Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99993)  (Read 4819986 times)

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7200 on: 2018-08-17 16:33:02 »
Ahh, ok, that explains why when I opened with Shiva, Jenova didn't even get her spawns out before she went down! The other stuff I had kinda figured out, but I wasn't 100% sure if it worked like that!

Non game-play question: When the party reaches Coasta Del Sol, there's a cutscene where Rufus and Hediegyahaha are supposed to leave the boat, and Rufus gets on a helicopter. But in the mod, they both get off the helicopter (?) and then Rufus gets back on. Is there a reason this was changed (other than Heidegyahaha being in position to toss the Shinra Manager off screen XD)?

And possible bug: When first visiting the Gold Saucer, if you go to the roller coaster ride where you meet Dio for the first time, the "chase" music plays instead of the normal GS theme. I know the music plays there when you're chasing Cait Sith around later on, but maybe look into that?

And finally, part of my previous issue was that I wasn't using the level-up sources! Like, I would see "Check SP" when at a save point, but I didn't know how to spend the points. I thought I had to back-track to the cave, but when that didn't do anything, I had to double-check the documentation which DOES say there's an option in the Save-Point interface, but I never saw it. It was THERE, i just... never looked UP >_<  Perhaps as a possible QoL thing, have the option to "Spend SP" underneath "Check SP"? Also, when I did that, it did Cait 3 times, is that normal?

UpRisen

• Again... AVALANCHE is born again!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7201 on: 2018-08-17 18:07:05 »
Cait, cid, and vincent all start with multiple ranks to make up for their joining later in the game.

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7202 on: 2018-08-18 05:45:15 »
Oh, and I -think- there's an omission in the steal/morph/drop spreadsheet: The commanders in the Fort Condor battle should you choose to fight them! Also, the Guard Scorpion @ Mt Nibel doesn't seem to be listed, either.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7203 on: 2018-08-19 01:01:43 »
Quick question - i'm running 7H with field character models. It seems that your Soldier class field models (black ones) end up getting replaced by a bunch of Cids (no matter what Cid model I run). Any thoughts on this one?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-19 01:03:36 by cjmstate »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7204 on: 2018-08-19 15:35:10 »
Quick question - i'm running 7H with field character models. It seems that your Soldier class field models (black ones) end up getting replaced by a bunch of Cids (no matter what Cid model I run). Any thoughts on this one?

The soldier models originally replaced those field models, but in later builds they got their own unique char.lgp IDs. The latest versions shouldn't have this issue, when/where did you download the mod from? Is it from the 7H catalog?

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7205 on: 2018-08-19 16:25:35 »

The soldier models originally replaced those field models, but in later builds they got their own unique char.lgp IDs. The latest versions shouldn't have this issue, when/where did you download the mod from? Is it from the 7H catalog?

Yes, got it from the 7H catalog as part of the "Gameplay - Difficult and Story" item. Appears to be last updated on 2/12/2017. Is it going to mess my older NT mod version up if I activate your new mod and disable it from the difficult and story item? Also, where in the 7H load order should this be?

Edit: Seems like it is running ok. New models are there although they are the classic block dudes and not the Kalderasha models. If you could confirm load order though that would be great. Also, not quite sure what this "mode toggle" is?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-19 17:27:32 by cjmstate »

JokerTheRoyale

• View Profile
« Reply #7206 on: 2018-08-19 16:39:59 »
Dunno if this is a good place to ask you this but I have a couple of questions, I tried finding a way to PM you and I didnt see any options too. But,  I've been messing around in Wallmarket and stuff, my first question is how did you edit the characters AI? Is there something special I need to do else where? When I try all I have is a black box and no options to try and open up opcodes or anything. And for the item shops, did you use White Chocobo or a different way of editing them?

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7207 on: 2018-08-19 19:36:52 »
The newest versions has alot of differences compared to the catalogue version and I would recommend you just start over to prevent any future problems. New Threat must be placed below any mods that change models, and above any mods that affect gameplay mechanics ( which you shouldnt be using so putting NT at the bottom of the load order will work)

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7208 on: 2018-08-20 00:14:47 »
The newest versions has alot of differences compared to the catalogue version and I would recommend you just start over to prevent any future problems. New Threat must be placed below any mods that change models, and above any mods that affect gameplay mechanics ( which you shouldnt be using so putting NT at the bottom of the load order will work)

Already made it to underwater reactor so no way I'm starting over... :( Seems to be working fine though. Only thing is that it seems to have Ranked everyone's SP level up to 8. I don't want to get characters that were likely close to 8 too buffed. I see that you can skip the upgrade though. However, I noticed now that the upgrades only dish out like 1 or 2 sources of each (despite what the prompt says.
« Last Edit: 2018-08-20 00:42:06 by cjmstate »

UpRisen

• View Profile
« Reply #7209 on: 2018-08-20 01:06:37 »
if you are using the exe included in the NT download then sources give 5 per use. If you didnt replace your exe before using any rank up then you are 4 stats short for every source used.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7210 on: 2018-08-20 01:58:06 »
Dunno if this is a good place to ask you this but I have a couple of questions, I tried finding a way to PM you and I didnt see any options too. But,  I've been messing around in Wallmarket and stuff, my first question is how did you edit the characters AI? Is there something special I need to do else where? When I try all I have is a black box and no options to try and open up opcodes or anything. And for the item shops, did you use White Chocobo or a different way of editing them?

Character AI can be modified by the wall market tool, and is in the Initial Data/Character AI tabs. Not sure what you mean by a black box, it should look like this:

Item shops can be modified using White Chocobo tool, and are organised into sets that are called by the game's field script in flevel.lgp. For NT, I didn't modify much of the shops themselves just the shop inventories called by the field script.

White choco can be temperamental, especially after using it for the first time where it can crash trying to load files. There was a fix somewhere in the white choco thread, something about using a keyboard shortcut to load files instead to avoid the issue. You'll also need to install dependencies like for wall market, etc.

Already made it to underwater reactor so no way I'm starting over... :( Seems to be working fine though. Only thing is that it seems to have Ranked everyone's SP level up to 8. I don't want to get characters that were likely close to 8 too buffed. I see that you can skip the upgrade though. However, I noticed now that the upgrades only dish out like 1 or 2 sources of each (despite what the prompt says.

The IROs don't come with exe changes unfortunately (but this is going to be changed soon, I think pending an update to 7th Heaven itself). The IRO folder supplied on this thread has the .exes you need to use inside it, just drop em into your FF7 folder. If you've been playing up to now on an older version, then your rank ups will likely be correct.

JokerTheRoyale

• View Profile
« Reply #7211 on: 2018-08-20 02:10:50 »
Character AI can be modified by the wall market tool, and is in the Initial Data/Character AI tabs. Not sure what you mean by a black box, it should look like this:

Mine looks like that on some of the options, but then others look like this:

And I can't do anything in that grayish colored box. What other dependencies would I need?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-20 03:25:24 by JokerTheRoyale »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7212 on: 2018-08-20 02:28:17 »
So hey, I noticed something which I have to question (maybe its the game itself and not the mod, but...)

Anyway, Cloud, Barret and Tifa are all level 51, and while farming for X-Potions against Hungrys, their damage output seemed... odd. Here are the relevant stats:

Cloud: STR 133, ATK 170, EQUIP Organics. Damage: 732-770
Barret: STR 95, ATK 131, EQUIP Chainsaw. Damage 480-516
Tifa: STR 122, ATK 172, EQUIP Work Glove. Damage 514-535

Tifa's STR is 11 less than Cloud, her ATK is 2 MORE, and yet her damage output is barely any higher than Barret, who's attack stats are pretty lousy. Why/how is Cloud doing more than 200 damage than the other two?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-20 02:30:00 by EmperorSteele »

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7213 on: 2018-08-20 02:35:23 »
Appreciate all the support, guys. Great mod and keep up the good work!

fafefifofu

• View Profile
« Reply #7214 on: 2018-08-20 13:16:00 »
Right, so it sounds like the game isn't patched properly which has left some fields as default scripts rather than the NT ones, leading to the issue. This may mean that other fields are using default scripts which could cause more major problems later on.

Should I patch the game again or that could make things even worse?

jugend

• View Profile
« Reply #7215 on: 2018-08-20 14:04:23 »
So hey, I noticed something which I have to question (maybe its the game itself and not the mod, but...)

Anyway, Cloud, Barret and Tifa are all level 51, and while farming for X-Potions against Hungrys, their damage output seemed... odd. Here are the relevant stats:

Tifa's STR is 11 less than Cloud, her ATK is 2 MORE, and yet her damage output is barely any higher than Barret, who's attack stats are pretty lousy. Why/how is Cloud doing more than 200 damage than the other two?

It's because work glove along with all the other ancient weapons have a different damage formula and the death penalty effect, it takes something like 1k+ kills until the damage becomes comparable I think..

If I recall correctly, there are plans to change them around a bit for the next update.

Beta

• View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: 2018-08-20 22:11:01 »
Hi, just been playing through this mod and been wondering, does Aeris' Restore Rod actually scale off anything or is it a flat amount, I noticed it seems to heal characters approximately the same amount, but that healing value varies from character to character.  So I'm just trying to figure out what dictates the amount of healing the restore rod does, thank you.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: 2018-08-21 01:14:25 »
Mine looks like that on some of the options, but then others look like this:

And I can't do anything in that grayish colored box. What other dependencies would I need?

Click on one of the AI groups that has an asterisk * next to it (Cloud's physical counter has one). That'll show some of the AI.

To start writing AI in a greyed box, hit enter and it should start you off with a row of blank cells and a 73 (END) below it. Then you can start entering AI.

To get you started, here's my OpCodes List/Notes:
https://pastebin.com/iF4m5X4y

If you need a hand with anything let me know.

Work Glove is responsible, it has a unique damage formula (same with all the Ancient/Joke weapons like Nail Bat, Rocket Punch, Mop, etc.) that uses character kills to modify damage dealt rather than the standard physical formula. While this is handy for Morphing as it avoids the penalty, it isn't made clear in-game and I'm going to be changing these at some point. Sorry for the confusion.

Should I patch the game again or that could make things even worse?

NT's main installer is very robust so what it'll do is just overwrite all the files and fix any problems with clashing mods. If it's IRO, then you need to shuffle the mod load order to make sure nothing's getting overwritten.

It's because work glove along with all the other ancient weapons have a different damage formula and the death penalty effect, it takes something like 1k+ kills until the damage becomes comparable I think..

If I recall correctly, there are plans to change them around a bit for the next update.

Ah beat me to it.

Hi, just been playing through this mod and been wondering, does Aeris' Restore Rod actually scale off anything or is it a flat amount, I noticed it seems to heal characters approximately the same amount, but that healing value varies from character to character.  So I'm just trying to figure out what dictates the amount of healing the restore rod does, thank you.

The weapon has a magic-based formula and should be using her Magic stat to determine healing amount. However, I noticed that it uses the magic ATTACK formula rather than the restore one so it's probably coming up against the target's Spirit stat (and might be blocked by MBarrier as well).

JokerTheRoyale

• View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: 2018-08-21 03:43:49 »
Ok, thank you so much. Also, I know your mod has SP from enemies/bosses. Did you input those variables into the exe or did you use Makou Reactor to add them?I'm just trying to learn/figure out all the ways each tool can be used. Because I liked what you did by taking out the source farming, makes the game to easy and everytime I play it I always say Im not gonna do it and I end up doing it. Im trying to figure out a way to add an NPC to certain Fields that has the ability to give you the sources, hell, maybe even other items. Is there a var that I can set to make it maybe like, give out maybe like 5 sources for each character per NPC in each  area?
« Last Edit: 2018-08-21 04:07:29 by JokerTheRoyale »

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: 2018-08-21 04:33:55 »

Work Glove is responsible, it has a unique damage formula (same with all the Ancient/Joke weapons like Nail Bat, Rocket Punch, Mop, etc.) that uses character kills to modify damage dealt rather than the standard physical formula. While this is handy for Morphing as it avoids the penalty, it isn't made clear in-game and I'm going to be changing these at some point. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah! That explains it, then. Cool, thanks!

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7220 on: 2018-08-22 02:10:14 »
The IROs don't come with exe changes unfortunately (but this is going to be changed soon, I think pending an update to 7th Heaven itself). The IRO folder supplied on this thread has the .exes you need to use inside it, just drop em into your FF7 folder. If you've been playing up to now on an older version, then your rank ups will likely be correct.

Hi Sega - sorry to keep bothering. I put the IRO exes in the FF7 folder and 7H is pointing directly to it. Rank ups still only appear with 1 - 3 sources each. Any thoughts?

EmperorSteele

• View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: 2018-08-22 04:00:22 »
So, question/minor problem:

In the documentation folder, it has a list of all the available e-skills. It says that Mu use/give L5 Suicide. Except they don't seem to use it. They use something called "Quarry Fuse", which DOES end up in the e-skill list (but isn't mentioned in the text file). But this leaves me with a problem: Chocobuckle can only be attained using L5 Suicide. This new ability doens't seem to work for that purpose, and I seem unable to Manipulate a Mu to look at its ability list.

Also, the Midgar Zolem is using Beta, not this "Alpha" ability that's listed, which I seem unable to find anywhere. Again, I cannot manipulate him to see what he's got.

Any hits on how to fill out my E-Skill materia?

And oh yeah: I've seen some mentions of an "Arrange" mode. What is that? I can't find anything about it in the documentation =/
« Last Edit: 2018-08-22 04:38:45 by EmperorSteele »

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: 2018-08-23 00:43:19 »
Hi Sega - sorry to keep bothering. I put the IRO exes in the FF7 folder and 7H is pointing directly to it. Rank ups still only appear with 1 - 3 sources each. Any thoughts?

Try checking the .exe properties by right-clicking it and selecting properties, then unblocking it if this button appears.

So, question/minor problem:

In the documentation folder, it has a list of all the available e-skills. It says that Mu use/give L5 Suicide. Except they don't seem to use it. They use something called "Quarry Fuse", which DOES end up in the e-skill list (but isn't mentioned in the text file). But this leaves me with a problem: Chocobuckle can only be attained using L5 Suicide. This new ability doens't seem to work for that purpose, and I seem unable to Manipulate a Mu to look at its ability list.

Also, the Midgar Zolem is using Beta, not this "Alpha" ability that's listed, which I seem unable to find anywhere. Again, I cannot manipulate him to see what he's got.

Any hits on how to fill out my E-Skill materia?

And oh yeah: I've seen some mentions of an "Arrange" mode. What is that? I can't find anything about it in the documentation =/

As of the latest patches, Zolom was given Beta again and Chocobo AI was set up to react to quarry fuse so long as Mimett Greens were fed to them beforehand.

cjmstate

• View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: 2018-08-23 02:35:29 »
Try checking the .exe properties by right-clicking it and selecting properties, then unblocking it if this button appears.

As of the latest patches, Zolom was given Beta again and Chocobo AI was set up to react to quarry fuse so long as Mimett Greens were fed to them beforehand.

Exe is unlocked but still only 1-3 sources on rank up. Any other ideas?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: 2018-08-24 02:09:04 »
None, assuming the .exes are being put in the right place and are replacing the default ones you'll need to figure out what your PC is doing to prevent the new ones from being used. Reinstalling the game outside of protected system folders might help.