(1/26) > >>

Maki:

What?
OpenVIII is made in MonoGame and aims to recreate 1:1 experience of FFVIII

Why?
I don't know

Show it!
https://youtu.be/Fo5Q0qOCsU4
PS> I forgot to show FMV support, but it's there (just without audio  :x )

open-source, you say?
yes, https://github.com/MaKiPL/OpenVIII

OpenVIII not only is going to play VIII as vanilla, but also would leave an open doors for modders. It's going to be extremely easy to import own OBJ, FBX models into the game, uses 4K textures and whatever you want. I'll make sure to create a mod tool so you would just import your model from 3D modelling tool and that's all.

Sega Chief:
That's really amazing, biggest turn off for me with the PC version is that it looks and sounds worse than the original PS1 game (granted there are texture/background mods, but I prefer that 'real' PS1 aesthetic if that makes sense). An opensource FF8 would be super useful for modding, the restrictions on adding new enemies and field models/scripts are pretty tough to work around.

Downloaded the repository & installed monogame (think I need some other stuff for video/audio). Having a dig through it at the moment.

obesebear:
You should probably contact Square Enix and see how much money they're willing to give you for it.  Awesome job!

Maki:

--- Quote from: Sega Chief on 2019-02-28 14:51:15 ---(think I need some other stuff for video/audio).

--- End quote ---

all needed dll's are in root catalogue: AForge.Video.FFMPEG.dll; AForge.Video.dll; DirectMidiNet.dll and NAudio.dll

--- Quote from: obesebear on 2019-02-28 16:27:14 ---You should probably contact Square Enix and see how much money they're willing to give you for it.  Awesome job!

--- End quote ---

SE hates VIII for some reason

Anyway, I'm really afraid of animations- I haven't done any single type of skeletal animation directly from code other than vertex morphing. I have no single idea how I'm supposed to work with bones/skin and animation frames

Yagami Light:
Get better soon Maki, the amount you have done already just by yourself is impressive, even though its based on the pc version which has lots of graphical bugs and sound issues compared to ps1, it shouldn't be too hard to replace those with better versions since its open source. Possibilities are endless still sad you have put more effort in this than Square Enix has done since the original release.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version