Author Topic: FF8 Enhancing  (Read 222181 times)

renosky

Re: STICKY: FF8 Enhancing
« Reply #150 on: 2009-12-02 00:14:40 »
I know this is old... but here we go. I finally got the launcher to work. I used 1.31 instead of 1.3 and launched it from my desktop. I have a GTS 210. It isn't a powerful card, but it has all the new features, making it perfect for older 3d games. I am running DirectX11. Antialiasing: 16xQ. 8x supersample transparency. 16x anisotropic filtering. Forced vertical synchronization. I think antialiasing is automatically disabled at higher resolutions, though. Looks like photobucket resizes high-res to 1024x768. Is that right?
Here is with the default settings:
[imghttp://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt146/skyguyfromasr/Untitled.jpg]http://[/img]
1024x768

1280x960

For me, 1024+AA is almost exactly the same as 1280. Anyway, the game is beautiful and I can once again stand playing it. I just need to upgrade the sound now.

Sed7

• No New Topic
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: 2010-01-19 12:25:11 »
Hi guys,

After how impressed I was with the mods to FF7, I thought I'd try them out for FF8 too, however as expected I'm having a fair bit of trouble with the mods, perhaps even the game it's self (although admitedly I am using Win7 RC client).

Am I right in assuming FF8_Launcher fixed the 8-bit black box issues for nVidia cards? Because despite having the Launcher they're still all over the place. Ran in software mod fixed that, but of course I'd like to avoid the slow down of using the CPU if possible.

I've also tried using the midi's from Sam's package, but even with the older dmsynth.dll, I'm still having issues where the some of the instruments aren't playing.

Some other issues I've tried looking for but may of missed was with my 360 controller, the sensitivity is through the roof, making navigating menu's and such pretty erratic.

Might be another stupid question, but is there an already established topic with a step-by-step guide to using these mods?

Many thanks, in advance.

Sed.

EDIT - Managed to fix the sound with another soundfont, so just the graphics and controller to worry about now!
« Last Edit: 2010-01-19 12:58:06 by Sed7 »

Element H

« Reply #152 on: 2010-02-25 01:19:11 »
Hi guys,

After how impressed I was with the mods to FF7, I thought I'd try them out for FF8 too, however as expected I'm having a fair bit of trouble with the mods, perhaps even the game it's self (although admitedly I am using Win7 RC client).

Am I right in assuming FF8_Launcher fixed the 8-bit black box issues for nVidia cards? Because despite having the Launcher they're still all over the place. Ran in software mod fixed that, but of course I'd like to avoid the slow down of using the CPU if possible.

I've also tried using the midi's from Sam's package, but even with the older dmsynth.dll, I'm still having issues where the some of the instruments aren't playing.

Some other issues I've tried looking for but may of missed was with my 360 controller, the sensitivity is through the roof, making navigating menu's and such pretty erratic.

Might be another stupid question, but is there an already established topic with a step-by-step guide to using these mods?

Many thanks, in advance.

Sed.

EDIT - Managed to fix the sound with another soundfont, so just the graphics and controller to worry about now!

I ran into the same problem using my xbox360 controller. It was just way too sensitive for FF8 but worked fine on FF7. I wrote a faq recently on gamefaqs about a way to fix this.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=197342&topic=53531461

I would have made it here but I just recently discovered this forum. Not sure how to help you with your graphics problem but I hope this helps.

Dzin

« Reply #153 on: 2010-03-04 14:15:21 »
Hi

This month last updates: Aali OpenGL driver 0.7.6b (2010/03/16)

I host some of the most critical work that has been made for Final Fantasy VIII on Megaupload, maybe you would like to have some kind of backup for these.
Files are all accessible in one Megaupload folder, follow the downloads link -> FF8 Folder
Contains only last versions.

Here are the links to the original threads from authors.
Aali-OpenGLDriver0.7.6b
   FF7/FF8-friendly OpenGL driver from Aali
Ficedula-FF8Configurator2.2
   More complete FF8 configuration program from Ficedula
gjoerulv-FF8EnemyEditor0.9.0.1
   FF8 IFRIT Enemy Editor: Allows file editing from battle.fs from gjoerulv
magixts-FF8Launcher1.31
   FF8 DX6 hooker - enable high resolutions, FSAA and AF from magixts
magixts-FF8Launcher1.31r9-source
   FF8 DX6 hooker - enable high resolutions, FSAA and AF - Source files from magixts
Makubex-FF8AvatarMod1.9
   FF8 Avatar mod from Makubex
OfficialPatch-FF8_1.2
   Official Eidos Patch for non-NVidia Graphic cards
OfficialPatch-FF8_1.2GF
   Official Eidos Patch for NVidia Graphic cards
Phun-HP_DMGCapRemover1.3
   FF8 HP and damage cap remover (max 32767) for spanish/english 1.2 official patch only from Phun
SamuelSlight-FF8DLS1.39 - go here for Troubleshooting
   FF8 PSX-like Soundfonts from Samuel Slight

If an author asks for it, I can remove his link from this folder, but will keep hosting it anyway if I need it.
Send me an MP if you'd like your thread linked here.
« Last Edit: 2010-03-31 05:21:22 by Dzin »

mikeerfol

• View Profile
Re: FF8 Enhancing
« Reply #154 on: 2012-02-20 19:50:05 »
hey, I just found out about the launcher, but now rapidshare is shut down. Could someone please upload it again from different site?

Thanks

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: 2012-02-20 20:10:05 »
@mikeerfol: Look here FF8Launcher.rar (1.4)

mikeerfol

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: 2012-02-20 20:49:28 »
ok I downloaded it. Can you PM me instructions on what to do next? Thanks

UGerstl

• Analyst and Backup-Manager
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: 2012-02-20 21:26:58 »
@mikeerfol: Read the requests from lordgeny and the answers he get.
                   Sorry, but i am not very familiar with the installation of FF8.
                   >Click me<
« Last Edit: 2012-04-05 08:27:42 by UGerstl »

Squall_1904

• "As long as I have my sword..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: 2012-05-24 15:48:13 »
I would like a completely identical psx-like musics. -.- How can't someone never ever made that?