Author Topic: everyones inspirations  (Read 3449 times)

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
everyones inspirations
« on: 2010-11-22 01:47:23 »
I was just sitting here wondering, how did all these people get the skill and inspiration to work so hard on modding pc games. Or even the skill to do it. I can sit here all day an try to read and learn and figure out how to do the things others do..but can't really seem to get anywhere, this si really when for me because this is the same method I used to learn how to hack and mod my psp, wii, and ps3 (that was especially hard since it is the Cloud Black ACC model from japan)  I'm guessing some of you have gone to school for computer programming to learn most of the things you do?

Anyway just curious and mostly wanted to see what direction and approach I should take.

nfitc1

• I just don't know what went wrong.
    • View Profile
    • WM/PrC Blog
Re: everyones inspirations
« Reply #1 on: 2010-11-22 14:04:53 »
I'm guessing some of you have gone to school for computer programming to learn most of the things you do?

That's an interesting thing. There was a programming class offered at my high school when I was a senior, but I wasn't able to take it due to a scheduling conflict. I knew the teacher pretty well and she managed to give me a book that I learned by myself from. After about two months I showed her some of the stuff I had done and she said I had already gone past what the class was going to cover.

After that it was mostly self-teaching all the way. I did get a degree in Computer Engineering, but I've learned more since I've been done with that and on my own. The tools I made are just a way to keep me learning so I don't get rusty. There you have it. No grand scheme of fighting the man or anything. I saw a need and I went to fill it for my own education. Plus I just like seeing it work and making it look professional so I can compare it to other progs. I don't get too impressed by little tech gadgets because I can "see" how they work.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010-11-22 15:24:02 »
wow that awesome, I'm thinking about starting classes for programming at the University of Phoenix, I've always been interested in computers, but I'd say my strongest point is networking right now. But I would really like to be able to contribute something here and anywhere else besides posts and wants.

Bosola

• Fire hazard!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #3 on: 2010-11-24 17:08:22 »
I was just sitting here wondering, how did all these people get the skill and inspiration to work so hard on modding pc games. Or even the skill to do it. I can sit here all day an try to read and learn and figure out how to do the things others do..but can't really seem to get anywhere, this si really when for me because this is the same method I used to learn how to hack and mod my psp, wii, and ps3 (that was especially hard since it is the Cloud Black ACC model from japan)  I'm guessing some of you have gone to school for computer programming to learn most of the things you do?

Anyway just curious and mostly wanted to see what direction and approach I should take.

The sheer and horrific brokenness, the totally wasted potential, of Final Fantasy 7. That's behind Rebirth, and just about every tool behind it (Welder, Libre, the Animations guide).

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010-11-24 17:57:59 »
interest in learning something new and challenges inspire me. I love tackling projects i have no idea how to even start, and overcoming problems i never would have expected.

youknowiknow778

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010-11-24 18:32:41 »
Hahaha all good answers, can't wait for rebirth.