I'll try with JustDecompile
In this topic, a way to edit the AssemblyCSharp.dll was described:

1) Download the tool dnSpy,
2) Open the Assembly-CSharp.dll using that tool,
3) Search for the class you want and its method, then right-click -> Edit Method
4) Save your new file.

Little question: does anyone know, with Moguri 8.0.1 applied, how many of the bugs found in these two videos are still in the game?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-g9yVk28GQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymWiUiCuj6o

There are 24 bugs plus two minor bugs found on Steam Vanilla.

To Snouz: did anybody contact you to improve the widescreen feature? I saw your post on GitHub: https://github.com/Albeoris/Memoria/issues/115
« Last Edit: 2020-05-26 09:39:40 by Neodoris »