Author Topic: [PSX/PC] Save Editor - Black Chocobo (v1.15)  (Read 1000871 times)

sithlord48

• Dark Lord of the Savegame
    • View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
Re: [RELEASE v1.9.7]: Black Chocobo - FF7 Save Game Editor
« Reply #800 on: 2012-10-28 19:16:22 »
mcr files seam to work just fine, be sure your using bc 1.9.7 and opening the correct file . its possible that the bottle is saving them elsewhere .

AngryCrab

• View Profile
« Reply #801 on: 2012-10-28 21:11:07 »
You were right. Using a bottled BC, I was able to open the package contents of the pcsxr.app and follow it's drive_c file path, which worked where trying the OS X path didn't. Thanks. :D

edit So I opened my save. All I wanted was to change the region, so just went to edit -> USA. Saved. Exited, it asked me if I wanted to save those changes again, said yes, then all my file info in BC changed to the default when the program first opens. Whatevs. But then I try to load it and it's gone. :(

edit out rant. i'm just gonna get the pc version and be done with emulation
« Last Edit: 2012-10-28 23:55:30 by AngryCrab »

psemu.pl

• View Profile
« Reply #802 on: 2012-11-05 09:02:53 »
First of all - thank you for your work and excellent app, which Black Chocobo certainly is.

Secondly, I would like to ask if there is posoble to develop external plugin for MemcardRex:
http://shendosoft.blogspot.com/2012/07/memcardrex-16-released.html

It would me amazing to have - advanced psx save manage utility, and FF7 save editor (even containing only the basic options e.g. characters, items and materia) in one tool.

Regards,
w_m of PSEmu.pl

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #803 on: 2012-11-05 15:33:38 »
First of all - thank you for your work and excellent app, which Black Chocobo certainly is.
:)
Secondly, I would like to ask if there is posoble to develop external plugin for MemcardRex:
http://shendosoft.blogspot.com/2012/07/memcardrex-16-released.html

It would me amazing to have - advanced psx save manage utility, and FF7 save editor (even containing only the basic options e.g. characters, items and materia) in one tool.

Regards,
w_m of PSEmu.pl
It would be possible, however i don't do C#. Black Chocobo is Written in Qt using C++ so it would have to be ported to C# and (to use native windows forms for gui?).  HOWEVER since Black Chocobo and the FF7tk are GPLv3, Shendo (or anyone else) can do this porting.  if one wanted to do this i would suggest that they start by porting the FF7Save Class to that plugin format since all I/O to the save file is done via that Object. then the  other stuff in "static data" depending on how much you want to be able to edit.  i would of course explain any code that is i need of explaining. and you would have to make your own GUI parts using windows forms.

psemu.pl

• View Profile
« Reply #804 on: 2012-11-06 09:35:56 »
:)It would be possible, however i don't do C#. [...] windows forms.
Thank you for the extensive reply.

Shendo

• View Profile
« Reply #805 on: 2012-11-08 21:03:08 »
Hello everyone.
I'm Shendo, the creator of MemcardRex.

I've taken a quick look at the source and as I can see classes are pretty much Qt specific.
Porting the code to C# will take a large amount of time (rebuilding the entire GUI with WinForms for example)

However, if it's possible to compile a DLL instead of an executable with these functions exported:
Code: [Select]
string getPluginName();  //Plugin name + version
string getPluginAuthor();   //Author name
string getPluginSupportedGames();  //In this case "Final Fantasy VII"
string[] getSupportedProductCodes();   //Array of supported product codes (eg. {"SCUS-94163"})
byte[] editSaveData(byte[] gameSaveData, string saveProductCode);   //Get 128 + 8192 byte save file and return edited one (null if there were no changes)
void showAboutDialog();
void showConfigDialog();
I could easily make a "pass-through" DLL which would bind .net with qt based DLL Black Chocobo, effectively making it a plugin.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #806 on: 2012-11-08 21:14:23 »
Hello everyone.
I'm Shendo, the creator of MemcardRex.

I've taken a quick look at the source and as I can see classes are pretty much Qt specific.
Porting the code to C# will take a large amount of time (rebuilding the entire GUI with WinForms for example)

However, if it's possible to compile a DLL instead of an executable with these functions exported:
Code: [Select]
string getPluginName();  //Plugin name + version
string getPluginAuthor();   //Author name
string getPluginSupportedGames();  //In this case "Final Fantasy VII"
string[] getSupportedProductCodes();   //Array of supported product codes (eg. {"SCUS-94163"})
byte[] editSaveData(byte[] gameSaveData, string saveProductCode);   //Get 128 + 8192 byte save file and return edited one (null if there were no changes)
void showAboutDialog();
void showConfigDialog();
I could easily make a "pass-through" DLL which would bind .net with qt based DLL Black Chocobo, effectively making it a plugin.
i think it would have to be made a special version using just core stuff to get a DLL out of it. perhaps we can meet up on irc or thru some IM or Pm's and discuss how i can get this working for plugin style.

Shendo

• View Profile
« Reply #807 on: 2012-11-10 15:28:03 »
I can't create PMs (yet?)...
Anyway, we can chat through IRC (specify channel) or through Skype. PM me with your contact info.

Shendo

• View Profile
« Reply #808 on: 2012-11-13 23:57:09 »
And it's done. Visit http://shendosoft.blogspot.com/ for more information and a download link.

Big thanks to Sithlord48 for the support. ;)

gliitch

« Reply #809 on: 2012-11-16 16:51:02 »
http://www.tortuga-cove.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3366 :D i used your editor to accomplish this. :) there has to be a way for a work around on the PSV PSX saves though. :/

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: 2012-11-29 14:30:07 »
Where is the data for the amount of times the limits are used? There should be one for each of the X-2 limits (and maybe for the 4-1 and 4-2, not sure about this). I basically want to check if I can break the (vanilla) game by trying to access X-3 limits, but 65535 uses is a tiny bit time consuming. I know that WM could possibly do what I want, but I believe that's a feature that could possibly be useful to people using mods [that adds X-3 limits].

~Vgr

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #811 on: 2012-11-29 16:28:11 »
The limit used data is saved in the characters block. please see the Character Record section of the savemap .  the limit uses are stored in offsets 0x26(1-1) 0x28(2-1) and 0x2A(3-1). Limit uses for x-2 limits are not saved. All of the character record is know except for 4 bytes starting @ 0x34 (bc can read these in advanced/debug mode) i have yet to see one of those bytes have a non 0 value.

Vgr

• Global moderator
  • If it quacks like a duck, it must be a duck
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: 2012-11-29 18:07:55 »
Limit uses for x-2 limits are not saved.

I am 99% positive that the X-2 uses ARE saved somewhere. Maybe not in the savemap though. I remember seeing somewhere that BP are saved somewhere (although they reset upon leaving the battle arena) so it would probably be similar for X-2 limit uses.

i have yet to see one of those bytes have a non 0 value.

Speaking of such, Wall Market defines the amount of uses of X-2 [to get X-3] to be 65535. My guess is that, since 65535 is FFFFh, and FFFFh CAN be interpreted as NULL, maybe it was misinterpreted in WM and instead means 0 uses, or impossibility to get it.

Will check into debug mode once I get home.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #813 on: 2012-12-20 17:29:37 »
Some Progress for 1.9.8

+Better Slot Selection Dialog , (copy , paste and remove from the dialog now)
+Proper Hex Editor for viewing the Slots Raw Data. in PSX or FF7Slot Size
+Improvements in Non ff7 psx Being Viewed, Edited Or Exported. Including MultiBlock Saves.
+More Locations Almost All of them now.

Cleaned up some FF7tk code, more enums and stuff like that to make it easier for coders to use.

there is more just not sure what it is atm that is the important stuff.

give the daily build ppa a try (deb based nix)or  build svn to test or use newer features.

DLPB_

• Banned
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: 2012-12-21 10:26:13 »
vgr, if the values are not placed in the savemap area, they are not saved.  They are simply in memory.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #815 on: 2012-12-30 14:22:31 »
A Tad bit more 1.9.8 progress:

New:Black Chocobo and the FF7tk now build on both Qt4 and Qt5.
     this is good because Qt4 will start to be phased out as Qt5 is finally out.

WIP: FF7Locations now also include the "filename" of each location. (still working on getting them all added)
     the sub project on this also will "fix" the XYZ coords used for maps to reflect the real way that stuff is saved in the     savemap. when done you should be able to use makou to get coords for placement.

WIP: i also have a few dozen  NEW field items flags figured out (most around forgotten city's zone). i will possibly include for 1.9.8 a new progression widget that is location centric this will allow you to select a location and set flags for both that location progression as well as flags for any field items that maybe there. im still thinking about the best way to make it. this widget will have to wait untill i finish the remaining Feild location names

xplosivmetal

• View Profile
« Reply #816 on: 2012-12-30 14:44:09 »
Sithlord,

A bugfix you might think about including in 1.9.8...

Change \FF7tk\widgets\CharEditor.cpp line 1472 (in subroutine void CharEditor::cb_sadness_toggled(bool sad)) from this:

setSadnessFury(0x20);

to this:

setSadnessFury(0x10);

and also line 1483 (in subroutine void CharEditor::cb_fury_toggled(bool fury)) from this:

setSadnessFury(0x10);

to this:

setSadnessFury(0x20);

You will also need to change lines 28 & 29 in \FF7tk\static_data\FF7Char.h from:

enum FF7CharStatus
    {
        Fury = 0x10,
        Sadness =0x20,

BackRow = 0xFE,
        FrontRow =0xFF
    };

to this:

enum FF7CharStatus
    {
        Sadness  = 0x10,
        Fury         = 0x20,

BackRow  = 0xFE,
        FrontRow = 0xFF
    };

These changes are required when you need your characters to be in 'Fury' and not find out when you load your save game they have been set to 'Sadness' instead!

I have double checked with Jenova Source, Fury is 0x20 (32 in denary) & Sadness is 0x10 (16 in denary)

Thanks for your time :)

Lloyd

IanR

• View Profile
« Reply #817 on: 2012-12-31 16:53:24 »
Openning an ePSXe 1.8.0 memory card causes Black Chocobo to crash.

Running windows 7 x64.  All sample save files load OK, just not the memory card created by ePSXe.

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #818 on: 2012-12-31 17:28:56 »
@xplosivmetal: I have Fixed that Thanks for report.

Openning an ePSXe 1.8.0 memory card causes Black Chocobo to crash.

Running windows 7 x64.  All sample save files load OK, just not the memory card created by ePSXe.

can you give me a link to the file please.
« Last Edit: 2012-12-31 17:33:10 by sithlord48 »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #820 on: 2013-01-01 01:57:05 »
try this

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=102FBDF479D78645!211&authkey=!AOetAUB8QrsQgbI
that file look just like any other epsxe memcard. i see nothing unusual.

here on my computer:(Linux 3.7.0-7-generic-i686)

i tested this file in 1.9.7 on it opens just fine.
i have also tested this on current svn build- seams to open just fine.

i will have to test the windows build of both and get back to you .

IanR

• View Profile
« Reply #821 on: 2013-01-01 12:45:34 »
this is the error log created by Windows if it helps.

Faulting application name: Black_Chocobo.exe, version: 1.9.70.0, time stamp: 0x50739aae
Faulting module name: qjpcodecs4.dll, version: 4.8.1.0, time stamp: 0x4f61c644
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0002c000
Faulting process id: 0x1100
Faulting application start time: 0x01cde8259f99674e
Faulting application path: C:\zzz\Black_Chocobo\Black_Chocobo.exe
Faulting module path: C:\zzz\Black_Chocobo\codecs\qjpcodecs4.dll
Report Id: efc6c242-5418-11e2-a088-000a5e543c96

Edit:

Just created a new memory card and saved the game to that and it now works.  The original memorycard still crashes Black Chocobo though, but it's not stopping me using the program anymore so I guess it's priority is lower.

Edit 2:

Now, the same memory card that I editted is crashing Black Chocobo again once I have gone through the game a bit more and saved.

Edit 3:

Think I've figured it out, the memory card has other game saves on it.  I created a fresh one and only have the FF7 save on there and it's working fine.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-01 18:04:02 by IanR »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #822 on: 2013-01-01 23:28:23 »
well the qjpcodecs4.dll is used for japanese language chars. unless you are using a japanese version of the game you should not ever be making any calls to the module.

Edit 3:
Think I've figured it out, the memory card has other game saves on it.  I created a fresh one and only have the FF7 save on there and it's working fine.
black chocobo should work fine it you have other save then ff7 or not.. im a bit puzzled as to why its not working for you.

IanR

• View Profile
« Reply #823 on: 2013-01-02 16:20:23 »
One of the.saves does have some kind of special character. Maybe that's it I will test it when I got.

Edit:

No, tried to load from memory card and it worked fine, copied over the two other saves from the none working memory card (Both for need for speed Porsche challenge US version) and now the memory card crashes Black Chocobo even when those two saves have been deleted.
« Last Edit: 2013-01-02 18:13:10 by IanR »

sithlord48

• View Profile
    • Blackchocobo
« Reply #824 on: 2013-01-03 00:51:47 »
Edit:
No, tried to load from memory card and it worked fine, copied over the two other saves from the none working memory card (Both for need for speed Porsche challenge US version) and now the memory card crashes Black Chocobo even when those two saves have been deleted.

it most likley that its a bug in qjpcodec4.dll. i have just tried the file on hyne (on windows) and your save also crashes hyne. there is no shared load/save code in hyne and black chocobo but they do both use the qjpcodec4.dll. hyne currently ships with the newer 4.8.3 version of the file. im going to build current svn using the latest 4.8.4 libs and see if that changes anything.