Author Topic: [PSX] Final Fantasy VIII (MFS Edit)  (Read 8086 times)

MFS

• View Profile
[PSX] Final Fantasy VIII (MFS Edit)
« on: 2019-07-28 23:26:27 »
Hi everyone! I'm a big fan of FFs on the PS1 and a hacker/modder/translator from Russia. Here's my graphical hack on Final Fantasy VIII (PSX).

The main idea of the hack was to make faces of some of the main characters look better and not so drastically outdated.

Hack features:

1. New faces/eyes for Squall, Rinoa, Quistis, Seifer.
2. New outfit for Quistis.
3. Removed censorship from Gerogero boss, returned his look from the original Japanese version (in-game model and card for the Triple Triad).
4. Removed censorship from Armory in Ultimecia's castle, restored red blood from the Japanese version.
5. New portrait for Shiva in the GF menu (the original one wasn't very good IMO).
6. Couple of minor changes.

Screenshots for comparison:

« Last Edit: 2019-08-27 20:17:04 by MFS »

sl1982

• Administrator
  • GUI Master :P
    • View Profile
Re: [PSX] Final Fantasy VIII (MFS Edit)
« Reply #1 on: 2019-08-01 14:48:39 »
Posting full disc images is not allowed here. Find an alternate way to post them that does not include copyrighted material

LordUrQuan

• Alpha testing your worst nightmares
  • LOAD "FF2J",8,1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2019-08-01 14:51:30 »
I dunno... Rinoa looks possessed before she's possessed, and Quistis doesn't strike me as the type to go flaunting cleavage.

MFS

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2019-08-27 20:19:27 »
Update. Removed censorship from Armory room in Ultimecia's Castle. Restored red blood from the original Japanese version. The patches are uploaded.

I dunno... Rinoa looks possessed before she's possessed, and Quistis doesn't strike me as the type to go flaunting cleavage.
Matter of taste, that's for sure.

albert

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2022-07-13 09:16:37 »
Good job friend, I wondering how do you exact the files form ff8img.bin, do you have a tool for PSX version?