Author Topic: FF7 Music (outdated)  (Read 296616 times)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
Re: STICKY: FF7 Music
« Reply #325 on: 2009-08-09 13:36:13 »
Good Day Covarr!!

thanks for replyin anyway on with the question though:

So I need to adjust the buffer..umm...How do you do this?

Do you need to adjust every mp3 it uses or just the plugin itself?

Sorry if i'm askin so BAKA here ( pardon the Jap word ) coz I'm a noob when it comes to this..

Hope you'll be patient with me...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: 2009-08-09 17:32:47 »
It depends. If they MP3s have spaces at the beginning or end, you need to manually edit the MP3. As for the buffer, that's a plugin setting you should be able to change from winamp or FF7Music.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: 2009-08-09 17:38:45 »
Yes you adjust the buffer inside "inmp3" plugin (or whicherever input plugin you are using) by going to "configure".  Don't make the buffer too low. The quality and response you get will depend on a few factors, including your soundcard.  MP3's in Constant bitrate should be better than VBR (at least that is what I seem to read everywhere) and it is definately true of editing software.

If the buffer is low enough, the pause at the end and beginning of loop should not be noticible.  That is in theory anyway....I haven't tested looping MP3 properly, I use PSF :)

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: 2009-08-10 02:50:35 »
Well I'm using the In_mad.dll  plugin and I don't know where should I change the settings to make it lower. Its kinda confusing really...

If you can help me with this I'll be forever in your debt....

Thanks in advance!!!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: 2009-08-10 02:55:28 »
Usually the default buffer isn't noticeable. I don't recall ever encountering a situation where it was > 1 second... for you to be experiencing 3-4 second delays, you might be better off cropping your mp3 files in audacity before you try to fux with the mp3 decoder settings... can you verify that the files don't have any silence at the beginning or end? Play one in a decent media player like winamp or something, set it to loop and turn crossfading off, and see if there's any silence. If so, then you should fix *that*. If not, then I'm not being helpful, haha.

Just a side note: are you using FinalFanTim's mp3's?
« Last Edit: 2009-08-10 02:57:48 by titeguy3 »

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: 2009-08-10 04:41:04 »
Yeah I'm using FinalFantims remastered ost.  And I played a bit in Winamp...It only has 1 second of delay or none at all.. And I also use some songs from other sources which suits my taste...But they don't seem to have that kind of delay. I didn't have to turn off crossfade coz its not even on in mine.

Newsflash though,,
I downloaded a Midi.lgp from this forum and it kinda helped in a way... And I changed the Fanfare.mp3 with another version of it..( it's kinda cool actually)
And tinkered with the buffer. ( I was practically sweating like a pig from don it..sheessh!)

Its now delayin 1-2 secs but that's an improvement. Some of the songs are kinda garbly. Especially my added mp3s...But The Remastered ones are OK..

Another Question though...

Are you also using FnalFanTims Remastered OST's? If so do you know what other songs are missing? Because When I load FFVII music I can only see 93 file counts of the songs...and when I use the PSFs Its says 97...What are the other songs that I missed?

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: 2009-08-10 04:41:56 »
The buffer options are in same place for mad.  They are found in configuration button and then on the Buffer tab.  I haven'yt really used buffer settings there but experiment with it :)

bedtime...for sure now. :P

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: 2009-08-10 06:15:44 »
I know for a fact that 90% of FFT's songs aren't yet looped properly (rather, I don't believe he's posted the looped versions yet), so I had to cut the silence out of all the tracks I got from him. They all loop seamlessly in winamp now.

As for the missing files, here's a guide I wrote up some time ago that should help you determine what you're missing:
Code: [Select]
aseri = "Hurry!"
aseri2 = "Hurry Faster! (Hurry up!)"
ayasi = "Lurking in the Darkness"
barret = "Barret's Theme"
bat = "Fighting (Let the Battles Begin)"
bee = "Honeybee Manor"
bokujo = "Farm Boy"
boo = "Lifestream"
cannon = "The Makou Cannon is Fired~Shinra Explodes" (medley)
canyon = "Cosmo Canyon"
cephiros = "Those Chosen by the Planet"
chase = "Crazy Motorcycle"
chu = "Those Who Fight Further"
chu2 = "J-E-N-O-V-A"
cinco = "Cinco de Chocobo"
cintro = "Those Chosen by the Planet" (heartbeat intro only)
comical = [Unused in game]
condor = "Fortress of the Condor"
corel = "Mining Town"
corneo = "Don of the Slums"
costa = "Costa del Sol"
crlost = "Tango of Tears"
crwin = "A Great Success"
date = "Interrupted by Fireworks"
dokubo = "Underneath the Rotting Pizza"
dun2 = "Chasing the Black Caped Man"
earis = "Aerith's Theme"
earislo = "Flowers Blooming in the Church"
elec = "Electric de Chocobo"
fan2 = "Fanfare" (full)
fanfare = "Fanfare" (opening)
fiddle = "Fiddle de Chocobo"
fin = "World Crisis"
geki = "Debut"
gold1 = "Gold Saucer"
guitar2 = "On the Other Side of the Mountain"
gun = "Shinra Army Wages a Full Scale Attack"
hen = "Who Am I?"
hiku = "The Highwind Takes to the Skies"
horror = "Trail of Blood"
iseki = "You Can Hear the Cry of the Planet"
jukai = "Forested Temple"
junon = "Off the Edge of Despair"
jyro = "Steal the Tiny Bronco"
ketc = "Cait Sith's Theme"
kita = "The Great Northern Cave"
kurai = "Anxious Heart"
lb1 = "Birth of a God"
lb2 = "One Winged Angel"
lb2_awe = "One Winged Angel" (AWE)
ld = "Judgement Day"
makoro = "Makou Reactor"
mati = "Ahead On Our Way"
mekyu = "Reunion"
mogu = "The Moogle Takes to the Skies" (first 15s of "The Highwind Takes to the Skies")
mura1 = "Parochial Town"
nointro = "Those Chosen by the Planet" (no heartbeat intro)
oa = "Opening~Bombing Mission" (medley)
ob = "Bombing Mission"
odds = "Place Your Bets! (Racing Chocobos)"
over2 = "Continue"
parade = "Rufus' Welcoming Ceremony"
pj = "Jenova Absolute"
pre = "Final Fantasy VII Prelude Theme"
red = "Red XIII's Theme"
rhythm = "Turks' Theme"
riku = "Shinra Explodes" (part 1)
ro = "The Countdown Begins"
rocket = "Oppressed People"
roll = "Staff Roll"
rukei = "Sandy Badlands"
sadbar = "Mark of the Traitor"
sadsid = "Sending a Dream into the Universe"
sea = "Secret of the Deep Sea"
seto = "Great Warrior"
si = "Shinra Explodes" (part 2)
sid2 = "Cid's Theme"
sido = "It's Difficult Standing on Both Feet, isn't it?"
siera = "If You Open Your Heart"
sinra = "Shinra Company"
sinraslo = "Infiltrating Shinra Tower"
snow = "Buried in the Snow"
ta = "Final Fantasy VII Main Theme"
tb = "Final Fantasy VII Main Theme" (from middle)
tender = "Holding my Thoughts in my Heart"
tifa = "Tifa's Theme"
tm = "On That Day, Five Years Ago"
utai = "Wutai"
vincent = "The Nightmare's Beginning (Vincent's Theme)"
walz = "Waltz de Chocobo"
weapon = "Weapon Raid"
yado = "Goodnight Until Tomorrow"
yufi = "Descendant of Shinobi"
yufi2 = "Stolen Materia"
yume = "Who Are You?"

Pay heed to this list and look for files that you don't have. Some are doubles, some are edited copies. You're gonna have to cut some of the mp3's to get the full list. If you're not sure where to cut, look for the original MIDI's online (they're easy to find) and play em.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: 2009-08-10 09:59:09 »
Oh!..SOka!

Thanks for the list!...Anyway is audacity a free program? or ya have to purchase this?

Hmm..ya say your mp3's looped in winamp?..How do you do this? When I played mine it just ends and goes next to another song.....

I'm really BAKA huh?...I just really want to play this game as seamless as possible...I really appreciate the time and effort ya did..

Arigato Gozaimasu!

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: 2009-08-10 21:16:05 »
mondai inai!

There are three options in winamp: Shuffle, Loop, and Repeat. Turn Repeat on so that it'll play the same track over, then skip to the end of it, and see how much time there is between the song ending, and starting up again.

And yes, Audacity is a free program! And it's pretty easy to use, too.

Torazo

• View Profile
« Reply #335 on: 2009-08-11 02:21:44 »
I have a question... Who are the creators of FF7Music?

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: 2009-08-11 03:19:37 »
I think it was Ficedula(?).... The guy behind LGP tools program. See Prog. information

titeguy3

• A jack of all trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: 2009-08-11 03:59:21 »
yeah, ficedula, you can visit his webpage here though I don't think he posted the source code for FF7Music on it.

Kudistos Megistos

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: 2009-08-13 00:52:35 »
I don't think he posted the source code for FF7Music on it.

Apparently not. You could try to contact him, but he says that there is a 90% chance of emails being ignored :-P.

Harruzame

• Mondai Nai....
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: 2009-08-20 06:23:44 »
Does anybody know where could I get Midi ID's for "mogu= mogu.mp3" and Nointro=nointro.mp3? I can't seem to find them in the the .ini...

And is the profile tab has a fixed list of the midis?
  I really want to get all the MP3s of the songs and It seems Titeguy's list included them...But no matter how I insert the song it wouldn't show on the profile...

Plz. Help!!!!

Arzga

• View Profile
« Reply #340 on: 2009-08-24 12:20:41 »
Ok, so I have a problem with FF7Music. I have Windows 7 and I used this guide to config FF7Music right.http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8245.0

I have succesfully managed to mute the midi music, and I am able to hear all sound effects. But I cant get mp3's working at all. Anyone have any ideas why I can't hear any music?

EDIT: Got it to work!
« Last Edit: 2009-08-24 14:24:14 by Arzga »

safyr

« Reply #341 on: 2009-09-10 22:20:24 »
Ok, so I have a problem with FF7Music. I have Windows 7 and I used this guide to config FF7Music right.http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=8245.0

I have succesfully managed to mute the midi music, and I am able to hear all sound effects. But I cant get mp3's working at all. Anyone have any ideas why I can't hear any music?

EDIT: Got it to work!
Hey How do you Fix your problem :S, ia have the same Problem in Win 7, the mp3 Play sometimes or anytime... :\ i need help please...

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: 2009-09-11 01:01:17 »
If you're getting sound effects and no music, the problem is probably one of the following:

1. You have messed up when specifying the locations of the MP3 files.
2. Your MP3s are in a directory with spaces in it. FF7Music throws a tantrum when the path has spaces in it.
3. Your input or output plugin in FF7Music isn't working right. This is particularly likely if you are using an x64 system, as older versions of in_mp3.dll have trouble with x64, but newer versions have trouble with FF7Music.
4. If you're using Loopbe, then FF7Music needs to have that set as the midi port to listen to.
5. If you muted your music by editing or deleting midi.lgp, that may be causing problems; I'd advise leaving it intact and muting music with Aali's driver instead, this guarantees that FF7Music will still receive the data it needs to function properly.

Hope one of these helps!

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: 2009-12-10 19:19:36 »
Hi everyone,

First post here, so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

Having trouble getting FF7music to work, suspect I may be using the ultima edition people dislike so much.
Is there a way to tell which version I'm using? Would this explain why FF7music doesn't work with it? All the other mods haven't been a trouble so I'm not sure what the issue may be.
If this is the case, can anyone suggest a site or shop they may be able to provide the original game? I've sought it for years with no success.

Regardless, I thank you kindly for any information you can provide.

Sed.
« Last Edit: 2009-12-10 19:26:12 by Sed7 »

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: 2009-12-10 20:10:34 »
Hi everyone,

First post here, so please forgive me if this has been covered before.

Having trouble getting FF7music to work, suspect I may be using the ultima edition people dislike so much.
Is there a way to tell which version I'm using? Would this explain why FF7music doesn't work with it? All the other mods haven't been a trouble so I'm not sure what the issue may be.
If this is the case, can anyone suggest a site or shop they may be able to provide the original game? I've sought it for years with no success.

Regardless, I thank you kindly for any information you can provide.

Sed.

If you purchased a legit copy, you're not using the Ultima Edition. If you're using a downloaded copy, you won't get any tech support from here whether or not you're using Ultima Edition.

You can't really find it new for sale anymore, but you can probably come across a copy on ebay.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: 2009-12-11 15:12:47 »
So 3rd hand copies would be my best shot?

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: 2009-12-11 16:02:22 »
Yup. It's virtually impossible to find new copies at retailers anymore.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: 2009-12-12 21:10:14 »
Well, I managed to get a hold of a friend's 4 disk PC version, seemed to install fine, thought I'd test it out and it ran with no problems. Tried adding some of the mods and now it's asking to insert a disk, the one's in the CD drive don't seem to work, so I tried to mount an iso but got the same responce.

I thought the mods had nothing to do with the exe files? Or is it something to do with what the mods ahve done to the registry files?

By the way, completely understand this is the wrong topic to discuss this. I'll try looking around in the mean time.

EDIT: Nevermind, seemed a one time thing, just need to do a few tweaks to the remix installer and it's all good :D
« Last Edit: 2009-12-13 13:45:50 by Sed7 »

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: 2009-12-14 10:58:20 »
Me again! >.>

Just wondering if anyone can point me towards a decent wave editor? Tried using Cool Edit Pro (2.1) to try and loop my custom songs better, but the ones I edit sound different to the original once the game uses them. the unedited ones play fine, same quality, but don't loop as well as I'd like.

Any help is deeply appreciated.

Sed.

Covarr

• Covarr-Let
  • Administrator
  • Just Covarr. No "n".
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: 2009-12-14 18:16:01 »
I personally like GoldWave, but if you're looking for free then Audacity should do the trick.