Author Topic: I need to edit the exe for higher FPS, does anyone know how?  (Read 2844 times)

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I need to modify the exe to run at 39 fps on the field and 18-19 fps in battle. I have my fraps recording well noe, but I believe everything would come out a LOT better if I could modify the EXE's frame-rates.

Anyone that could give me some helpful info would be greatly appreciated.

Kranmer

• View Profile
well i believe there values for editing the FPS in the EXE for in-battle (sorry i cant help with the field fps) can be found posted by obesebear here
http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=10147.0

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
I dont know very much hex editing, so I would need to know the values to change, or someone could put up a guide of what to do. How do I even hex edit the exe?Open it in notepad? What values are for what?

Thanx in advance.

PLS obesebear or sl, I know you guys know how to do this in battle at least, but Id love to do it for field as well, Just tell me what values to change where, and Ive got it. And I will be glad to post as many videos of whatever because they will all be 720p and extra smooth.
« Last Edit: 2010-07-01 04:06:38 by jeffdamann »

pyrozen

• Team Avalanche Member
    • View Profile
there was a problem with upping the FPS, it makes the game run faster. Instead of a game like Crysis where the frame rate doesn't control the speed, in FF7 PC it does. If you double the FPS, then the battles move at twice the speed. I think someone reworked some animations so this wasn't noticable, but im not sure how much of a difference it actually made.

lee

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
Obesebear did it, and it looked good from what I saw, but you understand I dont want to increase fps to increase model speed, I want to do it to increase game speed overall. I get a 5-6 fps lag in field and a 1-2 fps lag in battle, I want to adjust it so when recording I have 31-32 in the field and 15-17 in th battles...

obesebear

• View Profile
The easiest solution is...

Buy a better computer :)

I honestly don't know where the values for the field are.  Try overclocking your processor or make sure there are no other tasks running besides fraps and ff7.

jeffdamann

• The ORIGINAL!
    • View Profile
lemme post some stats...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgJnw21tRPk

Do you honestly think I need a better computer?