Author Topic: [FF7PC] Nightmare 7 - Total Game Conversion (1.02)  (Read 276248 times)

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
Re: [WIP/REL] Nightmare 7, Includes Hardcore and Aerith Revival
« Reply #100 on: 2012-10-13 16:57:52 »
:-o Sigh

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2012-10-13 17:39:37 »
When you first posted your OVA, it had links to your website with illegal torrents of the game. I find all your comments about copying work ironic.

The only thing ironic is apart from your complaints about stealing (taking any material without permission is steal, he didn't ask me if he could use the material before he uploaded his demo) you stand like the bad guy, but finally is the only person that can't upload the content is he.

Did you put anything after the end of Demo? Your videos show event in Kalm, Wutai, Whirlwind Maze.
I finished translating your mod and successfully put it into Nightmare 7 ( I fixed quite a few bugs, too, and added more stuff )
If you need help to test events or code them, I might be able to help now. I learned a lot from fixing your script.
Because I'm busy too, I will only be able to help if in exchange I can use your events ( you are credited in the prelude credits ingame and thread in forum for new field events )  in Nightmare 7.

He didn't conform with the work of my demo, he also wanted the work I show in my videos (not published), in addition he offers his help in exchange of this.
This is a joke?
Hadn't I help him enough?
Its main of the problem, abuse.
Really is this good for the community too?

Also share If he agrees I can think in offer everything, or better, if you want I can change the name of my mod and call it nightmare 7.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #102 on: 2012-10-13 18:04:23 »
The only thing ironic is apart from your complaints about stealing (taking any material without permission is steal, he didn't ask me if he could use the material before he uploaded his demo) you stand like the bad guy, but finally is the only person that can't upload the content is he.

You also host Aali's driver and other mods without permission ( and you didn't ask for permission before you hosted them and have your users install them by requirement to use OVA. ) so by your own logic, you stole those mods.

He didn't conform with the work of my demo, he also wanted the work I show in my videos (not published), in addition he offers his help in exchange of this.

http://forums.qhimm.com/index.php?topic=13468.msg192957#msg192957

This is a joke?
Hadn't I help him enough?

I remember when you kept asking me if NFITC got back to me on that materia growth hack. Or how to disable new materia being born at master. Or the rotating battle bgm, or the field variables I used.

Its main of the problem, abuse.
Really is this good for the community too?

Drama and lying isn't better, mind you.

Also share If he agrees I can think in offer everything, or better, if you want I can change the name of my mod and call it nightmare 7.

Go ahead. Do it.  8)
I'd actually take it as compliment if someone went through the trouble to combine my mod with another.

EQ2Alyza

• 7th Heaven Crew
  • Global moderator
  • Dilly-Dally Shilly-Shally
    • View Profile
    • EQ2Alyza - YouTube Channel
« Reply #103 on: 2012-10-13 18:16:34 »

Your idea of being ironic is not accurate. I didn't complain about whether he was stealing, and I didn't comment at all on the truthfulness of him asking or not. Those are irrelevant to my comment, and I leave them for you two to dispute.

What I said was that you originally posted a website link with torrent downloads to illegal game files. That means, as some point, you stole the game. The irony lies in the fact that you posted a complaint in the Announcements about someone stealing your work. Therefore, my comment still stands that it remains ironic how you started on this site dealing with the topic of stealing, and will probably now end on this site with the topic of stealing. That is irony at it's finest.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #104 on: 2012-10-13 18:24:31 »
Your idea of being ironic is not accurate. I didn't complain about whether he was stealing, and I didn't comment at all on the truthfulness of him asking or not. Those are irrelevant to my comment, and I leave them for you two to dispute.

What I said was that you originally posted a website link with torrent downloads to illegal game files. That means, as some point, you stole the game. The irony lies in the fact that you posted a complaint in the Announcements about someone stealing your work. Therefore, my comment still stands that it remains ironic how you started on this site dealing with the topic of stealing, and will probably now end on this site with the topic of stealing. That is irony at it's finest.

Don't forget about stealing the mods he hosts there without permission.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2012-10-13 18:42:46 »

You also host Aali's driver and other mods without permission ( and you didn't ask for permission before you hosted them and have your users install them by requirement to use OVA. ) so by your own logic, you stole those mods.

The moderator saw my page and there were no problem, it only forgot the torrent of FF7
In the end I'm going to be the thief, right? xD

I remember when you kept asking me if NFITC got back to me on that materia growth hack. Or how to disable new materia being born at master. Or the rotating battle bgm, or the field variables I used.

Right, others did that work for you again.

For that reason I have to share my work? By forgetting to remove a link?

The problem is abuse, annoy me at the end.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #106 on: 2012-10-13 18:50:20 »
The moderator saw my page and there were no problem, it only forgot the torrent of FF7
In the end I'm going to be the thief, right? xD.

You "forgot" to remove the torrent. So you admit that you were distributing the game illegally. And there only is 'no problem' because that site is not Qhimm. It's still stealing their work, no warped double standard for you good sir. If I'm a thief, then so are you, as evident.

But then again, I can take your mod and put it into Nightmare as much as I want as long as I host it elsewhere and don't link to it here.  8)

Right, others did that work for you again.
Correction: they did for you, since you were the instigator of the question.

For that reason I have to share my work? By forgetting to remove a link?

The problem is abuse, annoy me at the end.

You don't seem to fully grasp what EQ is saying.

I have no idea what you are trying to make a point of anyway. Right now you're yelling at me for using your work without permission. You host several mods without permission. Maybe you should yell at yourself first?

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2012-10-13 19:26:06 »
You "forgot" to remove the torrent. So you admit that you were distributing the game illegally. And there only is 'no problem' because that site is not Qhimm. It's still stealing their work, no warped double standard for you good sir. If I'm a thief, then so are you, as evident.

Nobody Told me this bad, and moderator qhimm view the page, you can not say "you're stealing," They publish to share.

The mods are for playing mainly and to respect their development.

But then again, I can take your mod and put it into Nightmare as much as I want as long as I do not host it elsewhere and link to it here. 8)

You're a genius

Correction: they did for you, since you were the instigator of the question.

Correction: for you also.

I have no idea what you are trying to make a point of anyway. Right now you're yelling at me for using your work without permission. You host several mods without permission. Maybe you should yell at yourself first?

Not for me, just make it easy for members, only for them, not a problem to remove the links, but I think it's no problem for authors.

dkma841

• delete
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2012-10-13 19:53:33 »
Cloudiar would you be satisified if he gave you like a lot of credit for the ova thing with thanks and that and maybe even him linking to your thread around the top where it gains most attention? That way alot of people will know you spent that this is your work? You will get a lot of recognition this way for your work i guess
« Last Edit: 2012-10-13 21:03:26 by e1sunz »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2012-10-13 20:14:32 »
Enough.

If you two want to battle it out do it elsewhere. I am very close to just banning the both of you and be done with it.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #110 on: 2012-10-14 01:18:22 »
Cloudiar would you be satisified if he gave you like a lot of credit for the ova thing with thanks and that and maybe even him linking to your thread around the top where it gains most attention?

Sans the linking to his thread, that was how things were before.

I'll actually heed SL and stop here ( just wanted to explain that last thing to e1sunz )

whitERaven

• when the Raven turns white..
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2012-10-14 01:39:03 »
Well that's closed, so kuugen any updates on the nightmare mod?

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #112 on: 2012-10-14 02:19:53 »
is there a way to add or change locations on the world map. for example not saying you should do this but adding the cliff where zack dies to a cliff outside midgar with a small event to add to the flashback.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #113 on: 2012-10-14 02:25:34 »
I'm mostly waiting for bug reports from the people I know that play it. So far, theres a few ( question text boxes aren't sized properly, there was a glitch for infinite megalixirs in the ova version. ) and I'm fixing them as they get reported. I won't be uploading countless new versions but wait until they got far enough.
Other than that, making plans for some events here and there ( Shopping Week in Kalm ) ( Mirror Party following you after Midgar and repeatedly forcing you into fights. Gonna need to ask NxK about some AI stuff first for this one )
Gambling House in Junon.
Some other stuff.

edit: posted during my reply omega :p
World Map editing is possible but incredibly complex. And right now, you can't really add "locations" you can enter. You can only change existing cells. I know i saw a screenshot of someone ( might actually have been aali ) over a year ago. Technically, since the cliff is in a cutscene, I could add it as a regular field via mapjumps and specific checks but right now that's not planned. I'll keep it in mind though. The story of Nightmare 7 is original though so any flashback you might have in mind will be different from what you imagine.

omega res novae

• previously known as squall8cloud7
    • View Profile
    • omegas mods google docs
« Reply #114 on: 2012-10-14 02:39:47 »
i was just stating the cliffs as an example to further explain what i was asking. nice info though thanks

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2012-10-14 03:02:36 »
I would also like to test this, but can't get bootleg to work right.. I just manually install all mods I'm using, maybe I'll just let the elites do the testing.. I don't think I can be of much help on that part anyway, LoL :) :)

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2012-10-15 19:30:15 »
Oh, I see that you are still using my material in your mod, but now instead of using everything you only use the most important material of my mod, thanks!, you used my code only (partially or completely) in these fields:

mdstin
md1_1
md1_2
nrthmk
nmkin_5
southmk1
southmk2
smkin_1
smkin_2
smkin_3
smkin_4
smkin_5
md8_1
md8_2
md8_3
md8brdg
cargoin
mds7st1
mds7st2
mds7st3
mds7st32
mds7_w1
mds7_w2
mds7_w3
mds7
mds7_im
min71
mds7pb_1
mds7pb_2
mds7plr1
mds7plr2
pillar_1
pillar_2
pillar_3
tunnel_1
tunnel_2
tunnel_3
sbwy4_1
sbwy4_2
sbwy4_3
sbwy4_4
sbwy4_5
sbwy4_6
mds5_3
mds5_2
min51_1
min51_2
mds5_dk
mds5_1
mds5_w
mds5_i
mds5_m
church
chrin_1b
chrin_2
chrin_3a
eals_1
ealin_1
ealin_12
ealin_2
mds6_1
mds6_2
mds6_22
mds6_3
mrkt2
mkt_w
mkt_mens
mkt_ia
mktinn
mkt_m
mkt_s1
mkt_s2
mkt_s3
mktpb
mrkt1
colne_1
colne_2
colne_3
colne_4
colne_5
colne_6
colne_b1
colne_b3
mrkt3
onna_2
onna_4
onna_5
onna_52
mrkt4
wcrimb_1
wcrimb_2
md0
sinbil_1
sinbil_2
blinst_1
blinst_2
blinst_3
binele
eleout
blin1
blin2
blin2_i
blin59
blin60_1
blin60_2
blin61
blin62_1
blin62_2
blin63_1
blin65_1
blin66_2
blin67_1
blin671b
blin67_2
blin67_3
blin673b
blin68_1
blin68_2
blin69_1
blin70_1
blin70_2
blin70_3
« Last Edit: 2012-10-15 20:18:09 by cloudiar »

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2012-10-15 20:33:00 »
it just seems like really small cookies

but i don't write code so maybe i'm mistaken

i took a Java class once, quit going about half way through, didnt take the final... guy gave me a D wtf shoulda been an F i was outraged.

cloudiar

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2012-10-15 20:57:02 »
I checked, here you can see some things that used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCPU9mCjqOM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYxDdH4daD0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2mSzAK3aS8

This is only some examples, besides those videos are my alpha version, currently uses corrected versions of my demo.

I thought the only finally use some, but surprise, uses 90% of the changes (events) offered in my mod.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #119 on: 2012-10-15 21:13:11 »
it just seems like really small cookies

but i don't write code so maybe i'm mistaken

i took a Java class once, quit going about half way through, didnt take the final... guy gave me a D wtf shoulda been an F i was outraged.

Erm... did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2012-10-15 21:41:54 »
I am not going to take either party here, or to increase the flame war or anything (this will be my only post), but here is my point.

You did something very good with OVA, and Kuugen took it as a base for his own code. You published something on the Internet, too bad, it's no longer yours. That's sad but that's how things are. On another note, yes, it would have been really cool if you could have kept the code you made for yourself, and I understand it can be raging. Sadly, nobody can control something once it's on the Internet. Delete it, and soon after it will be back. Post something, claim ownership, copyright or anything, people don't care, they still use it, or crack or whatever. It may look like I'm defending Kuugen, but I'm not. From what I understood, Kuugen thought you agreed, and when you said you didn't want your code in theirs. Correct me if I'm wrong, but please do so in PM. There's already enough talking in this thread.

Yes, this is sad. But that's how it is.

~Vgr

P.S.: I'd like to remind I'm not taking any party here.

Template

• Life is a series of cats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2012-10-15 21:53:20 »
Erm... did you accidentally post in the wrong thread?

nah, man. kinda poking fun at what a trainwreck this thread became. small cookies is good for you, don't struggle.

Tenko Kuugen

• Public Enemy
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
« Reply #122 on: 2012-10-15 21:57:00 »
nah, man. kinda poking fun at what a trainwreck this thread became. small cookies is good for you, don't struggle.

I prefer tea with biscuits instead of cookies
hmmmm biscuits...
back on topic, fixed a few more bugs and trying to fix that bug in my nose thats causing it to constantly run and produce snot

JLOUTLAW

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2012-10-15 21:57:30 »
I'm with VGR here. You made a great thing, but it's also a bugged thing. Kuugen is working on making it less buggy, and better. He's taking the time to improve what you started not just putting a new name on it and calling it his. Once you post something into a download file, that's all she wrote. You gave other people permission to use and in this case edit what you made the minute you uploaded it, like VGR said. Why not help the product that has origins in what you made, and take pride in the fact you made something someone thought was worth using and working on for a massive game? Hell, he's even gave you credit for your program. At this point you're coming off pretty unreasonable and a bit asinine. It'd be like me designing a world map texture and then being pissed off at Squeenix for using it in a game they came out with or someone being upset if Kuugen decided to use a boss they retextured or designed for Nightmare VII. Makes no sense whatsoever.
« Last Edit: 2012-10-15 22:00:04 by JLOUTLAW »

whitERaven

• View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2012-10-15 22:12:49 »
@kuugen
Hi sir, I didn't get the feedback on the black diamond weapon, did it passed the standards of its critics??