Author Topic: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v2.0.99994)  (Read 4876239 times)

Kiroshu

• View Profile
Re: [FF7PC-98/Steam] New Threat Mod (v1.5)
« Reply #7600 on: 2019-03-27 20:22:20 »
I think I got it working on the switch. The dialog box when you choose new game pops up so that's a good sign.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7601 on: 2019-03-27 22:27:59 »
I can confirm that NT 1.5 is running on the Nintendo Switch :D
https://imgur.com/a/EzojFHd

I think I got it working on the switch. The dialog box when you choose new game pops up so that's a good sign.

I just saw the thread on the Discord, that's really cool that it runs on Switch. I guess rushing FF7 PC ports over to new platforms without major adjustment has its advantages.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #7602 on: 2019-03-28 13:06:00 »
Could someone give me a reminder of what Cid’s Second wind and whatever Cait Sith’s abilty is do?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7603 on: 2019-03-28 13:37:21 »
Could someone give me a reminder of what Cid’s Second wind and whatever Cait Sith’s abilty is do?

When 2nd Wind charges, Cid can use his Defend command to fully restore his HP/MP. Cait Sith has a passive MP regen which is boosted whenever he is Defending.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #7604 on: 2019-03-28 13:49:58 »
Thank you Sega Chief!

Still enjoying your mod nearly 4 years after I discovered it.

Rikku

• View Profile
« Reply #7605 on: 2019-03-28 14:03:48 »
Glad to hear, this wonderful mod could be running on the Switch.
My concer is about Android. I´m thinking on buy it just for New Threat on my phone but i want to know if this is possible and if it is hard to
make it.

Thanks !!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: 2019-03-28 14:43:48 »
A user did get it running on Android but I don't know the steps; it likely involves a jailbroken phone though.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: 2019-03-28 17:30:07 »
hey yall. been forever since i touched this stuff so i forgot what im doing lol.

do i need that patch for the new version?

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: 2019-03-28 20:26:02 »
If it's the normal installer then yes, if it's the 7H IRO then no.

Murasame

• View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: 2019-03-30 06:47:49 »
In the Mideel area is it only supposed to be the Crysales enemy that gives no EXP while the Head hunters still give some out? I seem to remember both not giving any before as it was a great spot to grind out Materia without getting overpowered in levels.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #7610 on: 2019-03-30 11:03:25 »
Hello are there any changelog between the 12 February 2019 Patch and the 20th March 2019 full iro's version ?
Thanks

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: 2019-03-30 15:34:26 »
In the Mideel area is it only supposed to be the Crysales enemy that gives no EXP while the Head hunters still give some out? I seem to remember both not giving any before as it was a great spot to grind out Materia without getting overpowered in levels.

There's an AI routine that locks EXP if party is under a certain level but it clashed with a change made to how Level is handled in formulas. This'll no longer be a factor in the final major update.

Hello are there any changelog between the 12 February 2019 Patch and the 20th March 2019 full iro's version ?
Thanks

There weren't any major changes, it was just that the IRO had some bugs from debug, etc. that needed to be sorted out.

satsuki

• View Profile
    • My softs (french only)
« Reply #7612 on: 2019-03-30 15:40:46 »
Thanks, i hope this great mod will be final so one can translate it to french ^^

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: 2019-03-30 16:09:34 »
Hey Sega Chief--I haven't played this mod in eons, but want to play through again. However, I think I saw you mention that 1.5 is the "final" version of it, and I just wanted to check and make sure what that meant.

Is the Final Final version uploaded on the OP, or do you still plan some small updates for 1.5?

Also, I saw you mention a 2.0 version that would be rebuilt with other modding tools. Are you able to let us in on what major changes you plan on making? Or is it still super preliminary while you work on other projects?

Looking forward to playing this again, especially with some of the nerfs I know people like me asked for in previous versions!

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: 2019-03-31 00:35:44 »
Hey Sega Chief--I haven't played this mod in eons, but want to play through again. However, I think I saw you mention that 1.5 is the "final" version of it, and I just wanted to check and make sure what that meant.

Is the Final Final version uploaded on the OP, or do you still plan some small updates for 1.5?

Also, I saw you mention a 2.0 version that would be rebuilt with other modding tools. Are you able to let us in on what major changes you plan on making? Or is it still super preliminary while you work on other projects?

Looking forward to playing this again, especially with some of the nerfs I know people like me asked for in previous versions!

The original plan was to update 1.5 one last time to sort some things out with it and then wait for some new frameworks to release and making 2.0 using the new features offered by those frameworks.

But now I'm thinking it might be better to instead push for a comprehensive 1.5 update and port that to the new frameworks instead. That way I can add a few things here or there depending on what features are available. So there'll be no 2.0, more like a 1.5+ with unique features depending on what framework is being used to play it (7th Heaven, Reunion, or Sister Ray).

The goal of the update:

//Balancing
-) Level modification in character AI is being removed
-) Full re-spec of every spell, character, item, weapon, armour, and accessory
-) Rebalancing run of the game's enemies
-) EXP handling changed (more moderate, no soft-caps)
-) Materia & AP adjustments (some new Materia added to separate out certain spells)

//Field Script & Content
-) Extra Battle expanded
-) Full roll-out of the 'meet party in towns' feature to include other locations
-) Removal of SP currency in favour of upgrades becoming available at set intervals
-) Additional QoLs
-) Ending Behaviour changed (Ending FMV will always play except under one condition)

//Arrange Mode Expansion
-) Proper replacement of every story boss
-) Difficulty-level drastically increased
-) Field scripting for alternative story flow (some characters will be available earlier)
-) All item pickups on the field changed from Standard Mode
-) Two crucial gameplay modifiers that I'm not disclosing at this time

//Cut Content
-) Dark Cave has been deactivated and the scripts are being repurposed
-) Junon Leagues scrapped
-) A number of encounters will be removed/repurposed

//Misc.
-) Some restructuring in the flevel.lgp, char.lgp, and battle.lgp for mod compatibility
-) EXE modifications ported over to hex format for better compatibility
-) Proper .EXE support for French, Spanish, and German versions

I've already finished some of these, and others are fairly fast to do at this stage. We'll see how it progresses.

To clarify, the 1.5 update will be the final update. When modding frameworks release, I'll add a few extras based on what they make possible but the mod will essentially be the same on all frameworks.

magictrufflez

• View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: 2019-03-31 15:49:15 »
That all sounds pretty great--I'll definitely keep my eye out for the final 1.5 update, since i don't want to start over halfway through!

Thanks SC!

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: 2019-04-01 01:53:15 »
Hey Sega, what are the chances of transporting this mod over to PlayStation versions?

I don’t feel like buying a new computer to experience this along with everything else, but I wouldn’t mind playing vanilla FF7 with this mod added only on my retropie.

Let me know if it’s possible.

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: 2019-04-01 17:54:10 »
Hey Sega, what are the chances of transporting this mod over to PlayStation versions?

I don’t feel like buying a new computer to experience this along with everything else, but I wouldn’t mind playing vanilla FF7 with this mod added only on my retropie.

Let me know if it’s possible.

A port is possible but some things would need to be pared down. A PSX version would have the vanilla battle models with much fewer new enemies (and those that are brought over are locked to default models as well). Field scripts should be all right but some adjustments might be needed here and there.

When I've finished this last update I'll see if I can put one together.

Travis

• "I control the world with fear."
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: 2019-04-02 02:17:34 »
Dope!

HeXy

• View Profile
    • Toast the Ghost
« Reply #7619 on: 2019-04-04 14:03:32 »
Hiya Sega Chief, just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations on one of the most polished mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing.  I've been seriously challenged, just got past the utterly evil Demons Gates, and cannot wait to see what else lies in store, a pint/coffee is on its way to you

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7620 on: 2019-04-04 14:06:09 »
Hiya Sega Chief, just wanted to add my thanks and congratulations on one of the most polished mods I've ever had the pleasure of playing.  I've been seriously challenged, just got past the utterly evil Demons Gates, and cannot wait to see what else lies in store, a pint/coffee is on its way to you

Thanks, bud; hope it goes well and let me know if there are any problems.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7621 on: 2019-04-07 00:16:17 »
heya sega chief. so i have an issue/bug to report. the midgar zolom scene in front of the myhtril caves? the game has an error the moment it fades to black to go back to the world map, forcing me to close the game. help? lol

Sega Chief

• These guys is sick
    • View Profile
« Reply #7622 on: 2019-04-07 00:22:59 »
heya sega chief. so i have an issue/bug to report. the midgar zolom scene in front of the myhtril caves? the game has an error the moment it fades to black to go back to the world map, forcing me to close the game. help? lol

Are there any other mods installed (also was it 7H or just regular installer)? I haven't touched anything on that field for a very long time but will have a look.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7623 on: 2019-04-07 00:27:16 »
the only other mod was a tiny one for the party icons in the menu. the 2d sprite one. as far as installs go, its steam ff7 with the normal non-7H install along with the patch.

Maverick4031

• View Profile
« Reply #7624 on: 2019-04-07 01:01:53 »
as if to mock me, it didn't glitch out the second time around. idk how that works but ok lol. that really bugs me tho. pardon the pun lol.